• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thread to report pirate uploads/rebroadcasts

Started by Khameleon808, July 26, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 04:11:45 AM
I said he's been riding the coat tails of Art and I don't think he deserves any money.

Rowland and Art have had a thing going on for over two decades.

Look, I'm not going to call you out as an idiot over this one--there's archives for that--but I wanna know right now how it is that you can claim with your bald face hanging out that "Keith Rowland doesn't deserve any money."

That's your opinion? Fine. Back it up, dipshit, right now, with some serious persausion, or you and I are never gonna go bigfootin'.

You don't know jack or shit about the deal that Art and Keith have going on, and I'm reminding you of this fact because you're looking even less clever than usual.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on July 28, 2015, 04:16:40 AM
Rowland and Art have had a thing going on for over two decades.

Look, I'm not going to call you out as an idiot over this one--there's archives for that--but I wanna know right now how it is that you can claim with your bald face hanging out that "Keith Rowland doesn't deserve any money."

That's your opinion? Fine. Back it up, dipshit, right now, with some serious persausion, or you and I are never gonna go bigfootin'.

You don't know jack or shit about the deal that Art and Keith have going on, and I'm reminding you of this fact because you're looking even less clever than usual.

I 100% admit I don't know the "deal" that Art and Keith currently have.  All I can see from my end is that Keith's "work" product sucks and yes, for what he does he could be replaced for less than minimum wage.   I'll leave that up to you to figure out what I'm saying in that regard - it doesn't take a rocket scientist.     As for Art & Keith being together for more than 20 years, that isn't true.   Art dumped Keith because he was fed up with him, do a search here if you don't believe me or weren't paying attention.. maybe it happened during your "break" from bellgab.   Some how, some way Art forgave him and foolishly brought him back.   I'm not the only person on this board to say this was a mistake.     Also, I don't think Keith was doing any work for Art for years even when Art was at Premier..  I could be wrong there, but at some point, I think around the time Keith released that archive CD, things were off between at least the show and Keith.   

You want an example of how great of a webmaster Keith is besides DMRN and ArtBell.com?  Go visit that mess of a website he does for EnterpriseMission.com, and that's actually a slight improvement over what it used to be.

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 04:11:45 AM
I said he's been riding the coat tails of Art and I don't think he deserves any money.  Big difference between saying he's getting rich.    Someone else posted that they're pulling in $25k/mo, maybe you had me confused with that person.    I don't give a shit if Keith runs DMDN from the can because he can't figure out how to automate things or figure out how to make it run more smoothly.   I'm not going to post here telling him how to do his "job" or make suggestions on how he could do it better.   I've already given enough information to Art to improve his business which indirectly, and unfortunately, benefits KR.     

You can call me stupid if you want, but the fact remains that you completely made an ass out of yourself by calling in to the gabcast and screaming at Noory for no reason.   It's one thing to make an argument and swear during the course of it, but you didn't even bother you just went off on the man.   There are a lot of people here who agree with exactly what I'm saying in regards to both Art and Keith but they aren't speaking up for fear of getting attacked by the likes of you.   I don't give a shit and you can make your baseless, worthless comments at me all you want.

So cursing out Noory is unforgivable but asking Falkie's Kathy inappropriate questions like what she shoves up her vagina, is OK? Right, sounds like you are a hypocrite. The very thing you were accusing "pirates" of being.

DMDN is growing and Art does not need your advice on improve his business from someone who thinks they know everything because they googled a few things. Without Keith there would be no DMDN.

It is obvious Drone is just looking to stir the pot, which is what he liked to do. In this thread he has brought up Redacted, Cursing out Noory, and  Keith should be dumped.

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 04:25:56 AM
I 100% admit I don't know the "deal"

I accept your apology and I forgive you for letting your cat roll around on your keyboard.

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 04:30:06 AM
So cursing out Noory is unforgivable but asking Falkie's Kathy inappropriate questions like what she shoves up her vagina, is OK? Right, sounds like you are a hypocrite. The very thing you were accusing "pirates" of being.

DMDN is growing and Art does not need your advice on improve his business from someone who thinks they know everything because they googled a few things. Without Keith there would be no DMDN.

It is obvious Drone is just looking to stir the pot, which is what he liked to do. In this thread he has brought up Redacted, Cursing out Noory, and  Keith should be dumped.

LOL, you are the one stirring the pot here, but anyone in their right mind can see that.    Redacted responded to my stuff, I responded to hers.   You are the one who attacked me over Keith, I only went after you after you attacked me.    And yes, Keith should be dumped.

And you're wrong, Art needs advice now more than ever.   Maybe not from me, but he needs to go to people who have done this before and do it the right way.   Perhaps he's doing that, but it sure doesn't seem that way.   Good for him if it's succeeding, but I think Art has a HUGE ego and wouldn't be happy unless he was on top of the world.   You really think KR is going to make that happen for him?   You've been asking me why I think KR sucks.  I want to hear from you why KR is so wonderful and great.     Sitting there at the "studio" for hours on end makes you a good grunt, but it doesn't make you a great Chief Technical Officer.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on July 28, 2015, 04:32:32 AM
I accept your apology and I forgive you for letting your cat roll around on your keyboard.

I don't care what you say about me Jackstar, I still enjoy your banter and would love to go bigfooting with you!

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 04:30:06 AM

If you want to discuss Falkie, take it to the Falkie thread.   Again, I'll let my record speak for itself and we'll let your record speak for you.   This has no bearing on the conversation other than you were the one who went after me for bad mouthing KR so I threw it back in your face.   

Frankly, I'm done with the conversation about KR.  If you and Jackstar are both highly impressed with him, great, lick his butthole all you want.

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 04:49:30 AM
....so I threw it back in your face.   ....

LOL, you are the one stirring the pot here, but anyone in their right mind can see that.    Redacted responded to my stuff, I responded to hers.   You are the one who attacked me over Keith, I only went after you after you attacked me.    And yes, Keith should be dumped.

And you're wrong, Art needs advice now more than ever.   Maybe not from me, but he needs to go to people who have done this before and do it the right way.   Perhaps he's doing that, but it sure doesn't seem that way.   Good for him if it's succeeding, but I think Art has a HUGE ego and wouldn't be happy unless he was on top of the world.   You really think KR is going to make that happen for him?   You've been asking me why I think KR sucks.  I want to hear from you why KR is so wonderful and great.     Sitting there at the "studio" for hours on end makes you a good grunt, but it doesn't make you a great Chief Technical Officer.

Keith built DMDN from nothing. All for you to bitch and moan about him. Without it there would be no platform for Art to even return to. The show seems to be gaining traction and is headed in the right direction. The only thing you threw was an egg and it flew back and hit you in the face. There is no reason to attack Keith, other than trying to stir the pot.

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 05:09:56 AM
The show seems to be gaining traction and is headed in the right direction.

That is all 100% Art Bell and Art's fan base.  If you want to congratulate anyone for that, congratulate Art himself and the bellgabbers who were involved in promoting the shit out of the show.

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 05:17:36 AM
That is all 100% Art Bell and Art's fan base.  If you want to congratulate anyone for that, congratulate Art himself and the bellgabbers who were involved in promoting the shit out of the show.

Ask Art. I am sure he will tell you Keith played a big role. There would probably not even be a show without Keith. When Keith quit (he wasn't fired FYI). Art himself said he didn't see a way forward.

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 04:50:36 AM
I don't care what you say about me Jackstar, I still enjoy your banter and would love to go bigfooting with you!

Okay. Did you want to make it out? Because at this point I question your ability to follow a straight line.

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 04:58:48 AM
and Jackstar are both highly impressed with him

I never said that. Have you read the 25 Rules of Disinformation? Because you're about to.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on July 28, 2015, 05:20:30 AM
Okay. Did you want to make it out? Because at this point I question your ability to follow a straight line.

Touche.  Too bad you aren't always this clever.

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 05:20:22 AM
Ask Art. I am sure he will tell you Keith played a big role. There would probably not even be a show without Keith. When Keith quit (he wasn't fired FYI). Art himself said he didn't see a way forward.

You're right, you're right.   Keith is a techno-god and we should all worship him and his amazing abilities. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 05:29:58 AM
You're right, you're right.   Keith is a techno-god and we should all worship him and his amazing abilities.

Can't decide if you're sarcastic, cynical of the sycophants or both...

Let me ponder that please.

Look Art seems happy with the show, his fans are happy, pretty much everyone is happy. Yet ,certain people want to bitch about everything. I am just thankful art is back, happy and doing a great show.

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 06:37:13 AM
Look Art seems happy with the show, his fans are happy, pretty much everyone is happy. Yet ,certain people want to bitch about everything. I am just thankful art is back, happy and doing a great show.

some people aint happy unless they are bitching about something...

BellBoy

Quote from: area51drone on July 28, 2015, 05:29:58 AM

paladin1991

Can anybody tell me where I can get info on reporting pirate uploads/broadcasts?  Thought it was around here somewhere....

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 28, 2015, 09:22:29 AM
Can anybody tell me where I can get info on reporting pirate uploads/broadcasts?  Thought it was around here somewhere....

I believe it's this: producer@artbell.com

BellBoy

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 28, 2015, 09:22:29 AM

You might try the Re: Art Bell thread... oh wait, that is apparently now the official Theists Vs. Atheists debate thread. Hmmmmmm, I know I saw that information laying around somewhere....

Echo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 02:34:15 AM
Because the continuation of MITD is dependent on subscribers. That should be reason enough.

Who's fault is that. Who signs up all these Affiliates and doesn't ask for right to part of the commercial slots during the show. That would be guaranteed revenue source to keep this show going, unlike funding it off subscribers only.

1. Sell commercial slots (as the show gains affiliates, you can charge advertisers more)
2. Monetize the show on youtube (FREE money)
3. Add a few ads on the website for extra revenue
4. Allow fans to share download links of past shows freely, that would help promote the show and give back to Art Bell fan base

MiTD should have no problems running things like that.   

I am getting the new shows from BitTorrent.  I ponied up my hard earned ducats last time around, and got six lousy weeks of shows.  If Art makes it to 12 months this time, and adds the bumper music to the archive, I'll subscribe then.   

Murder101

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2015, 01:42:58 AM
+1    I was shocked when Redacted said she and others from bellgab were going to go out and be Art's army against piracy, and even more shocked to hear former pirate himself Art say he was going to have the producer actively try to take stuff down.  This seems like such a waste of time and such hypocrisy considering she probably gladly stole premier's shows for years and never felt  one bit of guilt over it.    Even if she didn't, the VAST majority of us here have been.   I support Art and he can do what he wants, but I think he is better off letting piracy go rampant and offering value adds as albrecht suggested.   How about 1 on 1 chats every month like that other program - but god forbid you copy C2C's ideas though, right?   How about  releasing week or month-old programs to youtube yourself so that you build a big subscriber base on youtube and add ads to the channel so it is another revenue stream?   Promote the hell out of being a time traveler on the youtube slots.    How about creating the After Dark newsletter again in digital form, and releasing that for subscribers?   Throw last night's shows up on itunes for downloading at a buck a piece as another revenue stream and so being a subscriber looks like a great deal and offers a non-piracy option for those who missed the show last night.    I'm sure there are a million other ideas people can come up with that are better than trying to stop something that the RIAA with its millions could never do.

Another point - I know $5 isn't that much now a days.  But in this day and age, people are cord cutting like crazy - and when they see entertainment like Netflix available for $8/mo that you get to download a myriad of shows with 10,000x the bandwidth of what a month's worth of Art Bell programs are, subscriptions to Art Bell seem like only a die hard fan option.  If I were Art, I think I would offer a yearly subscription for $20 so that you're deeply undercutting that other show and making them look like a bunch of butt fuckers.   When people have and hear about the option of buying their paranormal talk at a discounted rate for a much better show, they will probably drop their C2C subs and join in with Art.    Assuming Art is reading this - as good as you are, Art, you are still fighting a battle against a huge amount of other entertainment options which are becoming increasingly cheap or free.    Don't make the mistake of putting people off by paying for your program.   There are some podcasts out there that make millions in ad revenue that charge nothing for the podcast at all.
There is a format that a Wrestling show does that I like. They only offer so many shows for free at once and when a new one comes out the oldest free one goes into the archive. So lets say the past week is always free, that means there would perpetually be 5 free shows on iTunes or whatever and each day when the newest ep goes up it'd bump the first one into the archives that only subscribers can get to. Thing is I think the backlog would have to be bigger than it is right now to get people into that.

dan7800

Quote from: Echo on July 28, 2015, 05:35:24 PM
Who's fault is that. Who signs up all these Affiliates and doesn't ask for right to part of the commercial slots during the show. That would be guaranteed revenue source to keep this show going, unlike funding it off subscribers only.

1. Sell commercial slots (as the show gains affiliates, you can charge advertisers more)
2. Monetize the show on youtube (FREE money)
3. Add a few ads on the website for extra revenue
4. Allow fans to share download links of past shows freely, that would help promote the show and give back to Art Bell fan base

MiTD should have no problems running things like that.

If I remember things properly, one reason why C2C took off is that the show was given away free, and Art made $$$ based on the ads during his portion of the show. Really not an awful business model.

If Art wanted to cash in, I think he would have gone back to terrestrial radio with one of those offers.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 28, 2015, 07:40:44 PM
I am getting the new shows from BitTorrent.  I ponied up my hard earned ducats last time around, and got six lousy weeks of shows.  If Art makes it to 12 months this time, and adds the bumper music to the archive, I'll subscribe then.

Those six weeks were better than anything else that's on the radio.  The bumper music will never be on the archive as Art has explained they would have to charge $50 for this. I really don't see the big deal about paying $5 to support the show.

Heather Wade

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 28, 2015, 06:37:13 AM

Yes.