• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Superhero Movies

Started by type3tv, May 15, 2011, 02:29:06 PM

type3tv

Did a quick search and didn't see a thread about superhero movies. And since there is a couple coming out this year why not discuss it. What's everyone's thoughts on the ones coming out this year and the ones that have come out in the past?

b_dubb

Kick-Ass.  should have been called Hit Girl.

Quote from: b_dubb on May 15, 2011, 07:59:38 PM

Kickass was a great movie

techogre

Thor was great! He is the God Of Thunder (and rock and roll).  :)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: techogre on May 20, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
He is the God Of Thunder (and rock and roll).  :)

The spell you're under will slowly rob you of your virgin soul...

Gotta say I'm really looking forward to Green Lantern. A lot of people online are expecting disaster and it may turn out that way. But so far the latest trailers have been pure geek-gasm for me

I'm just waiting for a Power Man and Iron Fist movie.  Until then I'll just keep watching The Bridges of Madison County on a loop.

b_dubb

ryan reynolds was good in Smokin' Aces

Quote from: b_dubb on May 24, 2011, 10:35:28 AM
ryan reynolds was good in Smokin' Aces

Not a big fan of Reynolds as Hal Jordan but the Guardians and the attention to the GL mythos got me interested

Centurion40

Quote from: b_dubb on May 15, 2011, 07:59:38 PM

Amen Brother/Sister!

Centurion40

Quote from: techogre on May 20, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
Thor was great! He is the God Of Thunder (and rock and roll).  :)

Again, amen!  I had low expectations and was pleased with the actual flick.  I didn't enjoy as much as the first Iron Man, but it was still pretty dammed good.

Centurion40

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 23, 2011, 09:40:29 PM
Gotta say I'm really looking forward to Green Lantern. A lot of people online are expecting disaster and it may turn out that way. But so far the latest trailers have been pure geek-gasm for me

I dunno... it looks really cheesy from the trailers.  I am looking forward to Captain America.

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 08, 2011, 12:52:21 PM
I dunno... it looks really cheesy from the trailers.  I am looking forward to Captain America.

It's possible I may look back on these posts and shake my head. Though I hope not. I see a lot of promise in the later trailers, cheese and all.

Captain America also looks promising.

type3tv

I like the approach they have for lantern. They put out the secret origins book a couple of weeks ago and Reynolds wrote the forward for it. He says he is taking the role very seriously because the character means a lot to people and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I loved Thor can't wait for the blu-ray release.

However X-men first class was amazing. Could quite possibly be the best one of the series a close tie with X-men 2. Very seamless and captivating. It just worked and worked so well. I was afraid of this movie when I first heard about it but it could be the best one this summer.

Also looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens. I may go pick up the graphic novel this weekend.

b_dubb

i'm going to go see Thor today.  hooray

b_dubb

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 08, 2011, 12:51:09 PM
Again, amen!  I had low expectations and was pleased with the actual flick.  I didn't enjoy as much as the first Iron Man, but it was still pretty dammed good.
you realize that Kenneth Brannagh directed Thor right?

Seamus Capone

"The Dark Knight" is my fave relatively recent superhero movie. I still have a soft spot for Michael Keaton's "Batman" too. It was extra enjoyable because I saw it when I was a kid. I'd love to see "The Avengers" and "The JLA" on celluloid! I'm referring to the entire teams. I'm not into comic books these days, but it would be magic to see the aforementioned team flicks on the big screen. The new X-Men movie looks great. I'll probably buy the DVD when it's available.

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 10, 2011, 11:19:02 PM
"The Dark Knight" is my fave relatively recent superhero movie. I still have a soft spot for Michael Keaton's "Batman" too. It was extra enjoyable because I saw it when I was a kid.

Yeah, these were both great flicks.

Also put me down for The Watchmen as well. One of my favorite comics, and a very well done adaptation.

b_dubb

saw Thor yesterday. excellent