• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Man, I'm ready for happy pancake time. 

albrecht

I hope Art will take on debates like he used too sometimes. Some shows were classic and funny. RCH vs Bob Greene re: the moon. The militias debate. Even the political guests (the candidates from parties who aren't allowed on the main debates.) And so on. And hopefully gets some "legitimate" guests also: music people, and what not. But however he takes the show I CAN'T WAIT!

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2015, 09:11:13 PM
I hope Art will take on debates like he used too sometimes. Some shows were classic and funny. RCH vs Bob Greene re: the moon. The militias debate. Even the political guests (the candidates from parties who aren't allowed on the main debates.) And so on. And hopefully gets some "legitimate" guests also: music people, and what not. But however he takes the show I CAN'T WAIT!
I think every RCH show will be a debate in of itself

gabrielle

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2015, 09:11:13 PM
I agree....debates were great.  My favourite shows were the ones with legitimate guests ...the ones that left your head spinning....

akwilly

open lines were my favorite but anytime he had a real scientist on were always great also

Quote from: gabrielle on July 06, 2015, 09:16:39 PM
I agree....debates were great.  My favourite shows were the ones with legitimate guests ...the ones that left your head spinning....
I hope it's more old school and open like it was before corporate started dictating things. Whether it be ufo's, conspiracies, current news, or just anything Art feels like talking about. I hope he has the freedom to do that this time. Imagine what Sirius would have been like in those regards...

b_dubb

Listening to Future Theater on DMRN and it keeps timing out / buffering. Very frustrating.

nika01

Quote from: b_dubb on July 06, 2015, 09:35:01 PM
Listening to Future Theater on DMRN and it keeps timing out / buffering. Very frustrating.

Same here, happened last night too. I have excellent internet connection so it's not me

WhiteCrow

My fear.... Hoagie's new show becomes the next 'cool' target of Bellgab's group hate mentality.

Remember how Art was tied to Bellgab's whipping post after the XFM debacle. 
The vicious and vaguely lovable gabblings were striping his flesh to the bones.

With Art, Hoagie and all paranormal hosts/guests I suspend believes and try to enjoy the ride.
Hoagie's science is of no concern for me, if he personally believes it or is huckster, I couldn't care less.
My only critique of hosts and guest is their showmanship. If they don't measure up, I tune them out and find others.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on July 06, 2015, 10:41:52 PM
My fear.... Hoagie's new show becomes the next 'cool' target of Bellgab's group hate mentality.

With Art, Hoagie and all paranormal hosts/guests I suspend believes and try to enjoy the ride.
Hoagie's science is of no concern for me, if he personally believes it or is huckster, I couldn't care less.
My only critique of hosts and guest is their showmanship. If they don't measure up, I tune them out and find others.

After listening to Hoagie for 20 years, I don't find him compelling unless he gets really pissed off so I think we should assault Hoagie with insults.  It will only make his show better.

Agreed.

When I was listening to Dark Matter and didn't know what bellgab was, it seemed he was more annoyed with bg than anything. Hoping this embrace with bg doesn't end once other people are giving him attention. We might get flamed crow, but it's legit concerns

phrodo

Quote from: Falkie_Fan on July 06, 2015, 03:25:00 PM
The early JC was "Charlie Liberal".  I think the JC that calls Noory is UFO Phil.

I think the original JC was also a caller by the name of Captain Democrat ..or something like that .. heard him call in on an archive show and swore that was JC... same inflections , same delivery , same tonality to his voice .. just a tad toned-down from the JC insanity.. but FIRMLY believe it's the same character voice.

Quote from: FortRock on July 05, 2015, 03:12:59 PM
I SAW THIS LADY IN SCOLARI'S IN TONOPAH BUYING BUD LIGHT BEER
SHE CLAIMED SHE WAS J.C.'S WIFE EDNA! YOU MEAN SHE LIED TO ME,
AND IS REALLY SOME COUNTRY'S HEAD OF STATE? PRETTY HOMELY
FOR A HEAD OF STATE! BUT I'LL BUY IT!
Commander, it is time to rally the troops. Awaiting orders: Status 7
General Jameson

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 06, 2015, 06:02:47 PM
Phil Hendrie is NOT J.C. Webster III. I believe the original J.C. was legit, but is now deceased. Whether or not it's that flunkie ufo Pissant Phil remains to be seen. I could go into great detail on the J.C. Webster saga and have put a lot of time into it over the years. I'll spare ya though for now or leave it for another thread.
Regardless, J.C. is NOT Phil. Discard any notion of that.
You are correct. It's a fact...Phil Hendrie IS NOT JC.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 06, 2015, 11:39:09 PM
Commander, it is time to rally the troops. Awaiting orders: Status 7
General Jameson
You met Hillary Clinton?

Just get out there and Blitz everyone

Art Bell

Hi everybody, just got back from a trip cut short to San Diego where I got sick as a dog from something I ate at Denny's, jeez I was sick. Really a bummer because it cut short our trip.

Art

phrodo

Wow - I didn't realize we had a "cool target" for our group hate .. I thought we just picked a random asshat and skewered it on our own. Evidently I am out of the memo-loop. Dammitall. Whoever is in charge of the group hate memos .. PLEASE add me to THE LIST. I hate to . feel . left . out .  :(

And next time we stripe Art's flesh - can I be in charge? I have an effective, yet lovely zebra-ish/Mad Max-influenced/prisoner stripe themed design that I am dying to try out on a live subject. Dead, wrinkled flesh just doesn't seem to bring out the nuances of the design...  ???

Art Bell

Anybody putting up Blitz messages thank you, I know it's not easy. I tried a big Trucker site and got banned for the effort.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:49:24 PM
Hi everybody, just got back from a trip cut short to San Diego where I got sick as a dog from something I ate at Denny's, jeez I was sick. Really a bummer because it cut short our trip.

Art

Sorry to hear that. Feel better, Art. Good old Denny's, should have went to I-Hop.

Care to mention why you were in San Diego?

phrodo

Art

Sorry to hear that Art. We usually pick Waffle House when on the road. Cheap, sleazy yes .. but they cook it in front of you. Denny's hides their cooks. Steak and Shake is another chain that lets you watch what they're cooking. If a cook has a cold or wipes a snotty nose .. well .. at least you can see it.  ;)

pyewacket

Art

Sorry to hear that, Art. I hope you're on the mend and feeling better ASAP.

I found a song for Richard C. to use as the theme music for his new show. He won't have to pay for the rights to use it. He can just get him a gift certificate to the nearest wig shop. Speaking of getting sick, anyone who listens to this will want to run to the toilet and barf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQXZJrwpHo

jazmunda

Art

Been there done that.  Hope you're feeling better.

Art Bell

We went there to get a break from the heat but should have stayed home, sick at 72 degrees is still sick.

Art

WhiteCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 06, 2015, 11:16:22 PM
After listening to Hoagie for 20 years, I don't find him compelling unless he gets really pissed off so I think we should assault Hoagie with insults.  It will only make his show better.

Don't see how insults change anything. Hoagie's an old dog, you can insult him all you want and he won't learn any new tricks. Please offer him the time to grow into his new gig as a host.

For example, I maintained that Jimmy Chunga EVP show with Brenden wasn't that bad on Art's Dark Matter Broadcast. Bellgabbers were comparing his performance to nice everyone's Mom persona of Barbara. Jimmy was no Barbara, but if never having heard Barbara to compare him to, Jimmy did a creditable and entertaining show.

Some Bellgabers went on witch hunt claiming that Chunga wasn't part of the orginal EVP team and had no right to replace Barbara. Hogwash, .....trashing Jimmy was another example of Bellgab's follow the leaders, jump on the band wagon group hate.
No different than the group trashing that was done to Keith Rowland.

I'd hate to witness the same thing done to Hoagie before he got a chance to find his footings.

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:51:33 PM
Anybody putting up Blitz messages thank you, I know it's not easy. I tried a big Trucker site and got banned for the effort.

Art
Now that, is funny.  The man who provided years of enjoyment to the transportation industry (in particular) banned from one of their boards?  :o

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:51:33 PM

Art

No worries, there just happens to be a BellGabber driving around Texas talking to truckers on CB about your return.