• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations

Started by Chronaut, August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

henge0stone

I'm liking how MITD is mostly new guests and not just a rehash of older guests like DM.

Juan Cena

Preston Nichols, if only for Art's reactions to his insane Montauk Point story.

AppealPlay

Has anyone continued the late Dr. Roger Leir's research?  If so, I'd like to heard that guy on with Art.

henge0stone

How about Jack Horner, the anthropologist. Everyone loves dinosaurs.

Juan Cena

Gizmodo's Annalee Newitz wrote and article regarding how the Information Age is ending, and we are now entering an Infrastructure Age where the Internet becomes integrated into more and more everyday objects (the "Internet of Things"), and allows for the creation of more energy-efficient devices among other things.

http://gizmodo.com/the-information-age-is-over-welcome-to-infrastructure-1701477972

It sounds like a great guest and subject for Art to tackle.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 09, 2015, 04:42:55 PM
Gizmodo's Annalee Newitz wrote and article regarding how the Information Age is ending, and we are now entering an Infrastructure Age where the Internet becomes integrated into more and more everyday objects (the "Internet of Things"), and allows for the creation of more energy-efficient devices among other things.

http://gizmodo.com/the-information-age-is-over-welcome-to-infrastructure-1701477972

It sounds like a great guest and subject for Art to tackle.
Indeed. Would be a good subject. Both the positives and the negatives.
http://www.wired.com/2012/03/petraeus-tv-remote/
sort of funny how he got caught using email!

Caruthers612

Quote from: slippingaway on September 04, 2015, 08:50:46 PM
I think JJ Abrams would be an interesting interview.  I've been plowing through episodes of Fringe and I think he has, at least, listened to some Art.

Let's face it: if we are going to indulge in some of the extravagent stories that we do, many of which can NOT ALL BE TRUE, why not talk about the general theater of Science Fiction?

I'm down with that. Art did interview Chris Carter back in the X-Files days, and we know Carter often paralleled Art's show on the TV series. Plus there was Art's connection with Chris Carter's other show Millennium, which Art guest starred on. Fringe was a sort of dumber down X Files, in my opinion, with the exception of a handful of very cool episodes. JJ Abrams would be an interesting guest not only because of that, but because Lost dealt with some Paranormal themes, and obviously Star Trek.

Caruthers612

Quote from: henge0stone on September 08, 2015, 07:31:16 PM
How about Jack Horner, the anthropologist. Everyone loves dinosaurs.

You mean little Jack Horner, sat in a corner, eating his curds and whey?

Caruthers612

I'm just watching this documentary Dark Web, about the FBI's hunt to capture the Dread Pirate Roberts, which goes into not only the technological side of the deep web, but the political philosophy behind the Silk Road. I would love to hear an interview with someone with authoritative knowledge in this area. There is one particular journalist in this documentary, I think a Wired guy, who interviewed Ross Ulbricht, the DPR, before his capture, and knows a lot. He would be a good guest.
         Also William S. Burroughs, the author, who's dead, but that shouldn't be a problem for Art.

albrecht

John McAfee would be an interesting guest. Both on his legit stuff with computers, yoga to the more sordid and bizarre "escape" from Belize, various substances, his lifestyle down there, the charges (or trumped up charges,) his ideas/concerns about smartphones, and his -apparent- Presidential run on the Cyber Party ticket.....announced not soon after his arrest for a DUI with gun in Tennessee. Could be an epic interesting interview.

albrecht

Repost: IF he is still alive I would like Lyndon LaRouche as a guest. I know, I know. But could be interesting, an interesting history and with all these wild-fires and droughts his (actually not his but made before) ideas of bringing water from northern areas and Canada to other drought areas....and his political stuff (Queen is a drug dealer, wars based on drugs, etc etc etc), Russian issues, and his imprisonment and tax issues. Could be great radio and if he is still alive....for posterity's sake Art should interview.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Caruthers612 on September 11, 2015, 08:55:48 PM
         I'm just watching this documentary Dark Web, about the FBI's hunt to capture the Dread Pirate Roberts, which goes into not only the technological side of the deep web, but the political philosophy behind the Silk Road. I would love to hear an interview with someone with authoritative knowledge in this area. There is one particular journalist in this documentary, I think a Wired guy, who interviewed Ross Ulbricht, the DPR, before his capture, and knows a lot. He would be a good guest.
         Also William S. Burroughs, the author, who's dead, but that shouldn't be a problem for Art.

Yeah, the Dark Web is a good topic to explore.

That and Bitcoin, which sounds less stable as time goes on.

trostol

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 12, 2015, 03:52:37 AM
Yeah, the Dark Web is a good topic to explore.

That and Bitcoin, which sounds less stable as time goes on.

bitcoin could be as long as it isnt the so called experts Dave had on discussing it Ad nauseam

aldousburbank

I'd love to hear Art interview this dude- http://www.john-daly.com/
Lots of interesting data about the CO2 climate scam. Yeah, I said it!

Rasputin

I would love to hear another interview with the mysterious "Victor" that Art interviewed in the late 90s, but I have my doubts that he could be found again.

The other person I would like to see interviewed by Art is Edward Snowden. I know he's mentioned in this thread, but I really want to hear what he has to say in a fair interview.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Rasputin on September 13, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
I would love to hear another interview with the mysterious "Victor" that Art interviewed in the late 90s, but I have my doubts that he could be found again.

Shouldn't be too hard. Art still has Whitley's number on speeddial.

QuoteThe other person I would like to see interviewed by Art is Edward Snowden. I know he's mentioned in this thread, but I really want to hear what he has to say in a fair interview.

I'd like to hear Eric Snowden's screams as his gonads are surgically removed without anastetic.

Juan Cena

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 12, 2015, 09:46:12 PM
I'd love to hear Art interview this dude- http://www.john-daly.com/
Lots of interesting data about the CO2 climate scam. Yeah, I said it!

Hearing Art interview the golfer John Daly would be even more interesting.

AvDaBr

Pat Buchanan would be an excellent guest.  Politics may not be everyone's favorite topic but the guy possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of the topic historically, at least covering the past five decades.  His views on other historical topics, especially World War II, are certainly worth a listen.

AppealPlay

Heaven's Gate chose a few people to stay behind to spread the word about the cult.  They continue to maintain the Heaven's Gate website even though it hasn't been updated since the "Away Team" took a ride with the aliens.  Apparently they call themsleves the Telah (or TELAH) Foundation.  One of those guys would be an AWESOME interview.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 13, 2015, 11:50:55 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. Art still has Whitley's number on speeddial.

The big question is if they still have the voice modulator in good working condition, along with fully charged batteries.

rkowna

George Noory He would be the best guest ever. 

Would be great to get George on as the guest for an entire show.  Would love to hear about his love for his home in St. Louis while he chats to Art from Malibu.  That could take ten minutes.  Then we could go until the bottom of the hour asking George what it is like to go in crying to his boss' office to cry about how more people listen to the Somewhere in Time episode than listen to his nonsense all week long, lets put an end to this Art Bell fellow.  Maybe at the bottom of the hour Art could ask for tips on how to make Richard Hoagland feel like a genius, where George could spout out "Let me guess, Richard, they found it at 19.5" "Hey, how bout that.  The number 33 again.  Our Science Expert, Richard Hoagland, has done it again.  Now for you listeners suffering from a foul odor seeping from your anal cavity, I've got the cure for you.  Elderberries....."

Then on to the real questions.  What did you do to John B. Wells?  You scumbag, seriously, what.?  Where will you hide from the thirty mile long "Caravan at Midnight" barreling down the Pacific Coast Highway taking direction from Ed Dames tracking George down.

The remainder of the show George can answer the following.  How is he so wise in the ways of science he discovered reverse alchemy, the ability to turn gold into lead.  Mr. Bell handed him a gold mine, and from it Mr. Noory hauls out lead nuggets, often mixed with a$$ nuggets dropped by his homeopathic Gods. 15,000,000 listeners on 500 stations at its peak, and now what?  He may as well be on the Campbell's Soup Network, a tin can in LA connected to tin cans throughout America.  Tonight's show is sponsored by Vegetable Beef.  Infinite Happiness, Beyond Infinite Sodium.    WLS AM 890 in Chicago was Art's home in Chicago.  A truly dedicated listener group supported the show even after Art left, but today the show cannot be heard in Chicago at all.  If you near Peoria and have a 300 foot length wire and can find a 300 foot tree to run it up you can hear Snoory.  How did this happen, George? 

doug

Quote from: rkowna on September 16, 2015, 02:16:31 PM
George Noory He would be the best guest ever. 

Would be great to get George on as the guest for an entire show.  Would love to hear about his love for his home in St. Louis while he chats to Art from Malibu.  That could take ten minutes.  Then we could go until the bottom of the hour asking George what it is like to go in crying to his boss' office to cry about how more people listen to the Somewhere in Time episode than listen to his nonsense all week long, lets put an end to this Art Bell fellow.  Maybe at the bottom of the hour Art could ask for tips on how to make Richard Hoagland feel like a genius, where George could spout out "Let me guess, Richard, they found it at 19.5" "Hey, how bout that.  The number 33 again.  Our Science Expert, Richard Hoagland, has done it again.  Now for you listeners suffering from a foul odor seeping from your anal cavity, I've got the cure for you.  Elderberries....."

Then on to the real questions.  What did you do to John B. Wells?  You scumbag, seriously, what.?  Where will you hide from the thirty mile long "Caravan at Midnight" barreling down the Pacific Coast Highway taking direction from Ed Dames tracking George down.

The remainder of the show George can answer the following.  How is he so wise in the ways of science he discovered reverse alchemy, the ability to turn gold into lead.  Mr. Bell handed him a gold mine, and from it Mr. Noory hauls out lead nuggets, often mixed with a$$ nuggets dropped by his homeopathic Gods. 15,000,000 listeners on 500 stations at its peak, and now what?  He may as well be on the Campbell's Soup Network, a tin can in LA connected to tin cans throughout America.  Tonight's show is sponsored by Vegetable Beef.  Infinite Happiness, Beyond Infinite Sodium.    WLS AM 890 in Chicago was Art's home in Chicago.  A truly dedicated listener group supported the show even after Art left, but today the show cannot be heard in Chicago at all.  If you near Peoria and have a 300 foot length wire and can find a 300 foot tree to run it up you can hear Snoory.  How did this happen, George?

Damn, dude. Haven't you faced the reality that AM is mostly dead?

ProfessorLoco

Hmmmmmm....

AM radio.....

Oh!!

Hilly Rose!!!  George Noory!  Sean Hannity!!

Hmmmmmmm......

Uncle Duke

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 14, 2015, 06:22:25 PM
Heaven's Gate chose a few people to stay behind to spread the word about the cult.  They continue to maintain the Heaven's Gate website even though it hasn't been updated since the "Away Team" took a ride with the aliens.  Apparently they call themsleves the Telah (or TELAH) Foundation.  One of those guys would be an AWESOME interview.

Might be more entertaining to hear Hoagland interview one the Heaven's Gate stay behinds.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 19, 2015, 11:03:38 AM
Might be more entertaining to hear Hoagland interview one the Heaven's Gate stay behinds.

Interesting that was brought up. I once listened to a podcast where they tried it, but it ended up being one of those things where they submitted a list of questions and then they sent back their replies. I don't think Art would be thrilled by something like that. They seem pretty secretive, and I don't think there are that many; I had a feeling that there was only one left but I could be wrong there.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 19, 2015, 11:03:38 AM

If RCH does get an interview, I'll bring the Nike's and chocolate pudding!

Juan Cena

Quote from: chefist on September 20, 2015, 08:55:08 AM
If RCH does get an interview, I'll bring the Nike's and chocolate pudding!

I thought it was poisoned applesauce they ate.

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on September 12, 2015, 12:10:30 AMRepost: IF he is still alive I would like Lyndon LaRouche as a guest. I know, I know. But could be interesting, an interesting history and with all these wild-fires and droughts his (actually not his but made before) ideas of bringing water from northern areas and Canada to other drought areas....and his political stuff (Queen is a drug dealer, wars based on drugs, etc etc etc), Russian issues, and his imprisonment and tax issues. Could be great radio and if he is still alive....for posterity's sake Art should interview.
My 1st exposure to his followers was shortly after they'd just gotten the NCLC (Nat'l Caucus of Labor Committees) going, early 1970s at Columbia U.  The NCLCers are indeed a trip.  If indeed he were interviewed on MITD, I'd like to see his "deluded, crazy, charlatan, or legit" treatment here.

The guy who'd be a natural for MITD (Maybe even as host!) would be George P. Hansen, author of The Trickster and the Paranormal, whom I met thru friends in NJ at the turn of the century.

Robert

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on August 25, 2015, 10:55:21 PMIan Punnett as a Guest.
Much as I liked him as m.c., I'm afraid this would be a waste of 3 hrs.

Robert

Quote from: henge0stone on August 28, 2015, 05:29:49 PMNo, just no. The whole transgender thing is wrong on so many levels, but everyone is too liberal to talk about it. They have books now about 8 year olds who are transgender, eight year olds! At least wait till you hit puberty for god sake.
Do you suppose there's a transgenderism skeptic out there who'd make a good interviewee?