• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Rix Gins

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 07, 2016, 01:14:59 PM
What a cheesy film! LOL  I think that was made shortly after The Devil's Rain, another winner.  His career started off well enough with significant parts in The Brothers Karamazov, Judgement At Nuremburg and generally good roles in Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Thriller and The Twilight Zone. He really hit bottom in the 70's though.  I think he was living in a camper at one point.

He also made a movie where he played an Indian in the old west.  Can't remember the name of it but it's always included in those mega western movie collections that you can get for $4.99 at Walmart.  Totally unwatchable.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 07, 2016, 12:45:57 PM
[attachment id=1 msg=831105]

I see Art has finally come to his senses re Trump.  Meanwhile the GOP damage control simply can't keep up with Trump's daily barrage of verbal insults and offenses. An RNC open/contested convention is looking more like a reality every day.

Yes, but what will Art say tomorrow? He has gone back and forth as regards his qualms about Trump. People are not only fence-sitting on Trump, they're climbing off and on the fence as they try to anticipate his next move, If Art has finally seen the light, good for him. But I wouldn't bet on it.

As for Republican delegates, I don't care at this point whether they dump Trump on principle or out of sheer terror at what's to come, as long as they do it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 07, 2016, 01:29:39 PM
Good job of providing a more balanced picture of the size of our federal debt. Another factor that has to be considered is the extremely low interest rate environment that the fed has thoughtfully arranged. This saves the Federal government and the taxpayers billions of dollars every year in interest payments, Put another way, the size of the debt can't be considered without also considering the cost of maintaining the debt and its effect on the government's ability to fund necessary programs and expenditures year after year.

The downside of the low-interest environment is how it hurts savers. Also, it doesn't begin to make up for the inflation in the real estate market. A low-interest mortgage doesn't help much when it doesn't enable so many in the middle class to afford even a modest home in many areas of the country. What's happened to the cost of living relative to income is a very big problem, from real estate to education to healthcare to the food you put on the table.

I have yet to hear a workable economic plan from any candidate or party that effectively addresses all major facets of our current problems  (also accounting for and accommodating trends like the move to automation and the elimination or reduction of many existing job categories). Simplistic slogans and plans like "Reduce the government" and "Reform the tax code" don't have much value unless there is also an overarching plan that integrates these initiatives and can realistically achieve the goals of a revitalized economy and improved quality of life for the American people.

Again, thanks for the added perspective, often missing from discussions about the debt.

The problem is, that article had overly optimistic predictions, to say the least. It did not decline as predicted in the 2010's, it skyrocketed.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/GFDEGDQ188S

ItsOver

Here's what the CBO has,

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/51129#section1

As with any assessment, so much is based upon potentially large variables, such as economic growth, inflation, interest rates, etc.  Tell me what result you want and I can fudge the numbers to fit. ;)  Heaven forbid that any large bureaucracy would, as a matter of self-interest.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ItsOver on June 07, 2016, 02:07:35 PM
Here's what the CBO has,

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/51129#section1

As with any assessment, so much is based upon potentially large variables, such as economic growth, inflation, interest rates, etc.  Tell me what result you want and I can fudge the numbers to fit. ;)  Heaven forbid that any large bureaucracy would, as a matter of self-interest.

In addition, it's very hard to assess how much you can actually afford to spend when you own the printing press at the U.S. Mint. One thing that might be useful in thinking about how to get a handle on the debt situation would be to focus on manageable debt rather than the national debt as inherently a bad thing.

Too much of anything is a bad thing. But it would help to arrive at a consensus of how much debt is workable for the federal government, even with all the complex and changing variables. Percentage of GDP would no doubt be one factor in coming up with a practical formula.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 07, 2016, 12:45:57 PM
[attachment id=1 msg=831105]

I see Art has finally come to his senses re Trump.  Meanwhile the GOP damage control simply can't keep up with Trump's daily barrage of verbal insults and offenses. An RNC open/contested convention is looking more like a reality every day.

lol, this is same liar who said he had a "stalker" and was under fire at his home, who tells everyone how great Heather is doing his show.

Art has zero credibility to gauge anything other than where he put his socks.

bateman

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/282585-donors-trumps-remark-on-judge-hurts-fundraising

QuoteA well-known Republican donor and fundraiser who spoke on condition of anonymity told The Hill he was supporting the party but was fed up with Trump.

“I can’t be unique in this. There must be dozens of people who say ‘f--- this guy’ if he behaves this way,” he said.

QuoteThey are tearing their hair out

Value Of Pi

For Lt. Uhura, Mr. Spock and all BGers who are fans of logic (the kind Star Trek loved to demonstrate in such scenes as Kirk convincing various computers to self-terminate), here's a great analysis from Slate. I'm not often in full agreement with this writer, but his analysis of Trump's written response on the "Mexican" judge controversy is a tour de force of laser-like thinking.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/07/donald_trump_s_statement_about_the_mexican_judge_is_more_damning_than_he.html

starrmtn001

LIVE Donald Trump Final Super Tuesday Press Conference Live From Westchester, New York 6/7/16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvOJjXZWyo

starrmtn001

There is a 'Tempest In A Teacup' and it will blow over.  One can get only so much mileage out of the mundane.

Trump is giving the speech of his life.

This is the Trump I like.

mikuthing01

Sending President Trump my power and rare pepe's \o/

Bring back manufacturing and deport the illegals 2016!

Jesus, these fucking idiots in these focus groups on Fox News.

A cross mix of Hillary, Trump, Bernie, and Ted Crud supporters are spewing their bullshit opinions.

Fucking disgusting.

Bring back an IQ test to be able to vote.

starrmtn001

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 07, 2016, 07:43:43 PM

A cross mix of Hillary, Trump, Bernie, and Ted Crud supporters are spewing their bullshit opinions.

Fucking disgusting.

Yes!

The hilarious thing is that it'd disqualify you from voting!  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 07, 2016, 07:53:33 PM
The hilarious thing is that it'd disqualify you from voting!  8)

Zing!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Fucking disgusting.

You'd be fucked then. So too if an IQ test was a pre-requisite to breed; then you wouldn't be fucked; as it were.

Have you ever seen a bare woman that wasn't in a magazine with pages stuck together?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 08, 2016, 12:09:05 AM
You'd be fucked then. So too if an IQ test was a pre-requisite to breed; then you wouldn't be fucked; as it were.

Have you ever seen a bare woman that wasn't in a magazine with pages stuck together?

Good to have back, pud! Or maybe I just haven't been in the threads you've been in lately. Either way I think it's good for you to get this shit out of your system every once in awhile...medically speaking, of course.  ;)

You knew what you were getting with Trump. Don't act shocked. I for one like that fact Trump calls it like he sees it. You choice is between a career fraud establishment  candidate who rode their spouses coat tails to success or an outsider who is overly blunt. Nothing is going to get better by electing the same political type canidates over and over again.

Gonzalo Curiel has ties to LA RAZA a group  that advocates in favor of progressive immigration reform policies, including a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and reduced deportations. The fact Trump stated Cruiel heritage and obvious anti-Trump political views distorted his opinion is probably factual.

Here we witness the Huffington Post going full retard advocating violence against Trump supporters...

http://archive.is/HoNC6

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 08, 2016, 12:20:18 AM
You knew what you were getting with Trump. Don't act shocked. I for one like that fact Trump calls it like he sees it. You choice is between a career fraud establishment  candidate who rode their spouses coat tails to success or an outsider who is overly blunt. Nothing is going to get better by electing the same political type canidates over and over again.

Gonzalo Curiel has ties to LA RAZA a group  that advocates in favor of progressive immigration reform policies, including a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and reduced deportations. The fact Trump stated Cruiel heritage and obvious anti-Trump political views distorted his opinion is probably factual.

Nothing wrong with being blunt: but a lot wrong in being totally devoid of anything remotely approaching his self proclaimed man of the people. It's a giveaway when he talks of himself in the third person.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 08, 2016, 12:33:52 AM
Nothing wrong with being blunt: but a lot wrong in being totally devoid of anything remotely approaching his self proclaimed man of the people. It's a giveaway when he talks of himself in the third person.

Is he doing that now?! I thought that was only a Bob Dole thing?  ???

Value Of Pi

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 08, 2016, 12:20:18 AM

Not only are this judge's personal political views not known, it wouldn't matter if they were. The whole legitimacy and integrity of the justice system depends on the presumption of judges being able to apply the law without personal or political prejudice. Without evidence that a judge is unable to rule fairly, attempting to remove a judge or subvert his or her authority is an attack on our constitutional system. That's why people are so upset about this, beyond the racism.

Simply put, the judge is doing his job. There is no evidence to the contrary and no excuse for Trump's behavior. (And very tellingly, his lawyers have made no motions on this matter.) If Trump attempted to intimidate a judge for personal or political gain while president, it would be a violation of his oath to protect and preserve the Constitution. It would also be possible grounds for impeachment, depending on the strength of the case against him..

Lt.Uhura

Trump's personal attack on Cruiel's heritage is a result of the judge following through on the case. 

'Twas a totally different story for the pretty blonde Florida AG who dismissed the charges against Trump U just four days after Trump donated $25k to her campaign.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/florida-attorney-general-dropped-trump-u-fraud-suit-right-after-gop-candidate-gave-her-25000/

SciFiAuthor

Fucking disgusting.

I saw that. My jaw dropped. The lack of intelligence was indescribable. All catch phrases and memes.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 08, 2016, 01:56:06 AM
Trump's personal attack on Cruiel's heritage is a result of the judge following through on the case. 

'Twas a totally different story for the pretty blonde Florida AG who dismissed the charges against Trump U just four days after Trump donated $25k to her campaign.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/florida-attorney-general-dropped-trump-u-fraud-suit-right-after-gop-candidate-gave-her-25000/

It is an exceedingly corrupt political/judicial system. Electing year after year of political class elites is what has got us in this mess.

Juan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 08, 2016, 02:01:49 AM
I saw that. My jaw dropped. The lack of intelligence was indescribable. All catch phrases and memes.
They didn't want anyone more able to think than Megyn Kelly.  She has become as full of herself as a mainstream network anchor.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 08, 2016, 12:36:56 AM
Is he doing that now?! I thought that was only a Bob Dole thing?  ???

Which bit are you struggling with? The man of the people bit or the self reference in the third person?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 08, 2016, 05:09:37 AM
Which bit are you struggling with? The man of the people bit or the self reference in the third person?

I think Bob Dole never became president because the whole third person thing seemed a bit crazy to most. That and he had the personality of a bowl of fake plastic fruit. Ironic for a guy who came from a fruit plantation.  ;)