• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

zeebo

Can we just go back to simpler times when anyone who didn't listen to Heather was obviously a sexist jerk threatened by the sound of woman's voice on radio?

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 02:18:38 PM
Can we just go back to simpler times when anyone who didn't listen to Heather was obviously a sexist jerk threatened by the sound of woman's voice on radio?

Reading the thread it seems like we are there at this moment.

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 02:18:38 PM

lol

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on March 30, 2017, 02:23:16 PM

Brig and Juan Cena are still beyond suspicion. ... For now.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ShayP on March 30, 2017, 02:23:16 PM

Hey...no one is asking you to listen to Heather's show. In fact, I am pretty derned sure she wouldn't mind if BellGabbers didn't.

The discussion was around whether or not she is allowed to criticise Noory without being herself criticised. A small difference, I know...but a difference none-the-less.

ShayP

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 02:29:17 PM
Hey...no one is asking you to listen to Heather's show. In fact, I am pretty derned sure she wouldn't mind if BellGabbers didn't.

The discussion was around whether or not she is allowed to criticise Noory without being herself criticised. A small difference, I know...but a difference none-the-less.

Are you assuming I'm criticising Heather's show?  I didn't say anything about it.  Maybe I should read more of this thread...I do avoid certain things ya know...but I don't think that's what the discussion was about.  I just saw a bateman v. Heather thing, some MV v. You, and other bits.  But, whatever.  I feel like I stepped in dog shit.  Maybe I'll walk down another path...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on March 30, 2017, 02:41:43 PM
Are you assuming I'm criticising Heather's show?  I didn't say anything about it.  Maybe I should read more of this thread...I do avoid certain things ya know...but I don't think that's what the discussion was about.  I just saw a bateman v. Heather thing, some MV v. You, and other bits.  But, whatever.  I feel like I stepped in dog shit.  Maybe I'll walk down another path...

Her show does suck though. Let's be honest. I'd like to be able to say she was at least a decent producer but she couldn't even keep Art on the air for more than a few months. And absolutely none of this has anything to do with the fact that she's a woman. Years before Art even had a show there was a woman named Mae Brussell who I could listen to yammer on about conspiracies for hours. Look it up, bitches!  ::)

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 02:48:54 PM
Her show does suck though. Let's be honest. I'd like to be able to say she was at least a decent producer but she couldn't even keep Art on the air for more than a few months. And absolutely none of this has anything to do with the fact that she's a woman. Years before Art even had a show there was a woman named Mae Brussell who I could listen to yammer on about conspiracies for hours. Look it up, bitches!  ::)

Well now...now that you have said it, that must make it true. No need for further investigation. Case closed.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 02:48:54 PM

I agree.  I don't yammer on about it like some people.  I don't care if they do.  I gave the show a shot at first, then few separate occasions thereafter.  I moved on.  I don't even follow who the guests are.  I'm afraid it will be one I really like only to be tempted to listen and ultimately be disappointed.  Like when I listen to C2C.  ;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: ShayP on March 30, 2017, 02:54:12 PM
I agree.  I don't yammer on about it like some people.  I don't care if they do.  I gave the show a shot at first, then few separate occasions thereafter.  I moved on.  I don't even follow who the guests are.  I'm afraid it will be one I really like only to be tempted to listen and ultimately be disappointed.  Like when I listen to C2C.  ;)

Hey, no problem. Everyone is allowed their opinions. Right?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 02:53:16 PM
Well now...now that you have said it, that must make it true. No need for further investigation. Case closed.

It is true but, as I stated, you can confirm by investigating yourself.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 02:55:57 PM
Hey, no problem. Everyone is allowed their opinions. Right?

Absolutely not.

;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 02:56:15 PM
It is true but, as I stated, you can confirm by investigating yourself.  ;)

k....so I am investigating whether or not some years ago you liked a female radio host? Is that it? Don't quite know where to start with that one.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 02:58:16 PM
k....so I am investigating whether or not some years ago you liked a female radio host? Is that it? Don't quite know where to start with that one.

That's probably because you're an idiot who doesn't understand context. No worries. Something else sparkly will come along soon to distract you.  :D

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 02:59:40 PM
That's probably because you're an idiot who doesn't understand context. No worries. Something else sparkly will come along soon to distract you.  :D

:)

Oh good. I so like sparkly things.

Can I make you a sandwich or get you a cup of coffee, or anything?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 03:01:06 PM

Oh good. I so like sparkly things.

Can I make you a sandwich or get you a cup of coffee, or anything?

I'd say yes just to make you feel useful and wanted but I know they'd just be shitty, like your posts.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 02:58:16 PM

It's true, I can confirm.  See as part of the secret male club we're all allowed one exception in our collective war on women - that was his.  Mine was a brief time listening to Kim Komando - see I'd just gotten a new printer and, well I had to break the rules for a little while.  I also like Amy Martin but there's some talk that she may actually be a computer so that doesn't count.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 03:02:35 PM
I'd say yes just to make you feel useful and wanted but I know they'd just be shitty, like your posts.  ;)

Hmmmm....not sparkly.

:(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 03:03:31 PM
It's true, I can confirm.  See as part of the secret male club we're all allowed one exception in our collective war on women - that was his.  Mine was a brief time listening to Kim Komando - see I'd just gotten a new printer and, well I had to break the rules for a little while.  I also like Amy Martin but there's some talk that she may actually be a computer so that doesn't count.

I like Amy too. I just wish she could stop being so triggered...by life.  :D

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 03:05:03 PM
I like Amy too. I just wish she could stop being so triggered...by life.  :D

*Cue Donald Sutherland*

RoseGirl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 30, 2017, 03:07:44 PM
BellGab - 4 Chan's Psych Ward

Ha! True, that.

Sorry guys, just having a little fun with those fragile male egos. No harm intended.

WildCard

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 03:03:31 PM
Amy Martin but there's some talk that she may actually be a computer so that doesn't count.

You can turn the volume down or shut it off. She's definitely a computer.

*"defiantly" derp

Dr. MD MD

Over the last week I was off the grid but did have occasion to listen to some classic Art Bell C2C shows. The one that's coming to mind here is his first show back doing weekends after his first retirement. Art explained it was all due to a type A personality female producer who took charge and he just went along with it. Art likes strong women. He's one of those guys who kinda likes being bossed around by a strong woman a bit. Maybe Art thought Heather had the makings of becoming a strong woman but I don't think she was strong enough to actually pull off what she wanted to do. Having said that, I don't hate the woman. I just don't want to waste my time with her Nooryesque show.

WildCard

Quote from: b_dubb on March 30, 2017, 03:07:44 PM
BellGab - 4 Chan's Psych Ward

eta: great post. i want that on a t-shirt. seriously.

are you in communication with her highness? tell her thanx for lifting her curse on Amy. that's not right!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 30, 2017, 03:13:17 PM
Over the last week I was off the grid but did have occasion to listen to some classic Art Bell C2C shows. The one that's coming to mind here is his first show back doing weekends after his first retirement. Art explained it was all due to a type A personality female producer who took charge and he just went along with it. Art likes strong women. He's one of those guys who kinda likes being bossed around by a strong woman a bit. Maybe Art thought Heather had the makings of becoming a strong woman but I don't think she was strong enough to actually pull off what she wanted to do. Having said that, I don't hate the woman. I just don't want to waste my time with her Nooryesque show.

That's going too far.  Heather asks better questions in her sleep than Noory could ever dream of doing.  That's not saying much but I listened to a couple of her shows recently and I think she has gotten somewhat better.  She tries too hard to be Girl Bell though.

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 02:29:09 PM
Brig and Juan Cena are still beyond suspicion. ... For now.

Aww, c'mon now, George Senda hates me, and that should count for something...

shouldn't it?

zeebo

Quote from: brig on March 30, 2017, 03:31:27 PM
Aww, c'mon now, George Senda hates me, and that should count for something...

Definitely 10 bonus points in my book.  You're very close to getting a gold star.