• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thread to report pirate uploads/rebroadcasts

Started by Khameleon808, July 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

These arguments illustrate the very real need for Time Travelers to receive something tangible for their fanatical support.

I want a physical mini Time Traveler badge pin or an Atlantean dolphin call whistle.

(Will also settle for one lock of Crystal Gayle's hair.)

Make it so.

New Art Bell torrent  (Read 10099 times)
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,4430.0.html

Piracy's cool when it's Premiere.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 29, 2015, 05:47:23 AM
These arguments illustrate the very real need for Time Travelers to receive something tangible for their fanatical support.

I want a physical mini Time Traveler badge pin or an Atlantean dolphin call whistle.

(Will also settle for one lock of Crystal Gayle's hair.)

Make it so.

This.

I have that OMNI magazine, best cover ever.

Quote from: malachi.martini on July 29, 2015, 06:44:51 AM
I have that OMNI magazine, best cover ever.

It is difficult to imagine any other magazine on DEC82 - JAN83 newsstands featuring anything as menacingly surreal.

For anyone interested, I like the link below from which to lift my OMNI covers.

When a thumbnail is hit, that issue's articles/contents page is detailed and information on the cover art is provided.

The site has been a valuable research tool:

http://www.omnimagonline.com/

Echo

Quote from: dan7800 on July 28, 2015, 08:36:34 PM
If I remember things properly, one reason why C2C took off is that the show was given away free, and Art made $$$ based on the ads during his portion of the show. Really not an awful business model.

If Art wanted to cash in, I think he would have gone back to terrestrial radio with one of those offers.

Art can give the show away for free, Just make a deal with each affiliate to share commercial slots. I bet CCrane is dying to advertise over priced radios on Art show again.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 29, 2015, 04:25:14 AM
Those six weeks were better than anything else that's on the radio.  The bumper music will never be on the archive as Art has explained they would have to charge $50 for this. I really don't see the big deal about paying $5 to support the show.
I made 5 bucks in the time it took to read your post, so it is a fair point.  But last time I checked, Art is pretty damn comfortable, too.  I'll let the fanboys and rubes jump on the Art Bell charity band wagon, and tip my bartender an extra five bucks - he has proven to be much, much more reliable than Mr. Bell.  IF Art stays serious (get it?) about the show, I might change my mind and toss him a few bucks sometime down the road.

lonevoice

Quote from: wr250 on July 28, 2015, 06:49:00 AM
some people aint happy unless they are bitching trolling about something...

FIFY

ksm32

I'm a TT, but I dislike downloading the show from artbell.com because it is in three parts. I do understand that perhaps?  It has to be that way.. or not.

Because I'm a TT paying my $5.00 per month, my conscious is clear getting the shows as one three hour show file elsewhere using another option :)

Echo

Quote from: ksm32 on July 30, 2015, 02:20:11 AM
I'm a TT, but I dislike downloading the show from artbell.com because it is in three parts. I do understand that perhaps?  It has to be that way.. or not.

Because I'm a TT paying my $5.00 per month, my conscious is clear getting the shows as one three hour show file elsewhere using another option :)

It's like second nature for people to download torrents.  Don't forget sharing is caring.  ;)

ksm32

Quote from: Echo on July 30, 2015, 08:43:04 PM
It's like second nature for people to download torrents.  Don't forget sharing is caring.  ;)

Yeah, sharing is nice. However, this is not a pizza and you are no doubt a big fat person. I don't seed, I just grab what I pay for (at artbell.com) and get out.

But as I said I pay my portion to support the big guy in the high desert.  It's only FIVE!!!! dollars, and it's good stuff.

BTW     I'm just kidding about the fat thing.

henge0stone

My philosophy when it comes to pirating is if the product is not available for purchase than its fine.  If premier made Art's old shows downloadable than I would pay for them, but I want to own the mp3s to have not just to listen to the show on their crappy player. They also don't have a single Dreamland show on there so I don't feel bad about downloading them. Art also doesn't own the shows anyway so it really doesn't make a difference to him (he even said this). When it comes to MITD 5 dollars is perfectly reasonable. 

dan7800

If we find files online, should we post links to them here?

I found a few of RCH's show on file share sites. I am not sure where to report them.

(I already "reported" them on the fileshare sites. The files are still there.)

dan7800

Quote from: henge0stone on August 03, 2015, 03:20:03 PM
My philosophy when it comes to pirating is if the product is not available for purchase than its fine.  If premier made Art's old shows downloadable than I would pay for them, but I want to own the mp3s to have not just to listen to the show on their crappy player. They also don't have a single Dreamland show on there so I don't feel bad about downloading them. Art also doesn't own the shows anyway so it really doesn't make a difference to him (he even said this). When it comes to MITD 5 dollars is perfectly reasonable.

I am a TT, and $5 is an EXCELLENT value for the product Art puts out. However, I wonder how much of the $5 actually makes it into Art's pocket. By the time you pay for streaming and the music, I wonder (IE for every dollar that Art gets in subscription fees, maybe he has to turn around and give 90 cents for music.)

I don't pay for much, but you cannot get much for 5 bucks these days, but what Art does is WELL worth it.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 06:37:13 AM
Look Art seems happy with the show, his fans are happy, pretty much everyone is happy. Yet ,certain people want to bitch about everything. I am just thankful art is back, happy and doing a great show.

Quote from: wr250 on July 28, 2015, 06:49:00 AM
some people aint happy unless they are bitching or trolling about something...

So kids let me help you.... We're all happy as a new kittens purring that Art is back... But it would get pretty darn boring around these parts, if all we talked about is how happy we are that Art is back and Art is the the greatest ever to grace radio broadcasting.

Embrace controversy and conflict, even when it's in the form of bitching or trolling, it all adds to topics that ultimately bring attention to Art....

For example, I don't give a rats behind if Keith offers credit card payment subscriptions, I offered to help, he didn't take the offer, no big deal to me, but bitching and trolling about it, added a few forum pages on an otherwise very slow day in Art's thread. Results, keeps Art's thread interesting to read. And that's what's important.

Topics can be anything, except falling all over ourselves telling each other that we're happy Art is back and Art is the greatest. That's what kills heavy handed moderated forums, they become boring because the posters that understand the importance of conflict and controversy are banned or driven off.  MV gets it! Just don't troll him or his vile pack of cliquish yes men or you'll be banished to the cornfield  :-* damn MV to hell, damn you all to hell sumofbitches.

Echo

If you have ever pirated Premier C2CAM content (old Art Bell shows) or listened to illegal streams of that content, you have no right to complain about anyone doing it to MiTD. 

Art could bring in revenue from views on youtube but he chooses not do that which makes people turn to torrents. The music industry content is on youtube which brings in them revenue every single day from views. Do we see them going under.

tantra

echo that ..

Anyone in today's times who's still ferociously against P2P, bitTorrent (or any other similar media sharing technology); is out of touch with current statistics which only prove that those systems aid in promotion and marketing -- further increasing the bottom line.