• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

beckettm

The following is an email I just sent to george@coasttocoastam.com

Also, I called his show about a month ago, got his screener, and said that Art Bell was infinitely better.  I'm a radio broadcaster, not an no-nothing neophyte, but George's screener yelled at me.  He was soooo defensive and angry, as if criticizing Noory was tantamount to treason.  The guy was an a-hole idiot who asked me to hang on while he was screaming at me.  Yeah, right.   THAT SHOW SUCKS!

George,

Why do you have calls screened on your show?  Art Bell didn't, and he was such a captivating radio presence.  I treasured listening to him, but often find your show dull and simplistic by comparison.  Sadly, I find your guest hosts more interesting than you with the possible exception of when you have good guests.  At the very least, you should not have your show screened.

One thing I don't like about your show is your generally simplistic reaction to callers, some of whom explain profound experiences they have had with ghosts or other paranormal experiences.  You don't generally ask probing questions.  You generally give a dull, obvious reaction like, "Well, that must have been scary."  Then you thank the caller and move on.  You generally leave behind so many questions you could have asked that were far more probing and intriguing.

Sometimes your show is interesting if the guest and subject matter are strong, but even Art Bell's choice of music were infinitely better than your entire show.  Art had such charisma and depth, even if he wasn't saying anything and just playing an ABBA song. The way Art segued into a great song was part of his absolute charm, but when I listen to your show, I often turn the radio off or way down during the songs.

I also don't like that you're always selling your podcasts and trying to get more people to like you on Facebook.  You can't change your personality, but if you were more of a captivating person on-air, you would have Facebook followers in droves.

Anyway, just wanted to get some things off my chest.

meanmug247

that should he sent in a real letter through the mail. Noory is a talentless a$$hole that happens to have a radio voice. I hope he gets crippled in a car accident.

George49

Let me guess, you got no reply of course.

No surprise George will Big Time you.

dan7800

Good letter. However, do you think this is news to George? All George cares about is keeping his job and making money. All the network cares about is getting the most amount of $$$ they can for this time slot. It is quite apparent that neither care about the quality of the show.

Until the show starts losing money, nothing will happen to George.

Morgus

Quote from: meanmug247 on March 17, 2012, 11:59:41 PM
Noory is a talentless a$$hole that happens to have a radio voice. I hope he gets crippled in a car accident.
Coincidently, Noory recently told of narrowly escaping from his car accident incident in Mexico a few months back...  8)

linden2k

Quote from: Morgus on March 19, 2012, 04:02:10 PM
Coincidently, Noory recently told of narrowly escaping from his car accident incident in Mexico a few months back...  8)
He's not human!

linden2k

Sorry folks! We were down for a bit.

Northcoaster

Listening to the show from the day before Katrina devastated New Orleans and the gulf coast.  People are calling in and grasping on to the faintest hope that it will take a sudden turn away from New Orleans. It's amazing hearing these people talk about how many of their friends decided to stay in New Orleans and one can't help but wonder what became of those folks. Really chilling stuff.

Quote from: Northcoaster on March 30, 2012, 12:10:14 PM
Listening to the show from the day before Katrina devastated New Orleans and the gulf coast.  People are calling in and grasping on to the faintest hope that it will take a sudden turn away from New Orleans. It's amazing hearing these people talk about how many of their friends decided to stay in New Orleans and one can't help but wonder what became of those folks. Really chilling stuff.

This one was of Bell's better shows. He was great... he set a mood of panic without being panicky.. he showcased the fears and truth of people who lived in the area.
I often wish a follow up to all the callers would have happened.

Hard to believe this is already 7 years ago...

Northcoaster

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 30, 2012, 12:47:05 PM

This one was of Bell's better shows. He was great... he set a mood of panic without being panicky.. he showcased the fears and truth of people who lived in the area.
I often wish a follow up to all the callers would have happened.

Hard to believe this is already 7 years ago...
A follow up would have been great. Hell, I'd even break down and listen to Noory if he did a follow up today.

dan7800

I love how on the dec 23 2006 show, a caller claims to have been to Area 51 as a child. Art immediately calls BS on him. Never seen GN doing that.

analog kid

A day with a lot of Dr Kaku would be pretty awesome.

linden2k

Quote from: analog kid on April 02, 2012, 01:37:36 PM
A day with a lot of Dr Kaku would be pretty awesome.
Great idea! We are doing 2 days of time travel shows, maybe we can do that on Thursday or Friday.

analog kid

Quote from: linden2k on April 02, 2012, 08:59:30 PM
Great idea! We are doing 2 days of time travel shows, maybe we can do that on Thursday or Friday.

Alright!

dan7800

Love the time travel shows.

How many shows do you have in your collection now?

El Kragen

Loving the Time Travel shows, been listen on & off all day. I couldn't sleep this AM so I got up and tuned in while chillin' on the porch with my dog. Sitting there in the dark I felt like I was transported back to 1998 when I used to stay up all night and listen to the show. 

dan7800

I have a Blackberry(yes I know), is there any way to listen to this stream over that?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: dan7800 on April 03, 2012, 01:21:40 PM
I have a Blackberry(yes I know), is there any way to listen to this stream over that?

i believe this app might work.

browsing the blackberry app store made me feel dirty.  it was as if i'd lost all dignity.

sherry440

I'm so grateful to Michael for giving his collection to the folks who now maintain the FineArt stream. I'd be lost without it and listen nightly. I think I've heard every show at least 3 times, but I never get tired of GSI and EVP's with Brenden and Barbara! It is always worth hearing again and again.

linden2k

Quote from: dan7800 on April 03, 2012, 12:14:20 PM

Love the time travel shows.

How many shows do you have in your collection now?

About 1200. A lot of shows we've never played are in the process of being tagged and mixed down. stay tuned!

Quote from: Northcoaster on March 30, 2012, 12:10:14 PM

I don't think I'll ever forget that show, or wondering afterwards how many of those callers made it through the storm. Art was at his very best that night.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 03, 2012, 01:28:50 PMbrowsing the blackberry app store made me feel dirty.  it was as if i'd lost all dignity.

LOL

Thank you and Michael for restoring balance in the C2C universe. Love the time travel shows - never a dull moment. Well, unless GN is hosting.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sherry440 on April 03, 2012, 04:48:05 PM
...I never get tired of GSI and EVP's with Brenden and Barbara! It is always worth hearing again and again.

Hi, Sherry. Brendan and Barbara will be on my podcast soon. It's at RadioTrainWreck.com. Should be a great show.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

analog kid

I'll be listening all day. Awesome.

blackshap9

This is a great idea. Art was at his best when Kaku was on the show. This is where snorery can not bring the show. Really looking forward to this.

dan7800

Just please do not play anything about "Dangerous food" or the numbers lady.

Ever

linden2k

Kakursday has begun. We're going to string these shows together. String. get it?

gs2offroad

Kaku makes my brain hurt.  Good stuff, thanks for the stream!

martinol

Kaku is great to listen to, thanks for Kakursday!

Fantastic how Art always has more questions for the guest, or gets them to get into some more details about something. He just seems to be interested in his guests instead of letting them gabble on about their stuff without challenge.

dan7800

Ha! I am listening to the  nov 16 2003 Roger Tolces show with the caller who claims he found the shell casing from the bullet that killed Kennedy.