• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thoughts And Pics From The Road

Started by aldousburbank, November 25, 2013, 07:54:35 PM

aldousburbank

Boarded a train to one of my favorite Southwestern desert spots, specifically, the middle of nowhere. I wanted to revisit a portal I once found when I was a young hippie kid. I found it. I walked through.

[attachimg=1]

aldousburbank

Entering cautiously, I was infused with the awareness of what my real problem is.

I am a dick.

[attachimg=1]

With a heart of stone.

[attachimg=2]

Or is it the other way around?  This I sat and wondered.

aldousburbank

I decided I should get stoned.

[attachimg=1]

So I did.

[attachimg=2]

aldousburbank

But perhaps a little too much. Fortunately, help arrived.

[attachimg=1]

Also fortunately, there are hot waters flowing out of the dry desert floor. Please, leave me here for several days I begged the crazy people who rescued me from the dreaded portal of self awareness. This is a place where when the coyotes howl and the nights are freezing and the desert is a dry cold bone, sitting in steamy hot waters watching the moon, cleanses the soul.

[attachimg=2]

How many days and nights of this can I handle?

aldousburbank

So I situated a temporary Burbank Compound next to the steamy healing waters.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

aldousburbank

I had a few friends over who know how to have a good time.

[attachimg=1]

Enjoying the sunsets.

[attachimg=2]

midnight

Since the Art Bell Fiasco I have been scouring this message board for some digestible material.  I have found it--food!

aldousburbank

And so now, here I be, pondering life's big questions, like, where do I go next?

[attachimg=1]

FallenSeraph

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 05, 2014, 12:08:04 PM
And so now, here I be, pondering life's big questions, like, where do I go next?

[attachimg=1]

**claps**

Are you in Sedona?  :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 05, 2014, 12:53:40 PM
Are you in Sedona?  :)
No mam. Although born near there, Sedona only wishes I would visit heh. Too cold for this dude this time of year. No, I am abiding, until I hear my train whistle blow, at an old family haunt of my childhoodz, in the secret undisclosed location wild west billy the kid zone of Southern New Mexico. My daddy was born here, my familyz nearby, I sometimes find myself here in dreams. When you're hiking in the Chihuahuan Desert listening to Nuge's Stranglehold and you stop under a mesquite for a smoke, and you post to CoastGab, are you weird or not?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 05, 2014, 01:08:28 PM
When you're hiking in the Chihuahuan Desert listening to Nuge's Stranglehold and you stop under a mesquite for a smoke, and you post to CoastGab, are you weird or not?

Nope - not in my book.  ;)

aldousburbank

These pics brought to you by the letter See.

I saw a shadow person. He was nice.

[attachimg=1]

Hiking further along, I met this cat who proceeded to bum a smoke off me.

[attachimg=2]

Fucking hippies.

aldousburbank

Shot this while listening to U2's In God's Country.

[attachimg=1]

Mexican Escalator.

[attachimg=2]

maureen

making heaven in the desert- or wherever!! lovely!! ;D

jazmunda

Great shots aldous. I hope your travels don't impede you from contributing to The GabCast tomorrow night.

These guys have a longer wait than us for Art.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on January 05, 2014, 03:56:09 PM
Great shots aldous. I hope your travels don't impede you from contributing to The GabCast tomorrow night.
Shyeh, tomorrow I have a fork in my road;
If by train, I will call. If I overcome my dislike of the state of air travel, I will be on final approach at the appointed time, so unless you guys lose track of time and run late... Although it would be interesting to try to call in from 36,000 ft via plane wifi/skype.

Falkie2013

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 05, 2014, 10:55:30 AM
Entering cautiously, I was infused with the awareness of what my real problem is.

I am a dick.

[attachimg=1]

With a heart of stone.

[attachimg=2]

Or is it the other way around?  This I sat and wondered.

Given that all of you on gabcast are sitting around with your junk hanging out that picture should be on the site as the official dick picture of gabcast. Does that thing look like it has eyes ?

aldousburbank

Tucson, AZ

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

aldousburbank

Everywhere I go in Tucson, I run into old friends. It's a trippy place. [attachimg=1]

jazmunda

When I was a kid and would read the word Tucson I would always read it in my head as Tuckson. Luckily I learnt the proper pronounciation before I ever said the name aloud to anyone.

ziznak

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 03:12:18 PM
When I was a kid and would read the word Tucson I would always read it in my head as Tuckson. Luckily I learnt the proper pronounciation before I ever said the name aloud to anyone.
haha me too.  and nice pics AB glad you made this thread.

HorrorRetro

During my 2-month visit in Virginia, I took over 10 gigs of photos, mostly of baby Olivia. I managed a few road trips to Roanoke Island and the Outer Banks of NC as well as Yorktown, Virginia.

I took this in Yorktown:

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 06, 2014, 01:56:28 PM
Everywhere I go in Tucson, I run into old friends. It's a trippy place. [attachimg=1]
Another great pic