• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

A friendly reminder to the BellGab Brit Pack

Started by Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, July 03, 2016, 11:50:08 AM

It's probably not a good idea to talk about the Queen on Independence Day in these here parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xU5x4HmAvk

BobGrau

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 03, 2016, 11:50:08 AM
It's probably not a good idea to talk about the Queen on Independence Day in these here parts.

That's any day of the week in Scotland, pal.

BobGrau

I feel such a fraud. I never call anyone "pal".

starrmtn001

Quote from: BobGrau on July 03, 2016, 01:30:54 PM
Well, I do.  Wait a minute.  That's lap.  Never mind (damn dyslexia). >:(

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BobGrau on July 03, 2016, 01:30:54 PM

That's such a shame. I'll be your friend. It'll cost you, though. I only ask that you scrape some of that woad off your face before venturing into polite society.

SredniVashtar

I'll have no backchat from some in-bred, dungarees-wearing colonial, thanks all the same. The Queen (god bless her and all who sail in her) does a bloody good job. I don't know what exactly it is she does, but whatever it is she does it with style and dignity. And she can rock a headscarf like no one else.

As BG seems to have devolved into some centre for historical revisionism these days, I thought I might offer my own interpretation of The Day That Shall Live Forever In Infamy:

We were sick of you. We wanted shot of you, with your loud voices and your even louder shorts, but couldn't think of a way to get rid of you without hurting your feelings, so we had to come up with this whole shemozzle to make you feel good about  yourselves, when you were just the red-headed stepchild that we would rather have smothered at birth.

Never  let it be said that Brits aren't the soul of kindness and courtesy, you blithering moron. Now, get back to chewing on that corn stalk. I'm sure there's a street you need to be staring down, slack-jawed, for the rest of the day. And that banjo doesn't play itself.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 04, 2016, 08:25:54 AM
I'll have no backchat from some in-bred, dungarees-wearing colonial, thanks all the same. The Queen (god bless her and all who sail in her) does a bloody good job. I don't know what exactly it is she does, but whatever it is she does it with style and dignity. And she can rock a headscarf like no one else.

As BG seems to have devolved into some centre for historical revisionism these days, I thought I might offer my own interpretation of The Day That Shall Live Forever In Infamy:

We were sick of you. We wanted shot of you, with your loud voices and your even louder shorts, but couldn't think of a way to get rid of you without hurting your feelings, so we had to come up with this whole shemozzle to make you feel good about  yourselves, when you were just the red-headed stepchild that we would rather have smothered at birth.

Never  let it be said that Brits aren't the soul of kindness and courtesy, you blithering moron. Now, get back to chewing on that corn stalk. I'm sure there's a street you need to be staring down, slack-jawed, for the rest of the day. And that banjo doesn't play itself.
No surprise there.  But if that banjo were Made In America, it damn well could play itself!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 04, 2016, 08:54:51 AM
No surprise there.  But if that banjo were Made In America, it damn well could play itself!!!
Well, it always helps to have an arrow in your head.  Damn natives.

Value Of Pi

Here's the thing about the current Queen. If she had been in charge instead of crazy old George, things might have happened a bit differently. She would have been more accommodating, IMO.

So maybe praising Elizabeth is not a problem on this day or maybe it's an even worse problem because she could have delayed our independence for quite awhile.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on July 04, 2016, 11:13:35 AM
Here's the thing about the current Queen. If she had been in charge instead of crazy old George, things might have happened a bit differently. She would have been more accommodating, IMO.

So maybe praising Elizabeth is not a problem on this day or maybe it's an even worse problem because she could have delayed our independence for quite awhile.

That sounds a lot like Royalist talk, Sparky.

Oh, please.  Do you expect me to fall for that sort of flimsy rationalization? I may ride on a haywagon, but I haven't fallen off in years. Even if you did leave because of our rough hewn backwoods exuberance, that doesn't account for why you eventually were firmly, and not always politely, shown the door by the other unwilling participants in your erstwhile empire.  Explain that, Percy.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 04, 2016, 12:16:36 PM
That sounds a lot like Royalist talk, Sparky.

I'm true blue but I bleed red. You can't always go by appearances.

starrmtn001

Only cuz I luvz ya man. :-*
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/studioc?source=feed_text&story_id=1731622213779016

Quote from: Value Of Pi on July 04, 2016, 12:27:32 PM
I'm true blue but I bleed red. You can't always go by appearances.

Are you trying to be funny, boy?

Haven't seen hide nor hair of Yorkie today. He obviously knows what's good for him.

WildCard

I see what you're doin. You're setting us up to be the punch-line of a very bad joke.
"Hillary Clinton - it's not an election, it's a coronation."

If she wins I'll say I stayed home, even if I voted.
If she loses I'll claim I voted for her, even if I didn't.

I'm binge watching Deadwood. It's affecting my vocabulary. Not good.