• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rush Limbaugh - "Uhhs" and "Uuuhhhmmms"

Started by Ruteger, October 27, 2018, 12:27:55 PM

Ruteger

Anyone listen to Limbaugh notice his *constant* use of "Uhhhs" and "Uuuhhmms"?

He's being on the radio for over 30 years yet sounds like he's been on only 3 months.

Not sure if it's age, dementia or whatever, but it's very annoying. Has he always done this?

WeinerInHand

He's mostly deaf so I am not sure that he is aware of how audible the noises are.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Ruteger on October 27, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
Anyone listen to Limbaugh notice his *constant* use of "Uhhhs" and "Uuuhhmms"?

He's being on the radio for over 30 years yet sounds like he's been on only 3 months.

Not sure if it's age, dementia or whatever, but it's very annoying. Has he always done this?

I've noticed it, it's quite distracting.

Father Jack

Yes, but it pales in comparison to Clyde Lewis's "Y'know"s. I've stopped listening to him because of this. I've heard him say "Y'know" as many as 3 or 4 times in one sentence.

Ruteger

I stopped listening to Limbaugh (AM radio in general) - not just because of the insane amount of commercials, but his CONSTANT "uuuhhhhss". He really has nothing new to say. Same old.

Quote from: username on October 27, 2018, 03:09:34 PM

I've noticed it, it's quite distracting.

Dr. MD MD

I think he’s the best he’s ever been.  :)

Gd5150

He has a great sense of humor and his demokkkrat media analasys is the best in the business. It’s fun watching the left act like the little brainless pawns that they are as we all sit back and laugh. Simple minded and predictable. And now with Trump they’ve gotten more pathetic. Hence the overwhelming effectiveness of the NPC movement.

As for his uhhhs it’s probably because he has to read everything that’s said to him because he can’t  hear.

Limbaugh changed everything.. Before him there was 1 conservative in media, George Will. And he was 1 of 4 commentators on 1 Sunday morning talk show. This Week with David Brinkley.

Because of Limbaugh we have AM talk radio. Fox News. Conservative media.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Father Jack on October 27, 2018, 06:28:53 PM
Yes, but it pales in comparison to Clyde Lewis's "Y'know"s. I've stopped listening to him because of this. I've heard him say "Y'know" as many as 3 or 4 times in one sentence.

Clyde looked like he was going to die a few years ago, saw him at a Wal Mart. He was in one of those motorized carts. Fat people need to walk, it's for your health fatties. Clyde's ya know, and he repeats a lot of what he says. With that said, he's not an awful host by any means.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Ruteger on October 28, 2018, 02:13:40 PM
I stopped listening to Limbaugh (AM radio in general) - not just because of the insane amount of commercials, but his CONSTANT "uuuhhhhss". He really has nothing new to say. Same old.

His best days are behind him, he's still able to be entertaining at times though.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2018, 02:15:04 PM
I think he’s the best he’s ever been.  :)
Ditto.  ;)  Try listening to this clown.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2018, 03:11:07 PM
She’s at least cute.  ;)

Sure, but I don't listen to shows because of what a person looks like. Women make terrible show hosts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on October 28, 2018, 03:16:38 PM
Sure, but I don't listen to shows because of what a person looks like. Women make terrible show hosts.

I liked Mae Brussell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnvC_gtmFHs

ItsOver

Quote from: username on October 28, 2018, 03:08:57 PM
I raise you, this tired twat.

"Here we have Connie, as she tracks the elusive Cannabis indica..."

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on October 28, 2018, 03:28:59 PM
"Here we have Connie, as she tracks the elusive Cannabis indica..."

I seriously don't get that photo, she must have dropped her nuggs near a tree.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on October 28, 2018, 03:23:53 PM
The women who are some what good at radio, get into tv & film.

Not her. She just died of cancer after investigating the Satanic scare in the 80s. Weird huh?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
Not her. She just died of cancer after investigating the Satanic scare in the 80s. Weird huh?

I wasn't referring to her specifically, but I agree it's a bit weird.

Gd5150

It’s sad if Al Franken had just stuck to comedy and radio he might not be a world wide laughing stock.

Metron2267

Quote from: username on October 28, 2018, 03:16:38 PM

Not at all - ever listen to Laura Lee back in the day?

Barbara Simpson?

etc...