• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MAY 6 FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN (Roswell Leftovers)

Started by anagrammy, May 06, 2011, 01:52:11 PM

anagrammy

Tonight C2C is serving warmed over ROSWELL plus our perennial favorite OPEN LINES wherein we have a chance to howl over mispronunciations and a wide ranging assortment of gaffes, coordinate our FASTBLASTS and make a drinking game out of the word "portal." Most importantly, we enjoy each other's humor while listening to George Noory handle with the same verbal dexterity, scientists and intoxicated callers from all three lines labeled "Appalachia."

Just kidding about the scientists.

See you tonight!  (Cut out a lot of the commercials by listening on www.tunein.com.  You owe me)

Anagrammy

anagrammy

It's the humor that keeps you awake-- also if someone is trying to get on the phone line, or if we've FASTBLASTED.  It's participative.

A

JustOneFix

I'll be here for this, sadly I have no alcohol to drink tonight. Dammit.

Will George give people a chance to win books if they answer a dumb question?

EvB

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on May 06, 2011, 03:53:46 PM
Will George give people a chance to win books if they answer a dumb question?

You mean the books sent to him by guests so he can read a bit in advance and therefore engage in an informed conversation? SURE!  Why not? they're in pristine condition after all, the spine has never been disturbed at all.

Usagi

I'm in.

And I can drink again!

(P.S. - Do you always have to dis Appalachia?) ;p

rkowna

Quote from: anagrammy on May 06, 2011, 01:52:11 PM
Tonight C2C is serving warmed over ROSWELL plus our perennial favorite OPEN LINES wherein we have a chance to howl over mispronunciations and a wide ranging assortment of gaffes, coordinate our FASTBLASTS and make a drinking game out of the word "portal." Most importantly, we enjoy each other's humor while listening to George Noory handle with the same verbal dexterity, scientists and intoxicated callers from all three lines labeled "Appalachia."

Just kidding about the scientists.

See you tonight!  (Cut out a lot of the commercials by listening on www.tunein.com.  You owe me)

Anagrammy

Thanks for the tip on tunein.com.  I can't tell you how many times I have hadto check to see if I lost the connection he is gone for so long.  I will definitely see you there.

EvB

Quote from: Usagi on May 06, 2011, 04:58:22 PM
I'm in.

And I can drink again!

(P.S. - Do you always have to dis Appalachia?) ;p

I can offer an New England alternative   ::)Aroostook County , Maine  (In the M*A*S*H sequels it was referred to as "Chipmunk Hill" because the people were so inbred they had no chins)

Usagi

Quote from: EvB on May 06, 2011, 06:24:53 PM
I can offer an New England alternative   ::)Aroostook County , Maine  (In the M*A*S*H sequels it was referred to as "Chipmunk Hill" because the people were so inbred they had no chins)

I just took at look at the link...

Oohhhh, yeah.  You know that when a region's biggest boast for visitors is drunken snowmobiling, you're in for a real treat.

Quote from: Usagi on May 06, 2011, 06:34:08 PM
I just took at look at the link...

Oohhhh, yeah.  You know that when a region's biggest boast for visitors is drunken snowmobiling, you're in for a real treat.

Oh, you mean drunken snowmobiling isn't a "real" sport?    :D

anagrammy

I can't do shots, but I will run right out and buy some good wine for every time he says "dimensional"....I know, I was going to do "portal" BUT I realized that since we made fun of that he switched to

was it dimensional?

And I hope 'Angels will join us since this is definitely his area....:)

I also plan to discuss an idea that I've been thinking about regarding the new CoastGab format.  If you are not up on MV's ideas, skip over to the OPEN LINES section and read the last 4 pages of the Trainwreck thread so you can join in the brainstorming.

See you at ten --off to the liquor store!

Anagrammy

Usagi

Don't waste good wine on Snoory, Anagrammy.  Coast these days is more Arbor Mist worthy.  *shudder*

Usagi

I just realized I was a bit unfair to Arbor Mist.

Mad Dog, then?  Unfortunately, warmed-up Roswell and Open Lines won't get Noory into a manic, ecstatic state (like say, OBL or turmeric).  Otherwise, I would have suggested Four Loko.

anagrammy

Quote from: Usagi on May 06, 2011, 08:38:22 PM
I just realized I was a bit unfair to Arbor Mist.

Mad Dog, then?  Unfortunately, warmed-up Roswell and Open Lines won't get Noory into a manic, ecstatic state (like say, OBL or turmeric).  Otherwise, I would have suggested Four Loko.

You got me there.  Having been Mormon, my repertoire is:  Red Wine, White Wine, Whisky N Coke, Rum N Coke.  A beer.  That's it--I know, not very nuanced.

Ana

I need something tho because I'm planning to FASTBLAST Noory and accuse him of being a May 21ster since his calendar is clear......

Usagi

Don't worry.  There isn't anything nuanced about Mad Dog or Four Loko.

onan

Quote from: anagrammy on May 06, 2011, 08:49:57 PM
You got me there.  Having been Mormon, my repertoire is:  Red Wine, White Wine, Whisky N Coke, Rum N Coke.  A beer.  That's it--I know, not very nuanced.

Ana

I need something tho because I'm planning to FASTBLAST Noory and accuse him of being a May 21ster since his calendar is clear......

As a young man I had little knowledge of different types of alcohol. I was even more baffled by the myriad of mixtures of those whiskies, rums, gins, and all the others. I was even more flummoxed to learn that many other ingredients were added to make drinks even more "tasty".

So as a young man I tended to steer clear of choosing some drink that I had no clue about. One day I was talking to a rather experienced drinker and my lack of knowledge became the topic.

To my astonishment he was able to dispel my lack of confidence with one simple statement.

Listen closely my friends cause this is wisdom, his statement was:

Bartender, get me drunk.

Usagi

To be honest, I'm keeping it simple myself.  Washington does beer right, therefore so will I.

I've got a few beer in the fridge and a ton of work to do tonight - needless to say I'm in.

JustOneFix

I have the landline phone, a phone plugged into the fax line, my company cell and my personal cell phones all ready to go.

Noron better get comfortable if I make it on air, I plan on giving him an earful.

Yes! Nazi UFOs and Djinns all in the first five minutes!

Usagi

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 06, 2011, 11:12:22 PM
Yes! Nazi UFOs and Djinns all in the first five minutes!

Hrm.  Time for me to try something else for listening.  I didn't get the Djinn comment until a good minute later.

JustOneFix

It seems like he's talking a bit slower to prevent his normal screwups.

Usagi

I don't know, Anagrammy... I don't think they are even bothering to warm-up these Roswell leftovers.  They're just eating them cold.

JustOneFix

Something tells me Noron has no clue what this guy is talking about.

JustOneFix

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 06, 2011, 11:30:10 PM
This show fucking sucks

Isn't that true anytime Noory is doing the show?

Edit- Smashing Pumpkins for bumper music is better than the Doo-wop shit they were playing last night, but not much better.

Is the Nazi UFO thing Noory's new favorite crazy?

I don't get it. They know where the crash site is, they have photos of aliens. So why aren't they all over the place?

I've never heard of these guys and they don't sound at all believable.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 06, 2011, 11:47:03 PM
I don't get it. They know where the crash site is, they have photos of aliens. So why aren't they all over the place?

I've never heard of these guys and they don't sound at all believable.

Exactly. If didn't come out in 1997, it's never coming out. More bullshit from knaves