Is Rob Simone looking for Mel's Hole?

Yes
14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Jorch must have told Simone to tone down his schtick for Coast. Simone has had a show on British station Resonance Fm for about 10 years or so, called The Headroom Talk Show, and he can be pretty obnoxious and acerbic at times. The show is on Sundays at Midnight, so it's 4pm for people in U.S. on West Coast, and 7pm for East Coast.

One time Simone was talking to a guy who was in the armed services, and he was talking about an alleged fight with aliens. Simone obviously thought the guy was B.S.ing, so he started to mess with him. At one point the guy said something about the aliens being males, and Simone said, "How do you know they were males, did they forget to shave that day?"

And when people didn't answer his question, he would have no problem rudely interrupting them and saying "Hold on! Hold on! Hold on!" dozens of times until the guest finally shut up. He'd also go off on weird tangents talking about his time in Australia and do really dumb and unfunny Australian voices and comedy bits. He's also kind of a name dropper, and would always talk about some Prince Ali character and Ali's friend Michael Jackson. Or running into Mel Gibson at a restaurant and talking about Australia, blah blah. Or being an extra in Return to Witch Mountain or whatever that dumb movie was with The Rock.

Rob's trying to get a nice career going with lots of celebrity connections and he's had big plans for TV shows he's pitched to Discovery and stuff, but I think his personality quirks have somewhat undone him. Jorch isn't exactly the sharpest pencil in the box, so he's probably looked at Simone's CV and decided he would be good for Coast.

It's obvious someone has told Simone to tone down his act for Coast though, he's even mellowed his speaking voice for the show. Still, I'd take Simone as a host anyday instead of the incompetent buffoon that is Jorch. By the way I heard Jorch and his partner Tommy went to see the new Angelina Jolie movie, and Jorch said "Two tickets for Manevolent!"

bateman

Where'd this guy disappear to?

He still has his own show on Resonance Fm.