• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

norland2424

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 02:44:27 PM
I know. Can't figure out how to word it - see above

Its easier to be blunt and to the point, regardless its going to hurt so might as well use the ripping a bandage off approach.

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 01:57:07 PM
I was going to save this thought for tonight's show but here goes, anyhow.
This may be blasphemous, but I really wish Hoagie could do a better job checking his ego at the door. ...

I honestly don't think he can.  He's a true believer, completely convinced of his own opinions.  The thing is, he is really knowledgable, so this complicates things.  He'll be talking away about something making a good case and then somewhere along the line he crosses into Hoagieville, but even though the foundation has weakened, his conviction is the same. 

I think ScifiAuthor said it well when he described the "good Hoagie" as being a kind of genial, well-informed Dick Cavett type.  I think we'd all like more of this and less of the dismissive smug "bad Hoagie".  But I think they may be inexorably intertwined like the good/bad Captain Kirk.

CornyCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 26, 2015, 08:00:30 AM
. . .
Uh-oh!

If we are a family then it is probably only in the Josef Fritzl sense
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

. . .

Oh, my goodness!  How do you come up with these things, Sredni?  Fascinating and horrible at the same time.  Not you, the story.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 27, 2015, 11:48:00 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02exk7BNd1rqshgbo1_500.jpg
I hope you got some big bucks! Those older combination guns go for high dollar because they were hard to make and so well made. Besides the handiwork they are cool because you have choices in caliber/gauges so can confront different types of game with one gun (or have a back up shot) if animal is missed or injured and coming at ya!

TigerLily

Quote from: norland2424 on September 28, 2015, 02:49:18 PM
Its easier to be blunt and to the point, regardless its going to hurt so might as well use the ripping a bandage off approach.
Yes. I appreciate the pep talk. I must be suffering from nice girl syndrome

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on September 28, 2015, 02:56:56 PM
I honestly don't think he can.  He's a true believer, completely convinced of his own opinions.  The thing is, he is really knowledgable, so this complicates things.  He'll be talking away about something making a good case and then somewhere along the line he crosses into Hoagieville, but even though the foundation has weakened, his conviction is the same. 

I think ScifiAuthor said it well when he described the "good Hoagie" as being a kind of genial, well-informed Dick Cavett type.  I think we'd all like more of this and less of the dismissive smug "bad Hoagie".  But I think they may be inexorably intertwined like the good/bad Captain Kirk.
;D  Well said. Hard for the Hoagie leopard to change his spots. (At least I didn't use old dog new tricks

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 28, 2015, 10:06:09 AM
RCH has always been feisty when I have heard him, I don't think he's changed much. I don't think Art has ever been someone who is confrontational anyway. The occasions when he actually shuts someone down are pretty rare. That's probably the wisest way to be if you don't want to get the reputation of a headhunter, because then you might it hard to book many guests. I don't know what RCH had to be feisty about with Nick Redfern though, who always comes across as very amiable, despite looking like Dr Evil's dad. RCH is one of those people who always likes to think he is smarter than everyone else, so perhaps Nick wasn't giving him the deference his lofty eminence warranted.

With Art, you always have to read between the lines, you are almost never going to get a situation where he comes out and calls bullshit on something. You have to infer things from the tone of his voice, and also the bumper music he chooses. That's the problem with listening on the archive - you are slightly deprived of the pleasure of knowing that - through the selection of a certain piece of music - Art thinks his guest is batshit nuts.
Art can be feisty. Although usually done in a sardonic or more polite manner, but sometimes feisty. Dropping Icke, Green (when he started talking about Kennedy going after his 14 year old (which after all the scandals and the babysitter one-who was 14- wasn't all that unbelievable,) pretty loud arguments against militia supporter, almost yelling at a sycophantic teenage skinhead during the Dr. William Pierce show, frequent testy arguments with Charlie "the liberal" over Clinton/Newt stuff, etc. His dry commentary reading Kreskin's statement and refusal to put up his end of the bargain (for charity) and then banning him from show. I'm sure there are more examples but, yeah, general is more laid-back and asks interesting questions in which the guests can make their claim (or show how crazy there are) without histrionics or personal/theories agendas (except, arguably, "quickening/warming") but he will still let guests have other opinions. But when personally threatened or accused, he can give back (Gunderson stuff, C2C treatment, etc.)

phrodo

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 02:00:57 PM
Sredni? Have you been taken over by the Pod People? Nice to see a non-snarky post. Welcome to civilization. Just remember, I keep my chair and whip handy

I know right? I almost felt bad posting that video to Mr. Big Stuff. Almost ... but not nearly enough to regret it one bit afterward.  ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: phrodo on September 28, 2015, 05:34:37 PM
I know right? I almost felt bad posting that video to Mr. Big Stuff. Almost ... but not nearly enough to regret it one bit afterward.  ;D
Considering all his past infractions, you were being very kind. And it's a cool song!
Also how about "You're So Vain" Carly Simon (love Jagger in the chorus)

indigoo

Nick Redfern on MITD is going to be really good. Though my favorite shows of his are usually about MIBs and such.

The OSOM show was dry and ended up getting weird...

SciFiAuthor

I know. Can't figure out how to word it - see above

Might want to wait until tomorrow to write. I suspect the ego in tonight's show will be so thick that you'll be able to cut it with a knife:

"Published by Dr. Robin Falkov
LOOK AT THE DATE -" Placitas, NM, 07/19/2000 - Do YOU think this is new news? Once again, Hoagland is FIRST!"
http://www.enterprisemission.com/press-water.html
We will cover this on Other Side of Midnight TONIGHT. Othersideofmidnight.com Airs LIVE for free12-2am Pacific."

trostol

should be one wild night on DMRN..and here i was hoping to play some Blood Bowl 2 lol

I know. Can't figure out how to word it...

Just tell him what you think.

People like Hoagland don't understand sensitivity, nuance, or politeness.

phrodo

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 05:41:13 PM
Considering all his past infractions, you were being very kind. And it's a cool song!
Also how about "You're So Vain" Carly Simon (love Jagger in the chorus)

That would indeed be an excellent and very appropriate selection too.

AppealPlay

Men in black shows rule.  The MIB seem to not have a sense of humor.

Has anyone noticed the "mark all as read" button has disappeared or is it just something I've messed up?

looking forward to tonight's guest. Have enjoyed his interviews before with others

great job y'all on the open lines show. Really enjoyed that one

phrodo

Oh great .. I see that MV has grabbed back the reins of the live show thread from the always punctual jazmunda. Guess we'll have to wait until all the diapers are changed and kiddo is in bed before the thread is unlocked.  :o

EDIT ... bitch made me look silly (admittedly not *that* hard to do) .. and opened it early.  >:(

Hells Mole

Quote from: Art Bell on September 26, 2015, 11:02:16 PM
We do need somebody who will listen!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/george-noory-willing-to-accept-draft-for-white-house-run/

Art

From the article:
QuoteNoory acknowledged that he has never run for political office, but he believes that this year he may make an impact running for president as a Democrat.

He's made an impact alright.. in my bowels.

jazmunda

Tuesday Night's Guest: Steven Starr - Global Thermonuclear War

http://artbell.com/tue-sep-29-steven-starr-global-thermonuclear-war/

QuoteWebsite: http://nucleardarkness.org

Steven Starr, MT (ASCP), graduated from the School of Health Professions at the University of Missouri, Columbia in 1985. He subsequently worked as a Medical Technologist over a period of 30 years at a number of hospitals in Columbia, Missouri, including Columbia Regional Hospital, Boone Hospital Center, and Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, as well as at Saint Mary’s Health Center, in Jefferson City, Missouri. Mr. Starr is currently the Director of the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at the University of Missouri.

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on September 28, 2015, 03:41:25 PM
I hope you got some big bucks! Those older combination guns go for high dollar because they were hard to make and so well made. Besides the handiwork they are cool because you have choices in caliber/gauges so can confront different types of game with one gun (or have a back up shot) if animal is missed or injured and coming at ya!

I found this one on YouTube by accident a couple months ago. It's recent issue, made in Turkey, 3 12ga barrels (not combo), but still a bit pricey @ $1,350 ish on the guys site. "Chiappa Triple Threat 12 Gauge"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgJAp38mmM

ponyboysunset

To Tigerlily I just finished listening to Friday's Show. Nice job on the call in. I need to make a correction though, in no way can I continue in this cult under false premises, I have not been a virgin in 20 years. LMAO! I'm glad you made Art laugh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 28, 2015, 07:15:52 PM
Just tell him what you think.

People like Hoagland don't understand sensitivity, nuance, or politeness.
Hoagie will no doubt ignore it anyway.  He can see things on heavenly bodies nobody else sees but ignores the obvious.  At least he probably won't call you a loser and tell you to get a life.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on September 28, 2015, 02:56:56 PM
... But I think they may be inexorably intertwined like the good/bad Captain Kirk.
Yep.  Plus, psychos can be quite charming.

pyewacket

Art put out a call for a "real" cauldron stirring, broom riding, witch again last night. Did Debbie Anderson not work out? I thought she improved as the show progressed and I liked her.

Art- Will only an "evil" witch do? This is a religious/spiritual practice to real witches. 

I'm not a witch or an expert, but I have had an interest in the subject for years. Healthy minded people don't deal in evil. Most practitioners I've met believed in right and wrong and consequences from their actions.

A person committing crimes, and "black magic" would qualify as a crime to many witches, keeps their activities secret. It would be a threat of exposure to talk/brag about it in public. This would also weaken their magic.

I'm not sure how many well known witches would talk about it because I think there is a matter of protecting the innocent. A lot of negative practice targets the vulnerable and use psychological methods to "attack" them.  It would be far better to contact a well grounded witch, I had suggested one to Heather.

On the other hand, if you'd like a theatrical evil witch, you might be able to find someone in the theatrical studies department at some colleges. They are usually available for Halloween productions, haunted houses, and parties.

I don't mean to offend you with this, I just think you're better than that and could do great shows on the subject without going the "wicked witch" route.

Juan

Debbie Anderson doesn't seem to smoke two cartons of Camels (Home Runs if she could find them) a day.

pyewacket

Quote from: Juan on September 29, 2015, 09:23:23 AM
Debbie Anderson doesn't seem to smoke two cartons of Camels (Home Runs if she could find them) a day.

Haha- yeah and sound like Marge's sisters, Patty and Selma. Some believe that smoking violates their bodies and affects their abilities. And then, for others, it's another food group.  ;)

I think Art still wants a black magic witch.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 29, 2015, 06:55:14 AM
Hoagie will no doubt ignore it anyway.  He can see things on heavenly bodies nobody else sees but ignores the obvious.  At least he probably won't call you a loser and tell you to get a life.

Lowlife!!!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 29, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
I think Art still wants a black magic witch.

I want to hear that too. Sorry I am not trying to offend, but good witch magick just isn't good radio IMO. Having dabbled myself in witchcraft years ago, I believe it works. That is why Patsy scared me so much, and why Dr. Paglini was fun to listen to. You could hear the dark side in them. I think a lot of us are drawn to that, or would be at least for one night of radio :)

chefist

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2015, 09:46:50 AM
I want to hear that too. Sorry I am not trying to offend, but good witch magick just isn't good radio IMO. Having dabbled myself in witchcraft years ago, I believe it works. That is why Patsy scared me so much, and why Dr. Paglini was fun to listen to. You could hear the dark side in them. I think a lot of us are drawn to that, or would be at least for one night of radio :)

So true! Who would have watched the Wizard of Oz with a good witch...No One!