• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Trying to get the full digital file of all art's shows

Started by JCcabra, August 11, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

JCcabra

OK go easy on me I'm a new registrant here, although I've been reading your posts for years.

I was a Streamlink subscriber, downloaded hundreds of episodes but deleted them after listening on my device next day. Should have saved them, I know. Now, for the past several years I have been listening to Art's (NEVER Snory) shows on the various outlets that you are all likely aware of -(Essential, Art always, Ultimate art etc.) primarily using the 5-0 police scanner app (hi-def radio feeds subfolder)
One by one though, they all went dark except for Ultimate Art-which was dead for three consecutive nights this week. (it came back on last night wheww) I have been saying for months that it's only a matter of time before that channel goes dark completely, so enjoy it while it lasts. BUT once I was without my buddy Art for the first time in 23 years I freaked out!

Now I have been noticing a number of nice people talking on this forum about compiling the entire Art library for torrent download or direct play etc. I went to that link and was able to play 2 individual shows successfully last night. Fantastic! However, I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. Someone mentioned he or she had 1300 shows arranged, labeled, collated, dated etc.

Is there a place to download all 1300 shows? Does it cost anything and if so how much? Do you have better instructions for accessing the files as I may not be doing it correctly?

Even though I'm "old" I have decent, up to date, computer, tablet, media player and smartphone skills. I think I'm just missing a piece of the puzzle. (no I wasn't trying to download to my phone or tablet, I was using a laptop with a Terabyte of storage) Any advice is appreciated. 1994-1999 ART shows are better than any podcast out there, and I am a subscriber to MANY.

I assume it has been said many times but I will echo the sentiment. It was never about end of world prophesies that didn't happen or impending alien disclosure, or any of the usual stereotypes associated with us listeners (tin foil hat is fightin' words for me). ART COULD RECITE THE PHONE BOOK AND KEEP ME ENTHRALLED when he was at the top of his game in the 90's. It was at least for me, the mastery of the man no matter what the subject and his laconic, dry humor handling callers who had no idea how interesting HE WAS MAKING THEM SOUND for us, and obviously for his own entertainment at times as well. Yeah I know Art has his issues-don't we all? That has nothing to do with his vast knowledge of broadcasting and professionalism that came across in every show. But you know this so...

I tried to explain this to a podcast host who interviewed Snoory recently, calling him the "greatest radio interviewer in the world" I almost puked and HAD to message that podcaster and surprise, he responded.  Young(er) people just don't understand what Art meant to us and how he likely saved thousands from going insane with insomnia for decades.

SNoory and his damn turmeric, rhymes with pathetic. I was taking that stuff in the seventies georgie boy.

I would like to get the continuous , non commercial feed I have been listening to on various outlets for some time but that will end, more sooner than later i guess. SO-PLEASE, is there LEGAL access to the entire file,  how do I get it and where do I get it, and what are the proper steps???

THANKS TO ALL.
Bless you. (not in the snoory quasi-religious "angels are real" way either)

Ciardelo

If you've been reading for years, you already know. How do you like working for Premrad?

Gesundheit

zeebo

Hi JC.  Not sure what might be floating out there, but just in case you weren't aware, you can always check out Sat. nite's Somewhere In Time (6-10pm PT), which you can bring up with a search on tunein.com.  I've lost track of the various streams as they always seemed so sporadic.

JCcabra

Hey ciardelo

I dont work for premium radio. I have read the forum off and on for years WHEN SOMETHING BIG HAPPENS to see what experts like you are saying. So call me stupid for not "knowing how". Feel better about your sense of self importace?

No I don't know how. I've never needed to ask because all other sources were extremely reliable for many years. Actually, I figured snoreboy's masters and their attornies are about to pull my last good feed.
People like you are the reason bellgab users are known as a bunch of jerks, and the reason I don't ever register on forums. I was only trying to preserve a decades old harmless habit of enjoying the show but you totally missed the point. Why people like you reflexively attack someone just because they ask a question is beyond me. Glad I made your day now go back to the mirror and take a "selfie" of that picture you pulled out of GQ and pardon me for existing in the same universe as such a perfect life form as yourself.

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on August 11, 2016, 03:34:08 PM
If you've been reading for years, you already know. How do you like working for Premrad?

Gesundheit

you return and are already acting like an ass..congrats

cweb

If you search for "Art Bell" on youtube, you will find quite a bit of content. With a decent youtube ripper, you could pull down some of those files for *ahem* "archival" purposes.

albrecht

Search around this site, there are threads. Also search in torrents, especially for an 'ultimate' one. I don't think even iHate Media, Inc can take down stuff in the torrent universe. There are sites out there on the web, besides youtube, if you search around for them. And, as mentioned, SIT is still played on Saturdays on IHate Media stations and sometimes they play an old one not even in the 'ultimate' torrent.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on August 11, 2016, 06:25:23 PM
http://-----------.com/
Delete this. We don't want the paralegals taking that site down. If you trust someone PM whatever links but IHate Media, Inc interns and paralegals search around to try to block good content and Art's old stuff.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on August 11, 2016, 06:27:37 PM
Delete this. We don't want the paralegals taking that site down. If you trust someone PM whatever links but IHate Media, Inc interns and paralegals search around to try to block good content and Art's old stuff.

Always thought it was legit...

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on August 11, 2016, 06:30:32 PM
Always thought it was legit...
It could be but I've always thought it was a fan tribute. I Hate Inc, is not going to give anything away for free. Plus no mention of the company and links/pop-ups for I Hate stuff, which is the norm for them. Thanks for deleting, just in case, because a good resource.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: JCcabra on August 11, 2016, 03:08:33 PM
OK go easy on me I'm a new registrant here, although I've been reading your posts for years.

I was a Streamlink subscriber, downloaded hundreds of episodes but deleted them after listening on my device next day. Should have saved them, I know. Now, for the past several years I have been listening to Art's (NEVER Snory) shows on the various outlets that you are all likely aware of -(Essential, Art always, Ultimate art etc.) primarily using the 5-0 police scanner app (hi-def radio feeds subfolder)
One by one though, they all went dark except for Ultimate Art-which was dead for three consecutive nights this week. (it came back on last night wheww) I have been saying for months that it's only a matter of time before that channel goes dark completely, so enjoy it while it lasts. BUT once I was without my buddy Art for the first time in 23 years I freaked out!

Now I have been noticing a number of nice people talking on this forum about compiling the entire Art library for torrent download or direct play etc. I went to that link and was able to play 2 individual shows successfully last night. Fantastic! However, I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. Someone mentioned he or she had 1300 shows arranged, labeled, collated, dated etc.

Is there a place to download all 1300 shows? Does it cost anything and if so how much? Do you have better instructions for accessing the files as I may not be doing it correctly?

Even though I'm "old" I have decent, up to date, computer, tablet, media player and smartphone skills. I think I'm just missing a piece of the puzzle. (no I wasn't trying to download to my phone or tablet, I was using a laptop with a Terabyte of storage) Any advice is appreciated. 1994-1999 ART shows are better than any podcast out there, and I am a subscriber to MANY.

I assume it has been said many times but I will echo the sentiment. It was never about end of world prophesies that didn't happen or impending alien disclosure, or any of the usual stereotypes associated with us listeners (tin foil hat is fightin' words for me). ART COULD RECITE THE PHONE BOOK AND KEEP ME ENTHRALLED when he was at the top of his game in the 90's. It was at least for me, the mastery of the man no matter what the subject and his laconic, dry humor handling callers who had no idea how interesting HE WAS MAKING THEM SOUND for us, and obviously for his own entertainment at times as well. Yeah I know Art has his issues-don't we all? That has nothing to do with his vast knowledge of broadcasting and professionalism that came across in every show. But you know this so...

I tried to explain this to a podcast host who interviewed Snoory recently, calling him the "greatest radio interviewer in the world" I almost puked and HAD to message that podcaster and surprise, he responded.  Young(er) people just don't understand what Art meant to us and how he likely saved thousands from going insane with insomnia for decades.

SNoory and his damn turmeric, rhymes with pathetic. I was taking that stuff in the seventies georgie boy.

I would like to get the continuous , non commercial feed I have been listening to on various outlets for some time but that will end, more sooner than later i guess. SO-PLEASE, is there LEGAL access to the entire file,  how do I get it and where do I get it, and what are the proper steps???

THANKS TO ALL.
Bless you. (not in the snoory quasi-religious "angels are real" way either)

If you are comfortable with downloading torrents, there is a big collection of Art's shows (not sure how many) called the Ultimate Art Bell Collection or something like that. I don't have it because I don't like the torrent thing, but others here have said they have it and it's a good mix of shows.

YouTube is another possibility. There are utilities that let you just save the audio portion. Not too inconvenient.

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on August 11, 2016, 05:21:52 PM
you return and are already acting like an ass..congrats
And yet you didn't answer the man's question either. Now who is the ass?  ;)

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on August 11, 2016, 09:21:56 PM
And yet you didn't answer the man's question either. Now who is the ass?  ;)

still you...you were mean

Welcome and post often!

Don't mind Ciardelo, he's like genital warts. You get rid of him for several months and he just shows up unannounced and uninvited and stays longer than anyone is comfortable with.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on August 11, 2016, 06:27:37 PM
... IHate Media, Inc interns and paralegals search around to try to block good content and Art's old stuff.

What I don't get is why don't they just offer all that old content w/ the StreamLink deal?  So silly it only goes back, what, 5 years?  Alot of people including me would be happy to pay them for access to it, as long as you could filter out all things Noory of course. 

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on August 11, 2016, 09:59:24 PM
What I don't get is why don't they just offer all that old content w/ the StreamLink deal?  So silly it only goes back, what, 5 years?  Alot of people including me would be happy to pay them for access to it, as long as you could filter out all things Noory of course.
Something in their corporate office "Mist Tunnel" is not just vaporized water but some psychoactive substance...and not a good kind? I have no idea. It is bizarre. They, or maybe the local affiliates, still (though, actually thinking now, haven't heard in a few months) would run ads for C2C using Art, and even JBW, for the show and they still run SIT on Sat nights? So, just a bait-and-switch strategy? It is weird.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Crash Folly on August 11, 2016, 09:50:51 PM
Welcome and post often!

Don't mind Ciardelo, he's like genital warts. You get rid of him for several months and he just shows up unannounced and uninvited and stays longer than anyone is comfortable with.
Haters gonna hate.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Ciardelo on August 11, 2016, 10:44:55 PM
Haters gonna hate.
Actually, I'm trying to get more laughing in, as opposed to hating. :-) Hi C! Long time, no read! How b u?

Ciardelo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on August 11, 2016, 10:54:17 PM
Actually, I'm trying to get more laughing in, as opposed to hating. :-) Hi C! Long time, no read! How b u?
Howdy my little diving friend!  :-* I'm doing well, just kicking around a little bit. My schedule now is such I don't have as much free time as before.  :( But it's nice to be busy too  :D How about yourself? You've been well I trust?

MV/Liberace!

What I don't get is why don't they just offer all that old content w/ the StreamLink deal?  So silly it only goes back, what, 5 years?

i agree.  i always thought that was really dumb.

Juan

They would have to pay someone to digitize what's not yet digitized and to organize it and upload it.  Don't forget that IHeartRadio was once Clear Channel which was called in the industry Cheap Channel.

brugvu

MIKE V.
is that ED DAMES?

sincerely,
BRUGVU. (owner of the LARGEST and WORLD KNOWN ART BELL COLLECTION)

ps TURTLES drool.

WILLIEDEE? WHERE ARE YOUR TITS? I HAVE A DOLLAR...

THAT DUDE IS HOT!

ANY NEW ART BELL SHOW FINDINGS??? I BOUGHT 400 tapes. 97-2004. got about 100 "NEW" hours of BELL.

always willing to trade. 

MIB STEVE.... PLEASE CALL.  I have a message for the SUPREME COMMANDANT of MENULOS.

brugvu

STEVE.
I NEED 8 of your 16 phone calls to BELL.
please go back to 97-99 and tape record them for me.

I can convert them myself.
thanks.
ps.. i am starting to think you have 3 identities.. STEVE, WAVERIDER, and TITOR. True or FALSE?

actually scratch that...
GO BACK TO 1992 AND TELL ME TO MOVE TO NEVADA.
I could have recorded every fn show myself. g-dam it!!!

anyone have any "AREA 2000" shows? 

ID PAY GOLD FOR NEW ART BELL. ALL 1.618 of it.
and the winner is..... CALL OLD NAVY.

Is the KING OF TERROR riding a comet making an appearance for this AUGUST? TOTALLY ECCLIPTICAL DUDE!
later FOOLS.
golden boy BRUGVU

Jackstar

Pickup 1997.11.15 while you're at it. Thanks in advance.

brugvu

DANIEL JACKSON'S ART BELL COLLECTION SUCKED, AND STILL SUCKS.

DONT BE FOOLED BY DROOLING TURTLES. HE IS A PHONY.

ANYTHING UPLOADED BY WILLIEDEE IS GOLDEN :)

I SHOULD KNOW.

BIG TITS.... YOU OWE ME!
ANYTHING NEW?   I NEED MORE.

ALL HAIL "BRUGVU"   

chefist

Curious...I have around 65 gigs of his old shows...have any of you been able to find more than the master torrent?

brugvu

1997-11-15 was a SATURDAY

nice try. 

unless you mean 1997-11-14 FIREBALLS OVER WASHINGTON

I NEED THAT. i only have 20 minutes..  I ALSO NEED 1997-11-16 DREAMLAND

GREEN FIREBALLS = PROJECT TWINKLE.
PROJECT TWINKLE = TIME TRAVELERS..

I BUY?

brugvu

hi.

wow usually everyone ignores me.
not sure what to do.

seriously...
if you have 1997-11-14 or 1997-11-16 let me know asap.
I have gold to trade.

the 400 tapes/ 100 hours of NEW BELL are not anywhere, except on my 2 compiuters. and on many many back up thingys

ps. 65 gigs means nothing unless they are at 32kbps i like 32/ 44 myself !