• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 26, 2018, 09:36:31 PM
I decided to become an “insider” again. Man you people are missing out.

https://youtu.be/XAESKjNGpiU
+10    Although I ask questions, I'm on in the Inside too!  Now I get to replay his mis-speaks over & over.
Fourteen

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 26, 2018, 07:15:33 PM
I sit two seats to the right of God and I can’t handle the last hour of a Mark Levin tirade.

I take Mark in measured doses.  I think he is an excellent teacher and everybody should read his books but he is grating on the ears at times so I limit my listens to a couple times a week.

Jojo

Here's an audio clip from a few years back. where a caller gives her theory on some animal mutilations.  George is looking good in casuals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3FvaNSiIuM

Fourteen

Jojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5s9-Ze9Ahk

Remember this one?  Only George would admit mistakenly hacking off half his moustache!  I often wonder why he never tried the shaved head look.  Maybe too many lumps on his head, lol.

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 26, 2018, 09:11:10 PM
The name Michael Medved even sounds like a gateway drug to conservatism!
Fourteen

He's a really solid, non hyperbolic, enjoyable guy. :)

Metron2267

Quote from: TigerLily on June 26, 2018, 06:28:12 PM
I don't know. Seems like all that's on daytime radio is sports and crotchety old white men. Is he a sportscaster?

Wow.

Never heard of Stephen A Smith?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYb637ObkJ4

In many ways the black Howard Cosell! :)

albrecht

My first thoughts was that iHate Media, Inc interns and paralegals were working extra hard to "take down" the C2C Norry shows people post on torrents or youtube in the time for the "big vote" on the radio hall of fame (my theory being if less people have access to the work, the more likely people would vote for Norry since they had other costs in their syndication deals pushing "vote for Norry" big time.) But now the vote is over and he lost nobody is still posting shows (or the iHate Media, Inc interns are still hard at work.) Or the few people who posted just figured 'meh' not worth the effort.

It was nice because they would post with no commercials or bumpers. So no beets, freedom checks, tangy tangerines, dynovite, or bad music and just the fun mummbling and bumbling. But no more, apparently. So been Norry-less for a week or so since I rarely am up that late to listen live. No withdrawls but sort of miss some of the laughs and LMH. But if she is also no longer coming on than no missing much.

Juan

Mark Levin said George sent him a congratulatory note - the only one he got from the other nominees.

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on June 27, 2018, 01:35:18 PM
Mark Levin said George sent him a congratulatory note - the only one he got from the other nominees.

Jorch shows class again. :)

NoMoreNoory

Joorch is talking to Lauren Weinstein about 'those online places' where people go to hate. Now what do you think he might have in mind?

NoMoreNoory

It's clearly on his mind tonight. Earlier, he was telling Jerome Corsi that there is so much 'bitterness' around. And this gem...
"The way things have been going lately, there's just something I can't put my fingers [sic] on.

The inanity sometimes on this show literally makes me laugh out loud in bed.

Jorch is talking to his psychic guest and Jorch confirms with the psychic that while the psychic can predict events he doesn't have the ability to 'see' specific locations and details, he may see a movie theater but he can't tell you what movie is on the marquee or the street address or the city it's in - Jorch understands then intones 'yeah that would be more 'remote viewing' ... they can see details but they're not good with time ....... unless there's like a calendar in the room'   ;D ;D ;D

NoMoreNoory

Someone here recently picked up on Joorch referring to somebody being 'poignant' about something. He appeared to mean 'adamant'. He was at it again last night. Noory said he had a friend who was going through some marital problems and that he had put them in touch with Joseph Jacobs, his psychic guest (which seems odd in itself). 'You gave them some poignant advice', said Joorch.
Whaaaat? Presumably he means 'pertinent' this time? He certainly doesn't mean poignant.

It's been said many times here, but it remains the mystery: for someone with a degree in communications and a long career in the media, the level of his ignorance of the English language is astonishing.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:46:22 AM
Or, maybe he thinks the fella is cute.
Me

Double replies, you have become very erratic. :o

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 28, 2018, 02:25:53 AM
The inanity sometimes on this show literally makes me laugh out loud in bed.

Jorch is talking to his psychic guest and Jorch confirms with the psychic that while the psychic can predict events he doesn't have the ability to 'see' specific locations and details, he may see a movie theater but he can't tell you what movie is on the marquee or the street address or the city it's in - Jorch understands then intones 'yeah that would be more 'remote viewing' ... they can see details but they're not good with time ....... unless there's like a calendar in the room'   ;D ;D ;D
Ah, yes, Jorch The Buffoon.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present your sometime in the future Radio Hall of Fame member!  ::)

"I would like to thank all the little people, with no help from thuh haterz."

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 28, 2018, 08:56:53 AM
Double replies, you have become very erratic. :o
I go by the terms of service.
Me

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 28, 2018, 08:41:58 AM
Someone here recently picked up on Joorch referring to somebody being 'poignant' about something. He appeared to mean 'adamant'. He was at it again last night. Noory said he had a friend who was going through some marital problems and that he had put them in touch with Joseph Jacobs, his psychic guest (which seems odd in itself). 'You gave them some poignant advice', said Joorch.
Whaaaat? Presumably he means 'pertinent' this time? He certainly doesn't mean poignant.

It's been said many times here, but it remains the mystery: for someone with a degree in communications and a long career in the media, the level of his ignorance of the English language is astonishing.
At first, I thought the first incidence sounded weird, too.  So I replayed it and looked up the definition of poignant.  Technically, his statement passes, considering that poignant can mean sharply or painfully touching.

I didn't hear last night's reference, as I turned him off at the "I'm Lonely" song.
Me

Morgus

Last night, Noory asked his astronomer guest some of his standard questions including how he can't comprehend the Big Bang and what would Einstein have been able to accomplish if he had computers...

Also longtime caller Bill the AAA called in to ask a bunch of multi-part questions about Mars.  Noory asked Bill if he would be willing to go on a one way mission to Mars, and Bill responded only if Hoagland and Noory came along too!  Noory said he wouldn't go if Bill was there...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 28, 2018, 03:53:02 PM
What does that mean?

She's trying to be flip and edgy. :D

It's not really working for me either. :(

Metron2267

I thought it was just me that had obtuse meter readings...I guess not.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on June 28, 2018, 03:46:16 PM
Last night, Noory asked his astronomer guest some of his standard questions including how he can't comprehend the Big Bang and what would Einstein have been able to accomplish if he had computers...

Also longtime caller Bill the AAA called in to ask a bunch of multi-part questions about Mars.  Noory asked Bill if he would be willing to go on a one way mission to Mars, and Bill responded only if Hoagland and Noory came along too!  Noory said he wouldn't go if Bill was there...
Ha!  Jorch and AAA Bill on Mars.  Sounds like a win for planet Earth.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 11:59:53 AM
At first, I thought the first incidence sounded weird, too.  So I replayed it and looked up the definition of poignant.  Technically, his statement passes, considering that poignant can mean sharply or painfully touching.

I didn't hear last night's reference, as I turned him off at the "I'm Lonely" song.
Me

I'd stick with your first instinct. You can find something to be poignant: you can't be poignant about something.

And don't forget the first rule of Fight Club. Never give Noory the benefit of the doubt.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 28, 2018, 07:51:30 PM
I'd stick with your first instinct. You can find something to be poignant: you can't be poignant about something.

And don't forget the first rule of Fight Club. Never give Noory the benefit of the doubt.
Good point! I love to get out my whip, but then when someone else wants to whip him I get all weird.
Me

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 28, 2018, 04:07:09 PM
She's trying to be flip and edgy. :D

It's not really working for me either. :(
Metron didn't like a multiple oreply.

Me

Metron2267

Mostly because they were contradictory.

Wassup with that? :o

the absurdity of this show is pretty delicious, i think that's why I am compelled to turn it on.

Ian's hosting tonight and he says Jorch is off tonight as he's in rehearsals for the big upcoming Live Show. According to Ian 'there are new songs to be learned, new dance steps and sketches. These things take a lot of work and preparation.'

LOL I can't imagine Mark Levin telling his audience that he'll be off a couple days rehearsing for a live stage show 'Folks I won't be here tomorrow we'll have Bob Schwartz from WCAX filling in. I'll be off rehearsing some dynamite new dance routines and songs for the upcoming Levin Follies show in Brookline, Massachussetts. You're gonna love it so don't delay getting your tickets or you'll miss out on quite the experience.'

Jorch as a song and dance man is so ridiculous it's genius -  it's The Simpsons but with a real Homer, Jorch.  Jorch would be hard pressed to get the lead in the Poughkeepsie Little Theater's production of The Music Man. He'd lose that competition to Larry Maples the druggist and proprietor of Maples Drugstore who has a much better voice than Jorch, his own hair and doesn't look like he just fell off a camel.

Dateline

That's hilarious and a riot!  It translates into "I have to learn to lip sinc an Elvis Song, shuffle my feet, and banter back and forth with a guest and not use a teleprompter.  Ohhhh, the teleprompter is not in our budget.  Not use scribbled notes on bar napkins.