• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

onan

Quote from: JustOneFix on June 27, 2011, 08:59:51 AM
I agree 100%. While browsing phones to upgrade from my current one I noticed most have increased in size not to mention some are butt ugly.

I have a rather large (by comparison) cell phone (not a euphemism). I wish it were bigger. As to ugly I dunno if its pink, yeah ugly. But as to design I don't consider a cute factor.

What pisses me off about cell phones is where they are used. I am not sure why but when I see someone talking on a cell phone while checking out at the grocery store, I want to toss a can of soup at the callers head. WTF can be so important you need to be talking while you are paying for groceries?

It pisses me off when I hear a kid talk about getting in trouble for using their cell phone at school. WTF are you using a cell phone at school for?

And don't get me started on cell phones at the movies. I was at the theater... Watchmen had just started playing. Anyway a guy in front of me, no shit 4 phone calls and the movie isn't half way. I had to go to the rest room and he is answering his phone again. I can't help myself I say "what an ass you are. Turn your phone off or leave. I proceed to the restroom, on return the guy says it wasn't a big deal and I needed to apologize. I said back I am sorry you are a dick. Keep your phone off in a theater.

I wish I was Hank Moody.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 26, 2011, 07:38:12 AM

I once had a lunatic do this to me while shaking his fist out his window, and I was at least 10 car lengths behind him.  I guess I was invading his "space".

Sorry Marc, I guess I was having a bad day- was on the way to work at the morgue, had forgotten my tin foil hat at home, and the birkenstocker at Starbucks forgot the whipped cream on my Grande Mocha.  I'll try to not let that happen again.

aldousburbank

Electric fucking stoves suck.  I have a special contempt for these evil monstrosities of modern, so-called, living.  The asswipes who sell and promote these hideous destroyers of the culinary arts deserve only to have their weenies singed on maximum high settings, in a cast iron skillet of mutton tallow.

JustOneFix

Onan,

You make a good point about people being on their phones.  We got by for a good many years without a cell phone and now that they are commonplace it's the norm for people to call each other for shits & giggles and ramble endlessly while shopping, taking a crap, inline to pay your light bill etc etc ad nauseum. Same with texting.

I laugh my ass off when I see dames doing the line dance and texting as they dance. Unfuckingreal!

Take a smart phone and add the Facebook 'app' and you have set the scene for yuppies and geeks to post endless drivel. "I'm sitting at the airport waiting on my plane", "I'm sitting by the hotel pool, yes the phone followed me here. I can't put it down it's an addiction worse than crack",  "This food is delicious- I'm eating with one hand and texting this post with the other"  I hate people like that. Goddammit.

onan

Quote from: JustOneFix on June 27, 2011, 10:11:33 AM
Onan,

You make a good point about people being on their phones.  We got by for a good many years without a cell phone and now that they are commonplace it's the norm for people to call each other for shits & giggles and ramble endlessly while shopping, taking a crap, inline to pay your light bill etc etc ad nauseum. Same with texting.

I laugh my ass off when I see dames doing the line dance and texting as they dance. Unfuckingreal!

Take a smart phone and add the Facebook 'app' and you have set the scene for yuppies and geeks to post endless drivel. "I'm sitting at the airport waiting on my plane", "I'm sitting by the hotel pool, yes the phone followed me here. I can't put it down it's an addiction worse than crack",  "This food is delicious- I'm eating with one hand and texting this post with the other"  I hate people like that. Goddammit.

Thanks for agreeing.

I have had some variation of a cell phone since 1984 when I had one mounted on my console for a sales job I had. Never had the hand held the size of a football but been using them for a long time. I am willing to bet that my sum total minutes of use is less than one years usage by some of the people I see using them now. I like to talk but telling someone I am at the store doesn't meet the standard of communication.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 27, 2011, 09:56:36 AM
Sorry Marc, I guess I was having a bad day- was on the way to work at the morgue, had forgotten my tin foil hat at home, and the birkenstocker at Starbucks forgot the whipped cream on my Grande Mocha.  I'll try to not let that happen again.

I forgive you. 

Eddie Coyle

Medical bills. It costs a fortune to stay healthy and sane...since I don't have the money, I'm neither healthy nor sane.

Eddie Coyle

Endless reruns of "Seinfeld" also piss me off royally. It's a real hoot when they caterwaul. Nothing makes me smile more than screaming adults.

Who created and wrote that show, Joseph Goebbels?

Quote from: onan on June 27, 2011, 06:09:43 AM

My life has been enriched because of dogs. I would have it no other way.

With you there onan.  I've had big dogs most of my life.  I never locked my house, I never had mice in the house, and I had maybe two groundhogs enter my yard in quite a few decades. 

I remember hearing a truck coming up my driveway one afternoon.  I was home with my three dogs.  My car was in the shop.  I walked to the door and saw the truck backed up to my garage.  A guy had gotten out and was heading for my fenced yard.  Just before he reached the gate, I opened the door and my two dobes and one shaggy mutt ran into the yard and stood at the gate.  They didn't bark, they didn't growl, but they looked directly at the guy. 

The jerk said "Hi, mam.  Is that canoe back there for sale?"  The canoe was behind the garage, sticking out about a foot.  I still don't know how he saw it from the road. 

I've always heard the expression, "the blood drained from his face," but I never really understood it until that day.  He slowly walked backward, eyes never leaving the dogs, got into his truck, and left. 

Guess he figured I got his plate number 'cause I never saw him again. 

Yeah, I'll gladly pick up the poop.  I've met a person or two that I preferred to dogs, but not many.   

Oh, wait...Except for all you guys................................... ;)

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 27, 2011, 12:10:35 AMIt's fucking disgusting. Something that seems literally like a gag from "Airplane II"...except it really happened. Depressing beyond words.

I've been involved in boxing and martial arts over the years, but I've never been in a street fight in my adult life. A jerk could cut me off on the road and, then, flip me off when he passed my car, and I would just let the jerk have his "personal victory". It takes a lot to make me mad. Assuming that innocent elderly and extremely young citizens are criminals and terrorists directly hits the reptilian part of my brain, angering me so much that I feel like I might lose consciousness. True to predictable form, some flunky drone said that it was reasonable to humiliate this woman who's in the final stages of leukemia. I can't take these TSA spokes-robots. You also wonder when so many Americans turned into brainless eunuchs, just begging for a police state to keep them safe from the threat of the day. If this happened when I was a kid, people would demand some rolling heads, but that was before common sense became extinct.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 28, 2011, 12:10:39 AM
Assuming that innocent elderly and extremely young citizens are criminals and terrorists directly hits the reptilian part of my brain, angering me so much that I feel like I might lose consciousness. True to predictable form, some flunky drone said that it was reasonable to humiliate this woman who's in the final stages of leukemia. I can't take these TSA spokes-robots. You also wonder when so many Americans turned into brainless eunuchs, just begging for a police state to keep them safe from the threat of the day. If this happened when I was a kid, people would demand some rolling heads, but that was before common sense became extinct.

It is so revolting on so many levels. The TSA is affront to common sense and dignity. I don't fly and I'm thankful for that, because the aggravation/humiliation of going through the screening process via one of the TSA mongoloids would send my BP through the roof.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 28, 2011, 12:57:04 AMIt is so revolting on so many levels. The TSA is affront to common sense and dignity. I don't fly and I'm thankful for that, because the aggravation/humiliation of going through the screening process via one of the TSA mongoloids would send my BP through the roof.

We boycott the airlines too. I haven't flown for five or six years. I thought that it was stupid enough that we had to remove our shoes because of one event. The molestation was the last straw. You hear jokes about people getting caught with bombs up their butts. They joke that you'll then have to get an anal probe to fly. Hate to say it, but we're getting close to that stage right now. I wouldn't be shocked or stunned if something like that was recommended in the next five years.

timpate

One thing that really grinds my gears is professional sports.  Number one .
The amount professional athletes are paid.
I'm talking about baseball football primarily.
Although I don't follow professional sports I'm not even sure if there is a salary cap but if there isn't there needs to be one. And these professional athletes the way they act in public while not playing the game or sport that they are associated with they act foolishly.  It's almost as if they don't care about their reputation.  I can remember one of the professional basketball players a few years ago Kobe Bryant.  He plays for the Lakers was in court for rape. It's almost as if these professional athletes are able to get away with murder due to the fact that they have money.  Number two.
Sports fans.  Is it just me or does every sports fan think that every person with two testicles and a penis is following some professional sports team? I can't stand sports fans.  I can't stand jerseys baseball caps Sunday football Monday night football.  Basketball hockey tennis NASCAR any of those professional sports. I do not like professional sports I don't follow any teams please don't ask.  Thank you.

timpate

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 28, 2011, 01:42:52 AM
We boycott the airlines too. I haven't flown for five or six years. I thought that it was stupid enough that we had to remove our shoes because of one event. The molestation was the last straw. You hear jokes about people getting caught with bombs up their butts. They joke that you'll then have to get an anal probe to fly. Hate to say it, but we're getting close to that stage right now. I wouldn't be shocked or stunned if something like that was recommended in the next five years.
I haven't flown in many many years.  I don't think I wanna take a flight anywhere.  My sister recently took a flight and said it was like going through booking at a jail.  About the only thing they didn't do was give are a full cavity search.  I would rather have my penis slammed into a car door then fly anywhere in the world or this country.

timpate

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 27, 2011, 05:48:27 PM

Endless reruns of "Seinfeld" also piss me off royally. It's a real hoot when they caterwaul. Nothing makes me smile more than screaming adults.

Who created and wrote that show, Joseph Goebbels?
There was a time when I used to enjoy old reruns of Jerry Seinfeld.  I think now every major network including the fox network's play his reruns.  Hearing his voice makes me completely sick to my pants.

timpate

Quote from: onan on June 27, 2011, 09:44:12 AM

I have a rather large (by comparison) cell phone (not a euphemism). I wish it were bigger. As to ugly I dunno if its pink, yeah ugly. But as to design I don't consider a cute factor.

What pisses me off about cell phones is where they are used. I am not sure why but when I see someone talking on a cell phone while checking out at the grocery store, I want to toss a can of soup at the callers head. WTF can be so important you need to be talking while you are paying for groceries?

It pisses me off when I hear a kid talk about getting in trouble for using their cell phone at school. WTF are you using a cell phone at school for?

And don't get me started on cell phones at the movies. I was at the theater... Watchmen had just started playing. Anyway a guy in front of me, no shit 4 phone calls and the movie isn't half way. I had to go to the rest room and he is answering his phone again. I can't help myself I say "what an ass you are. Turn your phone off or leave. I proceed to the restroom, on return the guy says it wasn't a big deal and I needed to apologize. I said back I am sorry you are a dick. Keep your phone off in a theater.

I wish I was Hank Moody.
I could not agree more.  The person on the cell phone that is extremely to obnoxiously loud.  I use public transportation.  I have use public transportation to get to work or wherever I need to go for about six years. I remember about four months ago I was riding the bus.  I remember this woman comes on the bus pays her fair.  And she was talking on her cell phone.  She was very loud and obnoxious.  That wasn't a bad thing the bad thing was what she was talking about. She was talking to a person on her phone about her recent visit to her gynecologist.  And how she was sore from the visit.  She was a fat ugly woman who had a very bad feminine older.  To put it blunt you could smell the older from her vagina.  I would have to say that was probably the worst bus ride I never had.  Hang up your cell phone we don't need be here you're gynecological problems.

onan

Quote from: timpate on June 29, 2011, 11:33:31 PM
One thing that really grinds my gears is professional sports.

I think the thing about sports that grabs my short hairs is the news reporting. The paper has a complete section, TV and radio have 10 minute spots. Talk about free advertising. And for what, a competition that means nothing. Did I say nothing? fuck me less than nothing. Professional sports is the antithesis of professionalism. Lots of money with no accountability.

I think the Mayans had it right. The team that kicks the ball/head through the hoop wins. The other team dies. Now that is entertainment.

I'm also pissed off about my streamlink membership. Only having two Art Bell shows a week is bullshit. They need to open up the archives. Even worse when his shows are repeated when having to pay for it.
Also, a classic Art Bell show is not a show from anything post Y2K. Complete idiocy saying a show from 2006 is a Classic Art Bell show. I say bullshit!

The General

AMEN on the pro sports.  Bugs the hell out of me. 

Aside from the fact that I don't enjoy watching grown men in pajamas play little games,  the proximity of the 2 stadiums to my work screws my traffic and parking situation up daily.  In my fair city, they put the pro football and the pro baseball stadiums RIGHT NEXT DOOR to each other, and RIGHT in the middle of the most congested traffic bottleneck in the northwest.  Dumb, dumb, dumb fucks.  Now they're tearing down one of the main highways that go right through it all and replacing it with a billion dollar tunnel that nobody will use because it will cost $4 a pop.  Dumb assholes.

Furthermore, the stadiums were built using some of the taxpayer's money, and WHY?  These are PRIVATELY OWNED ENTERPRISES that make millions and millions of dollars a year.  It was even put up to a vote, and the new fancy stadiums got voted down, but they built them anyway.  I hope the whole fucking thing caves in on all the backwards hat wearing morons.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: timpate on June 29, 2011, 11:35:33 PM
I haven't flown in many many years.  I don't think I wanna take a flight anywhere.  My sister recently took a flight and said it was like going through booking at a jail.  About the only thing they didn't do was give are a full cavity search.  I would rather have my penis slammed into a car door then fly anywhere in the world or this country.

The full cavity search will be TSA SOP when some mentally disabled Ethiopian Islamist sticks fake explosives, provided by the FBI, up his butt while attempting to board a plane.

Idiot Voice: "I think anal probes are a small price to pay for airport security."

EvB

Quote from: The General on June 30, 2011, 12:18:58 AM

Furthermore, the stadiums were built using some of the taxpayer's money, and WHY?  These are PRIVATELY OWNED ENTERPRISES that make millions and millions of dollars a year.  It was even put up to a vote, and the new fancy stadiums got voted down, but they built them anyway.  I hope the whole fucking thing caves in on all the backwards hat wearing morons.

Oh it is MUCH worse than that!  I don't recall the numbers - but they are pretty applauding.  Major league sports are government subsidized!  And not just by building stadiums, which you can at least pretend benefits the comunity by increasing commerce.

Take a look at this:  http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-339es.html

and never forget that this money does not just go to struggling teams, it also goes to teams that are billions in the black.

Eddie Coyle

I'm particularly amused by those who get very bothered over the immigration issue/outsourcing jobs...while they cheer on their "hometown" baseball teams that are 40%+ Latin American. The only things the Dominican Republic produces are shortstops and relief pitchers.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 30, 2011, 01:16:13 AM

I'm particularly amused by those who get very bothered over the immigration issue/outsourcing jobs...while they cheer on their "hometown" baseball teams that are 40%+ Latin American. The only things the Dominican Republic produces are shortstops and relief pitchers.

We should have built a Great Wall of Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants. It would have saved many lives. That said, I think that we should help the people who came here for the right reasons. The parasites and predators should leave yesterday.

aldousburbank

Quote from: timpate on June 29, 2011, 11:44:34 PM
She was very loud and obnoxious.  That wasn't a bad thing the bad thing was what she was talking about. She was talking to a person on her phone about her recent visit to her gynecologist.  And how she was sore from the visit.  She was a fat ugly woman who had a very bad feminine older.  To put it blunt you could smell the older from her vagina.  I would have to say that was probably the worst bus ride I never had. 

This pretty much describes the feeling I get every time I listen to George's sucky little show.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 30, 2011, 01:16:13 AM

Heh- and of course enjoy the onions, pickles, and relish with that hot dog 'cause 50%+ of the slaughterhouse workers and vegetable pickers all snuck the fuck across the border after paying some Zeta or Familia coyotes, likely forced or willing to carry meth here with them (if they don't happen to die on the way), to pay back the mafiosos for the privilege of coming here and being treated a lot like the factory farm animals and produce they harvest.  There are no clear lines here I'm afraid- Clinton told us we "Hafta Nafta" but they just did not make it clear why. 

I'm not saying we need illegal labor, I'm saying Mexico needs to protect their own fucking people with their asswipe armies blockading the northern border, walls, moats, whatever.  Their proxy governmental policy is to let their people suffer, let them become willing criminals for pay, and then let them send the cash back to Mexico, while we as a citizenry get our panties in a wad about the "immigration issue", or worse, ignore it.  In the best of worlds we'd pay our own people better to do the unavoidable manual labor and shuttle in our own non-criminal workers to fill the gaps.

In my own little self-absorbed reality, I am still stuck in my post toastie and perennially peaceful desert outlaw philosophy, which still manages to give me a ray of hope in a mostly hopeless world:  Dose them all, let G*D sort them out.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 30, 2011, 08:46:23 AM
Heh- and of course enjoy the onions, pickles, and relish with that hot dog 'cause 50%+ of the slaughterhouse workers and vegetable pickers all snuck the fuck across the border after paying some Zeta or Familia coyotes, likely forced or willing to carry meth here with them (if they don't happen to die on the way), to pay back the mafiosos for the privilege of coming here and being treated a lot like the factory farm animals and produce they harvest.  There are no clear lines here I'm afraid- Clinton told us we "Hafta Nafta" but they just did not make it clear why. 

I'm not saying we need illegal labor, I'm saying Mexico needs to protect their own fucking people with their asswipe armies blockading the northern border, walls, moats, whatever.  Their proxy governmental policy is to let their people suffer, let them become willing criminals for pay, and then let them send the cash back to Mexico, while we as a citizenry get our panties in a wad about the "immigration issue", or worse, ignore it.  In the best of worlds we'd pay our own people better to do the unavoidable manual labor and shuttle in our own non-criminal workers to fill the gaps.

In my own little self-absorbed reality, I am still stuck in my post toastie and perennially peaceful desert outlaw philosophy, which still manages to give me a ray of hope in a mostly hopeless world:  Dose them all, let G*D sort them out.

Many liberals and conservatives are in the same bathhouse court regarding this issue, and it baffles me as to why.  The final product is an ever more entrenched framework of corruption throughout Latin America and unsustainable neo-slavery here.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 30, 2011, 09:00:53 AM

Many clueless liberals and phonies conservatives are in the same bathhouse whorehouse court regarding this issue, and it baffles me as to why.  The final product is an ever more entrenched business as usual framework of corruption throughout Latin America and unsustainable neo-slavery here.

aldousburbank

The rain in Spain falls mainly in the brain.

Art

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on June 26, 2011, 04:14:35 AM
I get extremely upset after I German brake test someone that is tailgating me and they fail to get the hint.

That seems dangerous.  Most people back off when I put on my turn signal.