• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

LadyFish

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 07:15:56 AM
These people are insulting the flag, the national anthem, the president, and the country in general.  These are people who, for the most part, have gone to our universities.  Certainly most of the NBA players and all the NFL players have.  This is what they are being taught there.

What they apparently aren't being taught is this is the flag that was carried by the North in a civil war fought in part against slavery.  It's the flag of the troops that fought the Nazis and liberated the concentration camps.  It's the flag of the people who brought down the evil Soviet empire, and liberated or tried to liberate millions more.  This is the county that is always the first one providing disaster relief supplies anywhere in the world.  It's the country that welcomes immigrants and refugees from everywhere. 

What's been said - the avalanche of filth that's been dumped on Trump - like him or not, is dispicable and well beyond the pale of normal political discourse.  He was fairly elected, and all this hate stems from the agenda he ran on of controling our border and closely vetting Moslems from radicalized areas.  Hardly ''White Supremacy'' or whatever bullshit term he and his supporters are being accused of this week.

So perhaps to help resolve this matter Black athletes should go to their own universities instead of "our universities"?  I almost think that is part of what they are protesting about is that they are not considered as equals in "our country".

I also think they are well aware of the Flag that was carried by the North in a civil war about slavery. They also are likely well aware of the Confederate flag carried by the opposing side that fought to continue slavery, the same flag that many whites today feel the need to display at their gatherings. If one supports the meaning of the US Flag in the passages above, how can one also feel emboldened to also display the Confederate flag?

As for all the hate for Trump stemming from his wall or vetting, my husband thought Trump was a big dick way back in the 1980's and others might have noticed that also.

GravitySucks

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 01:54:58 PM
So perhaps to help resolve this matter Black athletes should go to their own universities instead of "our universities"?  I almost think that is part of what they are protesting about is that they are not considered as equals in "our country".

I also think they are well aware of the Flag that was carried by the North in a civil war about slavery. They also are likely well aware of the Confederate flag carried by the opposing side that fought to continue slavery, the same flag that many whites today feel the need to display at their gatherings. If one supports the meaning of the US Flag in the passages above, how can one also feel emboldened to also display the Confederate flag?

As for all the hate for Trump stemming from his wall or vetting, my husband thought Trump was a big dick way back in the 1980's and others might have noticed that also.

There are at least 80 Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

There are even special federal contracting regulations to encourage companies to work with these schools.

I don't think that anyone in this day or age views segregation as the answer. And I don't see anyone trying to create a classification of Historically White Colleges and Universities or an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Pretty slick how you managed to work in the confederate battle flag.

Sometimes tradition is just about tradition. There doesn't have to be a nefarious aspect to every action.

If you would like to support your local HBCU, you can see their rankings here. I have worked with several in my career and can offer suggestions if you want to make a donation.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/hbcu

p.s They don't get many pro athletes but there are a few good ones.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 01:54:58 PM

There was a lot of public controversy over Andrew Dice Clay when he got big in the late 80s/early 90s because a lot of people (and I'll include myself when I was young and naive) were too stupid to realize he was doing next level comedy. The fact that he was a stand up comedian should've given it away but, darn it all, the mainstream (CIA) media saw an opportunity whip up public outrage over it and potentially steer public opinion about it so they went for it. Same thing with Stern although he was better able to use that to his advantage. I put Trump into this camp. He's the first stand up comedian president and he's been honing his act for years. It's funny that there was no public outrage against Don Rickles (who essentially was one of the originators of this kind of shtick) in the 70s when he was at the height of his fame. And Archie Bunker, who was expressly written with the sole intent of being the butt of liberal jokes on the show instead became the stand up comedian that America wanted. Trump is continuing this great tradition of pushing the boundaries, testing the limits of our free speech and exposing hypocrisy and corruption in a truly humorous way. Thank you, Mr. President! Salute!  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 10:43:21 AM
This will freak out the Bears..:

https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/911979726687830017

LOL - I was right.

The Steelers stayed in the locker room. With one exception. They have a veteran on their team. He was allowed to come out of the locker room for the anthem. And he stood.

This must have fired up the Bears. This will probably be the only game they win all year, but win they did!

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 24, 2017, 01:42:23 PM
Hey TL!
At least Trump didn't insult the mothers of the players by saying they were bitches...Oh hang on he did.  :-\

Very Presidential.

What a coincidence! That's what I call Trump's mother too

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2017, 02:19:01 PM
There was a lot of public controversy over Andrew Dice Clay when he got big in the late 80s/early 90s because a lot of people (and I'll include myself when I was young and naive) were too stupid to realize he was doing next level comedy. The fact that he was a stand up comedian should've given it away but, darn it all, the mainstream (CIA) media saw an opportunity whip up public outrage over it and potentially steer public opinion about it so they went for it. Same thing with Stern although he was better able to use that to his advantage. I put Trump into this camp. He's the first stand up comedian president and he's been honing his act for years. It's funny that there was no public outrage against Don Rickles (who essentially was one of the originators of this kind of shtick) in the 70s when he was at the height of his fame. And Archie Bunker, who was expressly written with the sole intent of being the butt of liberal jokes on the show instead became the stand up comedian that America wanted. Trump is continuing this great tradition of pushing the boundaries, testing the limits of our free speech and exposing hypocrisy and corruption in a truly humorous way. Thank you, Mr. President! Salute!  ;D

Dice was next level? Take out the nursery rhymes and leather jacket and he was just another hack. Rickles wasn't outrageous because he always rounded off his roasts by kissing up to his targets. Archie Bunker was a straight rip-off from a UK sitcom character. Trump unites people with no sense of humour.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 24, 2017, 03:09:03 PM
Dice was next level? Take out the nursery rhymes and leather jacket and he was just another hack. Rickles wasn't outrageous because he always rounded off his roasts by kissing up to his targets. Archie Bunker was a straight rip-off from a UK sitcom character. Trump unites people with no sense of humour.

I saw Rickles live in 1983. He was pretty edgy.

The only racial joke I remember though was:

Hey! Are there any blacks in here tonight?

What's the matter? Isn't there a basketball game?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 24, 2017, 03:09:03 PM
Dice was next level? Take out the nursery rhymes and leather jacket and he was just another hack. Rickles wasn't outrageous because he always rounded off his roasts by kissing up to his targets. Archie Bunker was a straight rip-off from a UK sitcom character. Trump unites people with no a sense of humour.

FIFY  ;)

And yes, all I mentioned are next level. Taken at face value, no not always. Obviously, a lot of it is crude and rude. However, when you understand what's going on then you're in on the joke and then yes, total next level.  ;)

P.S. Thanks for all the great ideas and frameworks that we fleshed in and made better.  ;) ;D

Gd5150

LadyFish

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 02:05:19 PM
There are at least 80 Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

There are even special federal contracting regulations to encourage companies to work with these schools.

I don't think that anyone in this day or age views segregation as the answer. And I don't see anyone trying to create a classification of Historically White Colleges and Universities or an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Pretty slick how you managed to work in the confederate battle flag.

Sometimes tradition is just about tradition. There doesn't have to be a nefarious aspect to every action.

I think there already is a National Association for the Advancement of White People; it goes by the initials KKK.

I am white, grew up in a small town, predominantly Republican, in Western New York. I was taught in elementary school the Civil War was about Abraham Lincoln freeing the slaves from the evil plantation owners in the Confederate states. I just don't get why the flag of the losers who wanted to keep a racial group enslaved is something to be proudly revered and develop traditions around that are passed down from generation to generation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 04:24:41 PM
I think there already is a National Association for the Advancement of White People; it goes by the initials KKK.

I am white, grew up in a small town, predominantly Republican, in Western New York. I was taught in elementary school the Civil War was about Abraham Lincoln freeing the slaves from the evil plantation owners in the Confederate states. I just don't get why the flag of the losers who wanted to keep a racial group enslaved is something to be proudly revered and develop traditions around that are passed down from generation to generation.

But you would support other races having organization dedicated to their promotion in the world, just not white people? Why? Cuz racism?  ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 04:24:41 PM

I don't get it either. I actually used to have a confederate flag sewn on a jean jacket when I went in the air force. I sewed it on because I lived in Texas and it was just a symbol of the south to me. After about a year in the air force a black guy explained that some people took offense. This was in 1975.

He wasn't confrontational. And I couldn't really defend it in any way other than how I just did so I ended up cutting it off. I still have the jacket and the fabric is darker where I had that patch.

Now ask yourself why this is an issue today. Donald Trump did not erect the Robert E Lee statues and did not cause any state flags to include the confederate battle flag. This whole narrative about Trump being a racist is bullshit. The liberals got defeated in the polls and now they have to stir up crap by being divisive.

p.s. Oh yeah. The first 4 years I was stationed in Plattsburgh.

Zenman

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 10:07:07 AM
There is no first amendment issue here for professional sports. You are working for a company, wearing their logo. If they tell you to stand respectfully then it should be a condition of employment. If the owner says you can kneel or sit then it is a fan decision to watch or not.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. And team members and coaches have enough distractions going on as it is while they're trying to get ready to win a game. As far as Trump goes, I think it's ok if he wants to express his opinion on such things, but I also think he spends way too much time doing so when there are better things to talk about. And I most definitely think he spends too much time antagonizing Elton John.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zenman on September 24, 2017, 04:40:59 PM
That pretty much sums it up for me as well. And team members and coaches have enough distractions going on as it is while they're trying to get ready to win a game. As far as Trump goes, I think it's ok if he wants to express his opinion on such things, but I also think he spends way too much time doing so when there are better things to talk about. And I definitely think he spends too much time antagonizing Elton John.

Is Bernie Taupin still alive?

LadyFish

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2017, 02:19:01 PM

All that stuff may have been going on in the 80's, but my husband LOVES football. In the 1980's he loved the USFL and having pro football in the Spring. When Trump bought the New Jersey Generals, it was great at first - awesome players and exciting. My husband even attended some USFL games in the Midwest & loved the league.

Then Trump became greedy, wanted to make it more profitable  and go against the NFL in the Fall. The USFL went to court and won their $3 in damages from the NFL  and then folded completely, instead of becoming bigger and better.  That is why my husband thinks Trump is a big dick - he helped ruin Spring pro football.

Zenman

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 04:42:31 PM
Is Bernie Taupin still alive?

Lol, I think he is. If not, he's probably spinning around a bit as we speak.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 04:44:19 PM

All that stuff may have been going on in the 80's, but my husband LOVES football. In the 1980's he loved the USFL and having pro football in the Spring. When Trump bought the New Jersey Generals, it was great at first - awesome players and exciting. My husband even attended some USFL games in the Midwest & loved the league.

Then Trump became greedy, wanted to make it more profitable  and go against the NFL in the Fall. The USFL went to court and won their $3 in damages from the NFL  and then folded completely, instead of becoming bigger and better.  That is why my husband thinks Trump is a big dick - he helped ruin Spring pro football.

Don't forget that he's literally Hitler too.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 04:33:28 PM
I don't get it either. I actually used to have a confederate flag sewn on a jean jacket when I went in the air force. I sewed it on because I lived in Texas and it was just a symbol of the south to me. After about a year in the air force a black guy explained that some people took offense. This was in 1975.

He wasn't confrontational. And I couldn't really defend it in any way other than how I just did so I ended up cutting it off. I still have the jacket and the fabric is darker where I had that patch.

Now ask yourself why this is an issue today. Donald Trump did not erect the Robert E Lee statues and did not cause any state flags to include the confederate battle flag. This whole narrative about Trump being a racist is bullshit. The liberals got defeated in the polls and now they have to stir up crap by being divisive.

Damn. And I was going to give you a big sloppy kiss until that last paragraph. I applaud your thoughtful decision but not your conclusion about Trump. He insinuated himself into this issue when he called violent white supremacists "good people" and equated their actions with the counter protesters. His handlers made him go back to retract the mess he made with his remarks. Twice. Trump has made it crystal clear he is a racist from his discriminatory business practices in the 80s through his birther nonsense to his stand with white supremacists as good people. And so many other examples.
It's always so easy to demean and ridicule the people who don't agree with Trump - and you - (over half the country) and revert to name calling and accusing us of silly justifications. But it's wrong and just continues to widen the division between "them" and "us" .
Btw have you seen all the video of NFL teams showing solidarity against Trump's ugly remarks? All those people are liberals butt hurt because Hillary didn't win? Like Belichick for one of hundreds?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 05:08:41 PM
Damn. And I was going to give you a big sloppy kiss until that last paragraph. I applaud your thoughtful decision but not your conclusion about Trump. He insinuated himself into this issue when he said there was callers violent white supremacists "good people" and equated their actions with the counter protesters. His handlers made him go back to retract the mess he made with his remarks. Twice.

The whole narrative is complete bullshit. Heather (the morbidly obese woman you see carrying the pack of cigarettes) wasn't even hit by the supposed Nazi (schizophrenic off his drugs), she died of a heart attack after being pushed down by Antifa people. You can see it in the video taken that day and her "mom" admits it.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Ll0F3uhDs

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 24, 2017, 01:42:23 PM
Hey TL!
At least Trump didn't insult the mothers of the players by saying they were bitches...Oh hang on he did.  :-\

Very Presidential.

Don't worry, I am sure the moral political "religious"  right will condem such dishonorable  comments about mothers any second now

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 05:08:41 PM
Damn. And I was going to give you a big sloppy kiss until that last paragraph. I applaud your thoughtful decision but not your conclusion about Trump. He insinuated himself into this issue when he called violent white supremacists "good people" and equated their actions with the counter protesters. His handlers made him go back to retract the mess he made with his remarks. Twice. Trump has made it crystal clear he is a racist from his discriminatory business practices in the 80s through his birther nonsense to his stand with white supremacists as good people. And so many other examples.
It's always so easy to demean and ridicule the people who don't agree with Trump - and you - (over half the country) and revert to name calling and accusing us of silly justifications. But it's wrong and just continues to widen the division between "them" and "us" .
Btw have you seen all the video of NFL teams showing solidarity against Trump's ugly remarks? All those people are liberals butt hurt because Hillary didn't win? Like Belichick for one of hundreds?

I can dress you up, but I can't take you out. Oh well. I don't remember any name calling. Must have been the use of the word "liberal".

Why hasn't Belichick (sp?) signed Kaepernick?  None of this would be in the news if he had.

😘

p.s. It was the Clinton campaign that started the birther nonsense.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 05:18:00 PM
I can dress you up, but I can't take you out. Oh well. I don't remember any name calling. Must have been the use of the word "liberal".

Why hasn't Belichick (sp?) signed Kaepernick?  None of this would be in the news if he had.

😘

p.s. It was the Clinton campaign that started the birther nonsense.

Well, you can dress me up.  Don't try to tell me you weren't sneering when you typed "liberal"; I blame Kaepernick if he turned down a back up qb position; the "Hillary started it" defense is so weak but say that's true (it's not) Trump milked that sick cow for years and proudly became the nominal leader of the birther movement. And pouted like toddler when his handlers finally made him retract it

Gd5150

This nonsense started with Obama in his 1st term when he gave blind support to so-called victims of police violence, and publicly convicted police, without an investigation, or evidence, or trial. Now where have we seen this recently? Hint: it rhymes with Russian collusion. Quite typical of the ignorant left. Judge 1st, prey on the ignorant's emotions, ignore facts, divide and hate. Encourage rioting and infringing on other people's rights. Standard playbook of the left. And their ignorant lemmings are more than happy to follow orders. Kaepernick was just a loser lemming who's career was over so he decided to try to grab some publicity.

These people sitting are accomplishing nothing as usual with all lemming protests. They don't even know why they're protesting, as usual with all lemming protests. They ignore the 1000s killed in inner city violence every year so they can whine about an infinitesimal amount of police brutality.

And now they're cutting off their own heads. They are not encouraging a discussion. They are not persuading anyone. And the people they hate, pay their bills. Let's see how well professional sports do when they try to rely on the black community for their vast wealth. Dat $15 minimum wage goin be mo impotent dan dey realize.

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 05:24:36 PM
Well, you can dress me up.  Don't try to tell me you weren't sneering when you typed "liberal"; I blame Kaepernick if he turned down a back up qb position; the "Hillary started it" defense is so weak but say that's true (it's not) Trump milked that sick cow for years and proudly became the nominal leader of the birther movement. And pouted like toddler when his handlers finally made him retract it

Hey TL, I'll take that left over big sloppy kiss if no one else claims it.  :-*

LadyFish

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2017, 04:33:28 PM

In the 70s, my parents used to take us kids for our annual 2 week vacation camping on the St. Lawrence Seaway near Massena. We used to take some day trips(Dad spent most of the day relaxing away from us kids out on the boat fishing!). I don't remember  going to Plattsburgh, but do remember  going to Ausable Chasm - I still have the teacup that my mom bought as a souvenir of our trip!

As to Trump being racist, who knows for sure? If Trump was on BellGab, he would be one of the biggest trolls, with lots of shitposting just to stir the pot. He is an attention whore and thrives on  flaming controversy.

Zenman

Announcer just said Raiders were gonna stay in the locker room for the anthem but they would've automatically lost the coin toss and also would've been in danger of a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.

LadyFish

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2017, 04:30:03 PM
But you would support other races having organization dedicated to their promotion in the world, just not white people? Why? Cuz racism?  ???

If they weren't trying to lynch another race, I would probably be okay with it.

Love your avatar, Doc!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: LadyFish on September 24, 2017, 06:37:36 PM
If they weren't trying to lynch another race, I would probably be okay with it.

Love your avatar, Doc!

Thanks! So, you're saying you don't think it's possible for white people to have an organization that promotes their advancement in the world without being racist or having a racist agenda?  ???