• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

trostol

Quote from: Alan Almasen on March 27, 2017, 11:05:32 PM
Hi everyone I'm new here it's my first post. I found out about bellgab from one of art bell show. I decited to check it out and ohh my, this place is a goldmine. Quick question. Does anyone know what happend to the othersideofmidnight with Richard C H. I listen every night for the last 3 weeks since I found it and it's not live .. they are showes from long ago. Thank you.

Dick is on hiatus now for about 6 months due to supposedly him working on his newest book..his..life's work or something or other..supposedly he is coming back live soon...then there is this misleading fact

Club 19.5 Members!! You've been patient, you've been faithful, and now - the GIFTS will begin! There is a broadcast coming up in the next few days that to even KNOW about you need to be in Club 19.5...
So watch your email and we'll tell you when and where and how - we can't give it away too soon...!!!

my guess that..is in regards to him being on Hughes' show

Alan Almasen

Quote from: trostol on March 28, 2017, 12:01:10 AM
Dick is on hiatus now for about 6 months due to supposedly him working on his newest book..his..life's work or something or other..supposedly he is coming back live soon...then there is this misleading fact

Club 19.5 Members!! You've been patient, you've been faithful, and now - the GIFTS will begin! There is a broadcast coming up in the next few days that to even KNOW about you need to be in Club 19.5...
So watch your email and we'll tell you when and where and how - we can't give it away too soon...!!!

my guess that..is in regards to him being on Hughes' show

Thank you very much .. I'm glad I found this forum! I feel like I found my home.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Alan Almasen on March 27, 2017, 11:05:32 PM
Hi everyone I'm new here it's my first post. I found out about bellgab from one of art bell show. I decited to check it out and ohh my, this place is a goldmine. Quick question. Does anyone know what happend to the othersideofmidnight with Richard C H. I listen every night for the last 3 weeks since I found it and it's not live .. they are showes from long ago. Thank you.

Richard went to shit and the hogs ate him.

expat

Alan: Here's the deal. OSOM joins a longish list of projects that Richard Hoagland has walked away from, having recruited "members" and got their credit card numbers. There was the Conference Room, just an internet forum like this but costing $3.95 a month. That lasted about three months but the subscriptions went on much longer. Then there was the Newsletter--I forget what that cost but its subscribers were left in the lurch after a few issues.

Then there was the expedition to Egypt, which his Facebook followers ponied up about $1500 for. Guess what? It was cancelled. Guess if he refunded the money? The answer is no. Then there was the aborted "experiment" at Chichen Itza, which a group of about a dozen paid $100-ish to participate in. When Hoagland was kicked out of the site, they kissed their money goodbye too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_woVHaJKw0

Now Hoagland has the credit card numbers of who-knows-how-many members of "Club 19.5" and he hasn't delivered any new content since last October. Do you see a pattern here?

GravitySucks

Quote from: expat on March 28, 2017, 08:13:56 AM
Alan: Here's the deal. OSOM joins a longish list of projects that Richard Hoagland has walked away from, having recruited "members" and got their credit card numbers. There was the Conference Room, just an internet forum like this but costing $3.95 a month. That lasted about three months but the subscriptions went on much longer. Then there was the Newsletter--I forget what that cost but its subscribers were left in the lurch after a few issues.

Then there was the expedition to Egypt, which his Facebook followers ponied up about $1500 for. Guess what? It was cancelled. Guess if he refunded the money? The answer is no. Then there was the aborted "experiment" at Chichen Itza, which a group of about a dozen paid $100-ish to participate in. When Hoagland was kicked out of the site, they kissed their money goodbye too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_woVHaJKw0

Now Hoagland has the credit card numbers of who-knows-how-many members of "Club 19.5" and he hasn't delivered any new content since last October. Do you see a pattern here?

I believe he is a con, but PayPal offers the protection of knowing that he does not have the cc information. Only the account name. PayPal pushes subscriptions, which allows the users to cancel at anytime. The only info RCH would have seen is an name, email and shipping address.

zeebo

I keep waiting for a "Hoagie & Friends" cruise - with cardboard cutouts of Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, and Sagan.  There'd be anecdotes told for entertainment along with a buffet dinner of cheese & crackers.  There'd also be a raffle held for an Accutron (some assembly required).

pate

Quote from: trostol on March 28, 2017, 12:01:10 AM
Dick is on hiatus...

then there is this misleading fact

Club 19.5 .. Club 19.5...

*{mmm]Hughes' [mmm}*

Whoa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzs3HR9UujE

Apogees for the *{EDIOTORIAL}*, nobody likestolerates a dick.

2witIot: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaWYYX37kY

Eye Keed

Dyna-X

The latest cover art for his new book is labeled "Vol. 1."  After he comes back for several months he can disappear again to write a "Vol. 2."

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 28, 2017, 07:29:45 PM
I keep waiting for a "Hoagie & Friends" cruise - with cardboard cutouts of Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, and Sagan.  There'd be anecdotes told for entertainment along with a buffet dinner of cheese & crackers.  There'd also be a raffle held for an Accutron (some assembly required).
...with a special appearance from Art Bell, who will be a no-show.

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on April 01, 2017, 02:06:51 PM
The latest cover art for his new book is labeled "Vol. 1."  After he comes back for several months he can disappear again to write a "Vol. 2."

He plans to ultimately have 19 volumes, with a final .5 supplemental appendix.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: zeebo on March 28, 2017, 07:29:45 PM

Maybe Noory, with his vast naval experience, can come aboard to guide the ship through the Isthmus of Bullshit.

K_Dubb

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 01, 2017, 08:54:29 PM
Maybe Noory, with his vast naval experience, can come aboard to guide the ship through the Isthmus of Bullshit.

I am reminded of a poem (not mine, I hasten to add) from the vast storehouse of scurrilous lyrics:

Our Captain's very good to us;
He dipped his prick in phosphorus.
It shed a light
All through the night
And steered us through the Bosphorus.

zeebo

The dreams at night never failed
O'er Martian Seas, Hoagie sailed
One morn he awoke
And these words he then spoke
"The truth is finally unveiled!"

K_Dubb

ok iamb iamb anapest

"They're lucky I am alive!
The people I won't deprive.
I'll trade on my looks
(And sell lots of books)
To teach them nineteen point five."

pate

TigerLily

Just read a few posts on the Thread of the Year thread. Made me nostalgically melancholy. Or vice versa. My love to the braapsters

TigerLily

Midnight's other side
Master magician Hoagland
Silly and sublime

JesusJuice

Quote from: TigerLily on April 05, 2017, 12:35:45 AM
Just read a few posts on the Thread of the Year thread. Made me nostalgically melancholy. Or vice versa. My love to the braapsters
Quote from: TigerLily on April 05, 2017, 12:44:35 AM
Midnight's other side
Master magician Hoagland
Silly and sublime

He's going to come back soon. Just as soon as his book is published, he'll come back and do his show again and everyone else will come back and it will just be like old time. Just have patience.

Dyna-X

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on April 05, 2017, 12:58:01 AM
He's going to come back soon. Just as soon as his book is published, he'll come back and do his show again and everyone else will come back and it will just be like old time. Just have patience.
I agree. The finalization of the cover art on the book and that content has been divided (Vol.1) suggests its likely in the editing/proofing process. My prediction is he will be back late April or early May.

paladin1991

With all those GIFTS that 19.5ers will be receiving will be an autographed copy of my new coffee table book.  "Women I Would like to Pork"

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on April 05, 2017, 02:01:46 AM
With all those GIFTS that 19.5ers will be receiving will be an autographed copy of my new coffee table book.  "Women I Would like to Pork"

That would be a huge book to produce and distribute.  Rather, he should provide a copy of the book "Women I Have Porked."  2-3 pages, tops.

zeebo

Got sidetracked reading some old posts in GNS.  Came across some comments about a Hoagie appearance, in his old capacity as "science advisor", after one of those meteors that blazed across Russian skies.  Apparently on that show he claimed that it was a "message" from "them", just to let us know what "they" were capable of.  Funny part was apparently George kept interrupting him asking him more details about one of his cruise anecdotes.

ItsOver

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on April 05, 2017, 12:58:01 AM
He should be back soon after Art returns.

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 10:19:45 PM
Pfff. So is Star Wars. Everyone knows that.  ::)

lol ..no...Star wars is our Ancient History

pate

Quote from: zeebo on April 05, 2017, 08:04:06 PM
...cruise anecdotes.

I swear on all that is Hoagie (hand on the Sagan Accutron) that I read that as:

Quote from: zeebo on April 05, 2017, 08:04:06 PM
...circus anecdotes.

Sirius Lee

editronic: misspelt

2ndTrionic: claricity