• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sgt Bergdahl comes home (finally)

Started by pate, June 01, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

pate

Damn, someone beat me to the punch there...

Looks like he's not going to be wandering free for all vets to punch him in the face, I stand corrected...

Tropic Thunder - Srgt. Lincoln Osiris - P.P.S.D. (Robert Downey Jr.)

Fuqital, good stuff if you can get it...

I feel bad for Lincoln Osiris...

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 27, 2015, 04:40:51 PM

Finally left wingers found a military "hero" they can stand behind with pride, and now he's being unfairly persecuted by his own brothers in arms. Oh the shame.
Whiny apocryphal bullshit.  Cheap conservative trick, you constantly conflating opposition to war with opposition to our military personnel. Left wingers don't want our most valuable resource, our people, wasted on wars of "interests".
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are leading a terrific effort to help troops and their families reintegrate into society after combat service:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces

Yeah, full of seething hate, aren't they?

What do all you sanctimonious flag wrapping 'baggers do when our people come home?  Country and Western concerts?  Wonderful.

VtaGeezer

The only thing that lefties are saying about Bergdahl is that he should face charges based on his actual crime and not on the hysterics of right-wingers who want to use him as their whipping boy for the hated Obama.

pate

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 28, 2015, 05:38:47 PM
Whiny apocryphal bullshit.  Cheap conservative trick, you constantly conflating opposition to war with opposition to our military personnel. Left wingers don't want our most valuable resource, our people, wasted on wars of "interests".
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are leading a terrific effort to help troops and their families reintegrate into society after combat service:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces

Yeah, full of seething hate, aren't they?

What do all you sanctimonious flag wrapping 'baggers do when our people come home?  Country and Western concerts?  Wonderful.

I seem to recall a recent "press conference" from a certain electetrik (klown)kar company that sated that they wanted vet'rans to apply...  guess I don't seem to have those "job skillz" unless they were taliking 'bout the sharap part of the schtick...

In-Eeeee-How?  Huh>?  Ima 'nother libtard?  Err sumthin'>?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: pate on February 08, 2015, 04:39:11 AM
I seem to recall a recent "press conference" from a certain electetrik (klown)kar company that sated that they wanted vet'rans to apply...  guess I don't seem to have those "job skillz" unless they were taliking 'bout the sharap part of the schtick...

In-Eeeee-How?  Huh>?  Ima 'nother libtard?  Err sumthin'>?

Are you suffering a stroke?  Really, your Norryese makes this message almost as undecipherable as an actual Noory monologue.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1093238_tesla-recruits-u-s-military-veterans-to-build-electric-cars-in-california

I'm sure in a lucid state you would have no difficulty whatsoever acquiring the skills needed. 

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 28, 2015, 05:38:47 PM
Whiny apocryphal bullshit.  Cheap conservative trick, you constantly conflating opposition to war with opposition to our military personnel...

Didn't the Progs used to claim they were just soft on crime, but not anti-cop?

Until, you know, they started attacking police at their riots, and then finally began marching in favor of murdering them?

No, they aren't hostile to our military personnel, not at all.  Where would anyone get that idea.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2015, 12:36:30 PM
Didn't the Progs used to claim they were just soft on crime, but not anti-cop?

No. No progressives ever claimed to be "soft on crime".  Never claimed to be anti-cop.  Pure fiction on your part.

QuoteUntil, you know, they started attacking police at their riots, and then finally began marching in favor of murdering them?

Plain drivel.  You and GD5150 should hang out.

QuoteNo, they aren't hostile to our military personnel, not at all.  Where would anyone get that idea.

People get that idea through conservative lies.  Conservatives have to paint liberals as "hating America" to even be marginally palatable to voters, so you fabricate this hatred of our soldiers (disgusting fallacy), this hatred of law enforcement (wrongly equating concern for police misconduct for full on hatred of cops), and this general milieu of disdain for this country.

What progressives disdain is what you greedy cowards have done to it.  You have destroyed the middle class, set neighbor against neighbor, created a culture of petty consumption and blame all our woes on someone trying to save a spotted owl.

Vermin.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 08, 2015, 01:06:14 PM
No. No progressives ever claimed to be "soft on crime".  Never claimed to be anti-cop.  Pure fiction on your part...

Oh I see.  All those laws over the past 50 years giving every advantage to the criminals - in and out of court.  And when that doesn't work, just release them when you can.

I guess you're right, you don't really have to tell us you're soft on crime

... Plain drivel.  You and GD5150 should hang out...

Except there's footage of attacks on the police at these riots - certainly the ones around here.  In fact they openly state they incite and probe the police in order to find out what response tactics the cops currently employ (gee, why would they need that information?).  And footage of the marches calling for their deaths.  And video of lefties whipping up anti-cop furor.  And dead cops. 

But never mind all that, now that it's been out of the headlines for a few weeks, it's just 'drivel'.  'Plain drivel' - the worst kind - to be specific

... People get that idea through conservative lies.  Conservatives have to paint liberals as "hating America" to even be marginally palatable to voters, so you fabricate this hatred of our soldiers (disgusting fallacy)...

Well, it's true you don't spit on them anymore or call them baby killers. 

People like John Kerry don't go in front of Senate committee's and lie about having witnessed atrocities that never happened

The Jane Fonda's of the world aren't over behind enemy lines having their pictures taken sitting on anti-aircraft guns, while they are shooting at our planes anymore.

Oh no they do not, not anymore.  They learned not to do that so publicly when it created a backlash. 

But the hate for the military hasn't changed.  If you think it has, what was it that changed everyone's mind?

... Vermin.

No need to sign your posts - your avatar is right there at the top

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2015, 01:40:13 PM
Oh I see.  All those laws over the past 50 years giving every advantage to the criminals - in and out of court.  And when that doesn't work, just release them when you can.

I guess you're right, you don't really have to tell us you're soft on crime

Oh, I see.  The "strict constructionalist", pious defender of the Constitution, will piss a blue streak about the 2nd amendment but when people use the 4th, 5th, and 6th
to defend themselves from overzealous prosecution, its "soft on crime". 

Glad to see hypocrisy is still a key component of conservative debate.

QuoteExcept there's footage of attacks on the police at these riots - certainly the ones around here.  In fact they openly state they incite and probe the police in order to find out what response tactics the cops currently employ (gee, why would they need that information?).  And footage of the marches calling for their deaths.  And video of lefties whipping up anti-cop furor.  And dead cops.

Except there's waaaaay more footage of cops beating, even shooting people.  And note who starts swinging first at almost every damn protest that disturbs the business community? -  5-0.

QuoteBut never mind all that, now that it's been out of the headlines for a few weeks, it's just 'drivel'.  'Plain drivel' - the worst kind - to be specific

Thanks for owning up to it.  Kudos.

QuoteWell, it's true you don't spit on them anymore or call them baby killers.

I've seen demonstrators scream at cops and insult them only to be met not with professionalism or patience but force.  why is it ok for cops to slug someone who hollers at them but if I were to do it, it's "assault" in various degrees?  Unacceptable.  Never seen "spitting", though.

QuotePeople like John Kerry don't go in front of Senate committee's and lie about having witnessed atrocities that never happened

No, actually they don't.  Conservatives do, in a heartbeat, to protect their "interests".  Here's looking at you, tobacco.

QuoteThe Jane Fonda's of the world aren't over behind enemy lines having their pictures taken sitting on anti-aircraft guns, while they are shooting at our planes anymore.

I'll let Jane speak for herself:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/01/jane-fonda-regrets-hanoi-jane

QuoteOh no they do not, not anymore.  They learned not to do that so publicly when it created a backlash.

You mean like good ol' boy Chipper Jones, formerly of the Atlanta Braves, beating the John B. drum on the Caravan to Nowhere?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chipper-jones-apologizes-sandy-hook-hoax-tweet-article-1.2107143

QuoteBut the hate for the military hasn't changed.  If you think it has, what was it that changed everyone's mind?

It was never there.  That was pure concoction by Nixon, Reagan, et al to contrast themselves against those "dirty hippie peaceniks" who were threatening their coin by protesting their wars.

QuoteNo need to sign your posts - your avatar is right there at the top

To be fair, I can see how you misconstrued that as directed at you.  I meant it to include all of your fellow conservatives. 

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 08, 2015, 01:59:45 PM
... I've seen demonstrators scream at cops and insult them...

You realize your position is the Left doesn't hate cops, and mine is they do, right?

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 08, 2015, 01:59:45 PM
... I'll let Jane speak for herself...

She has been absolutely vilified, and rightly so.  Of course she's sorry that's the case, but otherwise she's not - like any criminal who's been caught.

No one is accepting her phony apology, nor should they.  Some things can't be taken back.  But she's a member in good standing with the 'Progressives', and always has been.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2015, 02:21:04 PM
You realize your position is the Left doesn't hate cops, and mine is they do, right?

You do realize that frustration and anger doesn't mean hatred, right?

QuoteShe has been absolutely vilified, and rightly so.  Of course she's sorry that's the case, but otherwise she's not - like any criminal who's been caught.

Again, not a fan of hers, but the fact she acknowledges poor judgement in her Hanoi Jane moment and apologizes for it speaks something to her character.  When was the last time any con apologized for any of their remarks without substantial public prompting?

QuoteNo one is accepting her phony apology, nor should they.

Yet another assertion without evidence.

QuoteSome things can't be taken back.  But she's a member in good standing with the 'Progressives', and always has been.

Well, that and millions of movie goers, women working out, and people who don't hold self-righteous grudges.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 08, 2015, 03:16:36 PM
... Again, not a fan of hers, but the fact she acknowledges poor judgement in her Hanoi Jane moment and apologizes for it speaks something to her character.  When was the last time any con apologized for any of their remarks without substantial public prompting?...

Are you saying Hanoi Jane's 'apologies' are 'without substantial public prompting'?

It took 40 some years of being reminded of her treachery and treason at nearly every event she attended, all the comments - written and spoken - about it over those years, for her to finally 'apologize'.  And that wasn't 'substantial public prompting'? 

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 08, 2015, 03:16:36 PM

You do realize that frustration and anger doesn't mean hatred, right?...

Meanwhile those stores are still looted, those building are still burned, the downtowns where these little terrorist bands marched are still digging out and trying to figure out where to find the money to pay for cleanup and police overtime, and those cops are still dead.

But hey, the easily propagandized, self-righteous among us  feel good about themselves, and that's what matters

Kelt

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2015, 04:04:58 PM
Meanwhile those stores are still looted, those building are still burned, the downtowns where these little terrorist bands marched are still digging out and trying to figure out where to find the money to pay for cleanup and police overtime, and those cops are still dead.

But hey, the easily propagandized, self-righteous among us  feel good about themselves, and that's what matters

Do you find comfort living in a Fantasy Bubble O Rhetoric?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2015, 04:04:58 PM
But hey, the easily propagandized, self-righteous among us  feel good about themselves, and that's what matters.
Glad to see you're finally doing some desperately needed self-evaluation.

albrecht

http://www.kshb.com/news/national/us-military-to-make-announcement-on-bergdahl-case
What will be the punishment for Obama' hero and will Obama pardon him? Also, has there been any news of the terrorists Obama traded for Bergdahl? Any recaptured? Any participate in new peaceful Muslim activities like bombings or beheadings?

Quick Karl

5-terrorists for a deserter...

Liberal intelligence, defined.

Quick Karl

5-TERRORISTS released for a DESERTER, and not ONE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT will speak out against this obvious betrayal of America and AMERICAN SOLDIERS that got KILLED looking for that P.O.S., and we're not supposed to question the competence or motives of the liberal left...

Now WATCH as the liberal left does EVEYTHING to defend The deserter P.O.S. and Obama.

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GOING TO TAKE ????

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on March 25, 2015, 06:12:08 PM

5-TERRORISTS released for a DESERTER, and not ONE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT will speak out against this obvious betrayal of America and AMERICAN SOLDIERS that got KILLED looking for that P.O.S., and we're not supposed to question the competence or motives of the liberal left...

Now WATCH as the liberal left does EVEYTHING to defend The deserter P.O.S. and Obama.

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GOING TO TAKE ????

More screaming, definitely more screaming.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on March 25, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
More screaming, definitely more screaming.

More doing nothing, definitely more doing nothing, just so long as its your team shitting on America.

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on March 25, 2015, 07:31:38 PM
More doing nothing, definitely more doing nothing, just so long as its your team shitting on America.

You are 5 kinds of bottled crazy. If the truth ever did decide to gurgle out of your twisted rhetoric, no one would give you a second thought... cuz you are fuckin crazy.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on March 25, 2015, 07:37:03 PM
You are 5 kinds of bottled crazy. If the truth ever did decide to gurgle out of your twisted rhetoric, no one would give you a second thought... cuz you are fuckin crazy.

Ah the Pious Dr. Onan returns... I am so happy to see that my post compels you to get all defensive, so predictably.

albrecht

Quote from: Quick Karl on March 25, 2015, 07:46:52 PM
Ah the Pious Dr. Onan returns... I am so happy to see that my post compels you to get all defensive, so predictably.
I was waiting, for replies, since the usual Obama adherents have been suspiciously silent on the latest news regarding Obama's hero. And, as usual, reply doesn't address the issue of Bergdahl or the terrorists released for him. I wonder what punishment he will get and if he will be pardoned even. Maybe a new "body-man?" I mean isn't it racist that he only "vacations" with body-men "of color?"

Gd5150

Based on Bergdahl deal we can only hope Obama will at least allow the US to keep half of our nucUlar weapons before giving Iran the other half. He and his team are the tough negotiators. We haven't seen this level foreign policy skill since another distinguished commander in chief.

[attachimg=1]

VtaGeezer

Imagine the right's stilted indignation if The Kenyan Mooslum had left Bergdahl a prisoner as the US pull-out continued.  I can hear O'Reilly's pontification now; "Word has reached The Factor of the execution of the only American POW in Afghanistan, Sgt Bo Bergdahl, by the Taliban.  We also learned that the enemy wanted to negotiate a prisoner exchange for Bergdahl, a brave but disturbed American who'd already spent 5 years in hellish captivity after combat stress drove him to walk away from his unit in Afghansitan.  The Obama WH stiff-armed the offer, showing disdain for our long-standing military tradition of not leaving anyone behind. Maybe Mr. Obama just doesn't think an American is worth a few aging Taliban prisoners from Gitmo." 

Either way, the right has a very useful Catch 22 in Bergdahl.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 26, 2015, 12:30:10 PM
Imagine the right's stilted indignation if The Kenyan Mooslum had left Bergdahl a prisoner as the US pull-out continued.  I can hear O'Reilly's pontification now; "Word has reached The Factor of the execution of the only American POW in Afghanistan, Sgt Bo Bergdahl, by the Taliban.  We also learned that the enemy wanted to negotiate a prisoner exchange for Bergdahl, a brave but disturbed American who'd already spent 5 years in hellish captivity after combat stress drove him to walk away from his unit in Afghansitan.  The Obama WH stiff-armed the offer, showing disdain for our long-standing military tradition of not leaving anyone behind. Maybe Mr. Obama just doesn't think an American is worth a few aging Taliban prisoners from Gitmo." 

Either way, the right has a very useful Catch 22 in Bergdahl.

No El Rushbo, reference? Hannity?  Right-winger talk radio?? Why, I'm damn near speechless.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 26, 2015, 12:40:09 PM

No El Rushbo, reference? Hannity?  Right-winger talk radio?? Why, I'm damn near speechless.
Only because it's obvious that the entire right wing chorus would jump on Obama either way. 

rzr1911

http://youtu.be/Mt_CUBByPnQ
I've no clue about the case.
Just posting this since it's new, and might interest somebody here.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 26, 2015, 06:24:43 PM
http://youtu.be/Mt_CUBByPnQ
I've no clue about the case.
Just posting this since it's new, and might interest somebody here.

thanks, wow, wtf

Gd5150

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 26, 2015, 01:27:27 PM
Only because it's obvious that the entire right wing chorus would jump on Obama either way.

Only the most diehard left-wingers fail to see the problem in trading 5 terrorists for 1 American who was a deserter. And the government knew he was a deserter at the time the trade was made. This is one of those truly puzzling decisions that there is no way to rationalize or justify. Like having a personal email server instead of using a government email when you're 4th in line to be president.