• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150720 - Art Bell's Official Return - Graham Hancock

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 20, 2015, 11:36:43 AM

albrecht

that first call with Rose was awesome. Took one caller to beat callers for years on the other show. So into it. I loved how she thought she was talking with a screener. hahaha

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: shadesofjoe on July 20, 2015, 10:29:44 PM
Man. If this is any indication of the calls Art is going to get on the show, then everything is going to be just fine.

No shit, that was a great call. Between that and the calls last night, I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding the quality of the calls.

As long as Eye of the Tiger is playing, I hope Art runs around the room and punches a picture of dave.

phrodo

Quote from: raistlin on July 20, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
Did anyone else hear someone say "Let me try disconnecting and reconnecting to see if we can get him back folks."?

No - it's been solid here since that first extended drop out. LOVE that lady Rose. Too funny... and totally loveable.

Never2Late

Eye of the Tiger sounded frickin awesome :D

lyrics fits perfect.  nice, Art. 

phku

Quote from: shadesofjoe on July 20, 2015, 10:29:44 PM
Man. If this is any indication of the calls Art is going to get on the show, then everything is going to be just fine.

agreed!

Bleefy

Art played "Eye of the Tiger", so I'm imagining him doing a training montage so he can fight Jorch at the end of the show.

That's right. Suck it, Noory.

Scully

NoMoreNoory

What a call! And straight off, an object lesson from Art in how to engage with your callers, a lesson that entirely by-passed that other guy whose name I forget right now.

Very worried about the technical glitch. One thing they CANNOT allow if this happens is dead air. That is the cardinal sin of live radio. If Keith has to talk about his toe-nails or whatever, you MUST keep talking. It's radio 101. Silence followed by Keith saying he didn't know what happened followed by silence was third rate.

LAM4:2

I must be listening on a delay , because I'm reading what is being broadcasted here on Bellgab before I actually hear it.

wenck

Quote from: Hog on July 20, 2015, 10:30:15 PM
CFRB 1010 am Toronto has its stream up and running, but it's not streaming MITD, but some other show.  They are broadcasting MITD with 50,000 watts of power over the airwaves.

Since they started promoting the show on their website, it said "Airwaves only."

PrairieGhost

Why am I liking this better than the old shows? Probably just an Art Bell high.... But damnit it's soooo good sounding! 8)

Spinner

I don't know about you guys, but I really like the "alternative" news segment at the bottom of the hour. I hope it continues.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 20, 2015, 10:31:23 PM
As long as Eye of the Tiger is playing, I hope Art runs around the room and punches a picture of dave.

This made me laugh out loud. Me too.   ;D

someguy

wow the commercials being facts about mars is fucking awesome

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Spinner on July 20, 2015, 10:33:06 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I really like the "alternative" news segment at the bottom of the hour. I hope it continues.

Yes, this paranormal news at the bottom of the hour is amazing!

jazmunda

I like the paranormal news.

Who needs real news?

aldousburbank

Quote from: raistlin on July 20, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
Did anyone else hear someone say "Let me try disconnecting and reconnecting to see if we can get him back folks."?
Yes. Was Keith.

wenck

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on July 20, 2015, 10:32:55 PM
Thames? It's pronounced tems

Noticed that too. If that's the worst of this show's sins, we have nothing to fear.

someguy

Quote from: Spinner on July 20, 2015, 10:33:06 PM

yes!

albrecht

Quote from: LAM4:2 on July 20, 2015, 10:32:21 PM
I must be listening on a delay , because I'm reading what is being broadcasted here on Bellgab before I actually hear it.
How are you listening? I've noticed SW seems to be delayed versus the computer stream and Tune-In slightly but still a bit delayed than my internet stream. Curious how KXL-FM in Portland sounds and how far it carries? Any DXers out there?

Never2Late

That same call with Dave lasts a matter of seconds and he forgets she ever existed.