• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

littlechris

Quote from: Darth Sandra on February 22, 2016, 08:02:41 PM
I just don't like fathers who abandon their children.

Oh damn girl!! He he.

Quote from: laserjock on February 22, 2016, 08:24:16 PM
Art is a huckster and it feels liberating to tell him it. I've insisted the opposite for so long, but I guess admitting it to myself is half the battle. Art, the best thing you could do for your legacy is to confess and move on, people might even forgive you for it because you are so damned talented and likable. But, you are a huckster promoter, and that's what your career and empire are built upon. At least, even IF I am a bum now, I've done productive things and made a difference in my life before now.

Huckster. Bell and Trump.

Bruv, this isn't Art Anonymous.

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 22, 2016, 08:23:57 PM
I love that "Cuck" is used at such a great frequency.  It's such a perfect word.

It's amusing that the only one who misuses the word is Cuckadelo.

WOTR

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 22, 2016, 08:18:57 PM
IDK, its all speculation but it all kinda makes sense to me. I see this through a new lens and at least in my eyes the shit finally makes sense- Its all a matter of opinion though, like everything else.
I just remembered the first post (I believe) where I directly responded to you... Is it safe to say that you have joined the ranks of Bellgabs domesticated trolls?  ;)
Quote from: WOTR on December 30, 2015, 01:28:31 AM
What the hell kind of troll are you?  If you don't stop making sense and get back to your trollish "online persona" I will have to feed you indiscriminately until you get intellectually lazy, loose your trolling "edge" and are stuck here as a domesticated troll.

Art Bell

I have had mild COPD for a couple of Years, Again just for the record, the COPD has come on much more in the last Months, I am not yet on oxygen but I am sure my time is coming. Everything with the Stalker went down exactly as I have told too many times now. I have never lied to you and if there are times I don't tell you everything it is for security.

I have always been a open book with my life and until it's done I will continue to do so. I fully understand people will keep making up stuff which I guess is just part of modern Internet life. My choices have at times sucked but lie I would never do. I will remain a Bell Gabber.

Art

Riley Martian

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 22, 2016, 08:10:03 PM
Richard Hoagland had no idea what he had.
Some fuckboi who cries on the internet. I am sure Richard misses him a lot.
You should pop some more pills, junkie.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on February 22, 2016, 08:31:31 PM
I have had mild COPD for a couple of Years, Again just for the record, the COPD has come on much more in the last Months, I am not yet on oxygen but I am sure my time is coming. Everything with the Stalker went down exactly as I have told too many times now. I have never lied to you and if there are times I don't tell you everything it is for security.

I have always been a open book with my life and until it's done I will continue to do so. I fully understand people will keep making up stuff which I guess is just part of modern Internet life. My choices have at times sucked but lie I would never do. I will remain a Bell Gabber.

Art

Don't worry about us. This is an election year. We have all kinds of stuff to bitch at each other about.

Take care of yourself.

Roswells, Art

Art

Glad you will be a gabber. It's just that you always seemed like a fighter, not one to turn the other cheek.  That's why it's hard for some of us to believe you would handle a stalker this way.

WOTR

Quote from: laserjock on February 22, 2016, 08:02:43 PM
Shame on you Art, you marry a non white yet support the worst racist in modern politics for POTUS. I bet deep inside your wife, if she dared, would have something to say about that...
I'm going to finally have to say it... Your fucked.

You spent months kissing Art's ass wanting him to acknowledge you and bringing up your wife to form a "common bond."  And overnight you went from that to this?

So many posters have left in a huff that I cannot keep them straight.  Are you the one who left because people were not politically correct about sexual orientation?  If so, what brings you back (just to tell us all that you now hate Art?  Did he forget to support the right cause in order to remain in your good books?  Is it because Art likes Trump?)

laserjock

Yes, it seems more evident, Art felt the need for more money and so he started a show in order to start a business that could go on without his voice on air so he'd have an income for his child bride.

Damn, I can't believe I am saying that, I've stuck up for him for a long time, but now I realize what a sucker I've been. But think about it, he built his career on giving hucksters a voice.

I'm not claiming there aren't UFOs, I've seen them myself. But claiming that Lasers are Alien technology is bullshit, and most of his guests were full of crap. And yet, it was fun for the most part. But what Art has, while part vision, part talent, is not necessarily human greatness. I can play guitar, but it doesn't make me a great man, though yeah, I'm not that talented either.

I suppose there are different definitions of what greatness is, after all, in some ways, at least, Miles Davis was a great man. A huge asshole who beat his women, but he had amazing talent. So, yeah, Art WAS great for a while, but an ass-hat too. It hurts to say it though.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WOTR on February 22, 2016, 08:36:07 PM
I'm going to finally have to say it... Your fucked.

You spent months kissing Art's ass wanting him to acknowledge you and bringing up your wife to form a "common bond."  And overnight you went from that to this?

So many posters have left in a huff that I cannot keep them straight.  Are you the one who left because people were not politically correct about sexual orientation?  If so, what brings you back (just to tell us all that you now hate Art?  Did he forget to support the right cause in order to remain in your good books?)

Hah, you remember too.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Riley Martian on February 22, 2016, 08:34:27 PM

Hi Richard.

trostol

Quote from: Riley Martian on February 22, 2016, 08:34:27 PM

yes and look what the show has turned into since Ross left..one gigantic crap fest of weekly replays..or guests coming on over and over..he has gone from excellent shows to more or less pseudopolitical and new age bullshit and he if getting crazier and crazier by the day

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on February 22, 2016, 08:38:36 PM
yes and look what the show has turned into since Ross left..one gigantic crap fest of weekly replays..or guests coming on over and over..he has gone from excellent shows to more or less pseudopolitical and new age bullshit and he if getting crazier and crazier by the day

He's just following his model. It's in the data.

gabrielle

Art

I don't think people know an honest person when they see one these days Art.   There seems to be a generational factor involved as well, though it is hard to determine here. 

Roswells, Art

I have always been a open book with my life and until it's done I will continue to do so.

Art

So Ouija board story? Heh, jk. I ask because I'm interested in the subject.

MikeJ

Well, I had been maintaining my subscription in the hopes that Art would return.  It now seems like this is highly unlikely.  Given that I have only listened to pieces of maybe 2 or 3 shows in the last month, I think it is time to pull the plug on MITD and this entire 3 year-old fiasco, going back to Art's "big announcement" teases about Sirius.

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 22, 2016, 08:42:00 PM
He's just following his model. It's in the data.

his data is bad i tell you

Art

Thank you for explaining that, Art.  I wish you and your family the best and I really pray that the COPD miraculously fades.  You are missed.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on February 22, 2016, 08:43:28 PM
his data is bad i tell you

He's not stopping until he has Spence on 19.5 times this year.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: WOTR on February 22, 2016, 08:30:53 PM
I just remembered the first post (I believe) where I directly responded to you... Is it safe to say that you have joined the ranks of Bellgabs domesticated trolls?  ;)
Eh, I havnt been trolling in a long time- I just call it like I see it.

I'm the type that doesnt hold so strongly to an opinion that I get blinded to any new information. If i were , I would still be a Liberal like I was at uni (I was hardcore lib...).

I try to look at things through my own experiences with the World and people and motivations and using my limited information- I try to form my beliefs. However, my beliefs are dynamic and not set in stone. In politics it amuses me sometimes when "flip flopper" is used as an insult when frankly it should be an insult to be so attached to your own opinion that you will not allow  new information to change it. to admit you were wrong....Im wrong all the fucking time bro- King of wrong.

I still dont believe the stalker story- But I can now kind of understand it. I think I can kinda understand the bigger picture a whole lot more even though I have to speculate to fill in the gaps.

Thats why its all speculation and opinion about fucking everything and we just choose what we want to bewlieve based on our limited information and understanding.

-That one guy is still a fag though. That wont change with new information.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 22, 2016, 08:44:42 PM
He's not stopping until he has Spence on 19.5 times this year.

that shouldnt be long then

laserjock

And that is part of the crux of the problem, as my BIL said, the "new" show was just more of the old, the "same old shit", same old guests, not ground breaking.

Yes, I thought I had something in common with Art, but I didn't. My woman is neither a child bride, nor have I renamed her (and her name could be mistaken also, something that often happens with many Pinoy names for Americans), and that I dared love someone from elsewhere, but I had Art wrong. And no, I am not pissed about that, why should I care other than feel annoyed about it?

And yes, I am ashamed I was a sucker. Art, I wasn't a troll, and you might insist that somehow suddenly those like me that don't believe your lines any more are trolls, well, we aren't, you are going to have to live with the idea that you just don't have credibility even with some really die hard fans now.

If someone had been shooting at me, and endangering my wife and kid, I'd damned well have hired guns and NOT cowered away from the stage to give them just what they wanted. Giving them what they wanted just encourages them to terrify us more.

And, for the record, call your wife her born name, she probably says she doesn't mind, but deep inside it does, but it suits your narrative to call her something that isn't her given name, huh? What about thinking for her and what she'd want?

You are a huckster Art, your career is built on it, and you've insisted that hucksters were being honest, we've all seen or heard you do that, and we all knew it was true. That's the key to your career. And I envied you once, but no longer do, but I don't envy Miles Davis any longer either.

Quote from: laserjock on February 22, 2016, 08:52:17 PM
And that is part of the crux of the problem, as my BIL said, the "new" show was just more of the old, the "same old shit", same old guests, not ground breaking.

Yes, I thought I had something in common with Art, but I didn't. My woman is neither a child bride, nor have I renamed her (and her name could be mistaken also, something that often happens with many Pinoy names for Americans), and that I dared love someone from elsewhere, but I had Art wrong. And no, I am not pissed about that, why should I care other than feel annoyed about it?

And yes, I am ashamed I was a sucker. Art, I wasn't a troll, and you might insist that somehow suddenly those like me that don't believe your lines any more are trolls, well, we aren't, you are going to have to live with the idea that you just don't have credibility even with some really die hard fans now.

If someone had been shooting at me, and endangering my wife and kid, I'd damned well have hired guns and NOT cowered away from the stage to give them just what they wanted. Giving them what they wanted just encourages them to terrify us more.

And, for the record, call your wife her born name, she probably says she doesn't mind, but deep inside it does, but it suits your narrative to call her something that isn't her given name, huh? What about thinking for her and what she'd want?

You are a huckster Art, your career is built on it, and you've insisted that hucksters were being honest, we've all seen or heard you do that, and we all knew it was true. That's the key to your career. And I envied you once, but no longer do, but I don't envy Miles Davis any longer either.

Jesus Dude.  Let it go.

I give you credit though.  You do sound like a typical Bernie Sanders supporter with your irrationality and prose.

WOTR

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 22, 2016, 08:46:24 PM
Eh, I havnt been trolling in a long time- I just call it like I see it.

I know... And I actually enjoy most of your posts (the exchange with Nxoeed was interesting to read both of your thoughts about the new media.)  I actually kept meaning to type up a more cynical pov that the medium will be cooped by the established media, but had not got there yet.  Hearing that the Ryan Reynolds interview on youtube broke 2 million hits in a week or something just adds fuel to my cynicism that talent will be able to disrupt the traditional money backed stars.

When I typed that response a couple of months ago it was because I figured you would actually fit in here (yeah, the dolphin is still hunting, but that gun he is toting has rusted from the sea water.) ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: laserjock on February 22, 2016, 08:52:17 PM

We already have someone here that makes long posts, her name is ShreddyVagoo and she is interesting.  You'll never beat her.