• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

onan

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 08, 2014, 07:49:13 PM
I meant barbiturates, as exemplified by old style sleeping pills.

Yep, barbiturates are addictive. But the significant problem isn't addiction but improper use to get high.

Barbiturates have a very narrow therapeutic range in which they alleviate symptoms to where they become toxic.

The addiction part of the equation is long term use that does lead to physiolgical addiction. At that time medical intervention is needed for safely withdrawing.

Nebraska888

I'm hoping that we've heard the last of Garr.  She's not Coast to Coast host material. 

wr250

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 10, 2014, 02:36:15 PM
I'm hoping that we've heard the last of Garr.  She's not Coast to Coast host material.

neither is noory.

yumyumtree

I think the definition of c to c host material is being revised.

b_dubb

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 10, 2014, 02:36:15 PM
But her boobs can stay

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2014, 11:51:36 PM
But her boobs can stay
Oooh.  Yes.  Indeedy.  You guys, I ever tell you that I had this huuuuge thing for her aunt, Teri?  I mean, HUGE!   

Nebraska888

Garr hosts tonight (Saturday, August 16) and her topic SUCKS BIG TIME. 

Please, get rid of her!!!   :P

cweb

QuoteUnlocking Repression

Joining host Lisa Garr (email), John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus," will discuss how our repressed emotions block the flow of love into our lives, and how we can unlock these feelings in order to let the light in. First hour guest, heir to the Baskin-Robbins empire, John Robbins talks about his work over the last 25 years looking at healthy lifestyles, the quality of food supply, organics, and GMOs.
What the... quackery?

Dear Everyone calling into the show tonight,
Please ask questions about Bigfoot.
I don't give a damn if the show is about feelings or ice cream, ask about Bigfoot.
The monster truck or the creature will do.

Remember: Bigfoot.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 16, 2014, 05:19:36 AM
Garr hosts tonight (Saturday, August 16) and her topic SUCKS BIG TIME.  ..

I'm really trying to give her a chance, since she seems nice enough, but you're right about the topics, Neb.  Organic Food + New Age Emotions does not sound promising.   :(

ItsOver

"Joining host Lisa Garr (email), John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus," will discuss how our repressed emotions block the flow of love into our lives, and how we can unlock these feelings in order to let the light in. First hour guest, heir to the Baskin-Robbins empire, John Robbins talks about his work over the last 25 years looking at healthy lifestyles, the quality of food supply, organics, and GMOs"

Damn, could there actually be something worse than Noory?  Have I died and gone to New Age Hell?

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 16, 2014, 06:02:55 PM
...Damn, could there actually be something worse than Noory?  Have I died and gone to New Age Hell?

Dude break out your healing crystals and some spirit candles.  Enjoy the journey back to your true self. 

Or if that gets boring just slam a 6-pack like me.

She will always be Chakra Khan to me.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on August 16, 2014, 06:02:55 PM
"Joining host Lisa Garr (email), John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus," will discuss how our repressed emotions block the flow of love into our lives, and how we can unlock these feelings in order to let the light in. First hour guest, heir to the Baskin-Robbins empire, John Robbins talks about his work over the last 25 years looking at healthy lifestyles, the quality of food supply, organics, and GMOs"

Damn, could there actually be something worse than Noory?  Have I died and gone to New Age Hell?

Those are both recycled past Noory guests too...  :o

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on August 16, 2014, 06:18:23 PM
Dude break out your healing crystals and some spirit candles.  Enjoy the journey back to your true self. 

I'd have to do a couple fifths of Glenlivet and a box of stoagies to counteract the overt assault of woosism.  I think I'll just watch the Lifetime channel instead.

yumyumtree

John Robbins should be an OK guest. He has his biases and agendas but he's upfront about them.

Gray is another story. I know that he's a Coast to Coast favorite, but according to a Seattle dating guru, he gamed the best seller lists with his books. He's not the only author to be accused of it. He was once married to another relationship guru, Barbara DeAngelis. They've both been married a bunch of times.

yumyumtree

Well, I apologize. According to Wikipedia, Gray is only on his second wife and they've been married 28 years. He did, however get a PhD from an unaccredited university.
DiAngelis has been married 5 times, including once to Doug Henning.

zeebo

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 16, 2014, 07:44:17 PM
... DiAngelis has been married 5 times, including once to Doug Henning.

I remember her, she was on all the mushy talk shows for years.

McPhallus

Quote from: zeebo on August 16, 2014, 07:46:02 PM

Always thought she looked a bit like a giraffe.

yumyumtree

Quote from: zeebo on August 16, 2014, 07:46:02 PM
She had a TV show if her own in the 80s or early 90s. I read a few of her books. They werent horrible. It's a rare self-help book that doesn't contain one or two good ideas.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 16, 2014, 06:58:48 PM
I'd have to do a couple fifths of Glenlivet and a box of stoagies to counteract the overt assault of woosism.  I think I'll just watch the Lifetime channel instead.

The general rule-of-thumb is for every hour of Lifetime, one alligator must be wrestled in order to de-wussify oneself.

Norm MacDonald did an excellent Dr. John Gray.  I sure wish I could find it instead of just making a lame post about it.

VtaGeezer

Maybe Garr belongs on Oprah as a feature; but C2C...no way. It'll be KTNN and Navaho sings tonight.

cweb

I made an honest attempt at listening to the show. And-- pass.

Lisa has a nice voice and a pleasant disposition. But part of the appeal of Coast is/was the potential for a darker edge to things.

It's clear that the powers that be at Coast are trying to give the non-Noory hosts something in their wheelhouse. Knapp likes UFO shows, but is versatile enough for others. Syrett had that great R. Gary Patterson show recently. Schrader can do the demon/ghost thing well.

This New Age stuff is, quite frankly, boring as fuck. "Let's feel good by eating organic foods and hugging each other." How about let's feel good by listening to someone talk about something out of the ordinary. If they can't give Lisa an opportunity to show that she can do an edgy paranormal show, her hosting talents are best used elsewhere.

Morgus

Quote from: cweb on August 17, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

Lisa has a nice voice and a pleasant disposition. But part of the appeal of Coast is/was the potential for a darker edge to things.

It's clear that the powers that be at Coast are trying to give the non-Noory hosts something in their wheelhouse. Knapp likes UFO shows, but is versatile enough for others. Syrett had that great R. Gary Patterson show recently. Schrader can do the demon/ghost thing well.

This New Age stuff is, quite frankly, boring as fuck. "Let's feel good by eating organic foods and hugging each other." How about let's feel good by listening to someone talk about something out of the ordinary. If they can't give Lisa an opportunity to show that she can do an edgy paranormal show, her hosting talents are best used elsewhere.

This must all be part of the "new direction" for c2c that Noory alluded to months back when John B Wells was fired (or quit according to Noory)...  8)

wr250

maybe she can do a show on the elusive shadowgator.

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 16, 2014, 11:19:31 PM
Maybe Garr belongs on Oprah as a feature; but C2C...no way. It'll be KTNN and Navaho sings tonight.

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!!!!  SHE NEEDS TO GO BYE BYE!   8)

Nebraska888

YOU ARE ALSO 100% CORRECT!!!!   :D   DUMP LISA NOW!  NPR IS WAITING!

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on August 16, 2014, 06:18:23 PM

"6-pack"????

Start at 12.   ;)

ShayP

Quote from: McPhallus on August 16, 2014, 08:11:49 PM
Always thought she looked a bit like a giraffe.

:o  Wow. 

Yep....giraffe.  LMAO!  ;D