• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What Were Art's Guests' Politics?

Started by AZZERAE, April 19, 2018, 04:40:15 AM

AZZERAE

I wanted to read some of your thoughts, ladies and gentlemen...

What do you think, aside from the obvious ones who were on for political topics themselves, were various classic Art Bell return guests' politics, by name?

I'm thinking Whitley Strieber was probably a blue dog Democrat, for instance.

What do you guys think?

Mention their names please, what you think they were politically, and why.  :)

AZZERAE

Alright, LOL. I'll start then, and discuss alone, I guess.

Something tells me Linda Moulton Howe is a Republican.

And that David Jacobs is a Democrat.

albrecht

Exopolitics.  ;)
I think a lot of them would say "I don't do politics," or "don't do Party," or various 3rd Parties (Libertarian etc) or single-issue voters. Likely lots of thoughts like "both Parties are controlled" etc. I'm guessing most of the new-agey types would be voting Left in the political spectrum. But think a lot of Art paranormal guests would say that they aren't interested in politics.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on April 21, 2018, 03:55:36 PM
Exopolitics.  ;)
I think a lot of them would say "I don't do politics," or "don't do Party," or various 3rd Parties (Libertarian etc) or single-issue voters. Likely lots of thoughts like "both Parties are controlled" etc. I'm guessing most of the new-agey types would be voting Left in the political spectrum. But think a lot of Art paranormal guests would say that they aren't interested in politics.

Very interesting, thank you for sharing your ideas.

I had similar thoughts to these, but thought it'd be fun to stereotype them as a joke, using Blue or Red.

DanTSX

Are you an American?  I seem to recal that you were not. 

I always find that there are misconceptions with foreigners over American political ideologies, and the resulting impact on their personality and public presentation of themselves.

Of course I’m only equally as unqualified to understand the politics of a popular personality in another nation in this instance.

But to as we your question, I’d expect that most of the guests are left center as far as most of the western world is concerned.  Hoagland was unapologetically for Obama, but that does not indicate if he would had moved to Trump or Hillary in 2016.  (My guess would be Bernie Sanders).  Art himself voted for Obama twice, but then got his shit together and get on the trump train thankfully.

I suspect you are right about LMH based on nothing more than familiarity with similar people with what I internalize as sharing similar personality traits.  I feel you nailed weebs as blue dog.   The closer the guest is to end times or apocalyptic type discussion without bringing in the environment, will bring you closer to right wing. 

I never thought the show was that political even if they were criticizing things like the Clintons or the bush era wars. So it was a real tossup I guess.  To me it didn’t really matter, and still does not even in the highly polarized Trump era

Asuka Langley

Quote from: DanTSX on April 22, 2018, 10:22:09 PM

I always find that there are misconceptions with foreigners over American political ideologies, and the resulting impact on their personality and public presentation of themselves.

Of course I’m only equally as unqualified to understand the politics of a popular personality in another nation in this instance.

But to as we your question, I’d expect that most of the guests are left center as far as most of the western world is concerned.  Hoagland was unapologetically for Obama, but that does not indicate if he would had moved to Trump or Hillary in 2016.  (My guess would be Bernie Sanders).  Art himself voted for Obama twice, but then got his shit together and get on the trump train thankfully.

I suspect you are right about LMH based on nothing more than familiarity with similar people with what I internalize as sharing similar personality traits.  I feel you nailed weebs as blue dog.   The closer the guest is to end times or apocalyptic type discussion without bringing in the environment, will bring you closer to right wing. 

I never thought the show was that political even if they were criticizing things like the Clintons or the bush era wars. So it was a real tossup I guess.  To me it didn’t really matter, and still does not even in the highly polarized Trump era

I think Art said he only voted for nigger bojangles once in the last interview he did with MV

AZZERAE

Quote from: DanTSX on April 22, 2018, 10:22:09 PM

Nope, I'm not American.

There most certainly are misconceptions over political ideologies. My aim was to have a bit of fun toying with those very tropes.

I think you got that, and your assessments on Hoagie were both funny and insightful commentary.

I'm definitely no expert, but I consider myself well read - and agree with you on the majority of the guests having been left of centre.

Thank you for your contribution to the thread...its been fun.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 22, 2018, 10:27:43 PM
I think Art said he only voted for nigger bojangles once in the last interview he did with MV

You like that word, don't you?