• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Great Video for Art Bell.

Started by jedimiller, February 07, 2016, 01:06:30 AM

jedimiller

I made this video for Art Bell about a week ago on the Facebook group. I was told to share it here. Hi Art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0A6-PwXdng

Let me know what you think. Did I go too far? I just heard Art On the Bellgab cast a few days ago and he reminded me of this site.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: jedimiller on February 08, 2016, 03:21:28 AM
Any thoughts????

Seems like a heartfelt appeal. It can't hurt, it might help, if Art saw it. He knows how his fans feel of course, but I don't think he's faced up to all the facts yet. So, not a bad thing for you to put a face on the situation.

Auslandia

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 08, 2016, 04:12:48 AM
Seems like a heartfelt appeal. It can't hurt, it might help, if Art saw it. He knows how his fans feel of course, but I don't think he's faced up to all the facts yet. So, not a bad thing for you to put a face on the situation.

I recognize the guys voice. He has called into the show fair amount

ziznak

Quote from: jedimiller on February 07, 2016, 01:06:30 AM
I made this video for Art Bell about a week ago on the Facebook group. I was told to share it here. Hi Art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0A6-PwXdng

Let me know what you think. Did I go too far? I just heard Art On the Bellgab cast a few days ago and he reminded me of this site.
you should have gone further

cweb

I was hoping he'd open the Coke and Art would magically pop out and make everything happy again.

Anyhoo, cheers to ya dude- I feel the same pain.

SkinnyBob

The emotions everyone feels are completely valid.

But what everyone needs to do is put yourself in Art's shoes.  The life, safety, and sanity of him and his family has been physically threatened.  There is no doubt this has been extremely traumatizing for them.  You would do the same thing if in that situation.

You can't have any expectation that he's going to make drastic changes in their lives just to make his fans happy again.  It's just completely unreasonable and very selfish IMO to think he should do this.

It would be great if the perpetrator is caught, but as far as we know, they met their goal of getting Art off the air and they may never show up again until Art does something else to piss them off.

And Heather really isn't all that bad.  Much better than Snoory.  So if you see a guest you find interesting then definitely give it a shot.

If you're severely depressed about anything in your life please consider seeing a therapist to help you.

BettyO417

Quote from: jedimiller on February 08, 2016, 03:21:28 AM
Any thoughts????

Don't think that you went to far jedimiller. Problem is that all of us who have waited, hoped, supported and defended Art aren't that important. I too have been on the rollercoaster ride like most of you, but the dynamics in Art's life have changed. It's done and I don't know why Art won't say it! His actions speak louder than his words!

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but like I've said before, if Ramona was still here Art would be on the air at least a couple of days a week. I feel to my core that Art has not only had to make a decision for his family's safety, but his wife could care less about his fans and is not happy with the time spent to prepare and do the show. I might be accused of being repetitive, but Art stated on a few occasions from the start of MITD, that his girls were unhappy with the time spent away from them. Fortunately for them he's retired and not having to work a 40+ hour a week job.

Listen to the GabCast with MV interviewing Art. As important as this was to so many of us, toward the end I think he was told something by someone whispering to him. Art responds affirmatively and says he needs to end the conversation. Yes, Art gave us a fair amount of time, and maybe I'm assuming that it's his wife. But I for one would have NEVER asked my husband to stop something he had committed to, until he himself was through. I'm his wife not his mother. Like I said, whole different ballgame we're dealing with. I say this honestly and respectfully.

So fellow BellGabber come on back, jump in and let's figure this out together! Art's gone, but we have fresh blood rising: DarkCity with Steve Warner, DeepTalk Network, The GabCast etc. Let's support them and watch beauty rise out of ashes! ;)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: BettyO417 on February 10, 2016, 12:50:26 PM
Don't think that you went to far jedimiller. Problem is that all of us who have waited, hoped, supported and defended Art aren't that important. I too have been on the rollercoaster ride like most of you, but the dynamics in Art's life have changed. It's done and I don't know why Art won't say it! His actions speak louder than his words!

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but like I've said before, if Ramona was still here Art would be on the air at least a couple of days a week. I feel to my core that Art has not only had to make a decision for his family's safety, but his wife could care less about his fans and is not happy with the time spent to prepare and do the show. I might be accused of being repetitive, but Art stated on a few occasions from the start of MITD, that his girls were unhappy with the time spent away from them. Fortunately for them he's retired and not having to work a 40+ hour a week job.

Listen to the GabCast with MV interviewing Art. As important as this was to so many of us, toward the end I think he was told something by someone whispering to him. Art responds affirmatively and says he needs to end the conversation. Yes, Art gave us a fair amount of time, and maybe I'm assuming that it's his wife. But I for one would have NEVER asked my husband to stop something he had committed to, until he himself was through. I'm his wife not his mother. Like I said, whole different ballgame we're dealing with. I say this honestly and respectfully.

So fellow BellGabber come on back, jump in and let's figure this out together! Art's gone, but we have fresh blood rising: DarkCity with Steve Warner, DeepTalk Network, The GabCast etc. Let's support them and watch beauty rise out of ashes! ;)

"Art stated on a few occasions from the start of MITD, that his girls were unhappy with the time spent away from them." The stalker/safety issue aside, this part of the story gives me great pause.

As a kid, I don't recall ever having much say in my parents' job decisions and the only say one parent had where the other's career/retirement decisions were concerned was limited to practical matters. Nobody told anybody whether or when to retire; it was an individual decision. A lot of families are like this.

So the whole thing with Art apparently being made to feel guilty about doing the show, something he says he loved doing, strikes me as very foreign and, I think, unfair to him. He's got however many good years left. Let him do what he loves for as long as he's willing and able.

I would also guess that you're right about his wife not caring much about the show or the fans. Still, a good wife or partner should care that her husband/partner cares. Anyway, whoever is wearing whichever pants, make a decision already. Even Art Bell fans don't have infinite patience.