A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Morgus

The funny thing last night was when John B. Wells' guest Maurice Cotterell kept calling John, "George" several times and John had to correct him. :D

CoastCanuck

The C2C website says there will be a guest host Saturday night.
Date:03-16-13  Host:Dave SchraderGuests:Mark  Anthony
Filling in for John B. Wells, Dave Schrader (email) welcomes Mark Anthony the 'Psychic Lawyer,' who'll discuss the nature of consciousness, and how this relates with death and the afterlife.

ShayP

Quote from: CoastCanuck on March 15, 2013, 02:59:23 PM
Filling in for John B. Wells, Dave Schrader (email) welcomes Mark Anthony the 'Psychic Lawyer,' who'll discuss the nature of consciousness, and how this relates with death and the afterlife.

That sucks.  I look forward to JBW being a palate cleanser after Noory's bullshit and Ian Punnett irritating me once a month.  Plus the topic sucks. And who is David Schrader?  Oh well.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: CoastCanuck on March 15, 2013, 02:59:23 PM
I dislike Wells, but I dislike psychic consciousness horseshit even more.

ItsOver

At least it's not Capt. Bong stumbling around his psychedelic Mother Ship, giving shout-outs to Darth Noory.

Falkie2013

Filing in for Wells tonight is Dave Schrader. Who in the heck is this guy ?

Snoory's replacement ?

I see he's done the show before.

Is he worth listening to or should I just stay asleep ?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 16, 2013, 07:00:40 PM
Filing in for Wells tonight is Dave Shrader. Who in the heck is this guy ?

Snoory's replacement ?
Unlikely he's as bad as Wells anyway. Unless Premiere is going for a trifecta of losers.

beyondbeleef

Wells seems to be as stupid and listless as Noory, if not more so. Guests and their rubbish go unchallenged and he just goes on 'mmmhmm' 'mmmhm' and 'yeah' to whatever they say.

Plus some of his conspiracy theories and total right wing bias can be damaging. I have gotten really upset listening to him sound off about Sandy Hook or Muslims.

Naturally he fits the PremRat mould but I can fall asleep to him, without listening hard. At least with Noory you can laugh at how obviously unprepared and unable to properly engage with his guests apart from feigned politeness and courtesy. Wells has a few more marbles rolling round in his head but chooses to spend his time on nutjob conspiracies.

Falkie2013

Could Wells look like Morocco Mole ?

Hmm, might start a whole series of cartoons, eh ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Murder101

Dave's show,darkness radio is awesome with good topics. He's much much better than any c2c host that's on now. That said I hate when he gets on psychic crap or spiritual topics.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 16, 2013, 07:04:12 PM
Unless Premiere is going for a trifecta of losers.
They are. That is, until they find enough for a quartet,quintet,sextet...

valdez

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 17, 2013, 12:24:32 AM
...Dry, a bit boring, but I'll take boring over dopey 10 times out of 10.
Quote from: MTB on March 16, 2013, 11:55:07 PM
I think he has potential...
Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM
...He actually may not suck...
Quote from: Doomed on March 17, 2013, 01:49:29 AM
...I give him a 6 out of 10...
Quote from: PurpleChirple on March 16, 2013, 11:37:44 PM
B*O*R*I*N*G*
Quote from: SnoorysStache on March 16, 2013, 06:48:23 PM
Actually Dave's not bad....

I was impressed with David Schrader a while back when Wells had him on as a guest, and he did a good job tonight filling in for "il duce." Jeff Mudgett on a serial killer named H.H. Holmes, whom Mudgett is related to, and how Holmes may be Jack the Ripper, but even if he ain't Jack the Ripper, the stuff this guy did in Chicago in the late 1800's stands alone as some serious whacked out stuff. I'm surprised I've never heard of him. Mark Anthony on consciousness and the after life. When you hear two guys really getting into a subject, with good questions and intriguing answers, you realise just what kind of shitty job Noory is dishing out to us. I'm surprised Wells was able to pick his own replacement. Good show.
H.H.Holmes

VtaGeezer

I give Schrader a "B".  He seemed a bit dry and detached. On the plus, side, he's fairly articulate and, refreshingly, not out to make the show about him.  I also heard some new guy jitters. I'd compare him to George Knapp more than other recent C2C hosts.

Nebraska888

I give Schrader an A!  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of his program.  The man has a great vocabulary which allows him to articulate with intelligence.  His interjected commentary was interesting, relevant and always finished with a "connected" follow-up question.
OMG.......This man was great.  I liked him better than Simone and Wells.  And, as we all know, he made Noory look like the simpleton that he is.
I look forward to listening to him again and again.
Oh, and.....Knapp is on tonight!  Hoooorrraaaayyyy!!!!

greatgambino

Last Saturday night John Wells was not at his usual position at the helm of the ship, what happened to him?  They didnt say he was ill or other engagements just announced a replacement host.  He sure picked many hot topics and I think he was the best C2C host since Art Bell.  He took on really controversial topics like Black OPs and Scientology.  Hope he is coming back.

greatgambino

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 16, 2013, 07:04:12 PM
Unlikely he's as bad as Wells anyway. Unless Premiere is going for a trifecta of losers.

From listening to JBW I think he is the best that C2C has, Noory is a condescending weasel running around to UFO and ghost hunts to double his paycheck.  JBW is the only C2C host that takes on new and controversial issues.  Art Bell started the show many years ago, and ghosts, Big Foot, and UFOs were unheard of.  Now they are front page topics for all with tin foil hats.  Get over it if you cant stand controversy and turn the channel. 

RedMichael

JBW doesn't take on new or controversial issues. He has almost no radio announcing experience (none outside of C2C?). He often just lets his guess spiral out of control to where not even the guest knows where they are going with their rambling.

I think you might mean controversial as in: conspiracy's and what not. I don't think doom and gloom/conspiracy shows are controversial except maybe when the host sells survival supplies on his website or does work outside of C2C for some of the projects/topics his shows are on.

What is your opinion on Knapp or Ian?

Falkie2013

Quote from: greatgambino on March 19, 2013, 11:41:01 PM
Last Saturday night John Wells was not at his usual position at the helm of the ship, what happened to him?  They didnt say he was ill or other engagements just announced a replacement host.  He sure picked many hot topics and I think he was the best C2C host since Art Bell.  He took on really controversial topics like Black OPs and Scientology.  Hope he is coming back.

Thank you for posting John.  ;)

But seriously, maybe the show is winding down and they got rid of John or maybe his ratings were low which is why they brought in the paranormal fellow.

Morgus

This is the first Saturday night Wells has taken off.
Thats not very often, compared to Noory's frequent disappearances on Friday nights, so I wouldn't be concerned.

Meanandnasty

Could he be taking off a week or two until he is promoted to run the Mothership if Noory is ousted on April Fool's Day?

ItsOver

Rest easy.  Capt. Bong will be back stumbling around his psychedelic mother ship on Saturday.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2013/03/23

Scully

John B. spent 4 hours and 4 guests tonight hyping all the nuclear radiation worries of the world, all the while repeatedly suggesting people go to his own website caravantomidnight.com.

Eventually he heard himself talking was careful to say he didn't care where anyone "gets one," just that one do so.  He's speaking, of course, of the snake oil radiation detector units he sells from $470-$599 -- a happy and completely coincidental remedy he has to dying unaware ahead of time warn us all of the hazards he's so kindly pointed out.

And Jorch says there are no coincidences.  ???

WOTR

Quote from: Scully on March 24, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

And Jorch says there are no coincidences.  ???
I love your posts...

Anyhow, I managed an hour or so of the captain Bong before deciding that I could not do it anymore.  I think when he managed to somehow get in his points on gun control during a show dedicated to nuclear reactors I started questioning why I was listening.  He did have a point about it just going away with no fanfare, but I am so sick of main stream talk hosts who dominate the airwaves pretending that they alone bring us the news that the mainstream media refuses to.

If coast is the most listened to late night talk show (as they claim) how can they not be mainstream?  In the day I get talk radio hosts syndicated nation wide who talk about the mainstream media as though they are not a part of it... they are different... they alone can report the real news and only their listeners are smart enough to grasp the truth.

Wells and his guest were talking about the alphabet soup of stations not reporting the truth.  I know he means NBC and ABC... but he needs to remember that C2C is broadcast over WHCU, KDJI, WTNT and brought to you each night by the letter S (for suckage.)  I know he would like to pretend that he is broadcasting over pirate radio and is not a corporate shill- but Pemrat signs his cheque.  Somehow I think he sees himself as Christian Slater in Pump up the volume instead of the ass kissing yes man that he really is.

I apologize for the rant- but this crap where major broadcasters syndicated by corporations and broadcast over the largest stations covering the entire continent with millions of listeners each week pretending that they are NOT the mainstream is old...

slipstream

Do some of you listen just to be annoyed?

RedMichael

I listen for entertainment, not just the subjects, but the ineptness of the hosts/shows anymore. It does help if you have listened to the show in the past. There really aren't any nationally affiliated shows with as incompetent hosts. Call me morbid but it is the same as everyone slowing down to see a car wreck.

Although Knapp usually is a good show because he is a good host and Ian seems to do alright when only needing to research one show a month.

Why do you listen?

Edit: I ask this knowing that we both can agree that Wells is an alarmist parakeet that regurgitates subjects that boost sales on his website. He usually leads with whomever will sell the most/is the most extreme too. Which leads to a personal game of mine called google the first guest.

http://atomicinsights.com/2012/07/arnie-gundersen-caught-on-video-lying-about-risk-of-radiation-released-during-fukushima-event.html

I liked this show. It seems the remedy to Wells being boring is having 3 or 4 guests (this and the banking show).
The lady that talked about them building on a the former nuclear site reminded my of Craig Nelson in Poltergeist's "...you only moved the headstones!" line. Which got my dinosaur brain thinking (I refuse to say lizard brain because GN loves that topic).
http://qkme.me/3tidd2

mombird3

I thought it was very good. I listened to the entire show. He asked good questions. And the guests were pretty interesting.Much better than Noory.

Scully

Quote from: slipstream on March 24, 2013, 09:13:59 AM
Do some of you listen just to be annoyed?

You mean like some of us listen to Noory to count the ways he screws up?

Guilty re Noory.  Not re Wells.  I quit listening to him months ago.  This past show I fell asleep listening to Somewhere in Time and woke up to Wells holding forth.  It was the old trainwreck excuse.  I just couldn't shut my gaping mouth and stop listening.

My main problem with Wells' shows is his topic matter.  Why anyone wants to listen weekly in the middle of the night to all the horrible ways our lives are being mangled and to the certainty of a painful and lingering death soon to come is beyond me. :o

RedMichael

But but but...

He has a nice radio voice!?

Morgus

the c2c website shows John wells is the guest for the live chat tonight.