• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 22, 2015, 05:29:32 AM
I noticed on Twitter tonight, some people seem to take issue with bellgab and its users calling Art so frequently.
People who are fans of Art are frequently calling Art.  Astounding.

AppealPlay

I noticed on Twitter tonight, some people seem to take issue with bellgab and its users calling Art so frequently.

Maybe they should call Art, too.  Problem solved. ::)

You know, it`s amazing how Jaz can replicate so many different accents.

dan7800

Since when have people on Twitter taken an issue with anything?

I've heard there are only maybe 6 or 7 of them - they live in mud huts and have noth-een better to do all day than post here and now, call Art at night

Damn this anti-social media!  Which hashtags are the most active?  #ArtBell, #MitD and #DMtalk seem pretty quiet.

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 22, 2015, 09:32:09 AM

You know, it`s amazing how Jaz can replicate so many different accents.

Yeah, it may be time for an intervention.

morgana213

Watching Art on Periscope.   :)  I think it's live, but not positive.  Having said that, I'm having a blast!!!

Edit:  It's a rebroadcast of last night. Still lots of fun!

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2015, 11:34:29 AM
I've heard there are only maybe 6 or 7 of them - they live in mud huts and have noth-een better to do all day than post here and now, call Art at night
...and eat rats for dinner.

coaster

What a dumb ass thing for people to be complaining about. Art Bell fans calling Art.

CornyCrow

Only twits tweet. 

BellBoy

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 22, 2015, 03:21:39 PM
Only twits tweet.

Here in Ol' Blighty, we call them "twats"  ;)

(...and no one even blinks)

Chronaut

Shouldn’t we have a thread for guest suggestions for Midnight in the Desert?  There’s one in the “Art Bell/Coast to Coast AM” forum, but that doesn’t seem like the right forum now.  Perhaps I should start a thread, but I'm a n00b here and I don't want to overstep.

I’m currently listening to an interview with Sharon Hill, founder/editor/writer of DoubtfulNews.com, and I’m finding her to be an excellent speaker and guest â€" she focuses on all sorts of paranormal subjects with a skeptic’s view (which I distinguish from the crass Phillip Klass type of “disbeliever culture” that operates under the de facto assumption that anything interesting must be either mundane, deceit, or lunacy â€" by contrast, a true skeptic studies the evidence and lets it speak for itself with the least degree of prejudice possible).

Because personally I think that the paranormal community, of which we’re all a part I suppose, has too long been at odds with the skeptical community of scientists and researchers who are trained to sift truth from myth.  I’d like to see us work together, to cull out the charlatans, so we can mature into a very credible movement that becomes synonymous with deep and rigorous scientific investigation.  A few glimmers of this hopeful direction are already among us â€" scientists like Stanton Friedman and Bruce Maccabee, who bring the light of empirical reasoning to their investigations.  But their valiant efforts to exercise logic and data-driven arguments on our behalf are routinely torpedoed by hoaxers and con artists like Jonathan Rutter (aka “Dr. Jonathan Reed”) and Andrew Basiago, who steal the limelight and make us all look like idiots when even amateur investigations prove their stories to be opportunistic lies with transparent monetary and fame motives.

How do you feel about this?  I see a lot of “well that was bs but it’s fun to listen in” kinds of posts here, which I find very depressing.  Are the majority of us more interested in getting to the bottom of these subjects, or is this just diversionary entertainment for most of us?

Personally, my life is largely devoted to finding out the truth about these subjects (ufos, black budget research programs, oligarchic conspiracies like the Bilderberg Group, consciousness studies, etc) â€" so it pains me when cads discredit our interests in these kinds of subjects.  And I feel like we’d have far fewer horrific embarrassments like the “Roswell slides” debacle if we allied with the true skeptics in our society, who could rout out the false leads and blind alleys before they become public embarrassments.

Quote from: Chronaut on August 22, 2015, 04:29:18 PM
Shouldn’t we have a thread for guest suggestions for Midnight in the Desert?  There’s one in the “Art Bell/Coast to Coast AM” forum, but that doesn’t seem like the right forum now.  Perhaps I should start a thread, but I'm a n00b here and I don't want to overstep.

<snip>

Go ahead, start a thread :)

Also, you can send guest suggestions to Bellgab's own (Redacted) at producer@artbell.com.

Chronaut

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 22, 2015, 04:38:12 PM

Also, you can send guest suggestions to Bellgab's own (Redacted) at producer@artbell.com.

Thank you Georgie For President 2216 - I now feel sanctioned to inaugurate my first thread at BellGab.com =P

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 22, 2015, 04:38:12 PM

There is already one here under "Art Bell" topics.  Not sure if Art or (Redacted) reads it regularly, but there have been some good suggestions made.

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7497.0.html

Heather Wade

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on August 22, 2015, 05:27:11 PM
There is already one here under "Art Bell" topics.  Not sure if Art or (Redacted) reads it regularly, but there have been some good suggestions made.

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7497.0.html

Yes, I do read that thread and welcome everyone's suggestions!  Just saw the new thread that was started, and I will check it regularly for the suggestions there too.  Don't be shy, BellGabbers.  Tell me who you think would be cool to hear on the air with Art.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 22, 2015, 05:37:12 PM
Yes, I do read that thread and welcome everyone's suggestions!  Just saw the new thread that was started, and I will check it regularly for the suggestions there too.  Don't be shy, BellGabbers.  Tell me who you think would be cool to hear on the air with Art.

Wow, you are on the ball (Redacted)!  Thanks for the quick response, good to hear you're reading the topic/guests suggestions.  I hope your boss gives you the occasional day off.  ;)

Linda129

Art is quickly coming into his own.

Art Bell

I do indeed think the show is going well, I am starting to get more at ease with everything I have to do and it is a lot. When you run your own board it's truly a different ball game but it's the only way to be in charge of the flow of the show which is very important to me.

As always, I want to thank the members on here who have given so much support and real help, if anybody wants to complain that Bell Gab people are too vocal on the show they can stick where the Sun don't shine. The people on here are my friends. There are other Fan group sites but I owe the people here a lot.

Art

I think this Art Bell guy is slowly getting the hang of things. He's one to keep an eye out for.

wr250

Quote from: Art Bell on August 22, 2015, 08:05:02 PM
I do indeed think the show is going well, I am starting to get more at ease with everything I have to do and it is a lot. When you run your own board it's truly a different ball game but it's the only way to be in charge of the flow of the show which is very important to me.

As always, I want to thank the members on here who have given so much support and real help, if anybody wants to complain that Bell Gab people are too vocal on the show they can stick where the Sun don't shine. The people on here are my friends. There are other Fan group sites but I owe the people here a lot.

Art
i really enjoy your shows , but usually cant stay up that late. can you record off your mic, so as to not record the music?
this is a little nitpick and not terribly important, i for one am glad you are back and in fine form.

Art

Dude, I think the show is truly better than any of us could have imagined.

Also on a different note, we need to get a study funded on why all foreigners sound like Jazmunda. I've been saying this for awhile.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Chronaut on August 22, 2015, 04:29:18 PM
. . . 
Since, in the past, there was a lot of guest poaching by another show, if I had a good guest suggestion, I would email Heather directly at producer@artbell.com .  I would assume the other guy scans these posts from time to time to see what's up.

There are those here who are quite involved in occult subjects.  There are others who are involved in traditional religion and atheists and those who seem to have a strictly scientific approach to things.  Every now and again spats break out, and I (who am a relatively newcomer) think sometimes people just try to back out of getting too controversial to keep the peace.

Perhaps we each can read into Art's responses what is convenient, but I will agree that Blanche, the Satanist, is the real deal.  There have been nature gods way before Christianity and I do believe what she said, that 'Satan' never existed before Christianity.   

It is just my personal opinion, but I think a person who seriously practices magic must have a hugely developed set of ethical values, since it works, and it would be, to me, unfair competition to use it to get what you want out of life.  I also think the judgment of an entire jury is sometimes in error, convicting the innocent, so how reliable is one person who is not impartial be in determining a person's fate? 

A society that accepts magic, to me, would be a nightmare.  I don't believe in persecuting a person because of their religion,  but I don't advocate it's practice either.

Morgus

Art

Art, we could see last night watching the live periscope video feed from your studio, that you were indeed having fun during the live show.
You looked "giddy as a schoolboy" :D

CornyCrow

Art
Thank you, Art, for putting so much time and effort into this.  The last open lines show was just a gem.  You probably appreciate how many people are losing sleep because of you.  Many thanks to your lovely family for backing you in this.   

ItsOver

It's so good to hear you're enjoying the show as much as we are, Art.  Thank you.

Scully

Art, i know you've put a lot of yourself into the show, and I want to tell you that it Shows!
;D 8)

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 22, 2015, 08:51:07 PM
It's so good to hear you're enjoying the show as much as we are, Art.  Thank you.

+1 ... The show is already great and just keeps getting better.