A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

HAL 9000

GREAT line at the end of first segment: "Wells in for Noory..." :)

wvghost49

I kind of like this guy; So far anyway.  :)

HAL 9000

Quote from: wvghost49 on December 30, 2010, 03:39:06 AM
I kind of like this guy; So far anyway.  :)

Me too - he's 1000x better than the One-Neuron Nooron... he's a bit more conspiratorial than I am, but he holds my interest, and is a great radio host. He's actually able to have a conversation with guests without reading questions from 3x5 cards.

He really does remind me a lot of Art Bell - has nothing to do with his voice - it's all about interviewing style, and an actual sense of humor on occasion.

I had very low expectations for Mr. Wells, but he has exceeded them all by a wide margin. I'd like to hear him a few more times on other topics, but so far, IMHO, he ought to immediately replace Snoory.

He sounds a lot like Art, anyway. Kind of reassuring.

I like him a lot more than I liked the other fill in dude.

"... to get to the point, neither the world or our audience want or need any more fear-inspiring rhetoric or witterings. Do we as the people of Earth, do we need a little, what I like to call "the Agent Gibbs" treatment? The little vertical slap from the bottom up to the top of the head  to each other, in furtherance to evoking the response, "thanks, I needed that"? So, The theme of today's program is not "be afraid, be increasingly more afraid", and by the way - for you increasingly helpless - tonights theme is, are things taking on a life of their own? Are they already alive? And, well... is the game afoot, as Mr. Holmes would say?

Well then lets get ready because no matter what, these appear to be the interesting times the old curse referred to. "

I like this guy, he's good. Reminds me of the good old days, dare I say.

So far I like him, but the stuff he has discussed about 9/11 bother me. Sure we all know a secret cabal of Jew, Free Masons and Republicans were really behind it, everyone knows that, but were angels involved in any way? That's the sort of thing George would get to the bottom of.

awguy

I just listened to the first hour and I'm liking this guy a lot. He reads the news headlines much like Art Bell, casual, informal with a touch of commentary. The coast website indicates Wells hosted a few times back in 2007, including a show dedicated largely to open lines. I'm going back to listen to that when I get a chance. The open line shows back in the day were my favorite shows. Today, they are just painful to listen to... which probably explains why they aren't done very often anymore.

imperial252

I only caught the last 45 minutes on my way into work but I hope he does more shows. The show really felt like it used to in the old days!

punkinpie

He did an awesome job as a guest host.  It'd be great if he was the regular host.

anagrammy

Greetings all, new poster here, longtime C2C fan.  While listening to John Wells, I finally realized what is the source of my dis-ease with George Noory.  John is actually thinking about the news, thinking about the responses and is PRESENT and willing to charge off in an interesting new direction, should one emerge.  That's it!  You never knew where Art Bell would go in any given show and that spontaneity is the difference between live TV and canned.  He also called people on their stuff, laughed if he thought their prediction was preposterous, etc.  You had the feeling you knew Art, knew his opinions, knew his real thoughts about the news.

John strikes me as that kind of an accessible host, open with his opinions and thoughts extemporaneously, without prior thoughtful consideration.  The difference between "I don't tell anyone whether to get a vaccination. I just tell them what I do."  That's diplomatic but won't keep your attention like "Are you kidding me?  Didn't you read about the recall of the flu shot?  Dr. Jones!  If you are listening, we need you to chime in here!"

Anagrammy

Marc.Knight

Quote from: anagrammy on December 31, 2010, 03:34:32 PM
Greetings all, new poster here, longtime C2C fan.  While listening to John Wells, I finally realized what is the source of my dis-ease with George Noory.  John is actually thinking about the news, thinking about the responses and is PRESENT and willing to charge off in an interesting new direction, should one emerge.  That's it!  You never knew where Art Bell would go in any given show and that spontaneity is the difference between live TV and canned.  He also called people on their stuff, laughed if he thought their prediction was preposterous, etc.  You had the feeling you knew Art, knew his opinions, knew his real thoughts about the news.

John strikes me as that kind of an accessible host, open with his opinions and thoughts extemporaneously, without prior thoughtful consideration.  The difference between "I don't tell anyone whether to get a vaccination. I just tell them what I do."  That's diplomatic but won't keep your attention like "Are you kidding me?  Didn't you read about the recall of the flu shot?  Dr. Jones!  If you are listening, we need you to chime in here!"

Anagrammy

It really is that simple.

imperial252

To me it seemed like Mr. Wells was having a good time, When I listen to Ian or Noory you can tell that this is just their job, not passion. Just my 2 cents anyways.

I would not mind hearing John B on some more subjects. I was impressed but not enough to herald him as a new host.

George Knapp is another story.

ArtBellFan

Like John B. Wells very much, for those who may not have heard him in the past here is an interview he did with Ray Bradbury on June 15, 2007

[attachment deleted by admin]

ArtBellFan

If you want to hear more of John B Wells here is another interview he did with Dr. Bruce Lipton on December 19, 2005

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr. Wells is back tonight, with any luck he will be a regular weekend host.  Think he is worth his own thread.

RCD  8)

I have to agree.. His voice is perfect for late night radio. I just am eager to hear how in depth his questioning will be tonight

coastfan

Great voice and he's got some snazz. Listening right now, and the strange thing is... no Ross Mitchell???

b_dubb

so far so good.  though i'm not looking forward to the nonsense about 'children popping from one dimension to another'.  that sounds like malarkey

b_dubb

uh oh ... the guest is starting to talk about aliens using humanity as a tv receiver.  DANGER !!!! DANGER!!!! approaching BS storm has been sighted! 

coastfan

Wells' tone of voice when he had to talk about the angels...

Didn't hear the show, I'll check it out on Streamlink (yes, I am still a member  :-\ )

I'm still a streamlinker too--for now.. Wells is worth my fee this month.

b_dubb

i'm using a friends login for stinklink. sshhhhh ... don't tell anyone

saab93driver

Wells is worthy of the show IMO, possibly a step towards salvaging it. 

Just got a chance to listen to the full episode of John Wells along with bumper music..

It was spectacular.. the music chosen fit the mood of the show, and the way he spoke .. In a way his voice is like the night itself speaking to you.. it's calm but mysterious, and it's deeply curious about things, just in the same style that Art Bell had .. There are major differences though.. Art Bell had some more in depth questions and more of a rapport with the audience, but I garuntee if Wells hosted in a more regular basis the audience would love him and he would love them..

I hope for a future of Coast to Coast AM with John Wells full time, guest on Sunday George Knapp, Friday night with Simone, and maybe just maybe Saturday with Ian just so we all have something to get annoyed with

tmock00

According to IMDB, Wells has done some voice work in film and television, ironically it includes the film, "Talk Radio." 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920278/

Also, here's a clip where Wells tangles with JC, and JC calls him "Mr. Suave."  Too funny!  :D

JC vs John B. Wells:Coast to Coast AM

Ruteger

C'mon people! You must be f-ing kidding! This guy was awful. He had a voice that screamed "I am bored" "I don't want to be here" "Please, God, take me home NOW." He made Perry Como look like a raving lunatic in comparison. I've heard mushrooms with more enthusiam!

Maybe we are wrong. Or maybe it's simply years if Snoory making anyone else look good.

srnightowl

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 31, 2011, 09:48:19 PM
Just got a chance to listen to the full episode of John Wells along with bumper music..

It was spectacular.. the music chosen fit the mood of the show, and the way he spoke .. In a way his voice is like the night itself speaking to you.. it's calm but mysterious, and it's deeply curious about things, just in the same style that Art Bell had .. There are major differences though.. Art Bell had some more in depth questions and more of a rapport with the audience, but I garuntee if Wells hosted in a more regular basis the audience would love him and he would love them..

I hope for a future of Coast to Coast AM with John Wells full time, guest on Sunday George Knapp, Friday night with Simone, and maybe just maybe Saturday with Ian just so we all have something to get annoyed with
Amen...