• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 09:14:17 AM

I think the point is these people are incompetent, they're corrupt, they've been shown to be criminals - felons, have routinely abused their power, and for all of that have no real accomplishments to point to.

But weirdly the Rep led a SEVEN year investigation into Clinton and found....nothing. The rest is you listening too much to AJ and Trump news.

All the people who routinely lie about Trump, repeat the caricatures created by the fake media, spin every comment and action to always present him in the worst light possible, and who endlessly screech about all his flaws never mention these people.  His predecessor as president and his opponent in the presidential campaign are far worse as people, and have done far worse while in office.

You always revert to this: Trump lies on average five times per day. That isn't speculation, that is stuff that is provable. Trump's idea of fake is anything that he doesn't like...First denial "I didn't do it it's fake"-must be true eh? Then, "So what if I/we did?" Then "Yeah we did do that, but I/we are new to this, we didn't know that we shouldn't" (Senda's philosophy on using his dead mother's credit card). Then "Okay we'll deal with it by trying to distract (A new shiny thing) and/or destroy the DoJ and otherwise obstruct any shit coming my/our way"

The point is a comparison of the pieces of shit you and the others here support and have supported - although you've often pretended otherwise for some reason - to Trump.

Nope.. I don't support it, show where I have? Like a lot of Trump cultists, you make sweeping judgements about anyone who isn't devoted to Trump...Hail the Dear Leader.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 09:45:05 AM
She was Bill's top advisor during his administration, she was a US Senator, and she was Obama's top foreign policy official as Secretary of State.  ''The most qualified person to ever run for president'' as the Democrats would tell us.

I think her body of work - such as it is - is a very valid comparison when it comes to certain issues.

But never POTUS... Can we blame Rex Tillerson Mike Pompeo after Trump has gone?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 08:39:31 AM
Ahh the Trumpist friendly fake news conspiracy cult? Got ya.  ::)

Why did you change your name? MD (Fake doctor) asked.

No I didn't.  ::)

At least I'm not a fake person with a fake wife. ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 09:42:14 AM
You read my point. 

You claim to not have supported Hilary of Obama, yet your commentary is indistinguishable from those who did.  I have yet to see a single comment from you that is positive towards the GOP or critical of the Ds.

You think the GOP is representative of conservative principals in it's current form? Seriously?

As far as the House not cooperating with Obama, first off that's the point of separation of powers.  The country is meant to have a broad consensus before making major changes.  Yet they did fund his massive deficits, and didn't do nearly as much as they could when he was illegally ruling by decree through Executive Orders.  Which is why none of them was chosen by the voters to be the Republican candidate for president

Trump despises separation of power, he wants to be supreme ruler, he's as much as said so. He has no interest in anyone else's opinion or expert advice, he really believes he knows everything...Maybe like the fat kid's father who invented the microwave oven, Trump really does have a mind the size of a planet? And he loves EOs... 

But beyond that, and to address your post - tell me, what legislation did he request that they denied?

McConnell gleefully told him to his face he would do all he could to block him at every path until he was out of office-before Obama's second term.

They blocked 500 bills and made the filibuster an art form. And that was as of 2014. And for all their distaste for the ACA (because their insurance and pharma benefactors didn't like it) they didn't come up with an alternative, and still haven't. What happened to that?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 09:51:41 AM

But never POTUS... Can we blame Rex Tillerson Mike Pompeo after Trump has gone?

Get a load of Pud.  Now we're not supposed to compare Trump to the person he ran against.  The person proclaimed to be ''the most qualified person to ever run for president''. 

Could it be that even the most virulent Trump haters know they'd lose credibility if they were to entertain the comparison, or to defend her?  If they were again to be asked what her accomplishment were, in light of what Trump has done so far?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:05:35 AM

Get a load of Pud.  Now we're not supposed to compare Trump to the person he ran against.  The person proclaimed to be ''the most qualified person to ever run for president''. 

Which bit of 'I didn't support Clinton' are you struggling with?

Could it be that even the most virulent Trump haters know they'd lose credibility if they were to entertain the comparison, or to defend her?  If they were again to be asked what her accomplishment were, in light of what Trump has done so far?

Healthcare reform? The 'wall'? He even said he was going to 'lock up Hillary' (quite how when he isn't the supreme ruler I don't think even he knows, but hey). The tax thing runs out in a couple of years unless you're a millionaire, and as a sideline to that, the uptake on share by-back has been massive. And we were told the extra would be plowed back into company investment and wage rises.. Oh well, maybe next year.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:14:35 AM
Which bit of 'I didn't support Clinton' are you struggling with? .

I think it's the fact that you seem to be onboard with all of her platform but not her as a person. It seems a bit disingenous. ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 13, 2018, 10:19:49 AM
I think it's the fact that you seem to be onboard with all of her platform but not her as a person. It seems a bit disingenous. ;)

Oh, be specific what part of her platform I'm onboard with? You might be right on somethings but not others.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:01:00 AM
You think the GOP is representative of conservative principals in it's current form? Seriously?...

I think Trump is following a fairly conservative course.  Probably because conservatism is mostly common sense, and Trump sees what needs to be done and is doing it.

As for the R's, they are not a conservative party and have never been one.  Conservatives make up the base of the party, but are a minority within the party as elected officials - probably because conservatives have better things to do than spending their lives fundraising and passing their days in committee meetings

... Trump despises separation of power, he wants to be supreme ruler, he's as much as said so. He has no interest in anyone else's opinion or expert advice, he really believes he knows everything...

Sure, anyone running for office thinks they are experts on everything.  Heck, the fake news media thinks all elected Democrats are experts on everything.

As far as Trump not following the Constitution, wants to be king, blah, blah, blah, please show us your evidence.  And please try to make it something more than off hand remarks taken out of context, or spin on some action he's taken - let's make it something truly unusual and eye-opening

... McConnell gleefully told him to his face he would do all he could to block him at every path until he was out of office-before Obama's second term.

They blocked 500 bills and made the filibuster an art form. And that was as of 2014. And for all their distaste for the ACA (because their insurance and pharma benefactors didn't like it) they didn't come up with an alternative, and still haven't. What happened to that?

What would the point of coming up with an alternative to the ACA be, when Obama would just veto it?  But I agree with you, they should have had a replacement bill on Trump's desk on his first day in office.

As far as ''500 bills'', what exactly were they?  I sure don't recall 500 important bill being buried by the House.  I'm guessing whoever came up with that statistic counted all the various attachments that are voted down and not included in the main bill, all the bills the various members routinely send up knowing they won't be considered, etc. 

So, again, what important legislation did OBAMA send up that wasn't passed?

As far as filibusters, those are routine regardless of which party controls the Senate.  The Ds have certainly done their share.  As far as McConnell telling Obama he was done legislating, also routine - they even have a name for the soon to be outgoing prez:  Lame Duck.  And no Senate run by the opposition party is ever going to approve a soon to be outgoing president's Supreme Court appointment.

I realize you don't have separation of powers in your government, and that you don't quite yet fully understand them, but this is all routine.  I'm asking for what wasn't routine.  The only thing I have is Obama ruling by decree - that was new

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
I think Trump is following a fairly conservative course.  Probably because conservatism is mostly common sense, and Trump sees what needs to be done and is doing it.

Mark Sanford is a commie then?  ???  I'm sure Mr Sanford is a free marketeer (the way the GOP likes to crow about) but Trump isn't.

As for the R's, they are not a conservative party and have never been one.  Conservatives make up the base of the party, but are a minority within the party as elected officials - probably because conservatives have better things to do than spending their lives fundraising and passing their days in committee meetings

How does Nunes fit in to that? He seems to spend all his time currently undermining the DoJ and licking Trump's dick. And he does it shamelessly.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:14:35 AM
Which bit of 'I didn't support Clinton' are you struggling with?...

You said it isn't valid to compare Trump to her.  I say it is.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:26:09 AM
... How does Nunes fit in to that?...

I did mention conservatives are a minority among the elected officials within the party.  ''A minority'' indicates some exist.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:24:34 AM
What would the point of coming up with an alternative to the ACA be, when Obama would just veto it?  But I agree with you, they should have had a replacement bill on Trump's desk on his first day in office.

As far as ''500 bills'', what exactly were they?  I sure don't recall 500 important bill being buried by the House.  I'm guessing whoever came up with that statistic counted all the various attachments that are voted down and not included in the main bill, all the bills the various members routinely send up knowing they won't be considered, etc. 

So, again, what important legislation did OBAMA send up that wasn't passed?

As far as filibusters, those are routine regardless of which party controls the Senate.  The Ds have certainly done their share.  As far as McConnell telling Obama he was done legislating, also routine - they even have a name for the soon to be outgoing prez:  Lame Duck.  And no Senate run by the opposition party is ever going to approve a soon to be outgoing president's Supreme Court appointment.

That was before Obama's second term.. Obama was re-elected. McConnell carried on his pledge I suppose.

I realize you don't have separation of powers in your government, and that you don't quite yet fully understand them, but this is all routine.  I'm asking for what wasn't routine.  The only thing I have is Obama ruling by decree - that was new

What? The US system is loosely based on the UK one. The Parliament votes on law (Often not down party lines), the judiciary is completely independent of Parliament and isn't voted in on party lines. The PM is the head of the party and is voted in by the party. The electorate vote for the prospective candidate of the party they want in (A lot more choices than the two in the US), but have no say in who the party leader is.

How is that not a separation of power? I'd say it's far more separate than the US model

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:26:09 AM
Mark Sanford is a commie then?...

What about him?  He's a minor official who is good on some issues and not so good on others.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:28:36 AM
You said it isn't valid to compare Trump to her.  I say it is.

How, we'll never know what she would be as POTUS, so it's a non sequitur. You can only say you don't think she would be a worse POTUS than Trump, but you don't have a direct comparison.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:34:12 AM
What about him?  He's a minor official who is good on some issues and not so good on others.

well he was.. He's been de-selected. And for years stood on exactly what he's standing for now, but because he criticised Trump he was voted off..Not loyal enough you see.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:32:43 AM
That was before Obama's second term.. Obama was re-elected. McConnell carried on his pledge I suppose...

It's routine for opposition officials to make these comments.  It's for their base.  Jesus, please stop taking everyone in DC at their word, it's skewing your understanding of what goes on there. 

Especially when you focus on the lies of just one person.  Somehow you seem comforted by the smooth appealing lies of slick politicians, but coarse obvious lies by Trump drive you ape shit.  It's truly an interesting phenomenon.

After they are done lying to their constituents, they then get down to business and pass legislation everyone agrees to, and either pass compromise legislation on issues they aren't in agreement on or they don't.

... What? The US system is loosely based on the UK one. The Parliament votes on law (Often not down party lines), the judiciary is completely independent of Parliament and isn't voted in on party lines. The PM is the head of the party and is voted in by the party. The electorate vote for the prospective candidate of the party they want in (A lot more choices than the two in the US), but have no say in who the party leader is.

How is that not a separation of power? I'd say it's far more separate than the US model

Like I said, you don't have a real good grasp of our system.  For one thing, probably the biggest thing, your PM is voted in by the legislative body - and thus closely aligned with them - while our president is elected independent of them.  Your legislature can remove the PM due simply to disagreement, while our legislature can't.  It's a very different dynamic

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 10:35:50 AM

How, we'll never know what she would be as POTUS, so it's a non sequitur. You can only say you don't think she would be a worse POTUS than Trump, but you don't have a direct comparison.

I can point to her long string of failures on the world stage.  Her legendary poor judgment wasn't going to turn itself around because she was elected to the next office. 

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:47:08 AM
I can point to her long string of failures on the world stage.  Her legendary poor judgment wasn't going to turn itself around because she was elected to the next office.
Back when the Russians, or even Soviets, were the good guys (only consistency with many Democrats now, especially the hard left is the anti-Americanism.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4PfhogtdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxEDomUlXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgZoto9XBKQ

albrecht

That was before Obama's second term.. Obama was re-elected. McConnell carried on his pledge I suppose.

What? The US system is loosely based on the UK one. The Parliament votes on law (Often not down party lines), the judiciary is completely independent of Parliament and isn't voted in on party lines. The PM is the head of the party and is voted in by the party. The electorate vote for the prospective candidate of the party they want in (A lot more choices than the two in the US), but have no say in who the party leader is.

The UK system is different, some fundamental differences. You have Lords, your counties change on national whim, you have Royalty (officially,) the constituencies change on a dime, you can have people 'representing' areas in which they don't even live, your judiciary is "the Crown" not the people, you eliminated grand juries, you eliminated protection from double-jeopardy, you have a separation (that somewhat is changing) between advocacy and advising (one, Barristers, gets to play dress-up in court- we don't get to do that, although judges still can wear robes at least,) you have overlords in places like Brussels, Strasbourg, Luxembourg that can override some of your policies and court decisions.
A better example would be to compare the countries inside the UK to the States in the USA. Different laws, dialects, and somewhat cultures but if in conflict or are too different from an overall standard can be over-ridden by D.C. which is our version of Brussels, Strasbourg, and Luxembourg.

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2018, 10:05:35 AM

Well considering all of the left wing demokkkrat idiots at bellgab have gone this route it would seem so. It’s not the only place these uninformed ignoramouses try to pull this. The simple fact is they’re incapable of defending their views because they only know how to parrot what the demokkkrat media spoon feeds them.

What makes it even better is when they pull the classic: “Im an independent. I vote open ticket. I’m a libertarian”.

All big govt demokkkrat lemmings claiming they’re now libertarians because big government demokkkrat Bill Maher says he’s one. All so ignorant they don’t even know the meaning of what they claim to be.

It really is priceless to watch.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 13, 2018, 08:07:55 AM

But Obama/Clinton/UPS/KFC/Walmart

Your point?

Just adding part 3 to a 3 part video so there is a complete set. 
Something you may want to consider having.  ::)  ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 13, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

That's the position of most Trump supporters.

Jackstar

It's remarkable and notable how neatly this thread wraps up after the known bad actors are filtered out. I can knock off and go to lunch early today.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 13, 2018, 12:24:05 PM
That's the position of most Trump supporters.

Also, you're not very intelligent. Read some more books.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on June 13, 2018, 12:26:03 PM

It's remarkable and notable how neatly this thread wraps up after the known bad actors are filtered out. I can knock off and go to lunch early today.
At the BellGab Buffet?  Is that even open yet?