A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

HAL 9000

I investigated Ann Blake-Tracy years ago. I don't have all the data I found, but here is what I found in the last few minutes:

Ann Blake-Tracy is a complete fraud

See:
http://themakingofauniversity.blogspot.com/ and search for Tracy

and here:
http://themakingofauniversity.blogspot.com/2009/01/diploma-demille.html

http://themakingofauniversity.blogspot.com/2009/12/degrees-no-longer-offered.html

This "diploma mill" is not accredited.

Examples:
QuoteExpert witness
By the way, Ann Tracy puts herself out as an "expert witness" based on this degree, and apparently has testified at several trials. At one in Arkansas -- a child rape case, where she was TESTIFYING ON BEHALF OF THE ACCUSED -- she was forced to admit that the degree came from George Wythe College. Her testimony was thrown out. (David Eric WOOD v. STATE of Arkansas, Opinion delivered September 5, 2001)

Tracy explained to the Deseret News that "the Ph.D. was awarded for 'lifetime experience,' specifically for the writing of Prozac: Panacea or Pandora? which she says she has been told is the equivalent of, or 'far beyond,' a dissertation."

The Deseret News then noted that the self-published book "contains spelling and punctuation errors and incomplete sentences."

The school's response (given via administrators' edits to the school's Wikipedia article) is that it cleaned up its act in 2002, and that it now has a sharp focus on Statesmanship and Constitutional Law -- no more psychology or business degrees.

Here is a complete list of their faculty from their website:

http://www.gw.edu/about/people/faculty.php

Note: While I didn't click on everyone's name, the majority of adjunct professors and "mentors" also had degrees from George Wythe College. A complete sham in my opinion.

NOBODY on c2c ever challenges their guests on lack of or false/meaningless degrees. I wrote Ian years ago about her, and never received a response.

My house is about one-third the size of the George Wythe College main building. I live in a normal middle-class rural neighborhood.

ziznak

I caught a little funny exchange with wells and hoaxboy... this chick tho seems to be saying all the same crap I could say after listening to Alex Jones rant on suicide/mass murder pills.

HAL 9000

Oh yeah - you can get a "premium" membership on her website for only $99 per month.

http://tinyurl.com/ay7s5am

mombird3

Wells is very good. The drug issue is right. Even if the credentials of this person is not all true. I know some Meniere's people on anti depressants and they are depressed and NOT improving. I am not taking anything. the doctor told me I could have one bottle prescription of Valium. And no more. That was six years ago. The doctor said it was a crutch that the brain did not need for anxiety. It will adjust. And it has. a former friend is sleeping most of the day and lives as a hermit. I told her to get another doctor, that is not normal. She had an argument with her to see someone else.
This week had been one of the worst I have had being able to hear. I was frustrated but after the weather started to clear, I began to be able to hear. But tonight I was able to listen to the show.
Drug without talk therapy do nothing. many of the people in the Meniere's group I know have not been able to cope with it. When I am doing things without any drugs. I believe that these drugs are bad.
At least Wells can ask good questions. I know of Gary Null from old time radio days in NYC on WBAI radio. She just mentioned him.

So I take it this George Wythe College is really rinky-dink or even beyond?  I hope that, at least, it's not one of those places where if you send them enough money, they'll mail you back a supposed degree.

Quote from: mombird3 on January 20, 2013, 03:56:17 AM
Wells is very good. The drug issue is right. Even if the credentials of this person is not all true. I know some Meniere's people on anti depressants and they are depressed and NOT improving.

So now doctors prescribe people with Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear, anti-depressants?  That's the first I've heard of this.  I have a cousin with Meniere's and he's not on ADs for his condition, at least I don't think so.  I'm going to ask him now.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Unexplained Light on January 20, 2013, 03:57:17 AM
So I take it this George Wythe College is really rinky-dink or even beyond?  I hope that, at least, it's not one of those places where if you send them enough money, they'll mail you back a supposed degree.

Your hopes are dashed... she was awarded her "doctorate" for life experience. Read the links.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Unexplained Light on January 20, 2013, 04:07:46 AMSo now doctors prescribe people with Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear, anti-depressants?  That's the first I've heard of this.  I have a cousin with Meniere's and he's not on ADs for his condition, at least I don't think so.  I'm going to ask him now.

Diazepam is a well-studied and accepted treatment for certain individuals/symptoms with Meniere's. Please people, all it takes is a little effort/research on your part. Anecdotal evidence is almost worthless.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/menieres-disease/DS00535/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

among many other respected sites. I guess it's up to you to believe people with no formal education on the topic and fraudulent degrees, or world-renowned respected institutions of higher learning.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 20, 2013, 04:24:33 AM
Diazepam is a well-studied and accepted treatment for certain individuals/symptoms with Meniere's. Please people, all it takes is a little effort/research on your part. Anecdotal evidence is almost worthless.

I don't really consider Diazepam an anti-depressant.  It's a relaxant prescribed for people suffering from chronic anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, seizures, alcohol withdrawal, benzodiazepine withdrawal and Ménière's disease (yes).  Maybe it does cheer up some of the depressed, for a bit, as it sets them floating along on a white cloud, but it is not technically an "anti-depressant" drug like the Prozacs, et al., which are supposed to be mood stabilizers.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Unexplained Light on January 20, 2013, 04:32:46 AM
I don't really consider Diazepam an anti-depressant.  It's a relaxant prescribed for people suffering from chronic anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, seizures, alcohol withdrawal, benzodiazepine withdrawal and Ménière's disease (yes).  Maybe it does cheer up some of the depressed, for a bit, as it sets them floating along on a white cloud, but it is not technically an "anti-depressant" drug like the Prozacs, et al., which are supposed to be mood stabilizers.

I was only responding to a previous poster who mentioned Meniere's and diazepam. I know diazepam is not for depression. Insofar as antidepressants and Meniere's is concerned, you should read the citations here:
http://meniere.evidencewatch.com/

There is compelling evidence it can help. It may also not help. This dichotomy of certain modalities working for some, but not others, is call life.

ziznak

isn't diazepam clonopin?? I love them things can eat em like tic tacs!!  alprazolam is xanex... all the pams are yummmy dippy goodness.  Of course they can also effect people like alcohol so... murder suicide can be a side effect.

damn spell check turned "diazepam" into "disappear."  We should really consider adding drug names to the dictionary here... we talk about em enough.

onan

Quote from: ziznak on January 20, 2013, 05:41:09 AM
isn't diazepam clonopin?? I love them things can eat em like tic tacs!!  alprazolam is xanex... all the pams are yummmy dippy goodness.  Of course they can also effect people like alcohol so... murder suicide can be a side effect.

damn spell check turned "diazepam" into "disappear."  We should really consider adding drug names to the dictionary here... we talk about em enough.

Valium.

it is one of many anxiolytics. It is a benzodiazepine.

Valium, klonopin, xanax, ativan, librium and others are used primarily for anxiety. They should be used for short term treatment, however many times they are Rx'd for months to years... always a bad call.

Not to side track, but, most depressions can be treated with talk therapy. But the addition of medications can significantly reduce how long one is clinicaly depressed... just not all the time. As Hal stated not all treatments work all the time nor are they always comparatively efficacious.

valdez

It took Wells about forty minutes to get around to asking Richard C. Hoagland just what the heck is torsion field physics, and when Richard's answer began with references to the K.G.B., well, I just knew we really weren't going to get anything resembling an answer.  And I didn't get exactly why he was almost placed under house arrest in Mexico, but he made up for all that with his description of driving down some desert road and seeing what he thought was a fire out in the horizon that turned out to be the Milky Way. That's what you get with the Hoagster:  40% batshit craziness, 20% digressions to throw you off the trail, 10% taking no crap from Noory, and 30% genuine wonder at all the useless beauty that surrounds us.  I'm sure Dr. Ann Blake Tracy was saying something important about drugs, but that monotone presentation just killed it for me.

ziznak

wait klons are klonazepam right?  i love pam
Quote from: valdez on January 20, 2013, 07:02:37 AM

LMFAO

So...guns are good and everyone should have one, medications are bad and no one should take any.

And, no, I have no answer to any of this.  I'm just so tired of all the screaming. 

And...and it's a BIG and: I am unbelievably offended by Mr. Wells' assertion that our government is in the business of murdering our children in order to change a few laws.  Yeah, I know the history of this country.  I've lived through a little of it.

It confuses me that people seem to demonize the pill makers but worship the gun makers.  I'm not an advocate of taking guns away from citizens(I have one of my own).  But I also do NOT believe the NRA wants to protect anyone's rights to own a gun. I think ALL they care about is the profit margin of gun manufacturers.

I believe too many people are needlessly medicated.  BUT, I also believe many more are in serious need of medication and have to TAKE IT.
Just my opinion on a cold, Sunday morning after I woke up to JBW uttering one of his many........oh, nevermind.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 16, 2013, 12:41:42 AM

A show geared toward conspiratorial lunatics, engaging in conspiratorial lunacy. Imagine that.

Do you people think you're tuning in for Fresh Air or All Things Considered? I mean, have you listened to C2C in the past 8 years or so? What a bunch of Captain Renaults.

Here are your winnings, sir.

I tune into Coast for conspiracy stuff, too, but this is so different than even the 9/11 truther movement.  There are no questions about Adam Lanza's existence or the weapons he possessed.  My brother, who lives about a mile from the school, was acquainted with Nancy Lanza.  She was part of a group that met at My Place on Queen Street and were basically like the gang from "Cheers".  The cops in Newtown really are having a tough time getting through this.  The victims are real, the shooter is real, the cops responding found a real massacre.  The mysterious "second shooter" the cops hauled away is an old hermit nutbag nicknamed "Crazy Charlie" who lives in the woods that connect the school to Treadwell Park.
Really?  A conspiracy to "take our guns"? Working out well so far, isn't it. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 20, 2013, 09:35:44 AM

I tune into Coast for conspiracy stuff, too, but this is so different than even the 9/11 truther movement.  There are no questions about Adam Lanza's existence or the weapons he possessed.  My brother, who lives about a mile from the school, was acquainted with Nancy Lanza.  She was part of a group that met at My Place on Queen Street and were basically like the gang from "Cheers".  The cops in Newtown really are having a tough time getting through this.  The victims are real, the shooter is real, the cops responding found a real massacre.  The mysterious "second shooter" the cops hauled away is an old hermit nutbag nicknamed "Crazy Charlie" who lives in the woods that connect the school to Treadwell Park.

Oh haven't you seen the latest YT hook that the conspiracy nutjobs are hanging their collective; know jackshit, congratulate each other's 'work', speculate everything, blame the government, still know jackshit, but come out with all the answers; hat on? The pathetic, desperate, vile pieces of choleric sputum are suggesting the Sandy Hook massacre wasn't...No kids were killed; the parents are actors, the school nurse doesn't exist, and that the local Sheriff is really a CIA black ops officer, or Navy Seal, or Obama's pet assassin, or something..but not the local sheriff. These people are allowed to breed, they are legally allowed to reproduce, and worse, they're allowed out of their basements without supervision, and no doubt also allowed to have a weapon..jeeeze. And some are scared about Aliens?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 20, 2013, 09:35:44 AM

I'm someone who is entertained by conspiracy theories, largely because of these absurdist leaps one is required to make to state their case...but Jones, Wells and company are taking it to vile extremes with Aurora and Newtown. It's disgusting and insane, but not new-I've heard chattering about "false-flag gun grabbing" for years incidents like Dunblane and Port Arthur in '96, Columbine in '99  etc.

Here's the thing that irks me. I have hundreds upon hundreds of books that would fall under the penumbra of that term "conspiracy theory"...and Wells and his ilk are making me almost ashamed of it. Doubting the findings on the killings of JFK,RFK,MLK,Allende etc is one thing, or epochal events like Gulf of Tonkin, Six Day War or 9/11 is another. But the theories on Sandy Hook just reeks of the worst type of paranoia and batshit insanity.

Give me fake moon landings.

11angeleyes11

Here is one point I have not heard mentioned regarding drugs and guns, and I feel should be looked into.  It is a subsidiary issue but hits on some points that I have just read.  I did not hear the show last evening, however, I have listened to George's guest that advocates less prescriping of anti-depressants.

The point that I wanted to make is that talk therapy is not readily available on the level it needs to be.  Funding should be increased, and indirectly, this should be looked into as we have the gun debate.  I do agree that often the answer is just to medicate.   Talk therapy as a support method of treatment could shorten the time on meds or not require the prescribtion of meds at all.

The problem that I have seen, first, if you are in a rural area, the only counselors available may be through a regional center with branches in the neighboring communities.  Often, it is difficult to get an appointment because of shortage of staff.  You may get into see someone once a month at most, and often it may be longer.  Usually their calendars are filled with patients who are court ordered to get counseling either in social service matters or through drug court.    I know seeing a counselor once a month is better than nothing, but if you are truly in crisis, it is not.

Secondly, there are private counselors, but if you do not have health insurance, or have the income to hire them, they may not be an option.   Really, to see someone as often as you need to in times of depression, stress, or extreme anxiety, you need to have the one on one couseling more often. 

Third, I doubt, it but Obama care may cover counseling.  Actually, it could be considered a preventative measure as increased stress leads to heart disease, a tendency to overinduldge in alcholism and many other increased health risks.  The funding would have additional paybacks as more couselors are hired, the cost of health risks may decrease and the increased spending by those employed in the counseling field would add financial stimulus to the economy. 

I write that this may not have been addressed in the gun debates, I have not researched this, but I have not heard it discussed on the news channels.  It is a point I am making and one that is somewhat in this topic. 

I have more arguments and even work with clients that have this problem, so I am knowledgable first hand on this. 

VtaGeezer

Came home late last night, turned on Wells just in time to hear him say that "...something about Sandy Hook isn't right". Click. Monday I call the station and then the two regular local sponsors and tell 'em I won't darken their door as long as their ads are heard on Wells' C2C shows.  Wells' soft-spoken virulence is insidious and has to go. Or listeners with any decency should.

ItsOver

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 20, 2013, 02:53:29 AM
I investigated Ann Blake-Tracy years ago. I don't have all the data I found, but here is what I found in the last few minutes:

Ann Blake-Tracy is a complete fraud

NOBODY on c2c ever challenges their guests on lack of or false/meaningless degrees. I wrote Ian years ago about her, and never received a response.

So, one fraud followed another.  Anybody ever hear The Hoaxster talk about his academic background? 

Morgus

Hoagland took nearly his whole 2 hours last night as prologue to the topic he was scheduled to discuss (HARP) - he didn't get into that until the last minute.
So Wells said he will have to have him back again next weekend unless Noory does before then.
Is that Hoagland's plan in always stretching out his story so long so they will have to have him back again soon to finish it?

ItsOver

Hoagland should be relegated to the attic where the crazy uncles live.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 20, 2013, 11:46:16 AM
Came home late last night, turned on Wells just in time to hear him say that "...something about Sandy Hook isn't right". Click. Monday I call the station and then the two regular local sponsors and tell 'em I won't darken their door as long as their ads are heard on Wells' C2C shows.  Wells' soft-spoken virulence is insidious and has to go. Or listeners with any decency should.

I guess truth scares you.

Quote from: popple on January 15, 2013, 05:33:23 PM
I find it disgusting of him and his guest to say the government is capitalizing on the tragic event & use it to take away guns

And here we have another person who fears the truth.

b_dubb

Darth Asshat ... your fondness for star wars betrays your stupid.  You can't dismiss someone's opinion by stepping on them (the opinions).  At least not on this site

popple

Quote from: DarthAsceticis on January 20, 2013, 05:53:11 PM
And here we have another person who fears the truth.

You do realize there is a whole other part to my comment that you left out right?  The part where I pointed out it's hypocritical of the host and guest to do the exact same thing they are so against. Their pov is the government is using the tragedy to "take all our guns", the host and his guest are using it for a new angle and ratings while families are hurting and people are being harassed. Congrats on taking things out of context and making no sense  ::)  Nowhere did I say my opinion on guns or the government.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 20, 2013, 11:46:16 AM
Came home late last night, turned on Wells just in time to hear him say that "...something about Sandy Hook isn't right". Click.

He has no idea how right he is: Except what isn't right is the ex post facto idiocy from the likes of him.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: DarthAsceticis on January 20, 2013, 05:51:25 PM
I guess truth scares you.
What scares me is that paranoid lags like you can breed. 

Imconfused

I don't know,  but this "Dr." Ann Blake Tracy sounds like she's on a heavy dose of diazepam herself.