• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

karios8

Not to mention their original position that siriusxm wasn't considered competition lol

Jesus, first clip i pulled up of Jorch hes saying something stupid and fishing for a compliment at the same time.... within 3 minutes of the show... this is gonna be a long task ..
http://youtu.be/HPtcCmHnUew

karios8

Quote from: Sir_Digby_Chicken_Ceaser on October 18, 2013, 08:36:22 PM
Jesus, first clip i pulled up of Jorch hes saying something stupid and fishing for a compliment at the same time.... within 3 minutes of the show... this is gonna be a long task ..

May God have mercy on your soul.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sir_Digby_Chicken_Ceaser on October 18, 2013, 08:36:22 PM

You should have picked something easier.  Like building a pyramid by yourself.  No cheating with the aliens.

EarthAlien007

They finally posted who's on tonight.
Her website says "Born with a genuine Psychic gift".  ;D

Psychic Attacks & Open Lines
Fri 10-18

George Noory welcomes spiritual healer Elizabeth Joyce for a discussion on psychic attacks, demonic forces and auras. Open Lines to follow.

http://new-visions.com/

ItsOver

"...psychic attacks, demonic forces and auras."  Maybe she can do something about UFO Phil.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2013, 09:51:57 PM
"...psychic attacks, demonic forces and auras."  Maybe she can do something about UFO Phil.

bahahahaha!

Morgus

Noory on the air just mentioned today he awoke and discovered he had thousands of emails.
He thinks most were "spammy" things, but we know better - most were probably complaints about his recent treatment of guests who chose to appear on Art Bell's Dark Matter show...

Morgus

Noory just bragged about a new system he is using to keep 'clowns' attempting to call in.
He said they better watch out! Is he thinking of bateman? ;)

Quote from: Morgus on October 19, 2013, 02:57:50 AM
Noory just bragged about a new system he is using to keep 'clowns' attempting to call in.

Of course he is

onan

LOL man noory is truly disconnected from any sense of the common. Clowns, better watch out! Yeah that will put a stop to prank calls fer sure.

DanTSX

Lol he sounds like some old fart with a grandchild who acts up " you see that policeman over there?  If you misbehave he is going to take you to jail and you will not get any dessert"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 17, 2013, 09:14:06 AM

Well, I don't really have a chance to listen much to talk radio.  But isn't that supposed to be 'about yelling and screaming', at least in part?

A couple things about Coast to Coast in general - it's supposed to be about the paranormal.  It's supposed to be pointedly different from the rest of those shows, not just something somewhat less confrontational. 

The closest thing to being a 'prick' should be to ask guests to substantiate controversial or outlandish comments - something George doesn't ever do.

The other thing is George always trying to put himself out there as a nice guy - when he clearly isn't.

You never noticed George creepily schmoozing the good looking female guests and women callers he thought sounded like they were young and cute?  Or picked up on his distain for female callers he thought sounded older?  Or the way he's treated LMH?

How about constantly interrupting his guests in mid-thought or mid-sentence?  Or the rudeness of lack of show prep?  Or dumping callers and lying about it ('they mustuh hung up')?  Or dumping guests - we've had a few come here to tell us they were left wondering what happened because they were just hung up on during the break?

How about all the lies about his personal experiences - the ones that don't quite ring true but still manage to make him sound creepy?  Or the bragging, ego, and self absorption - all wrapped up in him pretending to be a nice guy?

To me it was pretty hard to miss.  No matter what Michael Savage was doing.

Well, is he a prick or isn't he? You can't take a guest to task without coming across as a prick to some listeners. Art's already done that, prompting a few in the live threads to mention him being "short" with callers and guests. To be nice means you can't press guests and callers. George is accused of not pressing guests, but is also accused of being a prick to guests. You make sense of that for me and then we'll both know what's going on, but it certainly doesn't compute logically right now.

Never noticed George hitting on female guests one way or another. I plead the fifth on this one, I have been known to flirt and hit on chicks at bars from here to freaking China.

If you look in the live threads, especially that terrible interview with that kid in Nevada, people spoke glowingly about a guest dump on Art's show. They say he's dumped them on purpose with dropped calls in the past. I have no idea if that's true or not, and don't care either way, but what is your standard here? I'm sure you agree that it should be consistently applied for either host, or any radio host for that matter. What is a bad dump and what is good dump?

As far as personal experiences, well, see, here's the problem: about 90% or more paranormal experiences are fakes. Hoaxes. Whether for attention seeking or selling a book, they're frauds. I'm interested in the percentage that aren't fakes, which is why I listen. Be that as it may, both shows are still effectively forums for complete frauds to sell their goods. If Noory tells a story about once owning a horse and it might not be true, and then the guest comes on and says aliens abducted him and gave him a complete physical and touched his penis, which is almost certainly a complete lie, well, you tell me which one is more creepy and which one is more innocuous. C2C is literally a forum where fake stories are told under the auspices that they just might be true every now and then. It's the guests that creep me out, not the hosts.

I just don't see where the standards are with any of this. It's opinion, and it's coming from people that already pre-disliked the subject of criticism. That's called bias. Well, look, biased sources aren't reliable. Turn on Chris Matthews or Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity for a while and you'll see how that works. And that's why I don't accept Noory opinions from open detractors. I don't care if someone who's raging away with screw Noory comments tells me that they once got a curtly worded letter from him. For all I know, they opened the letter with the words "Fuck you George, and BTW, could you please. . ."

But what isn't bias is open action. And George having Oates on and snarfing guests is clear action. It's a no-brainer to judge his actions on that basis and I just did, George Noory is behaving badly and sucks for it. But what I still don't know is if this is all just adversarial promotion. I see it's fired up again with George posting in the live threads. Fighting is a good way to promote two celebrities, look at Trump and Rosie, so I'm not sure what I'm watching with this back and forth between the hosts. It could all be face value too, I just don't know.

But I'm certainly not going to burst an artery over it.

valdez

Elizabeth Joyce's energy level and spunk was just enough to keep her segment interesting, even with George pulling his head out of his butt just long enough to ask questions like, "do you think Lucifer is as powerful as God?", and, "...possession...isn't that when exorcisms take place?" Well, heck yeah, George.  Head back in butt now.  I grew fond of the caller that was "operated on by reptilians in 1978,"  and who's friends kept turning up in his garage hanging by a noose, and who was questioned by police investigating Hoffa's disappearance.  Callers like that rock.  George replaced Brother Iz with the worst song Frank Sinatra ever recorded, and for the first time that I'm aware of George mentioned his "Late Nite Snacks" literary fiasco: "The publishers wanted me to do it."  Sweet.  Dear Publishers:  can you get George to jump off a roof?

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2013, 05:21:40 AM
Well, is he a prick or isn't he?...

But I'm certainly not going to burst an artery over it.

Ok.  You think George Noory is a nice guy and a fine show host.  Enjoy, enjoy.

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 19, 2013, 07:14:45 AM

Ok.  You think George Noory is a nice guy and a fine show host.  Enjoy, enjoy.
No. You must conform your thinking as well. Conform!

bateman

Hahahaha, stupid bastard. Someone should tell him about all the free calling apps you can get on your smartphone. New number in seconds, Jorch.  :D

HorrorRetro

I caught -- okay, I subjected myself -- to a few minutes of last night's crapfest.  I wanted to bash this woman in the face.  She said that people who have pancreatic cancer only have it because they want to.  She actually said the only way anyone has pancreatic cancer is because they've prayed to die.  She said her twin sister recently died of it, and that's what she accused her twin sister of doing, praying to die.  Fuckhead just sat there and didn't challenge her at all.  I wonder if he believes his sister who is dying of brain cancer wanted it? I guess he must believe that since he let this bitch get away spewing this garbage.

Marc.Knight

"Clowns" - what an amazing and apt choice of word.  So psychologically telling.  George has coulrophobia (fear of clowns), and has mentioned this affliction of his many times.  Every phone call is a possible "clown" trying to sneak up on him.  Bwwwaahahahahaha!

Lady is scared to death of Clowns - Coulrophobia (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on October 19, 2013, 08:47:36 AM
No. You must conform your thinking as well. Conform!

You vill conform and you vill enjoy it!

ItsOver

Quote from: Philosopher on October 19, 2013, 10:35:42 AM
"Clowns" - what an amazing and apt choice of word.  So psychologically telling.  George has coulrophobia (fear of clowns), and has mentioned this affliction of his many times... 

Damn self-hater.

onan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 19, 2013, 10:21:41 AM
I caught -- okay, I subjected myself -- to a few minutes of last night's crapfest.  I wanted to bash this woman in the face.  She said that people who have pancreatic cancer only have it because they want to.  She actually said the only way anyone has pancreatic cancer is because they've prayed to die.  She said her twin sister recently died of it, and that's what she accused her twin sister of doing, praying to die.  Fuckhead just sat there and didn't challenge her at all.  I wonder if he believes his sister who is dying of brain cancer wanted it? I guess he must believe that since he let this bitch get away spewing this garbage.

Yeah, that attitude in the new age community is horrid. If you ask for it the universe will give it to you. What a bunch of maggot infested tripe.

onan

I am not sure what the history and origin of clowns is. But I do know that, one of the first tasks of infants is to learn to organize facial patterns. If you show a very young infant a face with the eyes, nose, and mouth out of place the infant doesn't react, but several weeks later showing that same image will cause distress in the infant.

That learning isn't a one time event but becomes more sophisticated over the next several years. So placing a face with disconcerting colors and grotesque shapings, in close proximity to a young child is probably not a great idea.

aldousburbank

I'm not too sophisticated but I saw a clown on the SF Pier yesterday that creeped me way out. Way. Too much to snap its pic. Reminded me of the george.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 19, 2013, 11:49:08 AM
I'm not too sophisticated but I saw a clown on the SF Pier yesterday that creeped me way out. Way. Too much to snap its pic. Reminded me of the george.

You're sophisticated. Way.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 19, 2013, 11:49:08 AM

Was he just hanging out or was he waiting for his clam chowder bread bowl at Boudin?  ;D

FallenSeraph

Quote from: valdez on October 19, 2013, 06:16:53 AM
I grew fond of the caller that was "operated on by reptilians in 1978,"  and who's friends kept turning up in his garage hanging by a noose, and who was questioned by police investigating Hoffa's disappearance.  Callers like that rock. 

I fell asleep listening to Ground Zero, with Clyde Lewis replaying his paranormal investigation of the Zodiac Killer (during which he started sobbing . . . and used a SPIRIT BOX) and woke up hours later right in time for THIS call on C2C. I remember thinking, "most awesome caller ever" before falling back to sleep. I think the guy said his WIFE was also found hanging in the garage too.

I woke up a little bit later to the tune of Noory victoriously crowing about catching prank callers and talking about some kind of new high-tech prank-caller detector he's using.

My Friday nights are so damn awesome these days.   :-\

MV/Liberace!

according to the pic on c2c's facebook page, noory belongs at the beginning of the evolutionary chain.

[attach=1]

The General

Quote from: MV on October 19, 2013, 12:14:48 PM
according to the pic on c2c's facebook page, noory belongs at the beginning of the evolutionary chain.

[attach=1]
yes, unfortunately he's headed the wrong way.