A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

michio

Stop the presses. A new conspiracy arises from JBW and company. Wayne Madsen believes Philip Marshall's "murder/suicide" is a plain conspiracy of targeted murder. Coincidentally, Madsen appears to me as the same guy who believed that Andrew Breitbart was taken out by Obama's henchmen (because a malfunctioning ticker wasn't reason enough).

The only questions I have left are, what is NOT a conspiracy to JBW, and how far is too far to bastardize Coast to Coast as his personal public highchair to attack Pres. Obama and his administration.

Is Obama Targeting Key Patriots on Enemies List? Wayne Madsen Reports 1/3

BigDave

Quote from: michio on February 24, 2013, 01:11:26 AM
Stop the presses. A new conspiracy arises from JBW and company. Wayne Madsen believes Philip Marshall's "murder/suicide" is a plain conspiracy of targeted murder. Coincidentally, Madsen appears to me as the same guy who believed that Andrew Breitbart was taken out by Obama's henchmen (because a malfunctioning ticker wasn't reason enough).

The only questions I have left are, what is NOT a conspiracy to JBW, and how far is too far to bastardize Coast to Coast as his personal public highchair to attack Pres. Obama and his administration.

People that attack Barry have My blessing 8)

Is there  anybody that still cares about Scientology?

Yeah, I didn`t think so.

WOTR

I caught a bit of last night and it was not bad (high praise considering my dislike of the clown.)  For what I heard, he shut up most of the time and let the representatives speak.  Agree with them or not, it is good to hear what elected representatives think and are doing.  So often nobody really knows what they are doing or thinking and you only get short quips during elections- and even then, only the ones in your area.

Did anybody else catch Wells giving the disclaimer about his view not necessarily representing the views of management of affiliate stations?  I really hate to wonder if it was a sly way to say that he keeps tabs on the Noory sucks thread?  (I had jokingly said that their legal representation should make them put such a disclaimer in front of the infomercials and cancer cures that Coast has become...)

I think I got 10 minutes into tonight.  I hope that I am not misremembering Wells' performance last night- he is back to talking and sucking tonight.  In the case of Coast- silence is golden.

morphiaflow

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 24, 2013, 01:22:24 AM
Yeah, I didn`t think so.

Actually...I do.
I say this through gnashed and gritted teeth--listen up kidneys because this won't happen often--but it seems even Wells can't screw up an anti-Scientology show. Fortunately he is letting the guest do most of the talking. Let's hope he doesn't start tying it into his usual conspiracy BS before the night is up....

michio

Quote from: BigDave on February 24, 2013, 01:16:59 AM

People that attack Barry have My blessing 8)

Then you approve of people making up shit to incite discontent. Good for you and blowhard, windbag Conservative radio. This is exactly why this crap doesn't belong on Coast to Coast. It's pure partisan politics and Wells' hypocrite is showing.

morphiaflow

Well, it's over. I can honestly say it was the most listenable Wells show I've ever heard and the only one I've ever gone out of my way to listen to in full. A bit of his paranoid/anti-government/anti-pc stuff came through (he let a few callers take that burden off him)--although there were still plenty of awkward pauses and dead air. But overall, this is on of the only times I'll say anything even sorta complimentary about the guy. But then even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

valdez

Is there anybodythat still cares about Scientology?
Quote from: morphiaflow on February 24, 2013, 03:59:46 AM
...I can honestly say it was the most listenable Wells show I've ever heard and the only one I've ever gone out of my way to listen to in full...
Wells revisits the tragedy of Phillip Marshall with Wayne Madsen. I dig that Madsen is investigating this, but he seems to have a high level of Bush derangement that always gives me the creeps. The whole Scientology thing is fascinating. A few months ago I spent two days watching stuff on youtube about it. The pro-church propaganda, the critics, everything. Very crazy. I wanted to hear more from Jenna Miscavige Hill, so I may order her book. Kudos to Wells for doing the interview.

Jenna Hill

Nebraska888

Quote from: valdez on February 24, 2013, 06:28:25 AM
     Wells revisits the tragedy of Phillip Marshall with Wayne Madsen. I dig that Madsen is investigating this, but he seems to have a high level of Bush derangement that always gives me the creeps. The whole Scientology thing is fascinating. A few months ago I spent two days watching stuff on youtube about it. The pro-church propaganda, the critics, everything. Very crazy. I wanted to hear more from Jenna Miscavige Hill, so I may order her book. Kudos to Wells for doing the interview.

Jenna Hill

Good program last night......no complaints here!

John Smith

Quote from: michio on February 24, 2013, 01:11:26 AM

+1 This bat-shit crazy Paranoid crap totally drags C2C unnecessarily down...but I guess it rates well in some way.

Morgus

I found it amusing early in the interview last night, when guest Jenna Hill admitted she didn't really learn much about the Thetan spirits mumbo-jumbo from her time brought up in Scientology, she told about what she learned about it from the cartoon TV show 'Southpark' :D

FallenSeraph

TBH, as much as I'm a fan, I thought he sounded a little spacey and lost last night (topic: Scientology), like he wasn't really paying attention. There were parts that flat-out made me wince. I think he kept drifting off.

Most of his bumper music was about pot, too. (LOL)

I liked the topic though. I'm probably going to get that book now.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 24, 2013, 04:55:37 PM
TBH, as much as I'm a fan, I thought he sounded a little spacey and lost last night (topic: Scientology), like he wasn't really paying attention. There were parts that flat-out made me wince. I think he kept drifting off.

Most of his bumper music was about pot, too. (LOL)

I liked the topic though. I'm probably going to get that book now.

He does tend to get a little quiet when the guests are female, that old softie. He was saying how nice she looked in some picture that he thought the picture might have been airbrushed or photoshopped. Lol. FRANKENSTEIN LIKE PRETTY LADY  :o

morphiaflow

Geez, and here I thought it was just about the only time I've ever heard him be on his game and ask relevant questions.

In reference to my previous post:

Actually, I remember he was saying the thing about her picture looking photoshopped right when I tuned in. So he may have been referring to a childhood photo? In which case, he is even creepier than I thought.

FallenSeraph

Yeah, I stand corrected: He did perk up a little more in hours 3.5 and 4.

And he was talking about how Scientologists seem to have a bright light in their eyes, and how that pic of her as a kid seemed to have one too. And she said something like "well, I don't think they had Photoshop back then . . . or maybe they did!"

I was hoping some ticked-off Scientologists would call in.

morphiaflow

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 24, 2013, 07:27:32 PM
I was hoping some ticked-off Scientologists would call in.

I expected that too but pretty sure they screened them out.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 24, 2013, 08:33:41 PM
I expected that too but pretty sure they screened them out.

Tom Cruise tried to call into the Scientology segment, but the producer told him that they were not accepting any secret door calls and told him to get back into the closet. 

ZombiePoppa

"but he seems to have a high level of Bush derangement that always gives me the creeps."

Yeah, um, if you don't have Bush derangement syndrome then you're a fucking brain dead sack of dog shits.

Scientology is a creepy, misogynistic, repressive, and largely irrelevant, cult. Everyone walking and breathing on the planet knows it (or, SHOULD know it by now, as it`s been flogged to death in the media over the last 20+ years).  It just seems every 15 minutes,  a report surfaces regarding a person escaping the insidious  clutches of Scientology or some kooky Hollyweird-type acting bizarrely, no doubt by dictate of the cult Grand Poobah. It`s become utterly unremarkable. 

I just thought last night was a complete waste of time. But then, I think most C2C AM shows are a complete waste of time these days.

Scientology has not been flogged to death unfortunately in main stream media. They have enormous sums of tax-free cash, and they have large presences in many 1st world countries (and some not so first world). I believe only Australia and Germany has really fought them, whereas in the US they are glossed over and rarely touched due to fear of reprisal. Head down to Clearwater and take some pics of the HQ and see how that goes.

Jenna Hill is the real deal, check out http://exscientologykids.com. Anonymous fought these asses quite a bit back in the day, and they are still destroying people and families. I truly believe that they are a real evil, but thats me. Truly fuckin scary that they haven't been brought to justice for the things they have done.

Frankly I dont have a problem with the followers, they can believe what they want, but its the kids and the families that are torn apart believing in this church that truly show its real colors.

Note: I think Noory sucks, but the fact that John B Wells tackled this makes me give at least him a lot of props.. Most don't or won't .

Art Bell come back you jerk! =)

Juan Cena

Who was that ex-Scientology guy that Ian interviewed a couple of times. He had a pretty fascinating story or how he escaped.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Juan Cena on February 26, 2013, 10:16:22 PM
Who was that ex-Scientology guy that Ian interviewed a couple of times. He had a pretty fascinating story or how he escaped.

I believe it was Marc Headley. I read his book Blown for Good.  It was quite interesting.

http://blownforgood.com/

someguy

Yeah, I didn`t think so.

I still care, scientologists are fuckin monsters

someguy

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 26, 2013, 10:55:48 PM
I believe it was Marc Headley. I read his book Blown for Good.  It was quite interesting.

http://blownforgood.com/

That's definitely a great book.

McPhallus

I'm just amazed how they're able to stay around after all these years of bad press.  Don't all cults fail eventually?

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 25, 2013, 12:54:08 AM
Scientology is a creepy, misogynistic, repressive, and largely irrelevant, cult. Everyone walking and breathing on the planet knows it (or, SHOULD know it by now, as it`s been flogged to death in the media over the last 20+ years).  It just seems every 15 minutes,  a report surfaces regarding a person escaping the insidious  clutches of Scientology or some kooky Hollyweird-type acting bizarrely, no doubt by dictate of the cult Grand Poobah. It`s become utterly unremarkable. 

I just thought last night was a complete waste of time. But then, I think most C2C AM shows are a complete waste of time these days.

Quote from: McPhallus on February 27, 2013, 08:12:39 PM

I'm just amazed how they're able to stay around after all these years of bad press.  Don't all cults fail eventually?

I suppose that would depend upon one`s definition of success. According  to recent surveys, Scientology has only a few thousand members in the U.S.. By all reasonable standards, the Church of Scientology is irrelevant. In fact, in most circles of which I am aware, to claim membership in that cult is to relegate oneself to pariah status.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 28, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

I suppose that would depend upon one`s definition of success. According  to recent surveys, Scientology has only a few thousand members in the U.S.. By all reasonable standards, the Church of Scientology is irrelevant. In fact, in most circles of which I am aware, to claim membership in that cult is to relegate oneself to pariah status.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. I am not aware of the number of actual numbers in the church, but they have established Scientology centers in most major cities in the US and around the world. The amount of money they earn by fleecing their members was enough to establish scientology based sub groups outwardly acting to help people but really intended to gather even more followers, such as Narconon. From what I remember they even bought the group that acted as a watchdog for cults and other forms of bad religion. 

They also have enough money to buy ads at the last 2 Super Bowls, and they actively recruit at most universities (Recently found a table at San Jose State while visiting) and now are attempting to recruit Sea Org members in areas like Thailand and Malaysia (Not to mention everywhere else, but I have heard that they have stepped up in some up and coming countries..)

Most informed people would see that they are not what they claim to be, and you would not know any Scientologists because of the nature of Scientology. Scientologists   are disconnected from most of society and are brainwashed into thinking that any one who speaks against the church are "suppressive people" who they need to disconnect from. This is how they get people to "willingly" hand over enormous sums of money and stop interacting with former friends and family.. Once in that vacuum of rational thought, they take literally everything from a member over time and use force, threats, and legal action to silence former members.

Look into the Anonymous vs Scientology fight and ExScientologykids..

https://whyweprotest.net/community/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Chanology
http://exscientologykids.com/anonymous/
http://www.examiner.com/article/nbc-report-on-narconon-drug-rehab-prompts-church-of-scientology-statements?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

Quote from: Keep Rock Evil on February 28, 2013, 09:44:24 AM

Unfortunately this is incorrect. I am not aware of the number of actual numbers in the church, but they have established Scientology centers in most major cities in the US and around the world. The amount of money they earn by fleecing their members was enough to establish scientology based sub groups outwardly acting to help people but really intended to gather even more followers, such as Narconon. From what I remember they even bought the group that acted as a watchdog for cults and other forms of bad religion. 

They also have enough money to buy ads at the last 2 Super Bowls, and they actively recruit at most universities (Recently found a table at San Jose State while visiting) and now are attempting to recruit Sea Org members in areas like Thailand and Malaysia (Not to mention everywhere else, but I have heard that they have stepped up in some up and coming countries..)

According to Jeff Hawkins (author of Leaving Scientology), the former Scientology PR guru during the years they experienced some growth, there just aren`t very many of them anywhere in the world, much less here.  Very interesting reading From his blog: [size=78%]http://tinyurl.com/mh6bgd[/size] and [size=78%]http://tinyurl.com/3aodzpb[/size]

Awesome Ill take a look! Thanks!