• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

nika01

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 03:09:15 AM
On the other hand, Nancy's is a support show for MITD, as is Richard's, and a bit of promo here for either or both I'd think would be a good thing and beneficial to the cause. Also, maybe not as relevant, but Nancy has been a long-time member here, and a fairly prolific post contributor, whereas Richard has never posted here as far as I know.

Just my one cent worth, after taxes and inflation.
Don't see how RCH could possibly host a "support" show for Art Bell. I have heard him ad nauseum over the years and , in my opinion, he simply does not have the breadth, patience, or personality to fill this kind of roll. If that is what is truly planned, I foresee major difficulties . Perhaps the intent is for RCH to just do his own thing, which makes more sense. In either event, my feeling is that it will be a mercifully short run. I don't wish RCH success because of the numerous whoppers he has promulgated over the years. He does great harm to serious fringe science, in my opinion.

paladin1991

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
OMG, HR Mgr is here overnight, they're about to fire the boss.
Questioning each of us, taking notes, very unpleasant.
On the other hand, I loves me some RCH. Can't wait.

Was it...

https://youtu.be/fCkTVESc0fQ?t=25s

paladin1991

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2015, 11:11:32 PM
Incompetent, with a big, inappropriate mouth, but he left me alone.
Oh.  You talking about me?

paladin1991

Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 11:15:29 PM

All that I can say is that at least you have an HR manager not afraid to do her job and that people did not have to resort to other methods...

Why's it gotta be a woman?

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 01, 2015, 09:14:05 AM

I just flipped through my School district's HR directory, 12 members strong, all female. Teaching 8 years, can't remember anyone but females in HR. Maybe just this industry.

I'll take that cookie on Friday Paladin, gotta pass the annual urine test on Thursday. These last few weeks have sucked. Every year. Just legalize it already.

stepsten

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 03:09:15 AM
On the other hand, Nancy's is a support show for MITD, as is Richard's, and a bit of promo here for either or both I'd think would be a good thing and beneficial to the cause. Also, maybe not as relevant, but Nancy has been a long-time member here, and a fairly prolific post contributor, whereas Richard has never posted here as far as I know.

Just my one cent worth, after taxes and inflation.

this...nancy is nothing if not a huge art bell supporter. obviously she would have preferred to have her show on DMDN, but the gods have willed it to rch. hell, bill and nancy have been plugging art's return on future theater every week since the announcement.

besides, this is an art bell thread, not an rch thread.

No Quarter

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 12:22:27 AM
Cool! Thanks for the updated trivia. Did not know that. Rick Grimes is Ian Anderson's son-in-law. Small world indeed. Pink Floyd is on my list too of course. Couldn't believe how different JT's music was than everyone else's when I first heard it. Stand Up, was it? You do know we are Prog Heads, right?

Prog Head here, too!
List includes, but not limited to (and in no particular order) -
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull (I even have my name on the inner sleeve of Crest of a Knave)
ELP
Yes
King Crimson

Some newer/current prog bands worth checking out, imo -
Porcupine Tree
Djam Karet
Ozric Tentacles
Opeth (if you can get past the occasional screaming, death-metal vocals)

VegasI15

RCH is a great choice to put on the network.   He will make for great radio.  Anyone that doubts his ability need to read Richard's bio.  Starting with Science Advisor for CBS during the later Apollo missions.....

Roswells, Art

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 30, 2015, 12:30:52 PM
Oh my....isn't Venus something to see? Just spectacular.

K....since you asked....my thoughts on this conjunction. I did write about it on my web site in my Thursday pre-column, but here it is again...sort of.

For about the next six weeks a kind of 'wishing time' of luck will be upon us....no  Venus Jupiter conjunction could be anything but. However, this is very different....it is what we call 'mundane'. In other words, it will effect larger things, like countries and economies and war policies much more strongly than usual.

I've written about this before, but watch the economy of Greece, Spain and France to send Europe (and even further) into a tailspin....lots of rioting, panic. Also, expect China to make some very bizarre economic and perhaps military announcements within the next six weeks or so and continue on with such actions for about 14 months. Laws and governmental policies in the US and in Canada (both countries founded near this date back in history) will shift dramatically over the next 14 months...but expect to see some 'pre-cursors' to this within the next 6 weeks. The dark horse in all of this is Russia...watch Russia.

It is no accident, by the way, that the US and Canada were founded in early July. There is only one day per year that our Sun is directly aligned with the planet Sirius and that is......wait for it.....July 4th. Astrologically, it is a terribly powerful day. The founders of both the US and of Canada would have been keenly aware of such things.

When Jupiter is in Sagittarius, that is where the term 'born under a lucky star' comes from. That kind of luck is uncanny, immediate and dramatic. But Jupiter and Venus are both conjunct in the sign of Leo....which is semi-square to Sagittarius...so the kind of luck experienced now will be hidden luck, unexpected turns of 'karma' and the emergence of all that has been kept purposely out of the public view. Leo also rules ideals about money, will power and social identity. This will occur (ie: be both a challenge and an opportunity for healthy exposure)  for a minimum of the next 14 months and will effect both individuals and nations alike.

lol You asked.

“She laughed, and straight away the sky was serene in that quarter.” â€" Ovid, Fasti 3, Of Venus

I'm really behind on this thread but wanted to thank you for posting this. Very interesting.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2015, 11:58:38 AM
he he...hits just keep on a comin!

Some people say the Egg on Face is just a light trick.... not RCH.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Skunk Ape on July 01, 2015, 12:10:56 PM
Some people say the Egg on Face is just a light trick.... not RCH.

I think the egg is real, but what's behind it is bogus.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 01, 2015, 11:54:20 AM
I'm really behind on this thread but wanted to thank you for posting this. Very interesting.

You are most welcome. Spectacular conjunction, that was.

RoseGirl

Oh...and I think the test broadcast for Bella-Haven went just marvie. Had a blast! We will keep you posted for when more is coming.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 01, 2015, 12:18:28 PM
I think the egg is real, but what's behind it is bogus.
An entertaining avatar, SciFi.  Dave looks good as an ostrich. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2015, 12:27:47 PM
An entertaining avatar, SciFi.  Dave looks good as an ostrich.

Thank you, I call the work "The Jorchocalypse".

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 01, 2015, 12:34:37 PM
Thank you, I call the work "The Jorchocalypse".
Ha!  "The Epic Battle for Richard."  I believe it was foretold in one of the many books Jorch hasn't read. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Northern Nights on July 01, 2015, 06:42:10 AM
It seems like Coast was deliberately dumbed down in the Noory era by someone up high in order to bring ridicule to the subject of UFO's,
It does seem that way.

Quotenow with Art going independent that's no longer a concern.

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 01, 2015, 09:14:05 AM
Quite simply put, I was projecting.  There are a group of us having to work around a HR manager who refuses to her job.  Out of a department of 15 people, 7 complained in one day and it was met with suggestions of "you may be happier somewhere else" and one firing within a couple of weeks. 

Now there is stuff in the works to get around the sycophant toddie that is ht HR manager- and I related my situation to the one in question... Hence, a female HR manager...

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
Ha!  "The Epic Battle for Richard."  I believe it was foretold in one of the many books Jorch hasn't read.
But he will send you an unread copy if you win a C2Csinging contest consisting of renditions of Auld Lang Syne. He also will send you an unread copy of one of the books if tell him you are interested in the subject but you are shut-in, with bad medical conditions, very poor, and that you are blind.

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
I think that Jorch should have consulted his biblical code guy.  Certainly if the bible makes reference to Dave several times, it would make mention of this event?

Jackstar

Quote from: wotr1 on July 01, 2015, 01:20:44 PM
Quite simply put, I was projecting.  There are a group of us having to work around a HR manager who refuses to her job.  Out of a department of 15 people, 7 complained in one day and it was met with suggestions of "you may be happier somewhere else" and one firing within a couple of weeks. 

Now there is stuff in the works to get around the sycophant toddie that is ht HR manager- and I related my situation to the one in question... Hence, a female HR manager...

Just so you know--this has made your story even more confusing. Carry on.

gabrielle

The vampire fish on Art's facebook page is freaking me out.  I have the image of it permanently burned in my mind.  Gross.

FortRock

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2015, 01:24:27 PM

Just so you know--this has made your story even more confusing. Carry on.
In my first post, I had actually wrote out part of the plan to get rid of an abusive tyrannical CEO who runs the place like a fiefdom...  Then I edited it out.

The long and the short of it is that if HR will not take action when many of the staff have started taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication, and go to her for help, there has to be another option.  It is purposely confusing as I have decided that posting the plan here (even though I do not believe anybody actually knows me) is simply not a good idea considering the stakes and the importance of success.

The point of the story is that our HR manager is useless, impotent, and a part of the problem while she protects a tyrannical bully who appears to believe that public humiliation and abuse are acceptable in a workplace environment.

I hope this is now clear as mud... ;D

Art Bell

I see Dave has not logged in to explain this latest mess away, good. I know they watch everything here like a hawk so here is the deal, let me live in peace and just try to do a good show and I will not in any way come after you. Consider this yet another peace offering.

However if you come at us again, all bets are off. Remember, you are the big company and I am a small start up nothing at this point and every time you come at me it only hurts you.

Art

Zenman

Quote from: No Quarter on July 01, 2015, 11:03:47 AM
Prog Head here, too!
List includes, but not limited to (and in no particular order) -
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull (I even have my name on the inner sleeve of Crest of a Knave)
ELP
Yes
King Crimson

Some newer/current prog bands worth checking out, imo -
Porcupine Tree
Djam Karet
Ozric Tentacles
Opeth (if you can get past the occasional screaming, death-metal vocals)

Greetings, fellow Prog Head! Yes, Yes and King Crimson belong in that group. Thanks for the leads, I'll check them out. We could also probably start some controversy by adding Moody Blues to the first group.

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on July 01, 2015, 02:15:53 PM
I see Dave has not logged in to explain this latest mess away, good. I know they watch everything here like a hawk so here is the deal, let me live in peace and just try to do a good show and I will not in any way come after you. Consider this yet another peace offering.

However if you come at us again, all bets are off. Remember, you are the big company and I am a small start up nothing at this point and every time you come at me it only hurts you.

Art

Zenman

Quote from: Art Bell on July 01, 2015, 02:15:53 PM

Art

So, that's what that evil vibe is that hangs over this forum from time to time.

Very generous offer you make, Art. I'm sure they'll talk it over with the lawyers.