• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DesertFox on April 02, 2015, 01:56:46 PM
I'm getting the Neville Chamberlain vibe from our recent foreign policy.

Ding and Winston Churchill's "The Gathering Storm" warnings that few took serious at the time.

Like it or not, the World turns into a screwed up place without America's leadership and policing.

Collective human nature, is to bury head in sand, until matters get completely out of hand and then along comes a new leader that has the charisma to convince them of the necessities of making a sacrifice for the greater good.
Wash,  Rinse and Repeat, for each new generation. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DesertFox on April 02, 2015, 02:21:23 PM

Yes bending over backwards for Shiites in Iran are getting the Sunnis mistrustful of the US and they are going on their own to protect their interests.  And then throw in that we got bad options on the two sides of Iran/Iraq v. ISIS as we let Iran take the lead v. ISIS while we again lead from behind.  Just a mess.

Yep...and how about when South Korea, Taiwan and Japan lose faith in our protection umbrella and go Nuke.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on April 02, 2015, 04:09:52 PM
Well both are inclined torward making a gaff.

I am just sitting around waiting for a Contract which will most likely upset me further if it ever gets here. I have never been a drinker, perhaps I should start.

Art

Well Art, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to completely swear off the use of a Ouija Board.

Art, it would be quite the ray in your halo if you could persuade Stephen Hawking to say a few words on MITD.

Barring that, then perhaps Johnny Hardwick calling in some sightings.

(Hardwick is the legendary voice talent behind Dale Gribble of King of the Hill.)

ge30542

Hey Mr. Bell,  Did any of the "Anti-Christ" line callers sound like Mr. Obama?

Danger!UFO

I am just sitting around waiting for a Contract which will most likely upset me further if it ever gets here. I have never been a drinker, perhaps I should start.

Art

Art, we are all waiting with you.

SaucyRossy

Skip the drinks, maybe take a toke of aldous's dubious.

paladin1991

Art
Scotch. 4 fingers .... in a water glass. Neat. No ice, no water....none of that sniveling beta male BS. 

Ms. C

Quote from: SaucyRossy on April 02, 2015, 06:27:32 PM

and I concur with this!   8)

wr250

Quote from: SaucyRossy on April 02, 2015, 06:27:32 PM

concur

I hope art doesn't decide to toss in the towel if the contract comes back and there are a few things he doesn't like. He should try to negotiate again. I don't think anyone has ever been happy with the first "final" contract that anyone delivers.

ge30542

Skip the drinks AND the dubious, proceed directly to "speed-balls". LOL

Heather Wade

Quote from: ge30542 on April 02, 2015, 06:59:20 PM
Skip the drinks AND the dubious, proceed directly to "speed-balls". LOL

This ^ guy is not messing around, Gabbers. 

zeebo

If I want to combine uppers and downers I just have a double espresso while listening to G. Noory.

lonevoice

Quote from: Art Bell on March 01, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?
Art, what fortuitous timing for you!  I just spotted this article in the Orange County Register today.

Quote from: Orange County Register
What would Jesus drink? Experts guess what wine was like in ancient times and what modern ones are similar

Here's a link to the article:  http://www.ocregister.com/articles/wine-656405-wines-grapes.html

Now you can combine your interest in having a closer look at the life of Jesus, with a new hobby we can call WWJD (What Would Jesus Drink?).  That should make the time go faster for you, which might also stimulate some new thoughts  for you about the true nature of time travel.  Please report back with the results of your studies.

ge30542

Didn't he serve Chardonnay with the loaves & fishes?

Art Bell

Well at least I can use my time looking for music, can anybody find me a copy (MP3) of little ballerina blue?

Art

ge30542

I'm praying the contract arrives to Mr. Bell's liking, so that once again, we'll have talk radio "raging through the night, like a freight train"...(cue Abba's Dancing Queen)

https://m.soundcloud.com/kraig-mo/little-ballerina-blue-mp3

I am on my phone otherwise I'd get the file and send it to art. Can someone do that?

laserjock

Art, you've been around as long as me, but just in case you don't know of it, the usenet is a source of hard to find things sometimes.  You have to get a usenet provider though because most ISPs no longer provide access or the access is very very limited to only a few groups.  The usenet also hosts a lot of discussion boards, but it's a bit like the wild wild west and is unmoderated.  I used to visit some of the famous rock band newsgroups, but got tired of some of the weirdos (there really are some pretty messed up people on the interwebs).

I also want to say, I disagree about foreign policy, we've got 10's of thousands of traumatized, forgotten, and ignored veterans who can't get work, have lost their minds, and are homeless, all thanks to the foolishness of jumping into wars that aren't our responsibility.  Let the Saudis do things for themselves, let their soldiers die for a change.  With the monies we've wasted we could have put EVERYBODY back to work, we could have fixed our highways and bridges, and maybe even have cured cancer by now.  It's time of U.S. arrogance to back down.  We're not the boss and we shouldn't be the boss.

Quote from: laserjock on April 02, 2015, 08:21:32 PM
Art, you've been around as long as me, but just in case you don't know of it, the usenet is a source of hard to find things sometimes.  You have to get a usenet provider though because most ISPs no longer provide access or the access is very very limited to only a few groups.  The usenet also hosts a lot of discussion boards, but it's a bit like the wild wild west and is unmoderated.  I used to visit some of the famous rock band newsgroups, but got tired of some of the weirdos (there really are some pretty messed up people on the interwebs).

I also want to say, I disagree about foreign policy, we've got 10's of thousands of traumatized, forgotten, and ignored veterans who can't get work, have lost their minds, and are homeless, all thanks to the foolishness of jumping into wars that aren't our responsibility.  Let the Saudis do things for themselves, let their soldiers die for a change.  With the monies we've wasted we could have put EVERYBODY back to work, we could have fixed our highways and bridges, and maybe even have cured cancer by now.  It's time of U.S. arrogance to back down.  We're not the boss and we shouldn't be the boss.

Politics thread please. Also your wrong if a country starts lobbing nukes it effects everyone.

If you want to discuss it further please do so in the politics area.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 02, 2015, 08:15:40 PM
https://m.soundcloud.com/kraig-mo/little-ballerina-blue-mp3

I am on my phone otherwise I'd get the file and send it to art. Can someone do that?

I'm having problems downloading the song. nooryisawesome , can you take care of it?

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 02, 2015, 08:35:53 PM
I'm having problems downloading the song. nooryisawesome , can you take care of it?

As soon as I make it to an actual computer I will. But I suspect jazmunda or someone else will beat me to it.

b_dubb

We have to ritualistically sacrifice a C-Crane radio to ensure the fruition of MITD

Who wants to volunteer their C-Crane radio?

Surmo

Quote from: b_dubb on April 02, 2015, 08:48:06 PM
We have to ritualistically sacrifice a C-Crane radio to ensure the fruition of MITD

Who wants to volunteer their C-Crane radio?

I will.....got it in late October 2013, and never took it out of the box.  Its a Virgin, so that should help.

Surmo

OOps, wait....that is a Sirius Radio.  Will that work?

b_dubb

Quote from: Surmo on April 02, 2015, 08:53:48 PM
OOps, wait....that is a Sirius Radio.  Will that work?
As long as it involves a baseball bat and it's filmed