• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2017, 02:00:05 PM
I have better things to do like posting on Bellgab or fucking my wife especially at that time. lol.

i like to pass time removing the hairs that get embedded in the soap bars around my house.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Σ> on February 24, 2017, 02:02:44 PM
i like to pass time removing the hairs that get embedded in the soap bars around my house.
Do you use tweezers like a pussy or your fingers like a man?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 24, 2017, 02:16:19 PM
Do you use tweezers like a pussy or your fingers like a man?

i run water over it until the hair dislodges, but i use cold water so it'll take longer.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Σ> on February 24, 2017, 02:17:32 PM
i run water over it until the hair dislodges, but i use cold water so it'll take longer.
God.  You're just no fun today.  :P

Dyna-X

Quote from: Nobody on February 23, 2017, 11:38:46 PM
As-yet unexplained is the dropoff in listeners after the top 10 people on that list.  Without knowing a) how many listeners each programme has and b) the audience share of each programme, the list doesn't convey much useful information.

Heather does not yet appear to have so much as a 1% audience share:

http://streamingradioguide.com/listen-trend.php?showid=9574

...so it is unclear to me why that list is being touted as some sort of Big Deal.

The dropoff is shaped like a cliff after 10. The list does not reflect the terrestrial radio market that keep the top 10 or so in their place - the streaming here is really like the dust behind their trail.  Art would have easily made the top 20 had he kept going into 2016 and top 10-12 if the big Cumulus deal went through. His listener base was fizzling in September, but I think it would have came back with the right exposure.

I try not to think of what could have been.

As for Heather, this is the closest she has ever been to having her name in lights. Resume fodder if she is to go on in a radio career elsewhere down the road.

bateman

Quote from: Nobody on February 23, 2017, 11:38:46 PM
As-yet unexplained is the dropoff in listeners after the top 10 people on that list.  Without knowing a) how many listeners each programme has and b) the audience share of each programme, the list doesn't convey much useful information.

Heather does not yet appear to have so much as a 1% audience share:

http://streamingradioguide.com/listen-trend.php?showid=9574

...so it is unclear to me why that list is being touted as some sort of Big Deal.

It's completely meaningless. From the owner of Talkstreamlive:

QuoteTSL lists and links to streaming talk shows and their stations, however, the metrics originate and are gathered within TSL. We do not account for all other outside listening that occurs. Actually, we send out listener traffic to the shows and station streams that happens to boost their digital traffic.

No, TSL does not externally tap into the data of stations or platforms.

How does TSL rank and compile its ratings reports?

TSL ranks streaming talk shows based on actual real time listenership. TSL compiles its ranking reports quarterly and annually. The TSL Top 25 Report tracks talk radio show listener sessions and these metrics are gathered on the internet and collected through our cloud based server via TalkStreamLive.com's Website, iPhone and Android apps. TSL only ranks the talk shows that are listed at TalkStreamLive.com.

In other words, unless you're listening directly through TSL (obviously the vast majority are not) then they have no idea you exist, and the radio companies are not about to give a third party real-time access to streaming data.

Art might as well have told us Heather is #38 among Iowans who ate tuna fish on a Wednesday.

Dyna-X

Quote from: batemanâ,,¢ on February 24, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

Art might as well have told us Heather is #38 among Iowans who ate tuna fish on a Wednesday.
Well, someone is #9 among Turkey sandwich eaters!

bateman

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 24, 2017, 04:06:06 PM
Well, someone is #9 among Turkey sandwich eaters!

Pre-packaged or homemade?

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 24, 2017, 05:32:25 PM
Pre-packaged from 7-11.
"Is there any other kind?  Make mine whole wheat.  Tommy can cut the crusts off for me."

ShayP

ItsOver

Quote from: Nobody on February 24, 2017, 01:07:27 AM
Jean Shepherd.

I don't know what kind of reputation he enjoys in the 21st century, but he is the best storyteller I have ever heard.
No doubt.  I was always partial to Charles Kuralt.  I loved when he hosted "CBS Sunday Morning." Now CBS is another cow pile of a political agenda.  I'd rather hear Charles glorify a real cow pile, on some country road.

Mr. Bell appears to be the victim of an extremely depraved and disgusting internet attack. You people seem to ignore the fact that he is a man of substantial means. I imagine most of you (regulars) wallow through your own filth just to post a vile comment. Shameful. Never attack those that are your betters, never!

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 24, 2017, 06:25:24 PM
Mr. Bell appears to be the victim of an extremely depraved and disgusting internet attack. You people seem to ignore the fact that he is a man of substantial means. I imagine most of you (regulars) wallow through your own filth just to post a vile comment. Shameful. Never attack those that are your betters, never!

Yes, I remember the old Art.  The fun Art. 

At some point he decides he doesn't want to do a radio show after all, and realizes the whole Sirius stint wasn't a fluke.  Instead of simply mealy mouthing his way through a wretched retirement farewell, the old showman decides to go out with some style.  He's heard of other radio hosts being threatened, forced off the air, even shot and killed.  Why not give his fans some excitement, something to talk about, put the final stamp on his legacy. 

Hell, Hoagie thought it was a great idea.  So did Whitley.  Look at the nutty claims they routinely make.  Why not just add another edgy layer to the whole paranormal scene and go out under ominous circumstances.  No ''tinnitus'' for Art, no way.

Then those pathetic SewerGab trolls had to ruin everything.  Michael Savage piling on with his comments didn't help either. 

Lilith

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 24, 2017, 06:25:24 PM

Shame be upon us all.

Shame, glorious shame.

Praise MV!

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 24, 2017, 09:13:05 PM
Yes, I remember the old Art.  The fun Art. 

At some point he decides he doesn't want to do a radio show after all, and realizes the whole Sirius stint wasn't a fluke.  Instead of simply mealy mouthing his way through a wretched retirement farewell, the old showman decides to go out with some style.  He's heard of other radio hosts being threatened, forced off the air, even shot and killed.  Why not give his fans some excitement, something to talk about, put the final stamp on his legacy. 

Hell, Hoagie thought it was a great idea.  So did Whitley.  Look at the nutty claims they routinely make.  Why not just add another edgy layer to the whole paranormal scene and go out under ominous circumstances.  No ''tinnitus'' for Art, no way.

Then those pathetic SewerGab trolls had to ruin everything.  Michael Savage piling on with his comments didn't help either.

Yes, Art, has clearly been the master of his own destruction. I've spent most of today researching him and his career. He sounds like quite the cheeky fellow. However, it appears he has a very thin skin. He can dish it out, but can't take any in return without doing his nut. The man seems to have lost his marbles over the past year. Shame.

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on February 24, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
Shame be upon us all.

Shame, glorious shame.

Praise MV!

brig, I know my onions about shame. Whips and chains, too. Oh my....

Lilith

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 24, 2017, 09:38:42 PM
brig, I know my onions about shame. Whips and chains, too. Oh my....

I can see we'll get along just fine.  ;D

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2017, 02:00:05 PM
I have better things to do like posting on Bellgab or fucking my wife especially at that time. lol.

Do you multitask?  ;)

cweb

the radio companies are not about to give a third party real-time access to streaming data.

So in other words, data on Heather's real numbers has been redacted.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on February 23, 2017, 07:36:27 PM
No love for Derry Brownfield, Bill Cooper, or Bruce Williams?  :'(

I used to listen to him.

paladin1991

It's completely meaningless. From the owner of Talkstreamlive:

In other words, unless you're listening directly through TSL (obviously the vast majority are not) then they have no idea you exist, and the radio companies are not about to give a third party real-time access to streaming data.

Were you on that list?

bateman

Quote from: cweb on February 25, 2017, 09:00:06 AM
So in other words, data on Heather's real numbers has been redacted.

#bettereveryday

albrecht

Quote from: Pulling my Pud in Yorkshire on February 26, 2017, 03:34:34 AM
I used to listen to him.
I liked Derry Brownfield and the others I mentioned, RIP. Out of curiosity. Does Mark Fuhrman still have an AM show up in your neck of the woods? Curious what he said about the news that the Juice might soon be loose!