• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spaceflight Thread

Started by Hog, October 26, 2017, 06:07:02 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 07, 2018, 03:13:05 PM
I take it you're on board now that Alex explained it to you

On board?! You really are pretty stupid aren't you? Just what is it you engineer? I want to be sure to avoid it. :D

Lord Grantham

You speak so much but you say so little.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 07, 2018, 03:44:31 PM
You speak so much but you say so little.

You're a moron who must convert all thoughts into political ideology before you can decide if it's true or not. I'm glad you're only an engineer because you'd be an embarassment to science. ::)

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
You're a moron who must convert all thoughts into political ideology before you can decide if it's true or not. I'm glad you're only an engineer because you'd be an embarassment to science. ::)

What the hell does this have to do with a car getting launched into a solar orbit? What politics are being discussed here? What truth have I denied?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 07, 2018, 03:52:02 PM
What the hell does this have to do with a car getting launched into a solar orbit? What politics are being discussed here? What truth have I denied?

I haven't the foggiest. You started this stupid conversation by asking if I was "on board" now that AJ had a vid on it, like it's a team sport or something. That's on you. ::)

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 03:55:42 PM
I haven't the foggiest. You started this stupid conversation by asking if I was "on board" now that AJ had a vid on it, like it's a team sport or something. That's on you. ::)

So you don't remember calling it "silly" yesterday? Yet today you post a video with Alex Jones calling it really cool (2:45 "Stuff like this is what it's all about. I love Elon Musk"). I totally agree with Alex on this, though I might tone down the bit about loving Elon. He's alright but the working conditions in his companies are a bit shit from what I hear from other engineers.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 07, 2018, 04:11:48 PM
So you don't remember calling it "silly" yesterday? Yet today you post a video with Alex Jones calling it really cool (2:45 "Stuff like this is what it's all about. I love Elon Musk"). I totally agree with Alex on this, though I might tone down the bit about loving Elon. He's alright but the working conditions in his companies are a bit shit from what I hear from other engineers.

Ooops! I almost posted this in the wrong thread. :o

Anyway, I admitted in my original post that I'm a huge fan of Heavy Metal, both the movie and the magazine. So, I think it looks cool! However, I still think if they're serious about manned missions to Mars one day they really should've sent something more practical. AJ sees it as a symbolisim of what's possible. Meh...I suppose. Even if they had sent it in some sort of enclosure so that it survives reentry at least someone would've been able to use it once we arrive there...but hey, it looked cool!  8)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 03:15:59 PM
On board?! You really are pretty stupid aren't you? Just what is it you engineer? I want to be sure to avoid it. :D

I wouldn't want to be with in a 1,000 yards of anything that dude engineered.  He probably thinks there is beer in heaven    :P

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 07, 2018, 06:33:29 PM
I wouldn't want to be with in a 1,000 yards of anything that dude engineered.  He probably thinks there is beer in heaven    :P
Ben Franklin to André Morellet in 1779:
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 07, 2018, 06:38:53 PM
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

"That's true!"

Dr. MD MD

Simple question: Why no stars? I'm sure the cam they're using is HD. The brightness of the moon's surface couldn't be occluding them. So, why no stars? ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 11:37:29 PM
Simple question: Why no stars? I'm sure the cam they're using is HD. The brightness of the moon's surface couldn't be occluding them. So, why no stars? ???

The albedo from the earth coupled with the reflections of the sunlight off the car.  If the camera was pointed away from he earth and the sun you catch a glimpse of a bright object or two.  Don’t know if those were stars or planets. Go outside some night and try and take a picture of the stars. Without a long exposure you can’t capture them with camera even though your eyes can see them.

'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Seeing no space phenomena in any of mr'Muskie's public cameos,feeds,etc.
Sure am i that he's an fake,his new enterprises all are "Ponzi"schemes.
No rocket stuff is real,it's all cgi/green screen a la Disney..
Newish psycho corp:
"(Horizontal)Boreing Co. was stolen from stocks issued by an 19th c.'ahem,Kat-house'.
Musky is an fraud.
He may be another audio-animatronic puppet,or an clone.
He's supposedly marketing stuff like cheep flame throwers and rakeing in dough for an system of vacuum-tube subways.
It(boreing machine)was invented in the FIFTIES and used in the MX/Star Wars P.R.By "Ronnie Ray-Gun".
US military built secret under-ground tubes in bases during Eisenhouer cold war.
Musk is an recycler of other people's genius and an plagarist.
Any qvestions,churls?
"B_B"
PS:No Logo!
"][ 7VF ]["

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 07, 2018, 11:57:03 PM
The albedo from the earth coupled with the reflections of the sunlight off the car.  If the camera was pointed away from he earth and the sun you catch a glimpse of a bright object or two.  Don’t know if those were stars or planets. Go outside some night and try and take a picture of the stars. Without a long exposure you can’t capture them with camera even though your eyes can see them.

I'm not sure for how much longer they're going to keep buying that one. You'd think there would by now be a camera set to specifically show us the stars just to prove it's not BS...but no. :(

albrecht

Some questions:
1) why so round? The earth isn't (I'm assuming no flat/hollow etc conspiracy here  ;) ) but why pics so round? Assuming the atmosphere gets "lighter," to use a science term, there should still be differences/variences with various gases, incoming objects, etc that would be interfered with by gravity, penetration, etc? But the pics look like a perfect sphere on the "space level" view? in most photos. To sell posters for co-eds?
2) what about the "half-life" the coach used to tell me about in science class about nukes and the Commies? You can't divide into "half" forever? Or can you? Zeno paradox stuff that brainiacs, supposedly "solved?" I guess "quantum?" Logically unsound (how you half divide into nothing?), but, I guess that is the point, of that "fuzzy logic"or "quantum" stuff-at that point aren't you reducing to a new ager? Akaskic Records now?
;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 12:17:34 AM
Some questions:
1) why so round? The earth isn't (I'm assuming no flat/hollow etc conspiracy here  ;) ) but why pics so round? Assuming the atmosphere gets "lighter," to use a science term, there should still be differences/variences with various gases, incoming objects, etc that would be interfered with by gravity, penetration, etc? But the pics look like a perfect sphere on the "space level" view? in most photos. To sell posters for co-eds?
2) what about the "half-life" the coach used to tell me about in science class about nukes and the Commies? You can't divide into "half" forever? Or can you? Zeno paradox stuff that brainiacs, supposedly "solved?" I guess "quantum?" Logically unsound (how you half divide into nothing?), but, I guess that is the point, of that "fuzzy logic"or "quantum" stuff-at that point aren't you reducing to a new ager? Akaskic Records now?
;)

Yeah, and I never really see any cloud formations moving either.

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on February 07, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

He was drunk at the time

TigerLily

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on February 08, 2018, 12:02:11 AM
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Seeing no space phenomena in any of mr'Muskie's public cameos,feeds,etc.
Sure am i that he's an fake,his new enterprises all are "Ponzi"schemes.
No rocket stuff is real,it's all cgi/green screen a la Disney..
Newish psycho corp:
"(Horizontal)Boreing Co. was stolen from stocks issued by an 19th c.'ahem,Kat-house'.
Musky is an fraud.
He may be another audio-animatronic puppet,or an clone.
He's supposedly marketing stuff like cheep flame throwers and rakeing in dough for an system of vacuum-tube subways.
It(boreing machine)was invented in the FIFTIES and used in the MX/Star Wars P.R.By "Ronnie Ray-Gun".
US military built secret under-ground tubes in bases during Eisenhouer cold war.
Musk is an recycler of other people's genius and an plagarist.
Any qvestions,churls?
"B_B"
PS:No Logo!
"][ 7VF ]["

Take care how you disparage the unique intelligence of my fiancé or you may encounter the semi-wrath of TigerLily

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 12:33:01 AM
He was drunk at the time
I suspect also at the kite and key also time! Amazing how he liked to get up early, considering. Though I could see why he would want to lurk at Kappa and Thetas party...

Gd5150

Yeah basically in order to get the proper exposure of the sunlit Earth, you have to shoot an exposure that is way to fast to capture any stars. Back before digital, before cameras had auto exposure there was something called the “sunny 16 rule”. It’s actually printed inside every film box. And it’s how you set proper exposure with no light meter. Basically it goes: on a sunny day, with the aperture set at f/16, the shutter speed is the inverse of whatever ISO/ASA film speed you’re using. So with ISO 400 speed film, at f/16, you’d shoot with a shutter speed of 1/400th of a second. To capture stars with ISO 400 film at f/16, you’d need to shoot an exposure that lasted 20-30 seconds. If you shot that exposure of the sunlit earth it would be totally over exposed.

It’s same reason you don’t see stars in properly exposed photos of the moon. If you do, the photo is photoshopped.

The best is when the photo is passed off as legit, is clearly not, and is not even astronomically correct. Lmao!

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 12:41:01 AM
I suspect also at the kite and key also time! Amazing how he liked to get up early, considering. Though I could see why he would want to lurk at Kappa and Thetas party...

Definitely. Sober people don't go out in a lightning storm looking to be electrocuted, unless they are named Franklin ... or Frankenstein

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 12:43:43 AM
Definitely. Sober people don't go out in a lightning storm looking to be electrocuted, unless they are named Franklin ... or Frankenstein
Considering the rumors, and generally about guys,  I'm thinking he was hitting on the sorority chicks for that deal. I don't know the time-line but guessing....

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 12:47:14 AM
Considering the rumors, and generally about guys,  I'm thinking he was hitting on the sorority chicks for that deal. I don't know the time-line but guessing....

"Hey, girlie. Wanna get lit?"

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 12:50:19 AM
"Hey, girlie. Wanna get lit?"
The sad fact while he was kiteing up the key and string his other friends just spiked some punch and got the ladies so he went off to France in a huff to waylay them the to using his prose and government office. Pledge brothers gave him a lot of shit for it, in good fun, of course.

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 12:38:42 AM
Take care how you disparage the unique intelligence of my fiancé or you may encounter the semi-wrath of TigerLily

When you guys get married, and retire to your solar-powered floating city, remember to reserve a small tree for me in the bio-dome gardens.  I'm small and won't add much weight.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 11:37:29 PM

CGI as fuck