• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

jconrad

two words for shadow people, hypnagogic hallucinations.

Galaga

Quote from: jconrad on November 10, 2011, 05:26:27 AM
two words for shadow people, hypnagogic hallucinations.

Uh, not.

I saw one when I was only two years old, in the middle of the night. Hypnagogic imagery happens as you're drifting to sleep, not in the middle of a two-year-old's sleep cycle.

To boot, my mother saw precisely the same entity a year prior, when I was only one year old, also in the middle of the night, peering into my crib as I slept. This is not an example of hypnagogic-anything.

I am not making a claim as to what it is. Rather, I am simply stating what it is not.

b_dubb

you were two. you're itsy bitsy brain was still forming. chalk one up for hypnagogic
whatchamacallits

Snoory asked Neil Arnold if people confuse him with Neil Armstrong.

I'm not making this up.

Galaga

What part of " my mother saw precisely the same entity a year prior" did you not understand?

Talk about brain development. Or lack thereof.

M Knight

Quote from: Galaga on November 10, 2011, 11:09:46 AM
What part of " my mother saw precisely the same entity a year prior" did you not understand?

Talk about brain development. Or lack thereof.

Logically, one incident has nothing to do with the other.  One does not prove or disprove the other.

You can tell when the discussion well starts to get dry on forums. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: M Knight on November 10, 2011, 11:51:07 AM

Logically, one incident has nothing to do with the other.  One does not prove or disprove the other.

It may be proof of a really fucked up gene pool...like mother like...

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on November 10, 2011, 05:14:10 AMSome guy called in and asked George what was going on with Art Bell. "I wish I knew.  I don't know."  Then a few calls later George takes a call with a hearty, "welcome to America's number one late night talk show!"  He doesn't usually welcome a caller like that.   

yeah that was very strange in the last half hour of callers last night.
the art bell caller question came out of nowhere, noory sounded like a deer caught in the headlights and probably yelled at  the call screener about it after the show...  8)

Morgus

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 10, 2011, 09:55:42 AM
and even stranger was Neil answered that yes he has been told that before.
other nimwits like Noory are out there?  :o

Quote from: Galaga on November 06, 2011, 10:39:18 PM
Shameless ass-kissing. Unfuckingbelievable.

I want to say some words about how others in the media, the milieu of George Noory hangers-on, that unabashedly kiss his trashbag rectum just for some table scraps from the Nightsqauwk's last dinner. This current rant is about Alex Jones.

I was listening to his latest Infowars "Money Bomb" broadcast. At the beginning of the 5th hour, none other than George Noory was the guest. At approximately 2 to 3 minutes into the hour, I heard the following:

Alex Jones: Well, George, that... in fact... that was my next question for you. You see the awakening, you are a world-renowned analyst, media personality, researcher, probably one the best interviewers out there bar none, probably even better than Larry King in his heyday. You have your finger on the pulse, so I know you're picking up what I'm picking up. Uh, I am a person who is well-known, especially because of the internet and so anywhere I go, people stop me, and it's not every 10 or 15 people now, it's every 3 or 4 or 5, no matter where I go. Blah, blah, blah.

I literally screamed out loud in an elevator, "What??"

I perfectly understand that this and similar incidents are about cozying up and keeping the warm fire of ratings and advertising dollars burning bright. A pathway to this goal is feeding upon Geroge Noory's excrement. Sounds like a good way to get tapeworms to me. But even if Jones was simply being calculating by having Noory on the broadcast and using his presence to create a ratings synergy, why in the world would anyone go out of their way to say such patently false statements?

Can anyone point to different reasons why this might be happening? Is there any chance in hell that people like Jones really believe this absurdity? Or are there other possible explanations?

I would be especially interested in hearing about other "media personalities" who have sunk so low as to venerate this false prophet.

After reading this and realizing George Noory would be on with Alex Jones, I just couldn't resist finding it on youTube (turns out there are 3 parts about 15 minutes each). 

Sure enough, Alex was slobbering all over George, pretty disgusting.  And that voice...

But someone here pointed out George seemed so much better on Alex' show than on his own.  It was amazing, if I had never heard of George Noory and didn't already know the thousand different ways he sucks, I would not have come away thinking this guy is the worst possible choice on the planet to replace Art Bell. He didn't stumble over every third word, he seemed to be listening when Alex spoke, it sounded like he had at least a basic knowledge of the paranormal and current events. 

This must be the way he is around the office and when he is talking to the people at PremRat that determine who gets to host radio shows.  No wonder all the calls and emails complaining about George fall on deaf ears over there.  This performance must be close to Art Bell's Noory, the one that 'gets it'.

On his own show he usually seems unable to function unless it's all scripted out for him, and when it is scripted he sounds like someone just learning to read. 

On Alex' show he was of course full of himself - and Alex sure wasn't helping by being the consumate kiss ass - and he didn't seem to mind distorting the truth to pump himself up half the time.  And a lot of it it was the same stupid Norry stuff - maybe I'll have listen again and post some of the annoying crap he and Alex put out there, but someone not knowing George, not having heard years of awfulness, it would be easy not to have picked up on.

I've seen clips of George at meet and greets where he seems to be interacting with the audience normally as well,  Is George just so tense and uptight on his own show that he can't function, but ok in SOME other settings?

Morgus

Maybe Noory changes late at night when his show airs, compared to those other shows he has appeared on which are on earlier in the day?  :o

M Knight

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 10, 2011, 12:41:03 PM

After reading this and realizing George Noory would be on with Alex Jones, I just couldn't resist finding it on youTube (turns out there are 3 parts about 15 minutes each). 

Sure enough, Alex was slobbering all over George, pretty disgusting.  And that voice...

But someone here pointed out George seemed so much better on Alex' show than on his own.  It was amazing, if I had never heard of George Noory and didn't already know the thousand different ways he sucks, I would not have come away thinking this guy is the worst possible choice on the planet to replace Art Bell. He didn't stumble over every third word, he seemed to be listening when Alex spoke, it sounded like he had at least a basic knowledge of the paranormal and current events. 

This must be the way he is around the office and when he is talking to the people at PremRat that determine who gets to host radio shows.  No wonder all the calls and emails complaining about George fall on deaf ears over there.  This performance must be close to Art Bell's Noory, the one that 'gets it'.

On his own show he usually seems unable to function unless it's all scripted out for him, and when it is scripted he sounds like someone just learning to read. 

On Alex' show he was of course full of himself - and Alex sure wasn't helping by being the consumate kiss ass - and he didn't seem to mind distorting the truth to pump himself up half the time.  And a lot of it it was the same stupid Norry stuff - maybe I'll have listen again and post some of the annoying crap he and Alex put out there, but someone not knowing George, not having heard years of awfulness, it would be easy not to have picked up on.

I've seen clips of George at meet and greets where he seems to be interacting with the audience normally as well,  Is George just so tense and uptight on his own show that he can't function, but ok in SOME other settings?

His demeanor on the Alex Jones show was a lot more like when he was the Nighthawk.  I used to listen back then via internet (even before GN ever filled in at C2C) and I can see why he was chosen to replace Art Bell.  Maybe he is being affected by his producers, or his fumbling bumbling mumbling and crumbling is a reaction to being overly critiqued by C2C staff.  Who knows.

fysisist

^^ I maintain that when Snoory is talking about himself, his opinions, his beliefs, his ideas, and he is being stroked about wonderful he is, then he is just fine.  But ask him to focus on something or somebody else, which he inherently has no interest in, he can't stay focused. 

M Knight

Quote from: fysisist on November 10, 2011, 01:51:31 PM
^^ I maintain that when Snoory is talking about himself, his opinions, his beliefs, his ideas, and he is being stroked about wonderful he is, then he is just fine.  But ask him to focus on something or somebody else, which he inherently has no interest in, he can't stay focused.

Yup.  I agree.  I think he generally hates the nuttyness of the topics and callers.  He has made feeble efforts to "mainstream" the show, but has failed.  C2C money is his temptation sans motivation.

Holy buttmunch, I was thinking that exact same thing a while back. When the roles were reversed and Noory was being interviewed, he actually seemed quite articulate - there was no semblance of the C2C Snoory... so why the regular underperformances on C2C?

Scully

Quote from: fysisist on November 10, 2011, 01:51:31 PM
... I maintain that when Snoory is talking about himself, his opinions, his beliefs, his ideas, and he is being stroked about wonderful he is, then he is just fine.  But ask him to focus on something or somebody else, which he inherently has no interest in, he can't stay focused. 

Quote from: M Knight on November 10, 2011, 01:57:29 PM

Yup.  I agree.  I think he generally hates the nuttyness of the topics and callers.  He has made feeble efforts to "mainstream" the show, but has failed.  C2C money is his temptation sans motivation.

And again I agree with both of you. George is all about his own ego.  Nothing else motivates him to competency. No wonder we all love him so.

beachcomber

Noory wants to mainstream the discussions back to the days when he was a youth reading the Frank Edwards Stranger Than Science books - collections of the weird reports in history without any mention of the relevant investigations available today or the alternative possibilities that might challenge his first impressions or his simple assertion that there's something out there.
If it's Out There, he's good with it but if it's related to further observation or requiring attention to what goes on between the ears (not out there) he's horrified by it.
He admitted last night that he never believed aliens and cryptids were from other dimentions - no, they're little green men in metal ships like the movies told you, or impossible as-yet-undiscovered species living in remote areas, George, and you really should give that dog you're walking more leash...

Then English guy Neil Arnold on strange creatures.  Arnold believes most of the weird things people see are in their heads, or perhaps apparitions, but George wasn't letting go of his "big bird" fetish.  "Could they be government drones made to look like birds to spy on us?" Just once I want to hear a guest give George a firm, unequivocal, topic ending "no."
- Valdez

...to this Arnold said that there's already enough mystery about these things (no need to clutter it up with imaginary musings).
Right. Back in The Day it seemed that at every late-night  bull session in the dorm there was a fool making embarrassing comments based on nothing at all...but nobody would have ever guessed that one day he'd be given his own talk show.

Frys Girl

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 10, 2011, 09:55:42 AM

I'm not making this up.
And when he went to break, he said "We'll be back with Neil Arnold, not Neil Armstrong heh heh heh." George Noory is paid to do this? Premiere Radio is a moron. I hope they go out of business.

On top of it, he does the Income At Home ad, and he fucked that up too!He said "They bring customers to your computer." LOL.

Quote from: Scully on November 10, 2011, 02:42:14 PM
And again I agree with both of you. George is all about his own ego.  Nothing else motivates him to competency. No wonder we all love him so.

If nothing else George Noory is quite the character study. 

I'd like to think he's sleepwalking during his show - it would explain a lot.

George:  'Tommy, how wuz thuh show las' night?  Anything come up I need to know about?'

Tommy:  'It was another great show George.  Your're doing swell.'

ItsJustKK

Besides being unbearable to listen to, Snoory is getting increasingly unbearable to look at. I swear, he looks like he is in disguise with that stupid jet black hair and cheesy mustache. Plus, his droopy eyes always give him the appearance of being stoned out of his mind. Actually, that would explain A LOT! Why can't he just go away?? Why????

Morgus

A surprise visit on c2c right now with science advisor Richard C. Hoagland telling about secret info he has learned regarding the Russian mars space probe being stuck in low earth orbit and the dangers of it coming crashing back to earth with dangerous chemicals.
He is telling about a secret plan to shoot the spacecraft down.

Morgus

After Major Ed Dames callin tonight on c2c, they are playing "Head Games" as the bumper music.
Somebody on Noory's staff having some fun?  ;D

WOTR

I really need confirmation on what I think I heard tonight.  I don't have the show recorded or I would go back and listen again.

Around 10 or 15 minutes from the end of the interview with Greg Hunter it sounded like Noory was all for the middle East being turned into glass.  He seemed to say that it would be nice not to have to deal with Mullahs and that it would be peaceful if the place were nuked.

I really could be wrong, but just need confirmation.  I can't imagine anybody proposing that the best way to peace is to wipe millions of people off the earth while making most of the planet uninhabitable... Noory thought that Japans recent accident was bad???  I can't picture that the guy who was fear mongering about radioactivity drifting over on the wind and telling us we would all die of cancer thinks that numerous nukes detonating is our hope for world peace...

Scully

Ed Dames vs. Andrew Basiago on Coast tonight calling each other liars. What was that old story about the pot and the kettle?  ;D

valdez

Quote from: Scully on November 11, 2011, 04:09:03 AM
Ed Dames vs. Andrew Basiago on Coast tonight calling each other liars....
Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2011, 03:28:59 AM
Which one to believe?
Quote from: DangerousBlossom on November 11, 2011, 03:39:56 AM
That was great!

Hoagland on the Russian Mars probe that never made it out of orbit, Greg Hunter talks over George's head on the woes of the world (Yeah, WOTR, George did imply wiping out all the countries that give us grief.  He's said it before.), and then someone who just might be insane, Andrew Basiago.  He begins the interview denouncing some History channel program hosted by William Shatner that shot down Basiago's claims of time travel, then he proceeded to recount his Pegasus Project trip to mars, and when he dragged in Ed Dames' name I knew he had sealed his doom.  So Ed Dames calls in and tries to be nice about it, saying that perhaps Basiago was in some alternate reality thing, but when Basiago accused Dames of spreading disinformation the shit hit the fan.  Dames laid  into him.  "Leave me out of your delusions!"  "Stop emailing me!"  George breaks it up and goes to commercial and comes back and continues to play along with Basiago's crap.  In a weird way it was one of George's best shows, and his worst, and if there was any justice in the world, it would be his last.  This is what happens under his "let them talk/no real questions" policy.  This was an embarrassing mess, and no one will call him to task.  I dream of a mutiny where George is sent back to where ever he came from, and the show becomes a communal effort between, Ian, Knapp, Hoagland, Howe, and maybe Simone and Wells.  Maybe.  I am now gonna find Ed Dames' email address and thank him, for tonight he is my hero.

Ed Dames

genxnyc

I missed most of it, but did you catch the female caller just prior to this?  She kept talking about being selected to go to mars in 2012 and Noory kept asking her if she went.  She kept referring to how she couldn't have went, but would likely be packing or preparing to go.  He ended the call by saying "good thing you didn't go". 

I'm paraphrasing, but does he realize that 2012 has not arrived yet?

M Knight

Quote from: genxnyc on November 11, 2011, 06:57:37 AM
I missed most of it, but did you catch the female caller just prior to this?  She kept talking about being selected to go to mars in 2012 and Noory kept asking her if she went.  She kept referring to how she couldn't have went, but would likely be packing or preparing to go.  He ended the call by saying "good thing you didn't go". 

I'm paraphrasing, but does he realize that 2012 has not arrived yet?

This is just classic Noory having no idea what anyone is saying on his program.

stevesh

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2011, 04:07:09 AM

Around 10 or 15 minutes from the end of the interview with Greg Hunter it sounded like Noory was all for the middle East being turned into glass.  He seemed to say that it would be nice not to have to deal with Mullahs and that it would be peaceful if the place were nuked.

In the middle of a segment with Greg Hunter discussing the possibility of Israel and Iran exchanging nuclear weapons:

Noory: "It might be kind of refreshing, though, to take a hit and get all these hateful countries out of the picture once and for all, wouldn't it ?"

In light of the fact that there are only a handful of countries in the Middle East that can reasonably be called 'hateful', I wonder how this genius plans to shield the others ? Or are they just collateral damage? Or could we include St. Louis in the 'taking a hit' list ?

I swear this prick is getting stupider.

BobGrau

I remember him suggesting the US should invade mexico. what a dick.

I didn't hear much last night.....kinda sad I missed a blow up. George is so lazy, he can't keep a guest for more than two hours now.