• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Keith Rowland Sucks! - Maintaining human relationships and Wordpress installs

Started by malachi.martini, January 08, 2016, 12:43:57 AM

QuoteI want to update you on what has been changing and staying the same here at Dark Matter.

In order to free up my time to concentrate on Midnight in the Desert (MITD) and Other Side of MIdnight (OSOM) production and membership site/website maintenance, I decided to stop producing the LIVE versions of the shows that ran before MITD. These shows have successfully been transitioned to a pre-recorded playback here on Dark Matter Digital Network (DMDN). So most of your favorite shows are still here just on a different day of the week.

DMDN will still broadcast programming 24/7, with an approximately 6-8 hour schedule of new shows everyday repeating over night and the next morning. MITD and OSOM will still be broadcast LIVE and for FREE on the Internet stream, but are not repeated since they are part of our membership subscription service, which frankly pays the costs for the entire DMDN operation, payroll, out-sourced services, bandwidth, satellite time, licenses, etc.

Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade is playing to a significant sized audience and looks to be able to continue for some time into the future. Art is behind the scenes guiding the show, so his influence is certainly felt. No word on progress in the investigation of the threats on Art and his family, so we need to let some time pass.

Other Side of Midnight with Richard C Hoagland continues following MITD and with minor adjustments to things behind the scenes, will be producing a great variety of shows to come.

Please continue to support the efforts of Heather and Richard through your subscription memberships to the Time Travelers and Club 19.5.

Only a few shows have unfortunately decided to leave DMDN for various reasons:

Howard Hughes’ The Unexplained decided to go a “different route,” which I don’t know what that is, as his pre-recorded show was simply played here on Mondays, nothing was going to change that. He never was LIVE, so there was no problem with us continuing to carry his show. Howard had been approached months ago, to do a LIVE 5-day a week program to be aired right before Art. Unfortunately, Howard could not make the changes in his life or make adjustments to his broadcast location to make this happen. It was a risk Howard didn’t want to take. It’s too bad, because Howard would have been the one to sit in for Art, had he already been doing a LIVE show here on DMDN.

Michael Vara’s Late Night in Midlands’ exit was a surprising burning of the bridge. Michael was also approached a few months ago, to join us on DMDN LIVE each night. He was already doing a 5-day a week show, so it was easy for him. We shared some statistics (old by now), and he was very willing to instantly drop his show from his own LMN network and come here. He stated he wasn’t making any real money doing what he was doing. I offered him the time slot and we would set up a subscription service for his archived shows also. I only had one condition, that he not trash other DMDN hosts. It’s not very professional to do that as you can imagine. There was only one guest that Michael regularly had on his show that continued to disparage Richard Hoagland any time he could. While it’s OK to disagree on opinions and make those known, it is not appropriate to personally attack and berate another host at any opportunity. So Michael decided it was in his best interest to continue to allow this guest to attack RCH on his show instead of coming here. So we discontinued the discussions. I had no hard feelings, just sad that he couldn’t make one adjustment to his show. He kept supplying me with a best of show to play on Saturdays and it got good ratings here on DMDN.

Then one Saturday after Art had to step away, without warning, Michael supplied a show that appeared to be a normal interview show. Then in the last 10 minutes of the show, he had to “blow up” and rant about the past negotiations we had. He spewed disgust towards me, Art and RCH, making claims that were untrue, claiming that RCH ran the network, which is ignorant. He obviously was very offended that we had one simple condition to his adoption here, and wanted to expand on his reasons for turning us down. He had kept this all to himself for weeks and weeks, saying nothing to me and continuing to take advantage of us by providing a show to play here. Why he choose this time to rail on us when it would have been the perfect time to re-visit the viability of him coming to DMDN once again. I think it’s a matter of jealousy and ignorance on his part. It also seems he is continuing to publicly post hateful rants and expose confidential information passed to him. The information he is posting is seriously in error, so I would caution anyone to not believe a word he says. It just sounds like sour grapes now.

Again, I’m shocked as to why he would choose to go off the rails on us like that, when he was on the top of my list to discuss possible LIVE shows on DMDN once again. Literally the definition of burning a bridge.

Paranormal Central with Jeffrey Gonzales and Allen Thomas has decided to leave our network also.  They pretty much did a video show and it was tricky to pull off a radio version of it. I’m sure we brought many new listeners to them and they became much more known to the genre because of being here. They were just really excited to be part of the Art Bell phenomenon, so I’m not surprised he decided to leave once Art did. I wish them good luck in their endeavors, I have no hard feelings, I really liked those guys.

Dr J has decided to continue his show elsewhere.

So that’s it, I have a few more shows to try out, and already have started the Military X-Files on Wednesdays and brought back Real Ghost Stories daily. So you will hear some new ones, along with the usual great shows.

â€" Keith Rowland

http://midnightinthedesert.com/time-for-another-update-from-keith/

skidder

Note sure why everyone in this 'genre', Art most of all, is so intent on airing their dirty laundry in public.  You've all shat your pants, but why then show us the skids?

DeltaBravo

Quote from: skidder on January 08, 2016, 01:19:14 AM
Note sure why everyone in this 'genre', Art most of all, is so intent on airing their dirty laundry in public.  You've all shat your pants, but why then show us the skids?
They shat the couch as well.

for my entertainment. They want to make me fat off popcorn.

Quote from: username on January 08, 2016, 04:12:39 AM
Keith rowland is a good guy.

I don't know him. He could be a terrible person or a decent person. He definitely lacks people skills if what some people are saying is true.

Corona Kitty

We've had our issues, I like to believe everyone has some good in them,   he may not however. Just my opinion.

WOW I didn't realize Keith posted this to artbell.com

Airing dirty laundry like that is really unprofessional.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 08, 2016, 06:21:15 AM
WOW I didn't realize Keith posted this to artbell.com

Airing dirty laundry like that is really unprofessional.

The whole network has/is unprofessional.

Danger!UFO

I don't see this as 'dirty laundry'. It's a welcomed update on the status of the DMDN.

If my favorite show on the networked disappeared I'd want to know why. With this update I don't have to take the time to email Keith with questions.

Michael Vera fired the first (and second) shot at Keith and Art in public. Keith has every right to respond in public.

Too bad about Howard Hughes. I can't blame him for not taking the chance. I think most of the radio affiliates would have stayed if Hughes would have taken the show. No offence to Heather but Hughes would beat Noory in the ratings.

Was Bateman ever asked to do Art's pre-show? I either forgot or missed this on the board. After Howard he would have been the best choice to fill in for Art.  I'll continue to support Heather.

I won't miss 'Paranoia Central'. Another DMDN show riding on Art's coat tails.

Face it, everyone. Bellgab can sometimes be a 'cesspool'. Not the board itself but the people posting on it. The personal attacks on Art have been terrible. They are worse than anything said about Noory or Falkie. What a shame. That being said this place can be informative and entertaining. Having Art and Noory posting here didn't hurt either. Just last week I learned how to modify my C Crane FM transmitter! Thanks! MV knows what he's doing. Thats why this board has been so active and successful. I guess 'light moderation' is the way to run a board.

Keith isn't perfect. If anyone out there is without 'character flaws' then go ahead and throw the first stone. (yeah, that ship has sailed)

Anyway, Keith, thanks for the update!

Thanks MV for this crazy, wacky. informative and entertaining board!

Jesus, Howard Hughes has a great show and he totally could have held up..

What a shame, I love his show and I wish it was on more and longer.

3OctaveFart

+1

I think it says something of the general mental health of those 'in the genre'.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Keep Rock Evil on January 08, 2016, 09:24:54 AM
Jesus, Howard Hughes has a great show and he totally could have held up..

What a shame, I love his show and I wish it was on more and longer.
You gotta wonder did Hughes want that information made public?

ziznak

i dont really have a problem with keith... he's a tech-guy... im a tech-guy... we do work on the side that we don't always ask for... maybe not so good with buisness and money at times i dunno... i really finding it hard to care about any of this anymore.  i listen to the network each night some shows are good some of them are god awful.

do the math

when you extrapolate the Art to Noory comparison to a Tommy to Rowland comparison... i like keith.  then again... I like to drink dr pepper and NOt cyanide so...

meh

I'm still a paying subscriber to MITD so to some of you actually that makes me choose cyanide... it's just hidden in this "kool aide" I keep hearing about

Ciardelo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 08, 2016, 09:48:55 AM
Did you hear his interview with Gledders a couple of weeks ago? Hughes is a class act man. Very pleasant and yet asks the good questions in his interviews.

Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 08, 2016, 09:48:55 AM

I would think it is more helpful than hurtful...  Gives people curious about the subject matter an idea to search him out and those who know of him that he's still doing a show and that they should search elsewhere.

Shame that Keith (no matter how "iffy" he may be) put so much effort into something that AB abandoned so quickly.  Too bad.  I'm only guessing that, even with a $10 million dollar net worth, that AB did not dump a bunch of money into the effort and that Keith was working "on commission."  Maybe, if AB put the money behind the network, he'd have stuck with it longer.  No?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 08, 2016, 04:17:10 AM
I don't know him. He could be a terrible person or a decent person. He definitely lacks people skills if what some people are saying is true.

But who gives a shit about people skills?  That's not his job.  Keith Rowland is an IT guy. 

It's his job to make the technology work, not to be a charming lad.  Keith is extremely good at what he does and honestly the amount of work that he must have invested into DMDN is fucking mind boggling.  I have sympathy for the guy, especially given what Art did to him even after all the work it took to make DMDN streaming and subscription services actually function.  Add the fact that he probably doesn't make a lot of money in return for what he has literally built from the ground up.

So, say what you will, but I have a lot of respect for Keith because he's fucking good at what he does, which is IT.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 08, 2016, 10:14:14 AM
But who gives a shit about people skills?  That's not his job.  Keith Rowland is an IT guy. 

It's his job to make the technology work, not to be a charming lad.  Keith is extremely good at what he does and honestly the amount of work that he must have invested into DMDN is fucking mind boggling.  I have sympathy for the guy, especially given what Art did to him even after all the work it took to make DMDN streaming and subscription services actually function.  Add the fact that he probably doesn't make a lot of money in return for what he has literally built from the ground up.

So, say what you will, but I have a lot of respect for Keith because he's fucking good at what he does, which is IT.

Actually, it is his job. Keith is the guy who is essentially customer service for DMDN. If someone has a payment probem  or other issue he is the one dealing with it.

Posting a long letter attacking former host is not really professional either. I have nothing against him, and hope DMDN continues but I think that was a ill conceived thing to do.

Ideally Keith could have just concentrated on the technical aspect and a publicist or someone  could have handled public relations. Like a lot of things with DMDN and Art, I wish things were done a lot differently.

ziznak

how many IT guys you know that have wonderful people and customer service skills as well? most of the one's i've encountered have come off as awkward never been kissed/laid types.  We arent all that way but... it's what makes us speschial...

i think i got laid once... not sure tho

Well, it's tricky getting laid when Heather's voice is making everything so soft and flacid...

ziznak

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 08, 2016, 10:31:44 AM
Well, it's tricky getting laid when Heather's voice is making everything so soft and flacid...
I wouldnt say heather's voice effects me any kind of way... sexually at least.

Echo

I have a feeling Art is paying to keep the show running for a few months to make it up to Heather and Keith. MiTD won't last 6 months, people will continue to get sick of amateur hour in the desert.

ziznak

Quote from: Echo on January 08, 2016, 10:46:16 AM
I have a feeling Art is paying to keep the show running for a few months to make it up to Heather and Keith. MiTD won't last 6 months, people will continue to get sick of amateur hour in the desert.

what you don't think Art is coming back??

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 08, 2016, 10:25:42 AM
Actually, it is his job. Keith is the guy who is essentially customer service for DMDN. If someone has a payment probem  or other issue he is the one dealing with it.

Posting a long letter attacking former host is not really professional either. I have nothing against him, and hope DMDN continues but I think that was a ill conceived thing to do.

Ideally Keith could have just concentrated on the technical aspect and a publicist or someone  could have handled public relations. Like a lot of things with DMDN and Art, I wish things were done a lot differently.
Yeah, for people with decades of experience in many radio (and other) businesses it is unfathomable to me how amateur hour it turned out to be. That is my only slight. Was there a business model, organization chart, contracts, plans, pay understood, etc? Everything seemed to be done by the seat of their pants and Keith was trying to do way too much. And everyone seemed overworked, doing tasks that they weren't trained (or maybe even) paid for. IT should stick to IT. Someone should be at the helm for customer relations, sales, producing, etc and also control/monitor all social media output. Social media only hurts unless it is done correctly. I wish best for Keith and all. Art and family as well. I think Heather is improving with every show and sure, not my first or even second choice, but thrown into the gauntlet and running with it and improving.

ziznak

Quote from: albrecht on January 08, 2016, 11:59:55 AM
Yeah, for people with decades of experience in many radio (and other) businesses it is unfathomable to me how amateur hour it turned out to be. That is my only slight. Was there a business model, organization chart, contracts, plans, pay understood, etc? Everything seemed to be done by the seat of their pants and Keith was trying to do way too much. And everyone seemed overworked, doing tasks that they weren't trained (or maybe even) paid for. IT should stick to IT. Someone should be at the helm for customer relations, sales, producing, etc and also control/monitor all social media output. Social media only hurts unless it is done correctly. I wish best for Keith and all. Art and family as well. I think Heather is improving with every show and sure, not my first or even second choice, but thrown into the gauntlet and running with it and improving.
even IT has their level 1 techs that are supposed stand at the threshold of computerland waiting to fix all of your problems.... but they will be rude as hell and kick you back out and close your ticket for no reason what-so-ever....  I worked level 1 twice in my life... once when i was younger and didn't mind it much.  Once, when i was older and had already done level 3 stuff... I DID NOT LIKE IT then... i couldnt do it now actually i dont think.  it's like going from driver to "the guy in the back of the trash-truck."

i think instead of looking at how things were done wrong... we should look at the overall picture of the network where it is and where it came from.  Heather has done quite well i think will continue to do so.  i wish more people would give her a break and realize she was kind of thrown to the wolves.... kinda... maybe jumped to the wolves.  As a learning experience being thrown to the wolves is always much better than "stepped in slowly."

Quote from: albrecht on January 08, 2016, 11:59:55 AM
Was there a business model, organization chart, contracts, plans, pay understood, etc?

The business model was spend the entire budget on expensive bumper music and hire free labour from Bellgab.

The authorities should be contacted if Vara literally burnt a bridge down.