• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

WOW DID HE EVER SUCK TONIGHT! May 6/7

Started by Zaqir, May 06, 2008, 11:59:06 PM

Zaqir

So I had to do a 14 hour shift and finished at 1am, while I was taking a taxi home the driver had the George on. I was too tired to argue so I listened. WOW DID IT STINK! Here is why.

The news segment... it sucked, it sounded like pre recorded BS. It probably is.

The problem once again is that we must compare this to Art. When Art did his show he sounded like he was talking directly to you in an honest fashion. George? Nope, he sounds like some idiot (which I think he is) who is just reading a bunch of lines some intern wrote for him.

He never sounds as if he is talking to or at the listener but he simply makes statements that he reads off a sheet of paper. No sincerity in his voice.

He interviewed a guested in that segment about women's heart disease and at one point after the guest discussed all the various problems about women not checking themself for heart problems etc George came out with this gem. "Well (Dr So and so I forget his name) I don't know much but I did read your book the (I forget what the book's name is) and what I thought the most important thing to know was inflation, so everyone go read his book"

I kid you NOT! Essentially he made a statement/plug for a bug but his statement had no value, thought or meaning to it. Why was inflation so important? What about it? That is like someone talking about dogs and problems they might have with cats and george would probably say "You know, I don't know much but I read a book about dogs and cats and what I found important about the whole issue is that..Dogs bark, go read about it."

But that is classic George, HE DOESN'T KNOW OR CARE about the words that come out of his mouth, he is a voice and nothing more.

Oh and in the segment between him and the guest talking about women's heart issues and Richard C Hogland and the Black Hole discussion I think he said "I love it" for no reason 2-4 times...

I think we can get a better radio show if we had one of those children's toys where you pull the string and the arrow goes round and around until it lands on a farm animal and it then makes the animal sound. When I hear George speak all I hear is "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...quack quack. woof woof. I love it! Purina Dog Chow"

Max

the reason why george was chosen was because he is a perfect puppet...

he will do or say anything he is told to say...

look at the facts of his hosting since 2003... that says it all

Quote from: Max on May 07, 2008, 12:08:04 AM

I would have to agree with that.  Classic "News Bureau Guy" - Script reader.

Max

Also look at the facts of how he talks and asks questions.. some of them are just unbelievable... left field... and out of this world that make you go WTF...

which happens every night....

btw I have a iceberg to sell you... I ran out of books..

I sent a "Fast Blast" last week with the answer to his movie question for a book, but never got a reply. I actually tried to call in, but my phone won't connect to the coast numbers.  MAybe the phone loves me too much.

he has these guests that talk nonstop without host interruption or need of interesting questions or follow through so that he can
power chug jim beam and fall asleep.  he's not as much of an idiot as he sounds, but he just reads from a script without
looking at it, that's why he f's up so much of the dialog.  but it would be nice to have a host that gave a damn or could... um - ad lib
with interesting or thoughtful statements.  wait, isn't that what radio hosts are supposed to be best at?

"So, how do leprechauns come into this?"

george can't be a pitcher when he perfects his knuckleball, he's already playing left field for coast to coast.

pastspace

I do not listen to the goerge show at all anymore, and had forgotten how funny these "nooryisms" are. When I hear them live they just piss me off. But reading them here is a pleasure! Kudos all around.

To add my bit here, sometimes I have this nightmarish flashback of a time back in 03 or so, when goerge was really taking over the show, his guest was talking about a PYRAMID is russia and seeing a picture of it george said, I swear to God, "It looks like a CONE"

??? :'(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 07, 2008, 12:12:01 AM
Quote from: Max on May 07, 2008, 12:08:04 AM

I would have to agree with that.  Classic "News Bureau Guy" - Script reader.
that was the big thing i had a hard time absorbing about noory.  he's just too dry and news-ish.  just like you can't take the trailer park out of the girl, you also can't take the news room out of the stache.  he's no more interesting as a host to me than your average medium market tv news director, which is what he used to be.  bleh.