A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Quote from: Meanandnasty on February 18, 2013, 04:43:49 PM
You are wrong.  Noory is now spare change.  The tide is turning and J.B. is at the helm.  Noory is walking the plank.  Bon Voyage Jorgie!
For your retirement Haogie has a cruise ship lined up for you, the one he was on this winter.
Perhaps you missed a personal communication from Jeorge via email to a fellow member recently where he proclaims he will be host for another decade. Not that I believe that mind you, but he does.

sleeplessinca

The mushroom show was so good I listened twice.  Never have done that before.  I'm a mushroom fancier, love bio-medical stuff and totally marvel at evolution (there is so much more going on than anyone can even guess) so this was right in my wheelhouse.  That guy is onto amazing groundbreaking stuff and the show had a lot of meat in it.  I listened on YouTube.

All this talk about Snoorz leaving is sweet even if it isn't true.  Sadly, they will have to tear the headphones off his cold dead ears to make him leave.

Tinfoil Hat

That money guy JB had on was full of woo-woo and lacked a grasp of even basic economics. No, we're not going back on the gold standard. Anyone who says this instantly loses credibility. No government with their own currency (and sanity) would go back on the gold standard as doing so would take away any measure of control they have over interest rates and their own economy.

Is it just me? I've noticed recently many guests who instantly prove themselves complete idiots in their area of self-proclaimed expertise.

FallenSeraph

How much say do JB, Noory and the rest have in who the guest/subject is? Do they have to just deal with whomever the producers hand them? (Probably.) I'm in PR â€" I'm always pitching my clients to radio producers. None of them are C2C worthy tho â€" well, for a brief time I represented energy medicine/biofield science/parapsychology expert Dr. Gary Schwartz, but he always got calls from C2C asking for him to be a guest â€" I never had to pitch them â€" they were practically banging down his door.

b_dubb

If we were to go back to the gold standard out economy would shrink by 90%. There's a finite quantity of gold in the world. The current confidence game that we call our economy at least allows people to buy substandard sweatshop goods and McMansions to raise their 2.5 children in

Just a hunch, but I think the announcement might be JBW doing weekday shows. I haven't listened in a long time and probably won't hear his announcement. But I thought I would throw in my 4 cents just to get it out there.

IvannZ

Is anyone listening to this John B Wells tonite? This guy is so boring, he doesn't hold a candle to George.

He also duped you all into some frenzy that he had some big announcement, which turned out to be nothing of course.

What a Fraud! This guy is going to get more air time from George?! Ha! Not in a million years.

Queen Gumbo

Quote from: IvannZ on February 23, 2013, 01:59:55 AM
This guy is going to get more air time from George?!

I CERTAINLY hope so!!!  ;D   Yes, I'm listening & liking what I hear...for just one thing, John B. has a good working knowledge of the English language.  :)

morphiaflow

I listened to a piece of JBW on my way home from finally catching LINCOLN (such an inspiring movie...the Republican party has been all downhill since....). He had some state senator or representative on, and really...one of these nights, I suspect, JBW is just going to nakedly, openly and bluntly call for revolution/secession/whatever...because gods only know, he wold love to see that powderkeg ignited so that all these redblooded, freedom-loving, REAL AMERICAN MEN can live out their Red Dawn fantasies and have (in their minds) an excuse to shoot to kill those who disagree with them, and (most likely) those they just don't like...probably those of any shade of brown and any persuasion except hetero Christian European-descendent...

yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a hater, right John (and Tommy)? Just calling it like I see it. I just hope you guys are ready for the lawsuits when JBW/Jones/whomever finally does ignite someone to some rampage. (Of course...they will disclaim all responsibility, shake their heads at the tragedy and call it a false flag faster than Sarah Palin refused to disavow Gabby Giffords' face in the middle of a targeting site...)

stevesh

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 23, 2013, 03:48:05 AM
I listened to a piece of JBW on my way home from finally catching LINCOLN (such an inspiring movie...the Republican party has been all downhill since....). He had some state senator or representative on, and really...one of these nights, I suspect, JBW is just going to nakedly, openly and bluntly call for revolution/secession/whatever...because gods only know, he wold love to see that powderkeg ignited so that all these redblooded, freedom-loving, REAL AMERICAN MEN can live out their Red Dawn fantasies and have (in their minds) an excuse to shoot to kill those who disagree with them, and (most likely) those they just don't like...probably those of any shade of brown and any persuasion except hetero Christian European-descendent...

yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a hater, right John (and Tommy)? Just calling it like I see it. I just hope you guys are ready for the lawsuits when JBW/Jones/whomever finally does ignite someone to some rampage. (Of course...they will disclaim all responsibility, shake their heads at the tragedy and call it a false flag faster than Sarah Palin refused to disavow Gabby Giffords' face in the middle of a targeting site...)

Jesus H. Christ, more Right vs. Left partisan political blather. Don't you people care about anything else ?

I thought Wells was pretty good tonight, and he pointed out more than once that the loss of civil rights (specifically speaking of the NDAA) isn't a Democrat/Republican issue.

Doomed

Quote from: sleeplessinca on February 19, 2013, 10:16:08 AM

All this talk about Snoorz leaving is sweet even if it isn't true.  Sadly, they will have to tear the headphones off his cold dead ears to make him leave.
So, let me stress yet again, just how important it is for you folks to send in those pizza roll coupons to george ralph noory at the premier radio center in L.A.

Scully

Quote from: stevesh on February 23, 2013, 03:57:35 AM

Jesus H. Christ, more Right vs. Left partisan political blather. Don't you people care about anything else ? ...

I didn't subject myself to JBW's obvious politics tonight, but I can honestly say that I have never listened to him for more than 20 minutes without him inciting in me the feeling of divisiveness  Morphiaflow has so well described.  More than that, Wells makes it obliquely apparent that he knows exactly what he's doing and finds it all quite amusing.

Wells is Premrat/Coast's Trusty Troll, and he spreads shiite everywhere, including in this Forum. :P

onan

Quote from: Scully on February 23, 2013, 04:41:30 AM

I didn't subject myself to JBW's obvious politics tonight, but I can honestly say that I have never listened to him for more than 20 minutes without him inciting in me the feeling of divisiveness  Morphiaflow has so well described.  More than that, Wells makes it obliquely apparent that he knows exactly what he's doing and finds it all quite amusing.

Wells is Premrat/Coast's Trusty Troll, and he spreads shiite everywhere, including in this Forum. :P

perfectly stated.

valdez

Wells is Premrat/Coast's Trusty Troll...
...one of these nights, I suspect, JBW is just going to nakedly, openly and bluntly call for revolution/secession/whatever...
Quote from: stevesh on February 23, 2013, 03:57:35 AM
I thought Wells was pretty good tonight...

State representatives Jared Wright (CO), and Bob Haseqawa (WA), on the ongoing battle against the NDAA. I appreciate Wells bringing on folks who are trying to make a difference, and are in a position to possibly make things happen, and all around in general attempting to kept things relevant, as oppose to yesterday when George had the nerve to waste two precious earth hours on the blatherings of Michael Horn and his Billy Meier song and dance crap fest extravaganza. Thank you, Mr. Wells.
     Spell check is gone?  You know how hard it is to spell things right?  Fine.  The revolution is a' coming.

CrabbyOld Bat

...one of these nights, I suspect, JBW is just going to nakedly, openly and bluntly call for revolution/secession/whatever....
Totally agree; I've said the same thing. John Be Unwell is a dangerous nutcase who, using a thin veil of carefully chosen words, has repeatedly called for violent revolution.

And for me, at least, this isn't about Right vs Left politics. A dangerous nut is a dangerous nut no matter where he stands politically. There are wackos on the fringes of both sides who only need a small spark from a fellow nutball to ignite their personal rage. Wells continues to provide that spark. It's only a matter of time before he ignites the rage of a sympathizer who is mentally unbalanced enough to act on it. 

FallenSeraph

Quote from: valdez on February 23, 2013, 06:04:58 AM

State representatives Jared Wright (CO), and Bob Haseqawa (WA), on the ongoing battle against the NDAA. I appreciate Wells bringing on folks who are trying to make a difference, and are in a position to possibly make things happen, and all around in general attempting to kept things relevant, as oppose to yesterday when George had the nerve to waste two precious earth hours on the blatherings of Michael Horn and his Billy Meier song and dance crap fest extravaganza. Thank you, Mr. Wells.
     Spell check is gone?  You know how hard it is to spell things right?  Fine.  The revolution is a' coming.

What Valdez said.

Pretty sure he said last week that he was specifically going to have one guest from each party to prevent any misperceptions of leaning toward one particular party. And I guess that was the big cool thing he was referencing, since he mentioned it in the same context. I appreciated what he was trying to do, although hopefuls like me were secretly wanting him to also proclaim, "And FRIDAY NIGHTS ARE MINE NOW!"

I fell asleep before naked lines. Gah.

I do wish he would take on weird topics more frequently though â€" I like him best when he's handling people who are a bit out there.

So was there some announcement after he teased it, or what?

ItsOver

Not that I heard but I only listened for a little last night.  He mentioned he was "filling in for Capt. Noory"  ::)  so it wouldn't seem like the "big announcement" has anything to do with taking over the Friday night slot.  But who knows with Capt. Bong and The Mother Ship.

Meanandnasty

Now we have suppression of the Friday surprise by the powers that be.  J.B. please expand.

Nebraska888

I think there is a real possibility that Wells is taking over Friday nights. 

ShayP

I like JBW.  He irritates me with his politics at times.  Regardless.....10X better than Noory.  At least JBW is genuine.  Noory is a fraud.

Morgus

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 23, 2013, 12:04:08 PM
So was there some announcement after he teased it, or what?
i think it was just the last minute guests Wells added for last night's show and he went into a long discussion of why he doesn't promo his guests in advance and often adds some special guests at the last minute.
He added for last night's show: State representatives Jared Wright (CO), and Bob Haseqawa (WA), on the ongoing battle against the NDAA

Morgus

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 23, 2013, 01:35:59 PM
I think there is a real possibility that Wells is taking over Friday nights.
nah, Wells just seems to fill in for Noory on the friday nights he takes off about once a month for his event appearances and taping of his TV video podcast show.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: onan on February 23, 2013, 05:46:10 AM

perfectly stated.
Ditto.  And a further shout out to Morphiaflow who has been one of the most conscientious posters on this site both in opinion and in the delivery of factual information. Posters like you (and Morgus and Onan and HAL 9000) keep the discussion honest, frank and entertaining.  Thank you.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 23, 2013, 04:27:48 PM
Ditto.  And a further shout out to Morphiaflow who has been one of the most conscientious posters on this site both in opinion and in the delivery of factual information. Posters like you (and Morgus and Onan and HAL 9000) keep the discussion honest, frank and entertaining.  Thank you.

It is the new media. Where the culture of the show and the comments about the show are actually better than the show.

morphiaflow

Thank you for the shout out. I wasn't trying to incite left v. right. I was trying to point out that Wells' entire persona is based on inciting it.

As for PremRad/CC, whatever, it's interesting--another piece of Wells I caught last night ran more or less like this:

"I need to point out that what I'm saying are my own opinions and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Premiere Radio or the affiliate you're listening on, but having said that, when the revolution comes, remember, you asked for it."

HOW DOES THIS GUY STILL HAVE A JOB?

morphiaflow

Quote from: ItsOver on February 23, 2013, 12:08:35 PM
Not that I heard but I only listened for a little last night.  He mentioned he was "filling in for Capt. Noory"  ::)  so it wouldn't seem like the "big announcement" has anything to do with taking over the Friday night slot.  But who knows with Capt. Bong and The Mother Ship.

For a second I read that as "The Captain bangs the Mother Ship."

Yeah, I don't want that image in my head either, which is why i had to subject all of you to it.

morphiaflow

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 23, 2013, 04:27:48 PM

Well I'm flattered at the shout out and I thank you, though I'm as susceptible as anyone to posting things in the heat of the moment without full forethought, as was the case last night (though I stand by what I wrote). That said, I shall endeavor to live up to your high marks.

Well, I was wrong about the big announcement and I admit it. It was wishful thinking on my part that Jorch would leave Fridays and take UFO Phil with him, but he likes his paycheck and his imaginary celebrity status so I guess he's hanging on. Dang, and I got my hopes up, even though I don't like JBW and his conspiracy theories, particularly the Sandy Hook one. And speaking of which, Noory is on that bandwagon as well, having recorded one of his "I just want the troooooth" promos that comes right up to saying outright that this was a ploy by the government to take away our guns. But he didn't have the nuggets to actually come right out and say it.

So, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice.... Next time JBW has a *big announcement*, I'll just yawn and keep on going.

ItsOver

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 23, 2013, 05:12:40 PM
For a second I read that as "The Captain bangs the Mother Ship."

Yeah, I don't want that image in my head either, which is why i had to subject all of you to it.

No problem.  Capt. Bong will be back up in a few minutes so I'll be listening to him stumble around the deck of "The Mother Ship" once again.  You could say he's banging around the Mother Ship, once again.  ;)