• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 12:25:47 PM
you like to club others who disagree

To be fair, his people call it Maize.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 28, 2016, 12:21:14 PM
LOL. Halal chicken gyros from a pushcart, anyone? I had to stop eating those for the obvious reasons.
It's a vicious cycle.

Diabhal

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 01:29:04 PM
Feel free to call me a pussy
Watch your gosh darn language, young man.

Art Bell

My opinion of this whole Stalker thing is that it was designed to scare me (which it did). If somebody had wanted to kill me, I would be dead. No question, when somebody comes to the dead end street directly in from of my Studio house and fired off several high powered Rifle rounds with no holes in the house, it's a scare tactic.

Then a guy is outside my house, then a shot is fired as I get to my gate. Both long stories but again designed (I think) to scare me.

What I could not be sure of and still am not, is would this proceed to something more deadly if I let it play out. The real stopper was Airyn and Asia. Perhaps some of you would have told your Wife no, not me. So as I said in a earlier post if that makes me a pussy, so be it.

Art

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 28, 2016, 09:01:26 AM
I don't think you can be labelled a troll if you are there talking to him and asking questions. It's not the Nuremberg Trials, and it would be just a matter of raising the questions that people want to hear about. It would be about hearing his reaction to the questions as much as the answers themselves. If they are feeble answers then that's how they come across. Nobody wants to hear him be called names or attacked, because there is not enough riding on it for that sort of approach to be worthwhile.

Art isn't a practiced interviewee. He hardly ever puts himself in the position of having to explain himself. When he tries to do that he seems to raise more questions in turn, rather than put matters to rest. When you hear someone who has had media training the results are so dull as to be not worth bothering with. Art isn't managed by anyone, and couldn't play the media game whether he wanted to or not.

When he is taking calls on his show he will still sound like he's the boss. It would be a disappointment, and the temptation would always be there to cut people off, or for the callers to be needlessly sycophantic.

This here is the element that might be most interesting about this interview. I've heard Art interviewed but I've never heard it happen when he needed to explain himself. Usually, it's just a short speech at the beginning of his show. No questions and no follow-up questions.

The other interesting but hidden element is his motivation for doing the interview and how that affects what he says. Beyond the obvious reasons (making nice with his fans, etc.), I have to wonder what he thinks a "good" performance might accomplish or what negative results a "bad" performance might have. What, if anything, is at stake for him, in his opinion?

There are definitely more reasons to listen than just getting answers and more information.

EDIT:

Hi Art, you're here again. Hope we get a good Gabcast tonight. Looking forward to hearing your words.

Philosopher

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 01:24:09 PM
My opinion of this whole Stalker thing is that it was designed to scare me (which it did). If somebody had wanted to kill me, I would be dead. No question, when somebody comes to the dead end street directly in from of my Studio house and fired off several high powered Rifle rounds with no holes in the house, it's a scare tactic.

Then a guy is outside my house, then a shot is fired as I get to my gate. Both long stories but again designed (I think) to scare me.

What I could not be sure of and still am not, is would this proceed to something more deadly if I let it play out. The real stopper was Airyn and Asia. Perhaps some of you would have told your Wife no, not me. So as I said in a earlier post if that makes me a pussy, so be it.

Art

Maybe the "Stalker" was really defending you against an alien colonoscopy or an irate Mothman.  One may never know.

albrecht

Art
I don't know the laws in Nevada but besides the "criminal" side of the stalking and harassment there is most likely some civil damages/claims possible. And those courts usually require less of a burden of proof (since you have strong suspicion of who it is but cannot prove it. Think OJ getting away with murder but held responsible in civil court.) Even some letters, restraining orders, or threat of some tortious damages lawsuit could discourage the person, or bring him out into the open and then face criminal charges as well.

Wish you and your family the best and hope you come back in some capacity, in some manner. Even as a podcast or weekly more guest orientated (so you could do during the day) "dreamland" type of show.

Art

You should be more scared to get run over by a car when buying your groceries than about this stalker.
The stalker probably was aliens trying to make first contact, and you screwed it up!
Have a concealed carry, if you are confident you wont go shooting innocent people, make sure your girls can't touch them until they are smart enough to handle them.
Do you already have guns?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 28, 2016, 01:26:44 PM
This here is the element that might be most interesting about this interview. I've heard Art interviewed but I've never heard it happen when he needed to explain himself. Usually, it's just a short speech at the beginning of his show. No questions and no follow-up questions.

The other interesting but hidden element is his motivation for doing the interview and how that affects what he says. Beyond the obvious reasons (making nice with his fans, etc.), I have to wonder what he thinks a "good" performance might accomplish or what negative results a "bad" performance might have. What, if anything, is at stake for him, in his opinion?

There are definitely more reasons to listen than just getting answers and more information.

EDIT:

Hi Art, you're here again. Hope we get a good Gabcast tonight. Looking forward to hearing your words.

GABCAST is next Thursday unless I missed something.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 01:44:51 PM
Wish you and your family the best and hope you come back

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 28, 2016, 10:56:53 AM
Lots of questions I asked yesterday. And according to the "official" narrative Keith released a statement saying they are doing just fine.
http://midnightinthedesert.com/time-for-another-update-from-keith/

Oh and I just re-read this Keith says Hughes would have been the one to sit in, not Heather. Looks like we got two people on two different pages here.

Yeah, the official narrative is just one more thing to question, nothing more. You and Rekcuf have asked some of the best questions. MV just needs to pursue them until he hits a brick wall. Then we'll take a good look at the answers and especially, the brick wall.

Chronaut

Art

I think you'd all feel a lot better if this guy was caught, and I think there are safe ways to do that.  I also think that you're right; if you hadn't stopped broadcasting it probably would've escalated into a very dangerous situation.

You're faced with only two options:  taking action for a brief while to prevail, or not taking action and remaining forever compliant with the demands of a psychopath.  I couldn't live with the second option: as a matter of principle, I refuse to allow evil people to dictate the terms of my existence.  Hmm...it just occurred to me that I should probably move out of the US then...

Jackstar

Then a guy is outside my house, then a shot is fired as I get to my gate. Both long stories

Hey, if you don't have time to kill by now, there must because reason.

Meanwhile...

Dear Art: last year on the J.B. Wells program, S.D. Morton was asked about you, and in response, he spun quite a yarn.

Question One: Were you aware of that, before now?

Question Two: What, if any, might be your response to his storied claims?

Chronaut

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 28, 2016, 01:48:52 PM
Do you already have guns?

So you've never listened to his shows...why are you even here?  Art is a veteran and he's armed to the teeth.

paladin1991

Art
"The real stopper was Airyn and Asia"'

ART, how many times are you going to say it?  There are many in the world who will call you a pussy.  Hell, I think you 'Beta maled' on us here at BELLgab over the troll infestation.  *shrug*  The sun still came up the next day, you still weren't on the radio, gas is the lowest it's been in several years.....

Family First.  I get it.  So do many others.  Those who can't, it's because they don't want to.  Fuck them, ART.  They love the anonymous troll life.

I AM a fan, bro.  But I am not some gushy FaceBook fanboy.  I know the product that I purchased.  And now I can't have it.  I've been offered a new and, until recently, untested product.  And I think Heather will continue to grow.  But she keeps telling us that she is holding the mic open for your return.  I think, but I don't know, that she wants to go back to producing.  At least that's what I've been taking away. 

So if you want to come back, say the words.  If you don't want to come back, don't worry about what ppl think.  Fuck them.  Hell, fuck me.  (NO homo! It's a figure of speech)  But if you say the words, make it so. 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 01:48:54 PM
GABCAST is next Thursday unless I missed something.

Okay, thanks, you're right

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 28, 2016, 01:54:04 PM
Yeah, the official narrative is just one more thing to question, nothing more. You and Rekcuf have asked some of the best questions. MV just needs to pursue them until he hits a brick wall. The we'll take a good look at the answers and especially, the brick wall.
Thank you.  :)

3OctaveFart

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 12:10:58 PM
Serious question:

Are you guys retired or something?  I'm trying to figure out how some of you here possibly have enough time to spend hours and hours every day here arguing with each other about the most asinine, nonsensical shit ever.  I can't help but feel like a lot of the folks posting here are in desperate need of some type of hobby...

I guess even more pathetic is the fact that I read through some of it.
This thread keeps me entertained at work. I am selfish that way.

But it is running out of juice. Art should have done this pow-wow on the GabCast four weeks ago.

I would suggest putting together a list of 20 or 30 questions from the board since the Heather interview was derailed by sychos and the good questions weren't asked until Srendi "woke up" in some peoples' opinions. Have MV read and have Art address each question. That way you don't waste any opportunities and can get it all out in one shot.

I'm sure the GabCast will create more questions and controversy than it solves. But I think that's the best way to handle this round.

Art
Not a single person here would put their family in harm's way for their career.  If they say so then they are liars. 

Art, if you don't mind me asking do you think this guy may be a ghost from your past?  I heard a HAM radio convo with you on YouTube where you mentioned that "30 people lost their jobs" when you retired at some point.  Do you think, for instance, your stalker may be an old bitter ex employee or something?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 01:58:31 PM
So you've never listened to his shows...why are you even here?  Art is a veteran and he's armed to the teeth.

Right, armed to the teeth, for all the good it's done him with the ASS. In this case, he appears to be armed with the wrong weapons.

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 01:58:31 PM
So you've never listened to his shows...why are you even here?

Quite right, new fans are not fans.

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 12:29:29 PM
I will take your comment to heart. I guess I didn't see myself as clubbing anyone. I don't think I was making any personal attacks or flaming anyone.

But I value your opinion, so I will take your comment under consideration and see if I can adjust my social filter a bit.
Clubbing?  I used to love to go clubbing when I lived in California.  I don't do it so much any more.  I'm in rural Colorado.  No clubs. ;D

Art, do you want to be called a "pussy?" I don't think anyone really thinks that. You keep dangling that label, like you want someone to call you that, giving you another excuse to bail...

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 28, 2016, 02:11:10 PM
I would suggest putting together a list of 20 or 30 questions from the board since the Heather interview was derailed by sychos and the good questions weren't asked until Srendi "woke up" in some peoples' opinions.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 01:51:34 PM
I don't have any questions, and as you rightly noticed, not many others do either.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 28, 2016, 12:10:58 PM
Serious question:

Are you guys retired or something?  I'm trying to figure out how some of you here possibly have enough time to spend hours and hours every day here arguing with each other about the most asinine, nonsensical shit ever.  I can't help but feel like a lot of the folks posting here are in desperate need of some type of hobby...

I guess even more pathetic is the fact that I read through some of it.

Actually, yes.

phrodo

Art

Yep -- I figured if the stalker really wanted you dead you would be already. I am happy that it was just a scare tactic -- but sad that it worked -- and understand your decision.