Yes
14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

ringthane

I'm with you guys, maybe a smidge more forgiving (a smidge). Very scripted, formulaic... has a bit of a 'smooth jazz DJ' edge (or would that be anti edge) to him. I could handle his new age cool equilibrium a bit more than Noron's hyperactive earnestness.

FWIW, I completely missed the first and second hour.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 29, 2010, 12:39:05 AM
Here, let me do it for you...

===========================================
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

===========================================
so THAT'S what that is!!

punkinpie

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 29, 2010, 01:52:16 AM
OK, Maybe...

David Wilcock might be gay.

But still, not that there's anything wrong with that...

And still don't make fun of his last name.

But yes he is a nutjob. Don't make fun of that either.

I also tried reading his bio at his website... I could only skim very quickly, as I didn't have any duct tape handy to wrap around my head to keep it from exploding.

NUTJOB!

Hal, your posts either scare me or make me laugh.  This one was awesome.

I have listened to the first few minutes this morning.  He sounds like one of those jerks who pauses after every word because he thinks it makes him sound more intelligent.  I'm annoyed. 

Maybe he's like Frank Costanza and just has a halting way of speaking.   

MV/Liberace!

i found one of wilcock's videos on youtube. i could only suffer through literally about two minutes of it.

some people need to just get a real job.

ArtBellFan

I enjoyed the show very much, like Rob Simone and thought he did a great job, it is obvious he has much radio experience.  Here is a link to upload the show if you so desire.

[attachment deleted by admin]

starrmtn001

Rob did a great show last night.  Wouldn't mind listening to him on c2c more often, say Monday through Friday.  Works for me. :)

HAL 9000

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 29, 2010, 07:21:19 PM
Rob Simone sucks.

Stop it - you're gonna make me pee my pants  

HAL 9000

I noticed that there is a new poll question (as opposed to pole question)... it's not my poll, but I may have some data posted a little later which may help answer the question:

Is Rob Simone looking for Mel's Hole (or anyone else's hole for that matter).

I'll leave you with two words: Pucker Up 

awguy

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 29, 2010, 12:08:37 AM
hmmmmm.  Just tuned in to hear Rob Simone.  He pronounces words correctly and can speak in full paragraphs... a good start.  :)

Actually, he DID mis-pronounce a word. At the beginning of the second hour, he said "I'm filling in for the incomparable George Noory" I think me meant to say "incompetent". LOL!

James G.

Rob Simone:

What Do You Think, All?

I wasn't impressed last night.

He never challenged the guest about people paying some $120 fee to have this person predict his or her future through astrology. And what I considered to be true "junk science."

Mr. Simone never questioned whether the guest "had the goods," or whether he was misleading people to make money. He sat silent. Like Mr. George Noory.

What's the difference, all, between a program that was once for major, independent thinkers who see further -- and the infomercial mess it appears to have become to me?

I had to ask. All you true thinkers. I have to ask.

At times, I feel bad for Mr. Ian Punnett. And Mr. George Knapp. I sense that they both want to question, inquire and doubt, but they're prevented -- or discouraged -- from doing so.

Now we see why Mr. Art Bell is out. Because he did.

punkinpie

I'm not a fan either.  I listened to the pyramid show and last night's.  I didn't care for how he handled open lines either.  The way that he enunciates and adds odd pauses makes me want to throw my ipod across the room.  He sounds like someone who is straining his voice to sound like the "voice of god."  I am just highly annoyed. 

Not a fan of Simone. Eagerly anticipating giving Wells another shot

There is Bell then Knapp and then nobody........

George Drooly

No one but Bell. He created and owned the show, end of story. All others are pretenders. It's like someone other than Charles Schulz drawing "Peanuts" -- NOT RIGHT

I shut it off. Astrology does not interest me.

Not my favourite subject matter, but after 2 shows, he is growing on me.  I would like to see him do a full 4 hour open lines, that is a great test for any host.  On the plus side, I think he has a great voice, good timing, and FANTASTIC taste in bumper music.  The The, Pretenders, the Clash, Echo and the Bunnymen (!!!) and the P Furs (!!!!) - probably the best collection of  bumper music in a single show ever!

I'm going to give Simone my support - G. Noory seems to be less interested in a full schedule, Ian is scaling back  :'( , G. Knapp is awesome but on infrequently.  So Simone and Wells are the future.  It is so bright, I have to wear shades!  8)

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 29, 2011, 10:59:43 PM
Not a fan of Simone. Eagerly anticipating giving Wells another shot

Your wish has come true - Wells is hosting tonight!

tmock00

I'm not impressed with Simone at all.  He reminds me too much of Noory.  I much prefer John B. Wells.

James G.

Quote from: George Drooly on January 30, 2011, 03:06:19 AM
No one but Bell. He created and owned the show, end of story. All others are pretenders. It's like someone other than Charles Schulz drawing "Peanuts" -- NOT RIGHT

Agreed. It's like someone portraying Ralph Cramden without Jackie Gleason. And, heaven forbid in our entertainment industry of "copying" today, someone redoing The Three Stooges without the Horowitz Brothers or Larry Feinstein. I have the feeling they will.

We need new ideas and fresh thinking that builds on what's been done before. Not redoes. And it's a shame that Mr. Art Bell built such a great program for independent thinkers, and it seems like the people running Coast To Coast AM have run out of ideas.

I have a lot of them, but I'm not being paid to come up with them. They must do that for themselves.

Am I just desperate for anyone but Boory, or is Rob Simone's skills better, more interesting, and more superior? I don't much like his voice but his Edgar Cayce show tonight was bearable.

Scully

I wondered the same thing, HorrorReporter -- am I just so desperate for anyone better than Noory that it takes very little to satisfy my requirements for a host?  Simone failed to annoy me, therefore he'd be a great relacement? Hard to say.  :-\

Scully, couldn't agree more.. Sad when a failure to bore is a sign of achievement..

Though I listened last night an the amateur Mayan calendar expert was so bad he even seemed to annoy Noory..

El Kragen

I listened to the segment with Robert Young Pelton  (always a good guest). Simone did "ok" but his questions were Noory-ish. He speaks better than George so at least it sounds a little better.

Lunger

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on January 29, 2011, 09:19:13 PM
He gets the big "Meh" from me.

He seemed less informed that that Idiot Noory!

George49

I felt bored to tears by this guy. Oh man, his show on 2012 made me want the world to end during his show.

ZenBlue

I listened to his recent interview about 2012. I have to say that his voice kind of got on my nerves BUT I was happy that he called his guest out on a few things. I'm sure if you got him on a topic that he was into that the interview would be better because I don't think that the "fill-in hosts" get to choose.

valdez

This seems to be the closest thing to an all purpose Rob Simone thread (Hint to MV: consolidate?  Heck, I suppose you got better things to do, and maybe Mr. "loverboy voice" Simone hasn't even earned one yet).  So last night he does a segment about missing bees, and my mind goes numb because I've had it with the missing bees thing already.  Then he goes into the Roswell crash, and I'm thinking, great, just what we needed, another Roswell show, because whenever I think of Roswell I think of old people mumbling incoherently, and alien autopsy hoax videos, and horrible made for TV movies, and tacky postcards, and Noory beating the subject to death with his banalities, then Simone plays a recording of a radio newscast that aired shortly after the incident and there was something shocking about it.  Something real.  Something about the innocence of the times where somebody could announce that a spaceship had crashed outside of old bubba's farm as easily as he was reporting on the weather, and how that would be that last time the government would let anybody get away with it.  Where had this tape been all these years?  Why hadn't I heard it before?  Good job, Simone.

Rob Simone