• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 10:25:44 AM
Because MV ... He calls out your shit and Zero tolerance for the passive aggressive.
Come on all of us would love to hear that show. Hell she could even come on and shill for MITD. But she won't. I'm sure of that. We would need a massive bucket of popcorn.
Quote from: ShayP on April 17, 2018, 10:24:48 AM
"BellGab have been trying to topple MITD from the beginning." ~ Lasha Seniuk

WTF?  All I can do is laugh.  Especially when Heather talks shit about BellGab.  BellGab was her platform. These people are pathetic.

I know! We get no love. And they say we are the haters.  :'(

Chine

WTF?  All I can do is laugh.  Especially when Heather talks shit about BellGab.  She was 100% BellGabber and flipped.  These people are pathetic.

The Blitz? Remember that? All the energy, time put in to help by BellGabbers. Free art, Phone calls, assistance with equipment, what else? Many here tried genuinely tried to help. Very supportive

ShayP

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 10:27:02 AM
I know! We get no love. And they say we are the haters.  :'(

There was support from the get go.  She (they) should ask why it has waned.  Their hair is on fire right now and I'm not sure why.  Maybe because Art is not there to pull the strings and Keith is an asshole.  I dunno.

I'd like to see Heather do another 'Why do you hate me' show.  That was great "radio."  ::) 

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 08:25:19 AM
Heh. Yes let's spam the MITD thread with hot women having pillow fights. I am behind this 100%!

Edit to add picture. It's not a pillow fight but you catch my drift.

You KNOW i hate it when you do that.

ShayP

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 10:33:08 AM
The Blitz? Remember that? All the energy, time put in to help by BellGabbers. Free art, Phone calls, assistance with equipment, what else? Many here tried genuinely tried to help. Very supportive

Oh yeah. The support was incredible. It really was. From what I gather there are no regrets for the effort either.  That effort helped immensely, but I get the feeling those who contributed are somehow expected to not be disappointed.  They may be but I doubt they are flaming MITD.  If they are it's because of the actions on their (MITD's) end.

bellNwhistle

WTF?  All I can do is laugh.  Especially when Heather talks shit about BellGab.  She was 100% BellGabber and flipped.  These people are pathetic.

I didn't really join this place til I heard Art was coming back. I was as excited as anyone, and seem to recall a bunch of people here talking about promoting MITD on social media accounts, etc..  Isn't that precisely why Bell was in here?  Because we cared?  She was, as you say, a BellGabber herself.  FFS

GravitySucks

Because MV ... He calls out your shit and Zero tolerance for the passive aggressive.

Hi Chine

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 17, 2018, 10:41:10 AM
I didn't really join this place til I heard Art was coming back. I was as excited as anyone, and seem to recall a bunch of people here talking about promoting MITD on social media accounts, etc..  Isn't that precisely why Bell was in here?  Because we cared?  She was, as you say, a BellGabber herself.  FFS

Art’s coming back?

I never get the PMs.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2018, 10:46:15 AM
Art’s coming back?

I never get the PMs.

Yeah, maybe you have too many messages in your inbox?  :P

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on April 17, 2018, 10:39:13 AM
Oh yeah. The support was incredible. It really was. From what I gather there are no regrets for the effort either.  That effort helped immensely, but I get the feeling those who contributed are somehow expected to not be disappointed.  They may be but I doubt they are flaming MITD.  If they are it's because of the actions on their (MITD's) end.
People even spent money and time supporting, buying billboards, putting up flyers, making awesome art (XOXNEED, spelling might be off,) emailing and calling program directors, etc. If nothing else it was embarrassing. My local program director even replied to me that while he appreciated Art as a legend that he was too unstable workwise to risk it. He was right.

chefist

Many of these people really believed they had the talent and potential to be successful radio hosts...their egos blind them to their own limitations and reality...BG is really just about having fun and interacting with "like minded" folks...people like HW and others that left prove they were only here to keep that ego expansively inflated.

This is a web forum...not Off Broadway, community college theater or even a free internship...Jesus... ::)

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2018, 10:50:36 AM
People even spent money and time supporting, buying billboards, putting up flyers, making awesome art (XOXNEED, spelling might be off,) emailing and calling program directors, etc. If nothing else it was embarrassing. My local program director even replied to me that while he appreciated Art as a legend that he was too unstable workwise to risk it. He was right.

Oh I know.  It was the passion of the fans and the possibilities of what could be.  It was great.  People felt like they were building a house.  Now here we are.  The house should be condemned.  No fault of the builders.  Fault of the tenants.

Your local program director, as many others, was right...as you stated.

Chine

Even after Art handed over MITD, many assisted Heather while she was in a crazy predicament to adjust to taking it over. Several called her, helped her through it, help with equipment.

As Curtis mentioned on the last GabCast, we all supported her as she was on GabCast herself (her first time in air) ... then it got weird. That phone call with Bateman was a tipping point.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on April 17, 2018, 10:55:48 AM
Oh I know.  It was the passion of the fans and the possibilities of what could be.  It was great.  People felt like they were building a house.  Now here we are.  The house should be condemned.  No fault of the builders.  Fault of the tenants.

Your local program director, as many others, was right...as you stated.
I felt like what Jimmy Carter and volunteers must feel when a house they built in a poor neighborhood becomes a crackhouse and sex trafficking den.

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
... That phone call with Bateman was a tipping point.

Someone was arguing here a couple weeks ago that she won that debate.  Lol.

chefist

Exactly...and they were correct...After Art left, I felt ashamed that I played some small part in convincing all those stations that signed up...

Chine

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 17, 2018, 11:01:06 AM
Someone was arguing here a couple weeks ago that she won that debate.  Lol.

Ha. Wasn’t that crazy? That was a GabCast, right? Who was hosting? MV and Curtis. Oh ..maybe just Curtis. He was really doing his best to give them equal time and keep it somewhat civil!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 17, 2018, 11:14:55 AM
Is this from the "People (outside) of Walmart" page?

No, that's a picture of your mom. Don't you recognize her? :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2018, 10:05:02 AM
Someone should ask Rosegirl to cohost the Gabcast. I don’t think she has ever cohosted with MV.

i'd love to have her on.

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
Ha. Wasn’t that crazy? That was a GabCast, right? Who was hosting? MV and Curtis. Oh ..maybe just Curtis. He was really doing his best to give them equal time and keep it somewhat civil!

It was a shame they got in the way of Bateman detailing what a complete unhinged enraged psycho she had been to him. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: mv on April 17, 2018, 11:19:26 AM
i'd love to have her.

Jesus. OK, but sell the tape and we can use the money for an official BellGab wake. I expect you'd need a stiff drink after that anyway.

chefist

We need RoseGirl on the GabCast! I know that everyone wants to hear her and what she thinks about all that has transpired over the past 2 years...

ponyboysunset

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 11:33:28 AM
We need RoseGirl on the GabCast! I know that everyone wants to hear her and what she thinks about all that has transpired over the past 2 years...
Anyone here want to reach out to her? Or do you all think she still reads bellgab? It would be an epic show.