• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

All-Time Best Noory Shows- May Be An Empty Topic, But Who Knows?

Started by anagrammy, July 12, 2011, 07:26:51 PM

136 or 142

Was it the program with the woman who claims that the Twin Towers were brought down by the 'directed energy beam' who, after getting her views criticized by callers, started to whine about how the callers were 'negative' and 'they only want to discuss things that I don't want to discuss.'  I.E: they were asking logical questions (amazing but true!) that poked holes in my idiotic theory that I can't answer.

That guest might also have been the nutty woman professor from Calgary (she doesn't go on the show to discuss what her Ph.D is in.) I can't remember which one of the two it is.

Either way, the show was a classic and I don't think Noory will have that guest on again after she insulted the callers.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 02, 2016, 11:23:16 AM
Was it the program with the woman who claims that the Twin Towers were brought down by the 'directed energy beam' who, after getting her views criticized by callers, started to whine about how the callers were 'negative' and 'they only want to discuss things that I don't want to discuss.'  I.E: they were asking logical questions (amazing but true!) that poked holes in my idiotic theory that I can't answer.

That guest might also have been the nutty woman professor from Calgary (she doesn't go on the show to discuss what her Ph.D is in.) I can't remember which one of the two it is.

Either way, the show was a classic and I don't think Noory will have that guest on again after she insulted the callers.
And she also sounded very incoherent, if it is the same 'expert' you are talking about, I think it was Dr. Judy Wood. Some incoherent theory of 'directed energy scalar weapons' turning the towers into powder or something. Evidence was powder on a police car I recall. Maybe holograms were involved also? It was a mess and she was very defensive and then complained about callers.
According to her site these are her degrees (I have not verified them but there is nothing to say that some can't get real degrees and still be, or go, crazy or have bizarre theories.)
    B.S. (Civil Engineering, 1981) (Structural Engineering),

M.S. (Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983), and

Ph.D. (Materials Engineering Science, 1992) from the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 11:29:25 AM
And she also sounded very incoherent, if it is the same 'expert' you are talking about, I think it was Dr. Judy Wood. Some incoherent theory of 'directed energy scalar weapons' turning the towers into powder or something. Evidence was powder on a police car I recall. Maybe holograms were involved also? It was a mess and she was very defensive and then complained about callers.
According to her site these are her degrees (I have not verified them but there is nothing to say that some can't get real degrees and still be, or go, crazy or have bizarre theories.)
    B.S. (Civil Engineering, 1981) (Structural Engineering),

M.S. (Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983), and

Ph.D. (Materials Engineering Science, 1992) from the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Yes, Dr. Judy Wood is the guest with the 'directed energy brought down the twin towers theory'  thanks.  But, I don't know if she's the guest who insulted the callers because she couldn't answer their questions.  The former professor from Calgary is a different person.  She was a professor of either linguistics or English, but she wasn't on the show discussing either.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 11:29:25 AM
And she also sounded very incoherent, if it is the same 'expert' you are talking about, I think it was Dr. Judy Wood. Some incoherent theory of 'directed energy scalar weapons' turning the towers into powder or something...

There's that "scalar" word again.  That reminds me I was gonna get one of those for a hoot, but I want the one with "Japanese Technology" emblazoned across the front.

Maybe give it to my big brother for his birthday.  I was mortified when he showed up with one of those copper bracelets.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 02, 2016, 11:41:30 AM
There's that "scalar" word again.  That reminds me I was gonna get one of those for a hoot, but I want the one with "Japanese Technology" emblazoned across the front.

Maybe give it to my big brother for his birthday.  I was mortified when he showed up with one of those copper bracelets.
Haha. What is so hilarious about C2C, RCH, guests etc is how they throw around words and bend whatever the latest and fairly obscure and controversial discovery or math paper around as it proves their theory. I think the all-time most used is 'quantum.' Is used to verify everything theory on those shows from health cures, dreams, other lives, ghosts, parallel dimensions, time-travel, etc. Don't get me wrong I get a kick out the bizarre theories and people but throw a 'scalar' or 'quantum' out there and apparently listeners eat it up.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 11:47:46 AM
Haha. What is so hilarious about C2C, RCH, guests etc is how they throw around words and bend whatever the latest and fairly obscure and controversial discovery or math paper around as it proves their theory. I think the all-time most used is 'quantum.' Is used to verify everything theory on those shows from health cures, dreams, other lives, ghosts, parallel dimensions, time-travel, etc. Don't get me wrong I get a kick out the bizarre theories and people but throw a 'scalar' or 'quantum' out there and apparently listeners eat it up.

This one manages to invoke both quantum and scalar -- perhaps they are the same thing.

Mom said my niece had a magnetic bracelet of some kind, too, but I didn't notice.  Imagining the careful testing, comparing notes, settling on the most efficacious, gives me no end of glee.

Weak minds run in the family.  My mom was always a sucker for the sales barn at the fair.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 11:47:46 AM

With the critical health network people it is, or it was, glucose intolerance.  Apparently 50% of all diseases are caused by glucose intolerance.

136 or 142

Ok, I don't think it was Dr. Judy Wood who was the guest. I'm pretty sure it was 'Dr.' Carmen Boulter.  Unfortunately the show was hosted by Jimmy Church.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2016/04/09

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 02, 2016, 11:58:47 AM
This one manages to invoke both quantum and scalar -- perhaps they are the same thing.

Mom said my niece had a magnetic bracelet of some kind, too, but I didn't notice.  Imagining the careful testing, comparing notes, settling on the most efficacious, gives me no end of glee.

Weak minds run in the family.  My mom was always a sucker for the sales barn at the fair.
Ha. Yes, the ultimate quantum AND scalar. And endorsed by Hollyweird celebrities who are well known for their level of education and scientific acumen. I don't mind when the rich Hollywood-types get taken by the cults, hucksters, new agers, and quacks. They have money to burn but I don't like C2C etc selling hope to elderly, poor, shut-ins with maybe real health problems, like cancer even, via supplements or lucky charms. And a host who acts like a host but has side-deals and agreements with the 'health experts' (recently he has admitted this more up-front but spinning it like 'so we have more time to get you this great information.')

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 12:16:58 PM
Ha. Yes, the ultimate quantum AND scalar. And endorsed by Hollyweird celebrities who are well known for their level of education and scientific acumen. I don't mind when the rich Hollywood-types get taken by the cults, hucksters, new agers, and quacks. They have money to burn but I don't like C2C etc selling hope to elderly, poor, shut-ins with maybe real health problems, like cancer even, via supplements or lucky charms. And a host who acts like a host but has side-deals and agreements with the 'health experts' (recently he has admitted this more up-front but spinning it like 'so we have more time to get you this great information.')

Know I'm going out on a limb, but I do think science has a great blind spot when it comes to the placebo effect.  We rigorously design studies to eliminate it precisely because it does work and skews results.  Our ancestors spent a great deal of effort on coming up with the right mix of smoke, loud noises, light shows, ritual diets, and ooga booga.

I get that it's hard to measure -- stuff like pain is still done on a self-reported number scale -- but surely with brain imaging and measuring stress hormone levels we could come up with something more scientific.

Robert

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 02, 2016, 11:41:30 AMThere's that "scalar" word again.  That reminds me I was gonna get one of those for a hoot, but I want the one with "Japanese Technology" emblazoned across the front.

Reminds me of a 2-day conference I attended in the late 1980s at the Masonic Grand Lodge on 23rd St. in Manhattan.  Some of you may have seen video of one of the presentations: Al Bialek with Preston Nichols.

During a break as we stood in an aisle, one lady tried to convince me of how bad it was for me to wear my eyeglasses with the metal nose bridge, because metal touching between the eyes was bad.  She then had me push upward with my elbow on her down-pushing hand while I used the hand of that arm to press the metal of the glasses against that supposedly sensitive point above my nose.  She also had me hold my hand in the same place without the eyeglasses there, and showed how much harder it was for her to push my elbow down.  Then I revealed that I'd smuggled a coin in that hand to press against my face there.  She said that was a bad thing for me to do.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Robert on September 02, 2016, 02:07:34 PM
Reminds me of a 2-day conference I attended in the late 1980s at the Masonic Grand Lodge on 23rd St. in Manhattan.  Some of you may have seen video of one of the presentations: Al Bialek with Preston Nichols.

During a break as we stood in an aisle, one lady tried to convince me of how bad it was for me to wear my eyeglasses with the metal nose bridge, because metal touching between the eyes was bad.  She then had me push upward with my elbow on her down-pushing hand while I used the hand of that arm to press the metal of the glasses against that supposedly sensitive point above my nose.  She also had me hold my hand in the same place without the eyeglasses there, and showed how much harder it was for her to push my elbow down.  Then I revealed that I'd smuggled a coin in that hand to press against my face there.  She said that was a bad thing for me to do.

Interesting.  I had not previously considered joint rotation to be one of those suggestible points often targeted by faith healers and the like, but you find the strangest things looking into it.  I wonder what a physical therapist might say.

Limb length was another favorite -- you can find clips on youtube showing the healer's manipulation of the victim's shoe-heel to create the illusion.  Mom tells me my older brother and sister were convinced, along with the entire student body of the small Christian school they attended, that they had been healed of uneven arm length in one chapel service.  That must have been a virtuoso performance.

Mom pulled them out of that school.  That was too much, even for her.