• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Heather Wade and MITD

Started by conbrio, June 04, 2016, 05:42:35 PM

conbrio

I would like to open up a serious topic; I am an infrequent visitor to BellGab these days, so I may have missed your discussions about Heather Wade and MITD.
I think I speak for most of us here in saying that; we are here because we enjoy the subject matter that used to be C2C with Art and MITD. Well Art’s no longer on MITD we have Heather and she is doing the best she can and will only get better and better as time goes on. On her first night, she was a nervous wreck but has improved 1000 fold from that first week. I’m asking you all to support MITD with a $5.00 a month donation. 5 bucks is no big deal and it would go a long way to keeping this kind of broadcast on air. So all of you that opted out at the start of Heather’s reign, please reinstate your membership. No, I have nothing to do with the show, Heather or evil Keith I just want the show to go on and on and on. Come on guys it’s far better that the alternative.
Now one more thing while I’m at it, it’s OK for you people south of the 49th we are the ones to go first, and in any case as only half a tasty Canadian, I don’t want to be gobbled up first or even second so it will be my pleasure to let y’all go first.

starrmtn001

Quote from: conbrio on June 04, 2016, 05:42:35 PM
I would like to open up a serious topic; I am an infrequent visitor to BellGab these days, so I may have missed your discussions about Heather Wade and MITD.
I think I speak for most of us here in saying that; we are here because we enjoy the subject matter that used to be C2C with Art and MITD. Well Art’s no longer on MITD we have Heather and she is doing the best she can and will only get better and better as time goes on. On her first night, she was a nervous wreck but has improved 1000 fold from that first week. I’m asking you all to support MITD with a $5.00 a month donation. 5 bucks is no big deal and it would go a long way to keeping this kind of broadcast on air. So all of you that opted out at the start of Heather’s reign, please reinstate your membership. No, I have nothing to do with the show, Heather or evil Keith I just want the show to go on and on and on. Come on guys it’s far better that the alternative.
Now one more thing while I’m at it, it’s OK for you people south of the 49th we are the ones to go first, and in any case as only half a tasty Canadian, I don’t want to be gobbled up first or even second so it will be my pleasure to let y’all go first.
I never unsubscribed, I'm happy to say. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Now could you please send Heather a message and ask her to quit pretending she's never heard of BellGab? It's a two way street it people are going to implore the forum to support her show.

trostol

if i continued to listen i still wouldn't pay. But since you brought it up..the show itself has not gotten better. It has done nothing to make it stand out from any other late night gobbledygook out there. And while she was never awful, she was never good either and she continues to show lack of preparation and general knowledge needed for a show as such. She makes too much of the show about herself, interjecting things about herself in there, and quite frankly..her laugh is annoying lol

this is all just my opinion, which has also lead me to basically listen to nothing at night cause i think i grew tired of the subject lol

bateman

No thanks.

73s

The show ought to stand on its own merit. People will choose to subscribe and pay if they like the product.

Given how she and Keith have treated BellGab lately I'm not sure you will find a lot of new people here wanting to sign up.

Robert

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2016, 05:51:34 PMNow could you please send Heather a message and ask her to quit pretending she's never heard of BellGab?
Seriously, she's saying that now??!

I think the show is shit. And it hasn't gotten better.

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2016, 05:51:34 PM
Now could you please send Heather a message and ask her to quit pretending she's never heard of BellGab? It's a two way street it people are going to implore the forum to support her show.

I heard she's telling people that she made BellGab what it is today.

trostol

it is also pretty clear that dialing it back to 4 hours shows it was a mistake to go to 5 in the first place..which everyone universally agreed on..and my guess would be that hours 3 thru 5 were less and less listeners..having roughly 2 to 3 hours of open lines every night along with 5 hours on friday..it gets old..and the fact that she can not really handle a hard science show and she talks politics but stated many times in the start she doesn't talk about or follow them...

TigerLily

Quote from: rekcuf on June 04, 2016, 07:16:03 PM

Would that be bragging or apologizing?

73s

Quote from: rekcuf on June 04, 2016, 07:16:03 PM

lol, seriously?

73s

Quote from: trostol on June 04, 2016, 07:19:53 PM
it is also pretty clear that dialing it back to 4 hours shows it was a mistake to go to 5 in the first place..

They're down to 4 now?

trostol

Quote from: 73s on June 04, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
They're down to 4 now?

i believe thats what people were saying last night in the MITD thread

Quote from: 73s on June 04, 2016, 07:24:22 PM
lol, seriously?

Okay, I made that up.  :P

Quote from: TigerLily on June 04, 2016, 07:22:13 PM
Would that be bragging or apologizing?

If it was true, I doubt she would be bragging. We're the forum of "haters", remember?

starrmtn001

That's very fair. ;)

Catsmile

Ummm... No thanks.
I can't listen to the show for much moar than an hour, forcing myself, even as background noise. Why would I pay for that?

If you want that dog to hunt, you pay for it's training lessons.
I'm sure Evil Keith won't stop you from subscribing a few dozen tiems.
Put ur money where your mouth is. And please keep ur hand outta my wallet, thanks.  :)

Catsmile

Quote from: Robert on June 04, 2016, 07:10:00 PM
Seriously, she's saying that now??!

Shez not saying anything.
Thats the point.
It's moar a sin of omission than commission.
The site that shall not be named.
Not vaguely lovable of her at all. 

Quote from: Catsmile on June 04, 2016, 08:09:05 PM
Shez not saying anything.
Thats the point.
It's moar a sin of omission than commission.
The site that shall not be named.

A phone sex operator looking down on BellGab? Ha!

Catsmile

Quote from: rekcuf on June 04, 2016, 08:12:21 PM
A phone sex operator looking down on BellGab? Ha!

I don't judge. Moar power to her.
If you rattle a cage, and no one is around to listen. Does it make a sound?

Kolchak

I prefer Amy Martin's approach of friendly posting, asking for tips, topics and guest suggestions.

cweb

I don't understand the "support a subpar product because of the genre/ Art" thing. It's been a PR mess since the stalker thing, they have NO idea how long to make the damn show, and you can tell the host isn't sure about the future much less the present.

Amy has shown that you CAN have a good paranormal/ science/ culture show with a female host. And how you can have an organized, fairly reliable operation. (With some nice live streaming help from DTRN.) If anything, OP's plea is a reason to support Amy.

Epaphroditus

As someone new to BellGab but a veteran of local radio I would have told her to grow on her own without any outside influence , I can here the Art Bell influence in her and that is all she needs imho . She gets callers referencing this forum and has never once told them to stop calling .

My only suggestion as to the show is to drop the guests down to an hour unless they are fascinating at the moment as the discussion between HW and the callers is more interesting .

Larry King Quote... A prefect guest for me is someone I have never met talking about a subject I know nothing about and then only asking questions out of curiosity .

trostol

Quote from: Epaphroditus on June 05, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
As someone new to BellGab but a veteran of local radio I would have told her to grow on her own without any outside influence , I can here the Art Bell influence in her and that is all she needs imho . She gets callers referencing this forum and has never once told them to stop calling .

My only suggestion as to the show is to drop the guests down to an hour unless they are fascinating at the moment as the discussion between HW and the callers is more interesting .

Larry King Quote... A prefect guest for me is someone I have never met talking about a subject I know nothing about and then only asking questions out of curiosity .

so of a 5 night a week 4 hour show..you would have 3 hours of basically open lines every night and an entire open lines show on friday? so 16 hours of open lines every week? of a total of a 20 hour show? Open lines are horrible lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kolchak on June 05, 2016, 08:32:56 AM
I prefer Amy Martin's approach of friendly posting, asking for tips, topics and guest suggestions.

Exactly. She knows there are people here who don't like her and she doesn't care. That's the way to handle it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Epaphroditus on June 05, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
As someone new to BellGab but a veteran of local radio I would have told her to grow on her own without any outside influence , I can here the Art Bell influence in her and that is all she needs imho .

When it comes to Midnight in the Desert, BellGab is far more than just a mere "outside influence". I get your point, but I think there's some history you're possibly unaware of.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2016, 01:36:51 PM
When it comes to Midnight in the Desert, BellGab is far more than just a mere "outside influence". I get your point, but I think there's some history you're possibly unaware of.

If he's made aware, you'll be reported.