• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 20, 2017, 12:18:04 AM

You should read-up on classical Natural Law (see Roman Law, e.g. Cicero) instead of wanking on Bellgab all night.

Cicero:1. On Duty/Obligation, 2. On the Republic. On the Laws

Let me know when your manifesto is done.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 20, 2017, 12:18:04 AM

You should read-up on classical Natural Law (see Roman Law, e.g. Cicero) instead of wanking on Bellgab all night.

Cicero:1. On Duty/Obligation, 2. On the Republic. On the Laws
Or Gilgamesh, first?

Lt.Uhura

Haha, Trump wants to take the weekend off to recover from celebrating, but his aides expect him to get busy defunding, dismantling, and deporting tomorrow, and work him throughout the weekend. After all, he did promise his voters he'd deport several million illegals on day one, in the "first hour". Lol, let the dysfunction begin!

Then: "Day one, my first hour in office, those people are gone.”

Now:  "Day one -- which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday, right? I mean, my day one is going to be Monday because I don't want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration."

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 01:27:58 AM
Haha, Trump wants to take the weekend off to recover from celebrating, but his aides expect him to get busy defunding, dismantling, and deporting tomorrow, and work him throughout the weekend. After all, he did promise his voters he'd deport several million illegals on day one, "in the first hour". Lol, let the dysfunction begin!

Then: "Day one, my first hour in office, those people are gone.”

Now:  "Day one -- which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday, right? I mean, my day one is going to be Monday because I don't want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration."
I like it. Finally the calendar sent from Euro-types will not screw me up. Jews, Muzzies, JW wade in. What  day?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2017, 01:40:25 AM
I like it. Finally the calendar sent from Euro-types will not screw me up. Jews, Muzzies, JW wade in. What  day?

??
Drinking already, albrecht?

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 01:46:10 AM
??
Drinking already, albrecht?
l
I blame jetlag and calendar differences! Frigging start on Monday or Sunday! (Don't me started on day/month issues.)

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2017, 12:50:32 AM
Or Gilgamesh, first?

All of oldest law codes would share similar notions of Fairness, Justice, and Protections-for-the Oppressed, but Cicero is (and has always been) the indisputed go-to guy if one wants to follow a thread forward into modern times and law. Aristotle would be second (if the practical man could only have one), though no less important to modern law and ethics.

I have to say I don't worry too much about people out looking for trouble, then find it.  So what.

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 11:42:23 PM

>>This has become perverted <<

Yes, the entire "separation of powers" idea insofar as civil-rights law is concerned needs to be revisited. What this amounts to is ZERO checks and balances, no recourse or protections for the average citizen whatsoever. States do not typically provide for much by way of civil rights until and unless *forced* to by the Fed. In California State Law there is another layer of Separation of Powers which means that you are shit out of luck if you are ruled by local tyrants. No chain of command exists, you can not go over someone's head to petition a higher commander, e.g. State Representative, Governor etc. You are told "that's a local issue, you'll have to deal with it locally"!!  If the Feds don't have the power to step in on your behalf or otherwise strike fear into the hearts of tyrants you are as good as dead. So ya, it is very telling how clueless you are are about real life, law, and law enforcement, in this country -- let alone WHY the notion of "Inalienable Rights" played the role it did in the founding of OUR country. If "Inalienable Rights" does NOT mean "Civil Rights" it means NOTHING. Natural Law, Natural Rights, Human Rights, Civil Rights, are all of the same germ and seed and TIMELESS.

Zero perspective, zero sense of proportion.  These people won't be happy until we're all being marched out to the rice paddies. 

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 01:27:58 AM
Haha, Trump wants to take the weekend off...

Obama isn't even quite gone yet, and it's already time to start criticizing presidential vacations and time off again. 

Next up, we'll start hearing about the homeless, the unemployed, the crumbling infrastructure, lousy schools, poverty, the economy, the debt, the trade deficit, inflation, poor foreign policy decisions, etc, etc, etc. 

Ahhh, back to normal.  It's probably still Bushes fault.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 20, 2017, 02:15:39 AM

Next up, we'll start hearing about the homeless, the unemployed, the crumbling infrastructure, lousy schools, poverty, the economy, the debt, the trade deficit, inflation, poor foreign policy decisions, etc, etc, etc.....

Evidently he thought he was the right man for the job, and people voted for him because he told them he would "Make America Great Again". And there's that yuge wall he promised to build too. He better get busy today, he's got his work cut out for him. Don't start making excuses for him on day one.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 03:05:08 AM
Evidently he thought he was the right man for the job, and people voted for him because he told them he would "Make America Great Again". And there's that yuge wall he promised to build too. He better get busy today, he's got his work cut out for him. Don't start making excuses for him on day one.

Jesus, you're tedious! No wonder your party can't get elected anymore. You're a bunch of pedantic whiners. Oh well, at least we'll have 4 years to use you as an intellectual punching bag.  :D

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 20, 2017, 03:24:30 AM
Jesus, you're tedious! No wonder your party can't get elected anymore. You're a bunch of pedantic whiners. Oh well, at least we'll have 4 years to use you as an intellectual punching bag.  :D

we'll have 4 years? We who? hahaha!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 20, 2017, 03:28:34 AM
we'll have 4 years? We who? hahaha!

Trump voters.  ;)

Also, GET OFF THE FUCKING BRIDGE OF THE ENTERPRISE, YOU HACK!  >:(

GravitySucks

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 11:42:23 PM

>>This has become perverted <<

Yes, the entire "separation of powers" idea insofar as civil-rights law is concerned needs to be revisited. What this amounts to is ZERO checks and balances, no recourse or protections for the average citizen whatsoever. States do not typically provide for much by way of civil rights until and unless *forced* to by the Fed. In California State Law there is another layer of Separation of Powers which means that you are shit out of luck if you are ruled by local tyrants. No chain of command exists, you can not go over someone's head to petition a higher commander, e.g. State Representative, Governor etc. You are told "that's a local issue, you'll have to deal with it locally"!!  If the Feds don't have the power to step in on your behalf or otherwise strike fear into the hearts of tyrants you are as good as dead. So ya, it is very telling how clueless you are are about real life, law, and law enforcement, in this country -- let alone WHY the notion of "Inalienable Rights" played the role it did in the founding of OUR country. If "Inalienable Rights" does NOT mean "Civil Rights" it means NOTHING. Natural Law, Natural Rights, Human Rights, Civil Rights, are all of the same germ and seed and TIMELESS.

When a city like San Francisco declares itself a sanctuary city, violating the civil rights of citizens and thumbing its nose at federal immigration laws, then you are ok with the federal government declaring martial law and indicting all local officials that chose to ignore those laws?

Asking for a friend.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2017, 04:58:59 AM
When a city like San Francisco declares itself a sanctuary city, violating the civil rights of citizens and thumbing its nose at federal immigration laws, then you are ok with the federal government declaring martial law and indicting all local officials that chose to ignore those laws?

Asking for a friend.

She's making it up as she goes. Don't kill her buzz! I'm hoping to read her manifesto one day. You know, that day when they find her isolated cabin in the woods where she was making the bombs.  ;)

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2017, 04:58:59 AM

Asking for a friend.

Martial Law?! (Oye) In any event you just shot yourself in the foot because your boy Donald has already said or threatened that he *will* take Federal Action over Sanctuary cities by withholding all Federal funds from them. And btw, I was talking about  *American's civil rights*, not Mexican rights, and I've already indicated I'm not sympathetic to SF's posturing when they won't even bestow "sanctuary" upon their own homeless citizens. So there goes your other foot, pilot.

=Schlyder=

less than 2 hours...  reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  LOL

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Schlyder7 on January 20, 2017, 05:37:49 AM
less than 2 hours...  reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  LOL

2 hours?! It's only 6:38 here on the East coast.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 20, 2017, 05:38:59 AM
2 hours?! It's only 6:38 here on the East coast.

watching them lose their shit on CNN  ....they have a rundown clock showing 1: 49

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Schlyder7 on January 20, 2017, 05:40:53 AM
watching them lose their shit on CNN  ....they have a rundown clock showing 1: 49

I think he's officially sworn in at noon. Unless their countdown clock is about an assassination attempt or something.  ???

=Schlyder=

maybe that is when their official coverage of them losing their shit begins LOL.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 20, 2017, 05:25:41 AM

Martial Law?! (Oye) In any event you just shot yourself in the foot because your boy Donald has already said or threatened that he *will* take Federal Action over Sanctuary cities by withholding all Federal funds from them. And btw, I was talking about  *American's civil rights*, not Mexican rights, and I've already indicated I'm not sympathetic to SF's posturing when they won't even bestow "sanctuary" upon their own homeless citizens. So there goes your other foot, pilot.

I support withholding federal funds from any sanctuary city. As long as it is ALL federal funds. Not a single dime. No education. No infrastructure. Nothing.

But only because we have the behemoth that is the federal government. It would be much better if the federal government was never involved with these massive funding programs to begin with. I would much rather see federal marshals just arrest local officials that refused to enforce immigration laws.

You evaded the basic premise. In your earlier post, you implied that local governments could not be trusted to enforce laws and that the federal government was the great arbiter and enforcer. Taking that to its logical conclusion, there should be no local laws. Only federal laws. I disagree. There should only be a handful of federal laws.

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2017, 05:59:18 AM
. . . . . .Taking that to its logical conclusion . . . .

Do your irrational straw-man shit with someone else Gravity, you're just digging your hole deeper. And try to be a little bit consistant, you're all over the map.

paladin1991

Quote from: Juan on January 19, 2017, 11:25:48 AM
Player Piano
Solid Copy.  I authenticate, "Blue Snow."  I say again, "Blue Snow."

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2017, 05:59:18 AM
I support withholding federal funds from any sanctuary city. As long as it is ALL federal funds. Not a single dime. No education. No infrastructure. Nothing.

But only because we have the behemoth that is the federal government. It would be much better if the federal government was never involved with these massive funding programs to begin with. I would much rather see federal marshals just arrest local officials that refused to enforce immigration laws.

You evaded the basic premise. In your earlier post, you implied that local governments could not be trusted to enforce laws and that the federal government was the great arbiter and enforcer. Taking that to its logical conclusion, there should be no local laws. Only federal laws. I disagree. There should only be a handful of federal laws.

And put them against a wall for Treason.