• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

rzr1911

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 06, 2015, 01:11:46 PM
And what nugget of knowledge have you contributed?  We now know that you hate comments such as "THIS"!  Good for you.
It's in your interest too, raising the quality of conversation. If we don't stop this trend nobody can even guess what you're talking about. We aren't quite there yet, but it could happen.

zeebo

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on April 06, 2015, 11:10:31 AM
...At least stay around here and joke with us :)  Even if there's never a show it's still fun to have you around.

Yes! It's always cool to see you posting Art, show or no show.  In any case we all hope your feel better and thanks for all your efforts.

zeebo

Quote from: MV on April 06, 2015, 01:14:29 PM
he invests a lot of energy in being upset by how/when/where/why others post.  we all need a hobby, i suppose.

Ahem, this post is missing proper case, and overuses forward slashes.

onan

Quote from: rzr1911 on April 06, 2015, 01:00:24 PM
I hate these comments from the bottom of my soul. It's pretty much the climax of arse-crawling. I always think "can't this dude come up with something of his own instead of writing "THIS!". It really hurts my brain everytime I see it. Nothing personal.

^^^^This, really this. QFT. ^^^^^

Marc.Knight

Quote from: zeebo on April 06, 2015, 01:23:07 PM
Ahem, this post is missing proper case, and overuses forward slashes.

...and too many big words.  My head hurts.

rzr1911

I went to the supermarket today, wanted to buy 6 liters of the Red Bull clone they're selling for 1/4 the price of Red Bull.
They were closed.
Easter Monday pushed me over the edge.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: rzr1911 on April 06, 2015, 01:39:57 PM
I went to the supermarket today, wanted to buy 6 liters of the Red Bull clone they're selling for 1/4 the price of Red Bull.
They were closed.
Easter Monday pushed me over the edge.

Apology accepted.

If Art's so stressed out over negotiations, him pulling back and letting someone else take the reins is the right idea but why Keith? The man is a dolt and in way over his head.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 06, 2015, 01:58:58 PM
If Art's so stressed out over negotiations, him pulling back and letting someone else take the reins is the right idea but why Keith? The man is a dolt and in way over his head.

Are my eyes playing tricks with me or is that middle finger longer than it used to be?

Art Bell

Not true, Keith knows what he is doing plus has a Lawyer working with him.

Art

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on April 06, 2015, 02:06:55 PM

Art

oh thank god.

VegasI15

Good call Art.  If I were in your shoes, I'd pack up and take the family to the Philippines for a while.  Let this blow over and start with a fresh mind.   Please take care.

Art

Good to hear, Art. Go with the people you trust. Only way to get a deal that you can live with.

coaster

Don't get stressed out. None of this should be a stressful situation. Take a break.

If it's the Battlestar Galactica avatar guy, then I'm still afraid. Anyway, Art, there's still time and only an imaginary deadline in July hanging over your head so don't stress out. Your fans waited this long, what's a few more months to get the wording of the contract down?

@Marc: The finger has a mind of its own.  ;)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on April 06, 2015, 02:10:26 PM
oh thank god.

Thanks for keeping your eye on things MV...err...eyes...nevermind.

dan7800

Good things take time.

If the music stuff doesn't work out, how about just playing the "screams of hell" sound clips as the bumper. I never did buy that they were recorded by some Russian miners. I always felt like they were the sounds of people tied up and being forced to listen to Dave for prolonged periods of time.

Quote from: dan7800 on April 06, 2015, 02:24:00 PM
I always felt like they were the sounds of people tied up and being forced to listen to Dave for prolonged periods of time.

The woman that is screaming can be heard saying, "They told us it was a Knapp night" repeatedly.

dan7800

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 06, 2015, 02:27:40 PM
The woman that is screaming can be heard saying, "They told us it was a Knapp night" repeatedly.

"No more numbers lady" can also be heard

This could be a fun side thread.... "Things heard by people listening to Dave"

lonevoice

Art
Best news of the day.   Thanks for letting us know, Art.  I hope you can just take care of you right now, and let others deal with the bullshit. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: dan7800 on April 06, 2015, 02:24:00 PM
Good things take time.

If the music stuff doesn't work out, how about just playing the "screams of hell" sound clips as the bumper. I never did buy that they were recorded by some Russian miners. I always felt like they were the sounds of people tied up and being forced to listen to Dave for prolonged periods of time.

I wonder what the "make or break" contract issue is? 

Some possibilities:

"At the end of your contract you hereby promise to promptly deliver unto to us your eternal soul" or,

"If you breach this contract in any way we hold the right to remove any and all oxygen within a one mile radius of your body" or,

"This contract will hereby be in effect until the end of the universe, or until the second coming of Christ, whichever comes first."

:D

Quote from: dan7800 on April 06, 2015, 02:29:17 PM
"No more numbers lady" can also be heard

Incoherent babbling followed by "invest in gold" and something about the killshot. Creepy stuff.

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 06, 2015, 02:32:02 PM
I wonder what the "make or break" contract issue is?

In addition to the ten year non-compete, Art must reveal the third secret of Fátima in its entirety and eat a whole plate of pizza rolls/lava.

dan7800

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 06, 2015, 02:35:39 PM
In addition to the ten year non-compete, Art must reveal the third secret of Fátima in its entirety and eat a whole plate of pizza rolls/lava.

Yea man. Pizza Rolls would be bad. They are quite dangerous and could burn your mouth.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 06, 2015, 02:35:39 PM

....smothered in "extra-thick" pizza punch.

Marc.Knight

Another "make or break":

"In the event of early termination of this contract you shall forfeit the ability to purchase catnip for 10 years, and shall be barred from logging into BellGab for eternity."

Marc.Knight

I have this recurring nightmare that MV is going to take down BellGab for a server switch-over in the middle of Art's all-important post....

ART: "Ok folks, we finally have a decision after many hours of contract negotiations.  Our FINAL decision about the show is....." - and MV, snickering, flips the damn switch.

morgana213

Art
We love you Art, regardless of whether or not you have a show. You are one of those special people in the world with a gift that has made a difference in the lives of thousands of other souls.  Thanks for giving us such a wonderful ride!!

Keep yourself busy and forget about the contract and the show for a little while.  Things will work out!!

bateman

Quote from: MV on April 06, 2015, 09:44:16 AM
this place was around long before there was any hope of art coming back in any capacity.  we will persevere.

Long live georgenoorysucks.com

Pale Horse

Quote from: MV on April 06, 2015, 01:12:43 PM
agreeing or disagreeing with you is how one's ability to see reason is measured?  that makes sense.

With your cross-eyed avatar, I wasn't sure if you were capable of reasoning about anything. It seems entertaining opposing points of view hurts your little brain. Vaccine Compensation Courts, ChemTrails, 9/11 Was an Outsourced Job. These opinions seem to enrage you and cut off your ability to reason. Hence my suspicion that you lacked the ability.