• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory ROCKS -- A Board for George Noory Fans

Started by bcotx, April 06, 2008, 08:00:27 AM

When I grow up, I want to be just like George Noory.

ItsOver

I can't imagine why something from "The Jerk" would come to mind when it comes to Jorch and "purpose."  ;)

"My dear family..." :-)

Are these Georje Noary ROCKS, crackrocks?
May I have one?

Quote from: thefamilyghost on February 10, 2013, 09:30:13 PM
When I grow up, I want to be just like George Noory.
No you don't.
Your Mother would be very disappointed in you  :(

Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be Noorys... Don't let them pick noses and Hoagland a-suck...

(With apologies to Willie Nelson.)

IvannZ

I was listening to the show with the David Shrader when he filled in for one of the weekend hosts. I was never more bored from that show, and what was seemingly an interesting topic as well. This is where George excels over other hosts. The questions that Shrader asked were so uninteresting or to complicated for the average listener. You see George knows how to make the questions engaging and interesting for the layman. If it gets to complicated you just want to turn off your radio. This is why George has been on for 10 years and counting. C2C remains today as a top show because of George Noory. There is no better host on the radio today. Furthermore, George has great opinions and insight on the subjects as well. Another great asset by George.

BobGrau

(checks calendar) ...no, that was yesterday.

Meanandnasty

I agree.  He excels at sucking up the show.

Falkie2013

Quote from: IvannZ on April 02, 2013, 03:58:39 AM
I was listening to the show with the David Shrader when he filled in for one of the weekend hosts. I was never more bored from that show, and what was seemingly an interesting topic as well. This is where George excels over other hosts. The questions that Shrader asked were so uninteresting or to complicated for the average listener. You see George knows how to make the questions engaging and interesting for the layman. If it gets to complicated you just want to turn off your radio. This is why George has been on for 10 years and counting. C2C remains today as a top show because of George Noory. There is no better host on the radio today. Furthermore, George has great opinions and insight on the subjects as well. Another great asset by George.

" No better host on the radio today. "

Laughing Sal-Laff'n Sal-Laffin Sal

RedMichael

Its disturbing that you found a video like that.

stevesh

Quote from: IvannZ on April 02, 2013, 03:58:39 AM
The questions that Shrader asked were so uninteresting or to complicated for the average listener. You see George knows how to make the questions engaging and interesting for the layman. If it gets to complicated you just want to turn off your radio.
If I can take IvannZ seriously for a second, I think he has it exactly right. The listenership of C2C has become so stupid that Noory's 'index card' questions approach the limit of what they are capable of understanding.

It may be a sort of chicken-and-the-egg thing as to whether the audience dumbed down first and Noory gives them what they want, or Noory turned out to be so stupid himself that he drove away those of us with half a brain.

Guest Robert Stevens began telling a story of a woman who spoke with a Jinn that walked in the bar she was in.
Noory asked if he ordered a gin. I laughed.

136 or 142

GNR no longer stands for Guns 'n' Roses but for George Noory ROCKS or George Noory RULES!

Just Kidding! GNS!

Seriously though, I used to think he was half decent and occasionally asked good followup questions, but now I suspect he doesn't even listen to anything the guest says.