• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 08:37:29 AM

01-19-2017 New York Times
Under Trump, Approach to Civil Rights Law Is Likely to Change Definitively

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/civil-rights-justice-department-donald-trump.html

A restructured DOJ under Trump scares the shit out of me. During the last 8 years the DOJ has been the only thing, the only check, standing between State's and Police Depts abuses of power (across the country) and any and all US citizens of any stripe or leaning everywhere (i.e. equally). Modern Police Depts, unbridled, nothing and noone to fear, will not be a pretty thing, to/for anyone concerned. You will have no friend anywhere, even if it's only on paper and hard (for Feds) to enforce. Local tyranny will be encouraged and emboldened. If you have any "cause" or rights concerns whatsoever about _anything_, good luck!

You have got to be shitting me here! This DOJ has been one of the most corrupt ever and desperately needs to be flushed. Bill started assembling this team when he was president. The very first thing he did upon becoming president was fire the head of the FBI and the ENTIRE DOJ. They were the ones fudging everything for Hillary. Remember the meeting on the tarmack?! This is just more sky is falling bullshit from you. You should be ashamed of yourself because it's you and your lot who are bringing this country to the brink of civil war. BTW, we're ready on this side.  ;)

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 08:44:00 AM
You have got to be shitting me here! . . .

I've never been more (and deadly) serious. And I (and the article) am talking specifically about the "Civil Rights Division" _of_ the DOJ. And if you're _not_ worried you (again) have been trying very hard not to pay attention (to what  Police Forces look like today).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 08:55:27 AM
I've never been more (and deadly) serious.

Yes, you keep making these not so subtle threats. More ham-fisted, really but self-awareness obviously isn't your strong suit. The other thing you don't seem to get is that most of us perceive these threats from your side as nothing more threatening than a child throwing a tantrum. Which is what you ultimately are. Anyway, you're sitting this one out because the "ladies" don't need you, for some reason.  ::)

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 09:05:37 AM
Yes, you keep making these not so subtle threats. More ham-fisted, really but self-awareness obviously isn't your strong suit. The other thing you don't seem to get is that most of us perceive these threats from your side as nothing more threatening than a child throwing a tantrum. Which is what you ultimately are. Anyway, you're sitting this one out because the "ladies" don't need you, for some reason.  ::)

Dude, are you ill? seriously. I'm not threatening anyone in any way. You've been trolling me fanatically for the last few days already. Find someone/something else to focus on, please.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 09:14:09 AM

Dude, are you ill? seriously. I'm not threatening anyone in any way. You've been trolling me fanatically for the last few days already. Find someone/something else to focus on, please.

No, I feel fine and I'm just calling you on your bullshit. For which you usually have no rational response. It's just a fun hobby for me. Don't worry, snowflake. I'm not stalking you. I do this to lots of other shills here.  ;)

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 09:17:28 AM
No, I feel fine and I'm just calling you on your bullshit. For which you usually have no rational response. It's just a fun hobby for me. Don't worry, snowflake. I'm not stalking you. I do this to lots of other shills here.  ;)

Try hobbying the dictionary for the root of the word Rational. It has everything to do with the notion of "ratio" and proportion. Your responses to me can hardly be called proportional (appropriate) in any way.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 09:26:08 AM

Try hobbying the dictionary for the root of the word Rational. It has everything to do with the notion of "ratio" and proportion. Your responses to me can hardly be called proportional (appropriate) in any way.

Did I just get accused of a microaggression?!  ???

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 09:30:44 AM
Did I just get accused of a microaggression?!  ???

More like full-out. This might surprise you but I'm as much nauseated by that whole micro-aggression thing as I imagine you are. So there.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 09:38:22 AM

More like full-out. This might surprise you but I'm as much nauseated by that whole micro-aggression thing as I imagine you are. So there.

I know that the truth can be harsh and aggressive but sometimes you gotta deal with it anyway. Try squishing some PlayDoh. It'll soothe you.  ;)

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 09:41:28 AM
I know that the truth can be harsh and aggressive but sometimes you gotta deal with it anyway. Try squishing some PlayDoh. It'll soothe you.  ;)

I was wrong. You are a healer after all ;').

Dr. MD MD

I'm watching the Mnuchin hearing and for some reason this guy reminds me of Scott Thompson from The Kids in the Hall.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 10:14:43 AM
I'm watching the Mnuchin hearing and for some reason this guy reminds me of Scott Thompson from The Kids in the Hall.

can confirm
source: MY EYES

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2017, 07:42:39 AM
Somebody is arranging and paying for the buses that are taking paid protestors from Houston to Austin.

"1,200 bus parking permits for women’s march, dwarfing the roughly 400 issued for Inauguration Day."
http://www.wsj.com/articles/protesters-look-to-disrupt-trumps-inauguration-weekend-1484840632

[I'm just relaying the message -- and saying Hi-there to Gravity.]

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 08:37:29 AM

01-19-2017 New York Times
Under Trump, Approach to Civil Rights Law Is Likely to Change Definitively

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/civil-rights-justice-department-donald-trump.html

A restructured DOJ under Trump scares the shit out of me. During the last 8 years the DOJ has been the only thing, the only check, standing between State's and Police Depts abuses of power (across the country) and any and all US citizens of any stripe or leaning everywhere (i.e. equally). Modern Police Depts, unbridled, nothing and noone to fear, will not be a pretty thing, to/for anyone concerned. You will have no friend anywhere, even if it's only on paper and hard (for Feds) to enforce. Local tyranny will be encouraged and emboldened. If you have any "cause" or rights concerns whatsoever about _anything_, good luck!

I wouldn't worry too much, it will simply look like the DOJ did before Obama. While police departments are no angels, not by any stretch, and need oversight I think there is a kind of cooked up anti-police fervor going on these days that doesn't really reflect the reality of how things are. Ferguson was a good example of it. If you were watching the mainstream media, or even people on the ground streaming from cell phones, you saw the police and you saw the rioters. The closest that coverage came to showing the reality of Ferguson were the burning buildings. The unsaid reality, however, is that those buildings were people's businesses that the police basically wrote off and didn't protect to avoid direct confrontation with the rioters and the vast majority of residents of the city were hiding in their houses hoping to fuck no one burned their house down with them in it. It eventually became a complete clusterfuck where rioters and protesters that weren't even from the St. Louis area were pretty much destroying other people's city.

If we're going to protect people from the police, that's fine, there is a point to that. But we also need to protect people from protest movements that take things too far. Shit is getting increasingly violent and no one seems willing to moderate that from within the movements. Well, if the police can't be effective to quell violent protests then all we end up with is legitimized terrorism against the normal residents of wherever the riot/protest is happening.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 10:54:53 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, it will simply look like the DOJ did before Obama.

Nope. This has been, more or less, the same team put in place by Bubba when he became president after fired THE ENTIRE DOJ. I think we can agree, it's time for them to go now, right?  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 10:59:07 AM
Nope. This has been, more or less, the same team put in place by Bubba when he became president after fired THE ENTIRE DOJ. I think we can agree, it's time for them to go now, right?  ;)

They need to hit the tarmac, as it were.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 11:00:25 AM
They need to hit the tarmac, as it were.

For sure! It's just that them and tarmac don't mix so well.  ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 11:02:28 AM
For sure! It's just that them and tarmac don't mix so well.  ;D

I'm just sick and tired of government agencies interfering with shit under the Obama administration. First it was the IRS going after people for their politics, then the DOJ and tarmac episode, then the FBI sinking Hillary and now we have politicians running around warning Trump not to piss the CIA off or else. I used to think Obama was just using the agencies to get back at his opponents, but now I wonder if it's just a matter of the inmates running the asylum.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 11:08:09 AM
I'm just sick and tired of government agencies interfering with shit under the Obama administration. First it was the IRS going after people for their politics, then the DOJ and tarmac episode, then the FBI sinking Hillary and now we have politicians running around warning Trump not to piss the CIA off or else. I used to think Obama was just using the agencies to get back at his opponents, but now I wonder if it's just a matter of the inmates running the asylum.

He's right, you know.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 10:54:53 AM
But we also need to protect people from protest movements that take things too far.

No, we don't. You're delusional here.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2017, 03:19:11 AM
Yeah. The Cubs and the Indians each had the same number of runs in the 7 games of the World Series. Surprised the liberals weren't screaming for co-champions.

That's pretty desperate, even for a White Sox fan. As Ban Johnson told Charles Comiskey during the 1919 World Series, that is "the whelp of a beaten cur."

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 11:21:26 AM
No, we don't. You're delusional here.

Then you need to be hosting riots in your front yard and see what that's like.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2017, 03:19:11 AM
Yeah. The Cubs and the Indians each had the same number of runs in the 7 games of the World Series. Surprised the liberals weren't screaming for co-champions.

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 11:29:35 AM
Then you need to be hosting riots in your front yard and see what that's like.

No, I don't need to do any such thing, because I do not believe that The American Dream consists of sitting inside one's hovel of a home while hoping the banker-sponsored thugs prevent the famine-stricken hoi polloi from daring to interfere with the weekly football broadcast.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 19, 2017, 01:43:56 AM

Every major US city will be having its own smaller-scale event (march/rally) locally the same day, which is to say, the story will get enough coverage to dim whatever tone or momentum or spot-light the Trump team might have hoped to establish/maintain from the starting-gate. And I expect that protests and unrest could become common if Trump doesn't watch his step (and restraint is not one of his know attibutes).

Nevertheless, I'm quite fed-up myself with lots of what defines contemporary stereotypical lefty/liberal/progressive  correctness. Trite, hypocrisy, and way too feminised for my stomach, is a start. I'm in San Francisco, currently defined by 4 big issues at least: marriage equality, sanctuary city (for hispanics), affordable housing, and a blight of homelessness. The second two issues belie the sincerity of the first two. SF citizens don't give a fuck about equalty, only self interest. Gays do not step forward to help/defend the homeless for example. They dance in the streets about their "rights" on the same day that the local lawmakers legislate the "lawful" terrorizing of the homeless. And the police bend over and follow/enforce anything whatsoever the city-hall fags put their pens to. I'm sick of it all.

In this same vein,  at the gym today I got into a discussion with a small group of men that were talking about the planned disruptions of the inaugural ceremonies.  When it came to what might be done by the authorities to neutralize efforts by demonstrators to create havoc,  I volunteered that if it were up to me I'd start out with judicious use of Willie Peter and then roll out the heavy stuff if the threat persisted.  I waited a few seconds expecting laughs or  questions but all I got were curios looks so I pivoted and withdrew smartly.

I can't wait until I see them next after they've had a chance to google Willie Peter.  Knowing some of them that are of the liberal perversion there will probably be a movement afoot to have my gym membership revoked.  No big deal. There are other gyms around.

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 12:30:39 PM
I'd start out with judicious use of Willie Peter

How do you prevent collateral... oh, I get it. Cute.