• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Faustina

Quote from: chefist on August 23, 2015, 07:18:26 PM
These were interesting Tweets by Art though...hmmmmm....

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51/status/635544106026995712

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51/status/635550109682413568

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51/status/635589004662980609

I'm very curious about this.  Heavy hint for WABC?

And why the change of email?!  I sense a conspiracy.

Faustina

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 22, 2015, 09:32:09 AM

You know, it`s amazing how Jaz can replicate so many different accents.

And, despite that, he's not ruined this show yet.

chefist

Quote from: 1964kid on August 23, 2015, 08:39:03 PM
This is real easy to solve!  His "The Answer" hint must point to getting carriage on WNYM-AM-970, licensed to serve metropolitan New York City. WNYM calls itself "970 The Answer." Congrats Art!

Great! Thanks!

AppealPlay

Oh, man, if Art could get on an NYC station you know how great that would be for the show?  I hope you're right about that!

Did a little research and apparently all the talk stations owned by Salem Radio are branded "The Answer" including WNYM.

Zenman

Hmm.. So, if I'm reading this correctly, Art would like someone to contact WNYM about setting them up to carry MITD. But why would he be tweeting this rather than posting it on BellGab? Are we not the post-blitz action squad? Or is this perhaps already a done deal? Inquiring Gabblers wish to know.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Zenman on August 24, 2015, 12:28:34 AM
Hmm.. So, if I'm reading this correctly, Art would like someone to contact WNYM about setting them up to carry MITD. But why would he be tweeting this rather than posting it on BellGab? Are we not the post-blitz action squad? Or is this perhaps already a done deal? Inquiring Gabblers wish to know.

Sounds like Art's got some 'splaining to do. hmmm.

Art Bell

Because I did a Interview on WNYM on Sunday and it will be posted on my Web Site soon, would love to get on there of course.

Art

popple

WOOOOO! Looking forward to it  ;D

Quote from: Art Bell on August 24, 2015, 01:10:51 AM
Because I did a Interview on WNYM on Sunday and it will be posted on my Web Site soon, would love to get on there of course.

Art

Give it time. Art is already on some affiliates, Portland probably the biggest. As word gets out, ratings will increase and other affiliates will sign up. The show has still only been on a few weeks, and I think it has grown a lot as there are many new callers who stated they just found out about the show.

Perhaps Art, Keith, Dr.J, or Redacted should start reaching out to stations.

SaucyRossy

Art

http://artbell.com/art-bell-interviewed-by-frank-morano-wnym/

Looks like Keith uploaded it! I'm listening to it now!

Scully

Take back the night, Art!  ;D

pate

Art

Amen, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgfQ48hWuY

zeebo

Quote from: Scully on August 24, 2015, 01:27:26 AM

MITD already rules the night ... the world just doesn't quite know it yet.     ;)

Faustina

Oh, that would be way cool if Art gets on The Answer!  A major-ish NYC station, I believe.

pate

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 24, 2015, 01:27:20 AM

Looks like Keith uploaded it! I'm listening to it now!

Huh, guess I missed it...

Seems to my faulty fat intartube fingers that there is no "teaser" yet, or at least a simple one...  My google-fu is weak.

I blame demon drank...

popple

Quote from: Scully on August 24, 2015, 01:27:26 AM

"Make the night great again!"  ;D

AppealPlay

Just had a look see at NYM's schedule.  Oof.  They would be extremely lucky to have Art on their station.  Check this nonsense out:

12:00-1:00am - John & Leah Talk Show
1:00-2:00am -  Dennis Prager
2:00-3:00am -  Best of Michael Medved

AppealPlay

Quote from: Faustina on August 24, 2015, 01:31:41 AM
Oh, that would be way cool if Art gets on The Answer!  A major-ish NYC station, I believe.

Hard to tell considering NYM doesn't seem to participate in Nielsen.  It would be major after a few months with Art. :D

Zenman

Art

Aha! Very cool.

Zenman

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 24, 2015, 01:42:44 AM
Just had a look see at NYM's schedule.  Oof.  They would be extremely lucky to have Art on their station.  Check this nonsense out:

12:00-1:00am - John & Leah Talk Show
1:00-2:00am -  Dennis Prager
2:00-3:00am -  Best of Michael Medved

Sounds like Art could be a shoo-in.

I think they need some calls.   :)

RoseGirl

Art

Very cool, Art. 'Bout time people started interviewing you about all this.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Zenman on August 24, 2015, 01:52:38 AM
Sounds like Art could be a shoo-in.

I think they need some calls.   :)

It's remarkable how unattractive their overnight lineup is.

Fascinating interview.  It seems Art has a serious problem with corporate structure.  I'm glad he's working for himself this time around. :D

BellBoy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 24, 2015, 01:58:24 AM
...I'm glad he's working for himself this time around. :D

Then why the change in email address?

AppealPlay

Quote from: BellBoy on August 24, 2015, 02:03:22 AM

Good question.  Dunno. ???

Faustina

Quote from: BellBoy on August 24, 2015, 02:03:22 AM

I still sense a conspiracy.  I thought Art no longer owned KNYE but sold it to Karen?  He must be a "board member" to be able to use their email, I'm surmising.

I hate/love a mystery.

Faustina

Quote from: Faustina on August 24, 2015, 02:10:16 AM
I still sense a conspiracy.  I thought Art no longer owned KNYE but sold it to Karen?  He must be a "board member" to be able to use their email, I'm surmising.

I hate/love a mystery.

Well, this "sort of" answers the mystery.  Good, .... I mean "darn."

Art commented under one of his posts on Facebook:  "The story is I want my mail directly not forwarded."

AppealPlay

Quote from: Faustina on August 24, 2015, 02:14:25 AM
Well, this "sort of" answers the mystery.  Good, .... I mean "darn."

Art commented under one of his posts on Facebook:  "The story is I want my mail directly not forwarded."

Ah, okay.  Maybe he doesn't actually have a mail server setup for artbell.com and instead has all of his e-mail forwarded to his KNYE address.  Maybe he still has a stake in the station or the current owner lets him keep an e-mail address as a courtesy?